The lone wolf guide to the CEO cargo trade

82 replies to this topic
JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:43 AM

If the cargo vehicle you have to drive to your warehouse is the Water &Power utility vehicle, the one with the four amber beacons on the corners of the roof, activate those lights. You activate them the same way you'd activate the emergency lights in a police car. They have pretty much the same effect as the police car's lights, which is to make traffic mostly* get out of your way, but since you're going slower than a police car, the effect is somewhat better because drivers have more time to react.

*Of course, there still will be some drivers who simply stop in the middle of the street like idiots because they don't know what to do. As a real-life driver of emergency vehicles, I can tell you that this is actually a fairly accurate representation of the way real drivers react to emergency vehicles.

This is, of course, player preference. Some players may prefer the way traffic normally works.

spukin
  • spukin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:05 PM

I would also add the method to fix youre buzzard because it also saves time. If u call it from your CEO abbilities it will be in the same condition as before, so if u want to fix it first call other vehicle that is on your list for free and then call the buzzard. It will be brand new.

• Hunter likes this

wangsparkinglot
  • wangsparkinglot

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:37 AM

Excellent write up mate, very detailed.. 

As someone who has done around 300 pickups the crate pickups in the water are easily the most tedious followed by the thieves parachuting and lastly the plane down.

Well done !

• Hunter likes this

Stu Pidasol
  • Stu Pidasol

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:31 AM

Excellent write up.

Does anyone know if your cargo is visible to the lobby if its a red box?

Like, when I only kill 1 thief because I dont want the lobby to see the other two crates.

I cant remember ever being cargo hijacked doing this.

I also make sure to kill the one theif thats parachuting the farthest away first. The other two sometimes head in the right direction.
  • Hunter likes this

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:19 AM Edited by JRebbert512, 12 July 2016 - 08:20 AM.

I would also add the method to fix youre buzzard because it also saves time. If u call it from your CEO abbilities it will be in the same condition as before, so if u want to fix it first call other vehicle that is on your list for free and then call the buzzard. It will be brand new.

I didn't think this would work, so I tried it, and confirmed that it does not work.

I was standing on a street corner far away from my Buzzard and called for another vehicle from the list, the BeeJay XL. I then tried to call for the Buzzard, but was told my vehicle was already nearby.

I hopped in a random vehicle and drove about a block and a half away, and at that point, I was able to call for the Buzzard.

So it doesn't work exactly as described; you can't get another vehicle if a company vehicle is already nearby.

My advice is to simply be more careful with your Buzzard. Don't throw it at crashed airplanes, stay at max missile range when attacking enemies on the ground to minimize gunfire taken, etc. And be gentle if you have to land! Remember, you only need it to last one mission, because if you auto-land it at your office, it gets repaired anyway.
  • BigBrother67 likes this

spukin
  • spukin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:51 AM

Sorry just wrote it fast because didn't have much time. I always take my car which i call from mechanic and drive slowly. While doing this i first call BeeJay and after couple of second call new buzzard. This method can be done even on foot because spawning CEO vehicles don't have such big distance restriction as mechanic one. You can also mash X on the list because sometimes it shows that You still can't order a vehicle but actually You can.

• Hunter likes this

rlk232
  • rlk232

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:00 PM

I'm nearly at $30m, almost all of which is via lone-wolf method. My goal is $50m before I start playing missions again, maybe 2-3 weeks.

• Hunter likes this

_apache
  • _apache

The Perfect Shot

• Members

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:56 PM

Excellent write up. I just wanna add that to get an empty session straight away, change your MTU settings (in your network connections) to 800.

• BigBrother67 and Hunter like this

Hunter
  • Hunter

Hunter civil rights activist

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:28 PM

Excellent write up mate, very detailed.. 

As someone who has done around 300 pickups the crate pickups in the water are easily the most tedious followed by the thieves parachuting and lastly the plane down.

Well done !

Thank you a ton, I appreciate it!

Excellent write up.

