Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:18 AM

Mine: Seth Briars 

tumblr_mt2sa7Josw1r6r551o1_1280.jpg

• Payne Killer likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:58 AM

Ricketts

Seth

Marshall Johnson

Jonah

Eli

Bonnie

Jack

Canady117
  • Canady117

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:55 AM

Irish is my favorite character, with Landon Ricketts coming in second and Bonnie at #3. Bonnie is a strong, believable and grounded female character (doesn't seem like many artists can get that type of character right). Ricketts always reminded me of both Sam Elliott and Kurt Russell. Irish is just plain hilarious - his character is just too damn great.

• Payne Killer and The Deadite like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:39 PM

Apart from John/Jack, Bonnie is by far my favourite Character. I hope she makes an appearance in the Red Dead 'Next' Game.

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:49 PM

Apart from John/Jack, Bonnie is by far my favourite Character. I hope she makes an appearance in the Red Dead 'Next' Game.

Like a grandmother. That'd be cool. What if Jack marries her...okay, im losing my mind.

jedijosh920
  • jedijosh920

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:19 PM

Rdr_carnelius_wolfe02.jpg

An NPC that goes by the name of Carnelious Wolfe. He always wants to duel John Marston and he slightly resembles "The Man with No Name" from the Dollars Trilogy.

“Bit of poetic justice - me, Carnelious Wolfe, killin' you in a duel.”

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:48 AM

Cornelius is a bad shooter.

• vnus_dmlo, jedijosh920 and Payne Killer like this

JosephStalin
  • JosephStalin

Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.

• BUSTED!
  • Russia

Posted 08 July 2016 - 02:50 AM Edited by FuckingYokel, 08 July 2016 - 04:38 AM.

TzgwHz1.jpg

YOU f*ckING CHEAT ! f*ckING YANKEE !  :lol:

Legend, anyway few of my favourites 

John

Irish  

Dutch 

Edger Ross

Luisa 

Professor Macdougal 

Captain Da Santa

Landon Ricketts

Nigel West Dickens 

Red Dead had a great cast of lovable Rockstar nutjobs.  :r*:

• jedijosh920 and The Deadite like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

SPANK THAT MONKEY

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:48 PM

I'm not seeing enough love for Nigel West Dickens here.

Either way, is really hard if not impossible to make a list of my favorites without just listing all the characters in the game, i honestly can't even mention a character i dislike.
  • vnus_dmlo and Payne Killer like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:59 AM

Nigel West Dickens

John Marston 

Landon Ricketts

Irish

Seth

Marshall

Bonnie

Abraham Reyes

Professor Macdougal

monkb4skunk
  • monkb4skunk

Have a nice day, motherf*cker

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:13 AM

Marston followed by irish

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

It was never about the money.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:43 AM

John Marston
West Dickens
Irish
Seth
Abraham Reyes
Uncle
Bonnie

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:55 AM

Like a grandmother. That'd be cool. What if Jack marries her...okay, im losing my mind.

You have a very very vivid imagination, you Creep. :p

• CreepShow likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:18 PM

That sly old dog Nigel West Dickens, I enjoyed how he thought that he was a scholar, referencing great works of literature like he wrote them himself. I also like how on his wagon it says West Dickens Elixir, London, New York, New Austin, he was probaly chased out of the first two. The very definition of a bullsh1tter, but an entertaining one

Luisa, I found her naivety a bit grating at first, for someone who is a teacher and seems to be an intellegent person to not see through the thin veneer of patriotism and bluff that is Reyes is surprising. However I find her desire for a better future for the people of Mexico admirable, she has no ulterior motive, just for a better tomorrow, so because of this I've grown to like her.

Nastas, while not one of my favourite characters as he didn't have many apperances he still remains an enigma, I would have liked to hear more of his backstory, maybe have a few missions for him, bring the Native American viewpoint to the fore.
  • Wu-Tang Forever likes this

Achlys
  • Achlys

Property Of ShadowPerson

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:06 PM Edited by SprayPaintedCraniums, 10 August 2016 - 04:06 PM.

Randall Forrester...

"Fella's gotta eat."

Well said, friend, well said...

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Everybody lies. No exceptions.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:08 AM Edited by BenMitchell90, 27 August 2016 - 01:09 AM.

My two favorites are John Marston and Edgar Ross.

John is pretty self-explanatory, he's the perfect protagonist for this kind of game, and probably the best-written protagonist to ever grace a Rockstar story. One thing I really liked about him is that while he has a good set of morals, he still has a dark, ruthless side that proves that the outlaw within isn't entirely dead. Like how he casually threatens to kill West Dickens early on, or late in the game, when he jokes that he'll throw MacDougal to Dutch's gang. Then there's the whole Mexico arc, where he aids the military in some pretty deplorable actions - as long as he gets what he needs, the ends justify the means.

Ross is just a fantastic antagonist, and for my money he's the best one Rockstar's ever done. I think the thing I love most about him is that he's surprisingly three-dimensional. Sure, he's a huge prick, and gives the player every reason to hate him, but it's also easy to see where he's coming from. When he talks about civilizing the West and bringing Dutch to justice, it's hard to argue with what he's talking about. And honestly, at times I found him to be such a prick it's kind of hilarious (kinda like Roy Earle, who's easily my favorite partner in L.A. Noire). Like when he tells John that Abigail was killed in a prison riot and then reveals he was only joking, what a great ba*tard. I also thought he and John had a really good protagonist/antagonist chemistry that provided for some great dialogue. 

I think the only thing I dislike about his character is

Spoiler

As far as honorable mentions go, Bonnie and Abigail are about tied. Considering how Rockstar usually depicts women, I was pleasantly surprised to find that these are two of the strongest written in gaming history. I really loved Marshall Johnson and Landon Ricketts too, just two salty older bada**es whose prior adventures in life could probably make for strong games alone. Dutch Van der Linde was also an amazing antagonist; he didn't have a whole lot of screen time, but they really made it count, and he's a surprisingly deep and even sympathetic character by the end. And as something of a sucker for Native American culture, I also really wish Nastas got more screentime.

• vnus_dmlo, Journey_95, The Deadite and 1 other like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:39 AM

Nigel, Nigel, Nigel. Seth, Jack, Irish. In that order. 

ColePhelps
  • ColePhelps

Browsing the forums since 2004

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:05 AM

Bonnie
Dutch
Marshall Johnson
Ricketts
John
Reyes

Alexlecj
  • Alexlecj

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:25 PM

John Marston

Dutch Van der Linde

Nigel West Dickens

Irish

Bonnie MacFarlane

vnus_dmlo
  • vnus_dmlo

Player 2

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

herbert moon

that guy ran a tight shop at the armadillo general store and was just the best all round shop keeper you could ask for, he had a rigid moral code and ran his life accordingly and was never afraid or embarrassed to ask for help when he needed it, proudly and self assuredly proclaiming "HELP MEEE, IM HERBERT MOOOOON!" when in a pickle

aside from the herb theres also every other character in the game because theyre all great, i did especially like dutch and his philosophy and stature, by the end of the game he's almost this mythical character in what he has accomplished and what he's capable of

to me dutch is the ultimate western character philosophically and the way his death reflects the death of the wild west is really clever and fitting
  • Payne Killer likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users