Photo

GTA TLaD Special Vehicle Guide

149 replies to this topic
Ghost Ryder
  • Ghost Ryder

cam

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:03 PM Edited by Mrpatric101, 25 December 2016 - 03:04 PM.

I finished my IV Save, but after seeing your post I might restart it one of these days. Can't live with that extra attempt and failure :p

Yep, I got EFLC. I finished my TLaD save just three days ago, actually. I'll post my collection later on.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:11 PM

To 100%?  Or do you just do the Story and Vehicles and call it a day?  I never do this.  It's always @ 100% Completion, Minimum Stats, and all the Special Vehicles...

Idk if it's just my Version, though.  I never update, play on PS3, and bought it on release date back in 2008, so it's V1...

Nice!  I am done with HD Era for several months now while I work on redoing some stuff for the 3D Era.  For now, doing an SA Save with 69 Special Vehicles...Then gonna redo some Starter Saves for VC, SA, and LCS and some 100% Saves possibly for VC, SA, LCS, and VCS, but we'll see...

Ghost Ryder
  • Ghost Ryder

cam

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:22 PM Edited by Mrpatric101, 25 December 2016 - 04:01 PM.

TLaD is done to 100%, but I only completed the story with IV. Would've gone for 100%, but I figured it wasn't worth it with the extra attempt, so I left it at that. I WILL restart it, not anytime soon though. Maybe early 2017, idk.

When I did ToD, the Stockade was normal on the cutscene in front of the police station, but it had the BP Mesh when I had to actually take it. Definitely the same across all platforms.

I'll edit this post soon with my TLaD collection + photos.

Broker: Unique Roman's Taxi, Lustered Russian Schafter with Silver Grille (Brown Luster)

Bohan: Unique Regina, Unique EC/Lustered Laundromat (Purple Luster)

Algonquin: Unique EC Infernus, EC White PMP-600 with Hybrid Grille

Playboy X: EC Turismo, NE Dukes

Alderney: Unique Prison Bus, Unique EC Yankee

The Lost MC: EC Black Diabolus, EC Zombie with Black Trimmed Rims

Brian's: EC Wolfsbane, EC Nightblade

Pictures:

Spoiler

Unfortunately EFLC TLaD on PC doesn't seem to include Luis' safehouse, otherwise I'd save the Lustered Stretch and EC Cognoscenti there.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:36 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 25 December 2016 - 06:14 PM.

Yeah, true.  It was my second time through IV, both times 100%, but it's a long and tiring game, that's for sure.  If you mess something up, it's basically not worth it to get 100%.  It helps to also have the 11.95% Starter Save done in IV.  Having the 16.06% Starter Save done in TLaD also makes it go so quick that it only takes all of 3 days to finish a Save for TLaD to 100% and Minimum Stats + 16 Special Vehicles.

Yeah, not sure what Lancet Jades is talking about, then.  He's the only one who says it has no BP Mesh, but I clearly show with a Photo that it does and have ZERO Failures...

Nice!  Can't wait to see the Photos! :D :p

EDIT: Nice Photos! :D :p  When you say Brown and Purple Luster, etc, those don't exist and the way you have the camera angle and the sunlight reflecting off the Lustered Vehicles is very hard for me to tell which Luster it is.  In terms of Lusters, and again, this is going off what Lancet Jades says, the only ones that exist are: Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, Red, and Yellow.  The Laundromat, I never saw it Purple.  Only Orange, Blue, and Red...

Ghost Ryder
  • Ghost Ryder

cam

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 25 December 2016 - 07:53 PM

I was curious what the Schafter's Luster was as it seems to be yellow-ish, but it was hard to see at any point of the day. So I downloaded a save editor and according to it, the Schafter had a Brown-something Luster. I also checked the Laundromat while I was at it, and it's Strawberry Poly or something.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2016 - 08:56 PM

Hazard's Save Editor?  It's useful for GTA V determining what is special, but his new IV, TLaD, and TBoGT Save Editor is probably great in determining the EC's in IV as well as the Special Lusters.  Things that we know NOW could be WRONG in terms of special or not.  So it's nice to see what the REAL COLORS are.  Let me know...