Does anyone know if your cargo is visible to the lobby if its a red box?

Thank you too. To answer your question, I'm afraid I'm not sure. I tend to play solo, so I don't have anyone to tell me if they appear or not.

I would still leave helicopters/thieves before killing them though, if there are other players in the session.

Even if they do show on the map, at least they'll be moving out of the way of harm, and there's a chance players might mistake it for another player, and be less crazed about running after them.

Sorry just wrote it fast because didn't have much time. 

Don't be sorry at all. I just destroy my Buzzard when it starts smoking/is damaged, but I will try out your method of repairing it too.

Do you still have to wait for the cool down if you call up another vehicle? Because if you dodge the cool down, then I'd say your method is better than mine.

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

Sorry just wrote it fast because didn't have much time.

Don't be sorry at all. I just destroy my Buzzard when it starts smoking/is damaged, but I will try out your method of repairing it too.

Do you still have to wait for the cool down if you call up another vehicle? Because if you dodge the cool down, then I'd say your method is better than mine.
The cool down timer only seems to start when you actually destroy a vehicle. When I did my own testing of what spukin was saying, I did not experience the cool down timer limitation. I was able to call for the Buzzard as quickly as I was able to get far enough away from the BeeJay XL. And spukin was also correct that the distance limitation is not as far as it is for your mechanic to deliver a PV. In other words, you don't need to be as far away from one company vehicle before it'll let you summon another.

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:28 PM

There is a "secret" of sorts for using Trackify on a cargo pickup mission. When you get to where your cargo vehicle is supposed to be only to be informed that you need to use Trackify to find the vehicle that has it, there's a way to know right at the start which dot is the dot that actually has the cargo. When you first open the Trackify app, look closely at the dots. You will see a few dots on the screen right away, but after a second or two, another dot will appear. This dot that appears later than the other will be the one that has your cargo. So fly straight towards it, then capture the vehicle as you normally would.

• BigBrother67 likes this

potato_hater
  • potato_hater

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:27 AM

Wait so its possible to sell everything solo? Even when it says you need an assistant and everything?
  • Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:23 AM

Wait so its possible to sell everything solo? Even when it says you need an assistant and everything?

Yes it is, though I'd strongly, strongly recommend not doing so in a public session, not until it's empty.

potato_hater
  • potato_hater

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:31 AM

Yes it is, though I'd strongly, strongly recommend not doing so in a public session, not until it's empty.
Ahh yeah definitely
I just did my first one in a lobby with me and some other random guy, i used ghost organisation (waste of money) and i texted him asking if we were cool (he was all the way in blaine county mind you). And he just activated passive mode and stayed in one place :lol:
Needless to say i kept checking my map just in case lol
The mission itself was very easy, just take my truck and deliver the cargo, nice 700k+ for a full medium warehouse
  • Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:40 AM

Ahh yeah definitely
I just did my first one in a lobby with me and some other random guy, i used ghost organisation (waste of money) and i texted him asking if we were cool (he was all the way in blaine county mind you). And he just activated passive mode and stayed in one place :lol:
Needless to say i kept checking my map just in case lol
The mission itself was very easy, just take my truck and deliver the cargo, nice 700k+ for a full medium warehouse

You can never be too careful lol. I'm crazy paranoid when I do these things.

Datguy8925
  • Datguy8925

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:54 PM

These CEO jobs made see the crutch that is Bullshark Testosterone.  1 minute of Trevor's ability?  It really helps you make short work of the OP AI.  Especially in the mission where gangs have raided your things and you have to kill them all before taking them back.  

I just wished when selecting it from the menu it automatically starts up the affect instead of placing it right next to you.

• Hunter likes this

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:43 PM

These CEO jobs made see the crutch that is Bullshark Testosterone.  1 minute of Trevor's ability?  It really helps you make short work of the OP AI.  Especially in the mission where gangs have raided your things and you have to kill them all before taking them back.  

I just wished when selecting it from the menu it automatically starts up the affect instead of placing it right next to you.

