» «
Photo

Official Mass Effect Topic

722 replies to this topic
Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:46 PM Edited by Fireman, 02 December 2016 - 08:51 PM.

Too open-world for me. Why you do this?!?!

I don't want to spend my life No Man's Sky-ing.

The trailer was unimpressive and makes me not want to play the game. It looks like it'll just be a shooter.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:08 PM Edited by Th3MaN1, 02 December 2016 - 09:13 PM.

Too open-world for me. Why you do this?!?!

I don't want to spend my life No Man's Sky-ing.

The trailer was unimpressive and makes me not want to play the game. It looks like it'll just be a shooter.

In case you have any doubts, this game will definitely not have 18 quintillion planets copy-pasted.

You say "it'll just be a shooter", but there were some interesting skills showcased (the side-dodging, the jetpack, the charge) are looking to make things just less repetitive and more fun.

The nomad also looks to be much more drivable than the Mako in the first game, which for me was pretty f*cking horrible experience.

If there's anything to be concerned about, it would be how the game is structured for one. From what little footage we can see, they seem to be putting some thought and small stories into the side-missions, similar to Witcher 3, which would be a welcome addition.

That and some of the animations are still looking pretty f*cking dull to me. Facial ones especially. Also seeing the main character running around reminding me of Shephard is not a good sign for me. Either it's my lack of memory or some animations had to be re-used.

EDIT: By the way, just stumbled upon this:

• HaythamKenway likes this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:21 PM

Good two trailers and we finally saw Turians!  :^: FAces look little stiff,but they have time to improve animanitons until launch.

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:31 AM Edited by Noale, 05 January 2017 - 04:31 AM.

https://www.engadget...-on-march-21st/

Arriving March 21.

• Queen and Cameron Star like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:49 AM

• El Diablo, Queen and Cameron Star like this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

Mass Effect 2 is currently free on Origin:

https://www.origin.c...es/on-the-house

• El Diablo likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:24 PM

that trailer made the game feel like mass effect 3 with newer graphics, im ok with that

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:25 PM

Can't believe I had to search the depths of the SECOND page to find the topic. Not long now until Andromeda is released. Is anyone else concerned at the lack of footage/information released?

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

I stay away from information and footage so it isn't a big deal for me. I actually paid the rest of it off during this past weekend. It also helps that I have Spring Break week already scheduled off so I'll be ready to grab is at midnight.
  • Mister Pink likes this

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:47 PM

I stay away from information and footage so it isn't a big deal for me. I actually paid the rest of it off during this past weekend. It also helps that I have Spring Break week already scheduled off so I'll be ready to grab is at midnight.

True but I mean it isn't exactly promising that they haven't shown much off. It could be deliberate of course but some are speculating a delay incoming.

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:22 AM

I've always kind of expected there to be a delay, and with the lack of anything new it's become more and more likely. But hey. Good things come to those who wait. So I'm not going to complain. I just want the game to be great.

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:23 AM

I just read they are making it available on EA ACCESS 5 days before launch on March 10th.

Maybe it isn't going to be delayed then!?

• Queen likes this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:28 AM

They've released two (or three) trailers not to mention the footage related to the N7 program they have on Facebook.

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:28 AM

That's a great sign. Hallelujah!

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Rebellions are built on hope

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:31 AM

I've already reserved my vacation time for the release week. If they delay it I will... leave a very angry post on the internet. That will show them.

I'm not that concerned about the lack of information. EA seems to not want to to overdo it on hype this time around, which is probably smart. Better stay quiet and hope to positively surprise people than oversell the game and end up with another ME3. They have quite a mountain to climb, most trailers they've released met with a mixed reception and people don't trust the modern BioWare. They probably hope to stay under the radar and sell the game based on good reviews and positive word of mouth.

But we're still getting something. IGN is supposed to run a month long series of previews on the game in a couple (?) of weeks, so we'll learn more soon.

• dante財閥 likes this

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:51 PM

I'd feel a lot more confident just watching an uninterrupted stream of game play footage, if they don't end up doing the tech test. 

Cameron Star
  • Cameron Star

Rock my socks.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

I like the idea of the Ryder twins, and how the one you don't play will become an NPC. I want to see how that works out.

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:14 PM

Anyone doing those Mass Effect website tutorials/minigames? I believe I only did the first one, and I have no idea if there are any more. If there are, are they worth logging in for/do you unlock exclusives by doing it?

Cameron Star
  • Cameron Star

Rock my socks.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

Minigames? I only know about some videos. If you watch all six you get an exclusive helmet. I think there are only three or four so far.

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:34 PM

Oh yes sorry. I think they were just videos thinking back on it. I guess I'll watch them then for that helmet.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:45 PM

We are getting a "cinematic trailer" tomorrow, I might check it out to see what it's working with and just out of pure curiosity.
  • Queen and dante財閥 like this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:06 PM

Nice! Can't wait!! :D

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:41 PM Edited by deadx23, 26 January 2017 - 03:43 PM.

Waiting for the trailer!!! :D

Idk which system to get it, I want the 4k (PC) but I want to play it on ps4 (don't have the pro)

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

I'd feel a lot more confident just watching an uninterrupted stream of game play footage, if they don't end up doing the tech test. 

Why? Surely that's just going to ruin the experience of playing it for the first time when you get your hands on it? Stay away from pre-release streams and just wait for the game!

It was so much easier when a game was announced, released and then you got to play the fun game of gambling on whether or not to purchase it based on a single review. Now, people only feel equipped to purchase if they've had constant dev updates, constant videos, constant interviews, hand holding and reassurance from the devs. 

And what does that get us? 

No Man's Sky. That what that gets us. A game that no matter how much coverage it got, never prepared people for the fact that it was unfinished. 

BioWare don't f*ck about. It will be as good as or better than ME1-3. Just trust them. 

And please, everyone, if the ending doesn't meet your expectations, suck it the f*ck up and accept it for what it is. 

• DOOM! and dante財閥 like this

Joemoetoe
  • Joemoetoe

Champion of the Amazons

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:20 PM

I liked exploring planets in 1
  • Cameron Star likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

tango down y'all

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

Apart from the famous sjw-pandering service, what else can I expect from this game?

Custom protagonist: Already know. That's why I'm interested.
Laser pew-pew
Vehicles
Earth animal-looking aliens

What else? Badass outfit? Good gun fight without bulletsponge? How's the multiplayer like? Story co-op or separate?

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:24 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 26 January 2017 - 06:26 PM.

since no one posted the trailer

edit

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

• Cameron Star likes this

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:29 PM Edited by deadx23, 26 January 2017 - 06:29 PM.

^^^ Nice, I was waiting for someone to post it :lol:

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

BioWare don't f*ck about. It will be as good as or better than ME1-3. Just trust them. 

And please, everyone, if the ending doesn't meet your expectations, suck it the f*ck up and accept it for what it is. 

exactly. say what you want about ME3 ending but that is probably one of the best games ive played.

• Fuzzknuckles and Cameron Star like this

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:58 PM

So I really enjoyed the trailer, it feels very different to the old ME's but in a good way. I really do get this rookie vibe, and I feel like I'm itching to discover every inch of this galaxy. Some people seem underwhelmed though. What do you guys think?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users