882 replies to this topic
Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/892739401004044289 

If you had any hope left for DLC or whatnot, Andromeda's lead designer is now with EA motive working on a new IP. 

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/892739401004044289 

If you had any hope left for DLC or whatnot, Andromeda's lead designer is now with EA motive working on a new IP. 

well they took that down fast lol

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Oh wow, damage control I guess. 

Static
  • Static

DeadStock

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

Probably because it wasn't just the lead designer, but the entire studio. Bioware Montreal was  absorbed by merged with EA Motive.

At least Casey Hudson is coming back as Bioware's GM though.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted A week ago

my only real concern was whether or not I'd enjoy the new combat mechanics but it's actually really fluid.

The combat is by far the best in the series for me. Incredibly satisfying.
  • El Diablo likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted A week ago

the combat is great, yeah.

I love how dodging and hovering works. brings a whole new dimension and new tactics to the battlefield. it also just works really well. it feels intuitive, it's fun, and it's useful. but the whole experience so far is giving me flashbacks to the very first Mass Effect. which is good.

everything is very fresh.

Andromeda gives me that feeling of grandiosity and mystery and pioneer exploration that I haven't really felt since the original game. ME 2 and 3 were fine but they became a little too cramped. the developers got tunnel vision with the storyline and certain maps / areas became overused. environments were more confined, more linear. the design was actually just lazy by the end of the last game.

Andromeda has changed all of that.

the environments feel like planets again. large, whole planets. the sense of exploration and the unknown is back. plus all of the little things that bring the game together. I love all the customization for me, my crew, my loadout, my ship, my rover, etc etc. I love hanging out on deck with my team and unlocking new banter and new relationships. the sound effects are great. the music is great. haven't noticed any visual bugs, haven't encountered any gameplay bugs. thumbs up across the board :^:

luisniko
  • luisniko

Un-certified Nurse

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I played the demo and purchased this game from PSN sale (and after using another discount coupon I have) for approx. USD9. lmao.

I'm just glad I can make both Ryders to look comfortable to see in my eyes, SJW forbid. I also found that I could repaint armor and suit, which is nice.

With those skills to build, this turns out to be the closest thing I can have a Borderlands with custom character. My character is using the stealth cloak thingy, then the virus thingy as second skill, and the third would be turret.

I'm not really digging sci-fi theme, so I don't care for the story and still only playing this once in a while. I like scanning things up and mining though.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 3 days ago

the combat is great, yeah.
I love how dodging and hovering works. brings a whole new dimension and new tactics to the battlefield. it also just works really well. it feels intuitive, it's fun, and it's useful.

I especially love the ai this time around. You can't just stay in one spot or behind cover during a fight as they will try to sneak up behind or flank you. Love how I'm being forced to run and jump around and use the entire battlefield and all my powers/abilities. Can't even hide on a roof from one of those huge creatures because they'll follow you up there or wherever you go. Love it. In previous games it was relatively easy to just stay in one area and pick off your enemies one by one most of the time. Definitely an improvement.

As for hanging out with your mates on the ship.. could have been better. I've noticed they run out of things to say pretty quickly and then stay that way until after some of the main missions. I mean I've completed Cora's (worst character in entire series btw) personal mission a while ago but she hasn't said anything new since then. I don't even talk to her anymore because there's no point. It's like there's nothing more to learn about her and I think I've still got a very long way to go in the game. If this continues it's gonna be a very quiet ship before I reach the end. I think this aspect of the game was done much better in the previous games.

I like scanning things up and mining though.

I don't. At the beginning scanning was a nice new gimmick, but after a couple of missions it just became super tedious. Same goes for mining and hunting for resources. Hate it.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Matrelith, 3 days ago.

Squadmates running out of things to say fast has been common in all Mass Effect though. The worst offender would be Garrus in ME2. Unless you're romancing him, he'll have one talk with you before his loyalty mission and one after it. After that he's in the middle of some calibrations. I was actually surprised how much lines were recorded in Andromeda of the crew interacting with each other both on the ship and on mission. In my experience it felt like a lot more compared to the OT.

x6fig1rljdhy.jpg

Also Cora is bae.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 3 days ago

Didn't like Cora from the moment I saw her.
Sorry my turian friends, but Vetra wasn't a favorite either.

Drek became one of my favorite characters in the series. Doesn't matter where I decided to take him, all of his interactions were simply amazing. From plot points to driving around on planets, he made me laugh and smile so many times. Not only that, he's a total badass in combat too.

He's a grumpy old krogan done just right.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 3 days ago

Squadmates running out of things to say fast has been common in all Mass Effect though.

Well they run out of things to say in all Bioware games eventually but never as early as in Andromeda. Nowadays whenever I talk to someone after a main mission they maybe have a short comment or two but other than that all topics are grayed out. Been that way for ages now. I feel like I haven't really learned that much about any of the characters.

The chatter during missions or while cruising around in whatever the Mako's called in this game (I forgot) is still cool though. Just finished Liam's personal mission and gotta say it made me laugh a few times. Took Peebs along and her comments made it even better. Really enjoyed the mission overall. Liam's secondary movie night mission is really annoying though.

As for the squadmates, I still say Cora is by far the worst. She's actually my least favourite character in any Bioware game (well she and that whiner Gil). Just incredibly boring. Liam is ok but a weird choice for a game like this. He's pretty useless.
Drek and Peebee are the best with Jaal not far behind. All 3 of them are pretty hilarious at times. And yeah Drek is a beast in combat. By far the most useful on the battlefield.

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Matrelith, 2 days ago.

Haha, for me the title of worst squadmate still goes to Jacob. Nothing beats him in terms of dullness. Cora, along with Drack, are my favorite squadmates in Andromeda. Both can kick some serious ass when specced right and the three of you can have some really good synergy. Cora's romance is also really sweet, and I feel like her loyalty mission adds a lot to her character. 

If I had to rank Andromeda's squad, I'd probably go Cora/Drack > Jaal > Peebee > Vetra > Liam. 

• feckyerlife likes this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Kiffster, 2 days ago.

Oh sorry Drack, not Drek. I blame fashion.

I didn't mind Jacob actually. Liked him more than some of the other humans like Kaidan, Liam and even Ryder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users