Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:29 AM

Half an hour to go!

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:45 AM

45 mins to dl left smh hurry up already!!!!!

• Diani The Otter likes this

Joemoetoe
  • Joemoetoe

Champion of the Amazons

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:07 AM

• Moth, Sunrise Driver and ΣΓ like this

Diani The Otter
  • Diani The Otter

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:23 AM

That Korgans voice! He's so faaaaabulous LMAO

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:41 AM Edited by JZFB, 21 March 2017 - 07:41 AM.

Honestly I'm just surprised that it's 2017 and some people still even care about what Gamespot, IGN et al put out in terms of reviews.

I've heard about all the reviews, but as long as it feels like a mass effect game then that's good enough for me.

I'm with you on this.

• Fuzzknuckles and Static like this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:07 AM

I'm enjoying the game so far, but is anyone else wish the character creation was more flushed out? It feels kind of shallow imo. Still managed to make a decent looking Ryder though, so I can't really complain all that much lol.

• Gay Tony likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:20 AM Edited by fashion, 21 March 2017 - 11:21 AM.

I might add, as much as I like exploring in video games, this shouldn't be the number one strength point in a ME game. I enjoyed the semi-linear experiences with branching storylines and awesome companions. Characters, dialogue, plot and lore should be the storngest point here. I'd rather have a deep ME title with less exploration than.. this.

It's as if they put their everything into gameplay and not enough into the story. I wish they would've delayed this title instead of rush it out the door, hoping a handful of trailers and the ME title would do the job.
  • WHAT!? likes this

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:27 AM Edited by Mukkus, 21 March 2017 - 11:35 AM.

heh. I'm just 8 hrs into the first one,and I'm looking forward to the rest. I'm assuming the often useless squad AI  has  improved. Things such as them shooting into walls, if at all. Having to let mobs get close enough for them to almost punch me to get an accurate shot. Oh well. 1-3 were free, so I can't complain... Too many pros about this series to let the first one discourage me

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:47 AM

http://thisgengaming...ing-conditions/

• Niobium likes this

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

The character create is so SAD I'm waiting for Trump to tweet about it.

• WHAT!? and The Yokel like this

JonnyVercetti
  • JonnyVercetti

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

Just downloading the update file then ready to go!

Just read that this is the lowest rated Mass Effect game... but i f*cking loved the other ones so I can't miss out.

Not expecting to be blown away, but it's more mass effect!
  • Fallcreek likes this

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

I watched a couple of videos on YouTube, and both dialogue and acting is awkward as f*ck - haha! Don't get me started at animations, and glitches. I never played any of the Mass Effect games, I'm actually considering to buy the trilogy for my PS3, but it's so sad to see EA killing yet another great franchise.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:58 PM Edited by Zello, 21 March 2017 - 06:58 PM.

I'm installing it right now I'm gonna play with Scott but gonna try my luck with the character creator I'm not a fan of his default appearance.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

Apparently that source isn't entirely solid, but call me naive if you want because I wouldn't be one bit surprised if all of that sh*t is true.

Something definitely went wrong during development.

I'm gonna start this with saying I haven't played the game for one second, but online footage was quite enough for me to gather a general opinion.

This whole game is a mess.

I'll start with the story since it's arguably the most integral part of anything Mass Effect related - it's meh. I didn't dig through all of it, but so far, it feels very generic, and that should tell you a lot.

I'm still on the fence with the characters, but I wouldn't say they're bad. It's just probably me being used to having old names still circle in my head, blocking out the new ones. I'm sure that with time, I'll warm up to them, but so far, I've got nothing good or bad to say.

Then comes the animation. Woo boy, is it a f*cking mess.

Bioware was never good when it came to animation. Literally any game they made had average animation at best, but it was more than good enough. The bugs were present in their older games as well, but with Andromeda, it's just too much. There's just tens and tens of videos, gifs, images and a sh*tload more proof that something had to go wrong in this department. Look at Bethesda - they've got nothing to talk about when it comes to animations. But at the very least, they do a fair job at it (apart from a few instances, most notable for me being Skyrim where some females walk like they're bodybuilders, looking at you Lydia).

This is 2017 - I don't expect them to break out with animations that match up to something like Arkham Knight, GTA or Uncharted. But I doubt I'm in the wrong if I say that ME 2/3 are better to look at. Andromeda is literally an eye-sore for me.

What does seem to be very solid is gameplay, though I haven't touched the game at all, so I'm not going to say anything about that part.

I never had any huge expectations really, and I tried my best to stay positive about this game for the past few weeks, despite the clues of such bull-sh*ttery being alreayd present in pre-release footage and trailers. Guess I was wrong in the end.

Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:30 PM Edited by Candy_Licker, 21 March 2017 - 08:30 PM.

CDPR is a lucky deviation in the current industry. Meanwhile BioWare got the EA kiss of death and turned into their dedicated RPG division.

Part Joss Whedon and part cringe-on-purpose.

Yeah. This really isn't for everyone. I chuckled a lot though. There's lot of genuinely funny quips and gags there that really endear you to the characters, in ME's grand tradition of drunk Tali and singing Mordin and quirky Legion etc. I'm a degenerate who likes this kind of humor, I guess.

The difference, I suppose, is that Mordin had a lot of depth beyond being a wacky salarian scientist. Whether MEA's crew lives up to that, that will only be answered with a full playthrough. I already gave up on Peebee though, I doubt they can do anything to redeem her.