BST is good, but there are alternatives to combat on foot. It's extremely rare that I've gotten into a shootout on foot while doing these missions.

For missions with non-police enemies, simply stay in your Buzzard and take out all enemies with homing missiles. Circle around the area to make sure you get them all. You would only not want to do this in the type of mission where you have to "follow the blood trails" because the cargo is exposed and can be destroyed by your missiles. But in any other type of mission here it's still in a vehicle, the cargo is safe. (At least, in my experience I have never, ever destroyed cargo while its in a vehicle, and I've seen signs of explosions occurring right next to pickup vehicles.)

For missions where the enemies are police, simply get out your phone, call Lester, pre-select his lose cops ability, then do whatever you need to do to get a wanted level. Then use the lose cops ability. For example, on a sting, enter the vehicle, or on the crashed plane mission, simply fly low over the plane. On the missions where you're supposed to retrieve the van from police impound, you may need to wait to call Lester until you actually enter the van, because if you use the lose cops ability before you get in the van, you may get another wanted level immediately.

Anyway, what I'm saying is there's really no need to get into a shootout on foot, which means there's usually no need for BST. I would consider using it during the cargo sell missions when you have to defend the delivered cargo from attacker smart the end, though.

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:42 PM

Anyway, what I'm saying is there's really no need to get into a shootout on foot, which means there's usually no need for BST. 

Sh*t happens though, so when push comes to shove, you're better off using what's available.

Very good point. That stuff is lethal. Good for if real players are ganging up on you in PvP too

Yeah that seems weird to me too - I mean, they're already putting it by your feet; why not just automatically give it to you? Oh well, it's usually only a problem if there's lag and the stuff's not spawning on time.

Datguy8925
  • Datguy8925

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:04 AM

I do agree that avoiding combat where possible is the best route but like my Chopper aficionado friend has stated, sh*t goes down. Personally I like getting out of the vehicle, take cover and have them come to me. That way I won't have to deal with their OP aiming whilst in car and I have much more movement for combat. That and BST.

For police I just call Lester or just use my skills to evade and escape.
  • Hunter likes this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:22 PM

Something that might be useful is give the other CEO's space to work and star far away from them. If you get a mission taking place near another player's location, be careful not to accidentally kill the player.

While I haven't unintentionally killed a player during a mission, I doubt much of the GTA community will bother to distinguish accidental kills from intentional kills, and thus view anyone who kills them as a threat.

• Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:25 PM

Something that might be useful is give the other CEO's space to work and star far away from them. If you get a mission taking place near another player's location, be careful not to accidentally kill the player.

While I haven't unintentionally killed a player during a mission, I doubt much of the GTA community will bother to distinguish accidental kills from intentional kills, and thus view anyone who kills them as a threat.

Oh yes, no one's really going to be peaceful if you kill them by accident. Plus, to be honest, people like having their space anyway. Even if I'm not doing cargo work, I'm always a little on edge if I can see someone nearby. I'm alert at that point anyway.

So yeah, unless you've messaged them, made an alliance or something, then it's best to keep your distance from other players.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:58 AM Edited by tails_prower_2040, 16 July 2016 - 10:58 AM.

Ah, a timely moment for me to discover your guide as I finally got round to some CEO work again yesterday so have a full small warehouse and  half full medium

so I'll be having some experiences to add to this.

One thing I have noticed already and I'm not sure if it's covered but I had the CEO collection mission where you must go out to sea and collect the goods from

the boat usually with enemy speedboats or a helicopter around the goods.

Went across in the buzzard as normal yesterday and shot up the first speeder and then destroyed the second one and got notificiation of a crate being

destroyed? I've done this one countless times with the buzzard before and never had a crate destroyed and I'm sure the assistant even says go ahead

and attack the crates won't be destroyed?

Only thing I can think is that somehow the boat explosion somehow blew up the crate, anyone had any experience of that?