Ghost Ryder
  • Ghost Ryder

cam

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

Found these screenshots I took from my save and thought I'd share them here because why not.

Spoiler

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:23 PM

In my very first ever TLaD Save, I liked the Black/Orange Slamvan the most, but then started to keep the Blue/White one, however, both are equally as Rare.  I've seen both 50/50 unlike NEVER seeing a single Black/Orange or Blue/White Gang Burrito.

I saw the Mule with Missing Side Panels once, and also posted a Photo of it in the Topic a few pages back.  I plan to get it in the 2nd TLaD Save, but won't get back to the HD Era until this Summer since I have tons to still do in the 3D Era...

robt91
  • robt91

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:49 AM Edited by robt91, 13 May 2017 - 10:41 AM.

Here is my list of Unique vehicles in TLaD, will edit when I have more vehicles and pictures
Lost Clubhouse-Magenta Diabolus (2nd of 2), Black Yankee (redesign)
Brian's-Black Diabolus, Crimson Diabolus (5th of 5)
Broker-Lustered Black Schafter w/ silver grill (hard to pinpoint luster), Roman's Taxi
Bohan-Regina, Orange Double T Custom
Algonquin-Prison Bus (1st of 2), Sky Blue Rhapsody
Luis' Apartment-White "Mafia" PMP 600 w/ hybrid grill

Playboy X-Green and Yellow Bati 800, Zombie w/ black-rimmed tires
Alderney-Light Blue Habanero, Bright Red Cognoscenti

TLaD is done to 100%, but I only completed the story with IV. Would've gone for 100%, but I figured it wasn't worth it with the extra attempt, so I left it at that. I WILL restart it, not anytime soon though. Maybe early 2017, idk.

When I did ToD, the Stockade was normal on the cutscene in front of the police station, but it had the BP Mesh when I had to actually take it. Definitely the same across all platforms.

I'll edit this post soon with my TLaD collection + photos.

Broker: Unique Roman's Taxi, Lustered Russian Schafter with Silver Grille (Brown Luster)
Bohan: Unique Regina, Unique EC/Lustered Laundromat (Purple Luster)
Algonquin: Unique EC Infernus, EC White PMP-600 with Hybrid Grille
Playboy X: EC Turismo, NE Dukes
Alderney: Unique Prison Bus, Unique EC Yankee
The Lost MC: EC Black Diabolus, EC Zombie with Black Trimmed Rims
Brian's: EC Wolfsbane, EC Nightblade

Pictures:

Spoiler

Unfortunately EFLC TLaD on PC doesn't seem to include Luis' safehouse, otherwise I'd save the Lustered Stretch and EC Cognoscenti there.

I had the Gang Burrito, Orange Double T Custom and the Red Wolfsbane parked in Luis's parking space at different times and the Bright Orange Infernus with black side stripe at Roman's Broker Apartment but they disappeared for some reason. Which was annoying as they took awhile to steal

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

If you try and park 3 Vehicles in a parking spot, at BEST they will remain there only for the duration of your game until you save and reload.  Upon reloading, 1 of the 3 will disappear since the max capacity is only 2 Vehicles no matter the size in each parking space.

Nice to see a new face in the Guide, though.  Not much traffic for the HD Era Special Vehicles compared to the 3D Era Special Vehicles in my Guides.

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:34 PM Edited by lol232, 18 July 2017 - 05:35 PM.

The red Turismo in Dave Grossman's random encounter has the same color as the one which spawns on streets, however, it has a different luster, as the luster of the one in mission is cabaret red, whereas the one which spawns on the streets has a taxi yellow luster.

DqsV4o9.jpg

The one from the streets is on the left.
  • MorsPrincipiumEst, NOskillx and SpriteFan274 like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:42 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 18 July 2017 - 05:51 PM.