Bioware certainly isn't to be envied :lol:

C7UBPdAW4AIIQQI.jpg

About the humor:

I absolutely love Firefly, and I really loved the Citadel dlc, but this here is nothing like it. It just lacks the style/quality. It's obvious they tried to surpass their citadel style, but it  backfired imo. There's a fine line between quirky humor and silly, ME:A looks to be the latter one for me.

• Sunrise Driver likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:19 PM Edited by Queen, 21 March 2017 - 09:20 PM.

Just got home with Andromeda. I've only just loaded it and I'm already in love with the music score. It sounds gorgeous. I need to find out if and when they'll release the soundtrack.

JonnyVercetti
  • JonnyVercetti

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:23 PM

I've played about 3-4 hours so far.

I think it's great! The animations are bad yes, but i'm having a blast so far. The combat is great, the graphics are great, and I really like exploring the planets. Seems like there's loads of things to do and to discover.

Not too keen on the cover system though, wish they stuck to stick to cover. Sometimes when you are taking cover then move slightly you will come out of it and get shot. There are a lot of skills to unlock and choose from, it's quite hard actually to pick, I think there is too much choice, wish they made them class specific instead of just letting you have all of them.

A few minor pop ins with NPC's and jumping with the jet pack can get you stuck in places between objects and stuff but guess it takes awhile to get used to.

Also it is quite challenging, I'm playing on normal and i've died twice already. Very rare.

Honestly if you like mass effect or these type of games, you will enjoy it! It's been hit hard by reviews and critics, but maybe we are all just too picky these days, we've been spoilt by witcher 3 haha.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

I really liked the father why couldn't he be the protagonist

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:37 PM

Reading through people's experiences it seems that despite the games flaws (which should not be overlooked, some of the stuff is really questionable) it's still a lot of fun to play, which in the end is what actually matters in my opinion. 

Also Bioware is in full on patch mode at the moment. I just read patch 1.04 dropped which fixed quite some issues. 

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

Been playing about 6 hours so far on PS4 Pro and havent had any issues. Im really enjoying it a lot so far

Joemoetoe
  • Joemoetoe

Champion of the Amazons

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:08 AM Edited by Joemoetoe, 22 March 2017 - 01:09 AM.

This is for all the custom character ocd people, it's limited in every option you have to choose from presets and edit their facial options instead of being able to work off and create original face. There is no head shape or nose curve top lip judge height etc just eye position and width, nose size, width, height, depth, eyebrow height and depth, now the lips can be hit or miss since you can adjust thickness. Idk how tuts chick looks in gameplay but in the screen she cute. Makeup options r ok

Gonna be a lot of restarting

DLWkOmor.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/n...b&fidelity=high
  • Fuzzknuckles likes this

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:17 AM

After a crap shoot with the character create, I'm finally starting the actual game.

8bdRDf5.jpg

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:45 AM

I'm really enjoying the game so far. I'm about four hours into it.

Loved it when you see your first Krogan. I'm like, "All right, glad to see these tough brutes are back!" And then it turns around and has the most feminine voice imaginable. :lol: 

At first I thought we were getting our first gay Krogan, but it turns out she's a girl. I actually burst out laughing.

Btw, those character creations look great. I kind of regret I didn't give the character creation more of a chance. I just never trust myself to make a decent looking character.

• Zello likes this

Gremlin Sombra
  • Gremlin Sombra

Life's good when you're Caveria main.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

Character showcase?
Well allow me to chip in
yzYWmuF.jpg

Someone once mentioned the facial feature are too big and when I was making her it really felt like it. I found myself turning everything down just to make her look normal.

Made a male character too. Although I was extremely disssponted by the lack of beards compared to DA:I.
  • Noale likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

I think I'll play for an hour or two just to check it out.. then put the game aside until the patches roll in. Still have a few games to finish.

First time in my entire life I pre ordered a game. Lesson learned.

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:14 PM Edited by Niobium, 22 March 2017 - 05:29 PM.

there is still too much auto-dialogue. it sucks for role-playing, but it also sucks when it causes ryder to automatically give his opinion on a subject without the player input, when it's not an opinion the player agrees with. it makes it feel like ryder is not the player's character.

it also sucks for dialogue in general, as even ryder's personality is not the player's. for example ryder would just crack a joke, when the player wants to roleplay as a serious character, rather than a jokey one. "caffeine did always made me jumpy lol" role-playing my ass.... they just repeated the same mistake with ME3.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:43 PM Edited by deadx23, 22 March 2017 - 09:57 PM.

Ok I haven't bought it yet but I'm going to today after work so do you guys recommend the regular one or the deluxe one ($70 one I think) I don't plan to mp much so are the guns worth the deluxe one?

E: I just realized I should just buy a physical copy to avoid some/most downloading time

Double edit:I bought the last deluxe edition on a store :D glad I got a physical copy,it installed fast.I just didn't know I get a cute pet for my ship <3 that sold me :lol:

Joemoetoe
  • Joemoetoe

Champion of the Amazons

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:10 AM

Oh f*ck you the damn game froze and force closed during late wave apex mission

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:36 AM

Ehhhh I had to use the default Ryder as I can't make a decent girl with out looking like a man xD

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:03 AM

The character models look like straight outta Saints Row. Am I even playing a PS4 game?
I hope the atmosphere will make up for it. Remember Shadow Broker or Omega? I really some for something like this here too. I actually really want to replay the Trilogy now.

Pathfinder stuff is interesting enough to keep me going.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users