Any ideas? Bug? (I think I have video - need to check)

• Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:24 PM

Spoiler

I've had that happen when I destroy the large boat (which carries the crates) before destroying the smaller boats. Basically, until you destroy the large boat, the crates are kept safe inside it. So you can destroy the smaller boats without worrying about their explosions accidentally getting the crates (which does happen).

Obviously the video would help to be able to say for sure, but that's probably what happened. Always go for the two smaller boats before the large one (which carries the crates inside it).

Oh, and thank you for checking out the guide.

spukin
  • spukin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:29 PM Edited by spukin, 16 July 2016 - 03:47 PM.

About Trackify it won't work if your bodyguard open the app first. If you are second you will see all 3 point in the same time

My GOLDEN tip about special items is method that i came up with by myself and it works:

When u store special items alway put them in one storage and never sell them. The only item that you should ALWAYS sell it's golden watch - the most valuable item (120k profit) To do it just store 5 special items in same storage and every time you get the Goldent Watch call (it's easy to recognise because it cost 30k) store it in separate warehouse and sell. This way after collecting 5 special items in one warehouse you will only get golden watch calls.

• BigBrother67, Datguy8925 and Hunter like this

Datguy8925
  • Datguy8925

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:40 AM

About Trackify it won't work if your bodyguard open the app first. If you are second you will see all 3 point in the same time

My GOLDEN tip about special items is method that i came up with by myself and it works:

When u store special items alway put them in one storage and never sell them. The only item that you should ALWAYS sell it's golden watch - the most valuable item (120k profit) To do it just store 5 special items in same storage and every time you get the Goldent Watch call (it's easy to recognise because it cost 30k) store it in separate warehouse and sell. This way after collecting 5 special items in one warehouse you will only get golden watch calls.

Oh wow nice catch man.

• Hunter likes this

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:54 PM

In case someone already mentioned it and I just missed I apologize for any repeat ideas, but unless it's been changed in the last patch it's worth noting that when you have to chase down enemies on-foot who are carrying crates, you can safely blow them up with rockets without destroying the crate itself they are carrying. This also applies to the enemies that bail out of the Valkyrie in mid air,, so you cans easily blow them up with the Hydra/Savage cannon without waiting for them to land. Just be careful with your shots once you do kill them and they drop the crate, and as noted earlier in the thread you can pick up the packages mid-air.

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:28 PM

In case someone already mentioned it and I just missed I apologize for any repeat ideas, but unless it's been changed in the last patch it's worth noting that when you have to chase down enemies on-foot who are carrying crates, you can safely blow them up with rockets without destroying the crate itself they are carrying. This also applies to the enemies that bail out of the Valkyrie in mid air,, so you cans easily blow them up with the Hydra/Savage cannon without waiting for them to land. Just be careful with your shots once you do kill them and they drop the crate, and as noted earlier in the thread you can pick up the packages mid-air.

Oh that's new I think, and thanks for contributing.

I would feel safer using missile than the Savages cannon to be honest. That cannon ... I wouldn't really trust it to not blow the crate up after the AI guy's dead - since if you held the trigger too long, well, you know.

But I use missiles a lot for guys on foot now, makes things much quicker and easier.

spukin
  • spukin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:11 PM

yes u can blow them up.. same as with the boat crates become "active" after couple of second (if im correct afte they finish blinking). Before that you can shoot them good with anything u have.

• Hunter likes this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:58 PM Edited by tails_prower_2040, 18 July 2016 - 08:11 PM.

Video link coming shortly but it would appear this is an issue with this specific mission, if you blow up the boats before the text the crates can be destroyed.

Video:

• Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:59 AM

Video link coming shortly but it would appear this is an issue with this specific mission, if you blow up the boats before the text the crates can be destroyed.

Video:

-snip-

I personally think it's because you blew up the larger boat before blowing up the smaller ones - this freed the crates from the large boat into the sea, where they were vulnerable to getting caught in the explosion of the smaller boats. I've had that happen to me before.

There could also be a glitch though; I can't rule that out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users