RDR Backwards Compatible Coming July 8

108 replies to this topic
jedijosh920
  • jedijosh920

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:40 PM

Might be a temporary exclusive, hopefully.

A new Red Dead announcement would be nice.

279ca5004795464ebadf7147857c6dbf.png

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:47 PM

"more details" about this. Probably achievement support, multiplayer, pricetag, etc.

• Crimie Marston likes this

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

gregg rulz ok

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:07 PM Edited by Epic., 05 July 2016 - 10:08 PM.

Interesting how it says more details soon?

Like what other details are there to say?

Maybe about multiplayer, but am curious myself. Sudden announcement.

Hopefully they'll announce that they've fixed the hacker issue.

But Rockstar and hackers don't go well.

Edit:

Incase non-Xbox One players don't know, the game when downloaded runs an emulator of an Xbox 360, so it'll be just the same game, just with the xbox one features like recording clips and taking screenshots.

• Spider-Vice likes this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:11 PM

The 360 version was 720p and PS3 only 640p. If this runs at 1080p we're in for a treat 

Edit:

Incase non-Xbox One players don't know, the game when downloaded runs an emulator of an Xbox 360, so it'll be just the same game, just with the xbox one features like recording clips and taking screenshots.

Doesn't sound good

kBlaise
  • kBlaise

"We're two hombres in a strange town..."

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:11 PM

They fixed the multiplayer multiple times during the past 2+ years but some wanker hacked it everytime afterwards.

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

gregg rulz ok

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:21 PM

The 360 version was 720p and PS3 only 640p. If this runs at 1080p we're in for a treat 

Edit:

Doesn't sound good

The games run better performance wise, so expect stuff like an exact 30fps all the time, and I believe some games get upscaled to 1080p, might be wrong on that. 

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:24 PM

Edit:

I'm just happy I can play it online, when it was accidentally made available a few months ago I hated having to set my console offline to play

otachi
  • otachi

Bring out the gimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:30 PM

I am a PS4 owner, but I wish for X1 players to enjoy their time with the masterpiece. I am a bit happy that Rockstar finally spoke about something other than GTA Online, and I hope to hear about Red Dead 3 soon.

:)

They re-released lots of their games after gta v

jedijosh920
  • jedijosh920

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:48 PM

The hackers are already back online lol, there was some invincibility guy running around with the "GLITCHED" clan tags. I believe his name was "GLITCHED CRAZY".

Veroder
  • Veroder

That guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:12 PM Edited by Veroder, 05 July 2016 - 11:13 PM.

Oh, and to all the PS4 owners: am I the only one with his PS3 still hooked up for amazing titles like this one? I don't wanna be that guy (but I'm gonna), but that's always been the best way of getting "backwards compatibility" in my book. :pp

• RollingTwinTurbo likes this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:14 PM

dammit R*....or more like, FU SONY?!

seriously, this needs to be on PS4 aswell! f*ck this microsoft bullsh*t....

...oh wait, I know a dude who owns both consoles and doesn't even use the x-bone, since it is boring and got no games. I will ask him to give it to me for a few months, then I buy the game and he can have it to keep later.

good deal, right? or: "R*ONY" simply make it happen and stop f*cking around, that'd be another even greater possibility.

Your username checks out.

Just for keks: I own both a PS4 (since launch) and Xbox One since April. PS4 has been collecting dust for nearly a year. XBO gets used semi-regularly. It's all preference. Don't start this childish BS m8. 

oh come on dude. not looking for console wars. Don't be so quick to a) feel offended and/or b) take it personal. I simply rephrased what that dude said himself, he doesn't feel like there's good games out there, and that he was kind of bored with what he played. you should not judge a book by its cover (or read into internet usernames and avatars etc.) because that is childish.

now "kek" on

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:20 PM

I'm not offended m8. What part of my post looked serious to you? If you think an internet post about consoles offends me or is something I take personally then LOL.

Back on topic: I own RDR both on 360 and PS3. However; got rid of both consoles so I am a bit tempted to grab this for XBO. It's something to consider but I wonder if I will actually end up playing it. Doubtful. It would be great if July 8 they also announced the next RD but I doubt it will happen and I don't think we should get our hopes up. As Spider pointed out, they state "more details on this". So it will likely just be about BC RDR and nothing more.

Feelsbadman.jpg

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:27 PM

Any chances of BC on PS4?

Ain't gonna happen. The PS4 can't run PS3 games natively because the architecture of the system is completely different. The only other option would be emulation, but as far as we know the PS4 simply isn't powerfull enough to emulate a PS3 properly.

Good news for Xbox One owners though. :lol:

More like, they don't want to because they have PS Now. Which is subscription based. :^:

Which is why I can't stand Sony. They suck. lol

They took their time releasing It for backwards compatability but Playstation need to sort their sh*t out and let us play PS3 games on the PS4..

It may come to PS Now. That's the best anyone could hope for.

Isn't PS Now only available in USA?

Nah, it's out in multiple countries.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:28 PM Edited by GourangaMaster, 05 July 2016 - 11:28 PM.

FFS this better be a timed exclusive. Only reason i keep my ps3 around was to play this game and it would be nice to fuc it off and just play it on the ps4. Meanwhile R* throws ps4 owners a bone with warriors. As much as i love the warriors, i need RDR.

Veroder
  • Veroder

That guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:45 PM Edited by Veroder, 05 July 2016 - 11:45 PM.

Any chances of BC on PS4?

Ain't gonna happen. The PS4 can't run PS3 games natively because the architecture of the system is completely different. The only other option would be emulation, but as far as we know the PS4 simply isn't powerfull enough to emulate a PS3 properly.

Good news for Xbox One owners though. :lol:

More like, they don't want to because they have PS Now. Which is subscription based. :^:

Which is why I can't stand Sony. They suck. lol

I doubt it, it seems like they're just kinda testing the waters with PS Now for... Now...

2408643-1915157027-mothe.jpg

It's also only available in North America for no... At the moment.

Baked English Beans
  • Baked English Beans

[Insert cheeky line here]

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:14 AM

Darn PS4, luckily I've kept my 360. Actually I just remembered I don't own the GOTY, I might see if I can find a copy just for hardcore mode and the Walton Gang outfit

kBlaise
  • kBlaise

"We're two hombres in a strange town..."

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:47 AM

FFS this better be a timed exclusive. Only reason i keep my ps3 around was to play this game and it would be nice to fuc it off and just play it on the ps4. Meanwhile R* throws ps4 owners a bone with warriors. As much as i love the warriors, i need RDR.

It's not a "timed exclusive". There's no equivalent of Microsoft's backward compatibility program on Sony's side so you should keep your PS3, that's it.

• Canady117 likes this

azonicrider
  • azonicrider

oregano lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:02 AM

I may like Sony, but backwards-compatibilty is the worse thing about their consoles in recent years. They didn't even make the PS4 compatible with PS2 discs, even though it was 100% possible.

bulldog385
  • bulldog385

Truck Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:36 AM

Finally, Ive been looking for a reason lately to take a break from playing GTAO for awhile.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:02 AM

This is why I have a PS3/PS4 and 360/XB1. Covers all the bases. Great news though. Hopefully GTA IV is next.:)

• 018361, Android and bulldog385 like this

Crystal3lf
  • Crystal3lf

( ͡ ͜°ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:38 AM Edited by Crystal3lf, 06 July 2016 - 04:11 AM.

Not to get anyone's hopes up, neither mine, but given this was leaked last year in a completely stable state (after all it's just backwards compatible) and then pulled off Xbox Store for months up until now might tell us there might be something else Red Dead related coming in the next few days/weeks... Weird timing when they could've released this AGES ago.

There was a public poll on the Microsoft/Xbox website where you could vote for a game you wanted to see return as backward compatible; RDR was one of, if not the highest voted for game. Doesn't mean Rockstar are planning anything.

Anyway. Hoping this might come to PC too, as Microsoft just announced all new titles are coming to PC in the Windows Store. True potential of this game must been seen.

azonicrider
  • azonicrider

oregano lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:08 AM

Not to get anyone's hopes up, neither mine, but given this was leaked last year in a completely stable state (after all it's just backwards compatible) and then pulled off Xbox Store for months up until now might tell us there might be something else Red Dead related coming in the next few days/weeks... Weird timing when they could've released this AGES ago.

There was a public poll on the Microsoft/Xbox website where you could vote for a game you wanted to see return as backward compatible; RDR was one of, if not the highest voted for game. Doesn't mean Rockstar are planning anything.

Anyway. Hoping this might come to PC too, as Microsoft just announced all new titles are coming to PC in the Windows Store. True potential of this game must been seen.

Yea any game is worthless if it doesn't have a PC port

Wallykid
  • Wallykid

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:39 AM Edited by Wallykid, 06 July 2016 - 10:40 AM.

I hate when some say "if you wanted to play this game you should have kept your old console" Ok guys, in my country where one PS4/XboxOne costs 800 bucks with average salary of 500 bucks is not so easy to buy consoles so i didn't had the chance to keep my PS3.... this is irrelevant but needed to be said. SONY wtf  are you waiting for ?? Make something for god sake. 

PS: Now that Windows 10 and XboxOne are like one will we have a chance playing xbox360 games on PC or its impossible because they are not built for PC's ?

FriendlyFireOFF
  • FriendlyFireOFF

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:23 AM

Damnit, I want this on the PS4.

Don't worry RDR 3 will be a PS4 exclusive....R* are simply trying to minimize the blow to Xbox owners :lol:

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:14 PM

That's not exactly how the program works.  Games that are playable interchangeably between the XB1 and PC have to be developed that way, thus any games that were previously released don't benefit from the program.  An example of this is Rise of the Tomb Raider.

In other words, you can't play Xbox 360 games on PC.

• Android likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:38 PM

Might be a temporary exclusive, hopefully.

Like an inverse to the GTA Series? Could be likely.

Anyway, I still have my PS3 Copy. Good for you guys though.

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

"Hell yeah!"

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:43 PM

Damnit, I want this on the PS4.

Don't worry RDR 3 will be a PS4 exclusive....R* are simply trying to minimize the blow to Xbox owners :lol:

Dreamers...

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

gregg rulz ok

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:37 PM

Turns out the Artwork was previously seen, just not officially released. You can see that Variation of Marston on the Social Club Avatar page.

p3Kw4IT.png

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Homie

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:28 PM

Turns out the Artwork was previously seen, just not officially released. You can see that Variation of Marston on the Social Club Avatar page.

p3Kw4IT.png

Hm, ok ... but hopefully we get a proper HD version this time.

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

"Hell yeah!"

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:03 PM

These folks are quick!

• ROCKSTAR MANIC, Noclue_42, Android and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users