Thanks for posting this!  It's good to see people confirm/deny what is special or not in the HD Era as a lot of things are still unknown and only can use educated guesses up until this point where we can use a Save Editor to view the Colors and such to see what's different about the supposed known Special Vehicles.

This confirms it's a "Lustered Red Turismo" rather than an "EC Red Turismo."  The Red is NOT special.  Only the Luster in this case!

Also, these are the 2 Save Files and the 16 Special Vehicles in EACH that I will be obtaining.  I will start TLaD in a couple months from now.

TLaD 1st Save File Special Vehicles:

EC Diabolus, Lustered Schafter with Silver Grill, EC Rhapsody, Unique Regina, Lustered Stretch, EC Mafia PMP 600 with Hybrid Grill, Unique/EC/Lustered Laundromat, Unique Prison Bus, Lustered Turismo, EC Bati 800, EC Wolfsbane, EC Nightblade, EC Huntley Sport, Unique/EC Infernus, EC Habanero, EC Cognoscenti

TLaD 2nd Save File Special Vehicles:

EC Diabolus, EC Yankee (Unique Variation), EC Diabolus, Unique Roman's Taxi, EC Zombie, EC Mafia PMP 600 with Hybrid Grill, NE Dukes, EC Gang Burrito, EC Slamvan, EC Comet, EC Futo, EC Hakumai, NE Mule, EC Hybrid Packer, Lustered Sentinel, Lustered PMP 600

The 1st Save is slightly different than what I originally have.  I want it to have ZERO Mission Failures unlike the ONE I currently have.  I also have a fake EC Black Oracle in the 1st Save, as well, thus I won't be ever obtaining it again.  The 1st Save has 16 one time only Special Vehicles and none cost Failures in the Stats.  The 2nd Save only has 7 one time only Special Vehicles, while the other 9 are Rare Drug War Vehicles to fill the remaining space to get 16 in total.

• lol232 and SpriteFan274 like this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

"Did you turn up to rescue Maria, or to get me back?"

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Hey, does anyone know if the bikes from Angus' Bike Thefts are UC? Because I'm riding on a sweet dark green Hellfury right now.

SpriteFan274
  • SpriteFan274

Player

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

I'm pretty sure the Bikes have randomized Traffic Colors in the Angus' Bike Thefts. I don't know, but from seeing Walkthroughs of those Side Missions I can assume that the Colors are randomized.

If anyone can confirm it, let us know.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Yeah, I am pretty sure they are just randomized as well.  I've also checked Walkthroughs back when I was new to TLaD and saw that the Bikes all change Colors every time you redo the Missions and such...

• SpriteFan274 likes this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted A week ago Edited by lol232, A week ago.

Just got the Prison Bus alongside the black Laundromat (with red luster).

Man, it was a bitch, one of them would sometimes disappear, cops would sometimes come, I'd lose the bike sometimes, it was a bullsh*t. Still, acquiring them was fun.
  • MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 6 days ago.

I must of been lucky since I got both of them first try and took about 20 minutes or so in total...That is, 20 minutes for pushing, not counting the time it took to get out of the Prison, fetch the Fire Truck and start pushing both the Vehicles out into the road with that annoying alarm in the Prison driving me crazy! :D :p

When you say disappear, do you mean when pushing them back to Brian's Safehouse or do you mean disappear AT the Safehouse once the Mission was passed?  I never got a Wanted Level when doing this task, either, but I am sure I got lucky.  Son Of Morph said he even had the Laundromat or something catch on fire and had to use the Fire Truck's Water Hose to put it out, lol...This also never happened to me.  I took my time, was gentle, always keeping camera on both Vehicles, etc, etc.  Johnny's Hexer disappeared?  Seriously?  One time, before the Fire Truck Method was known, just for sh*ts and giggles, I tried pushing the Laundromat ONLY back to Brian's and pass the Mission and in the process, I failed the Mission.  How?  It literally said in Red Letters that one of the Gang Members "wrecked their Bike."  How?  By crashing into the Vehicles over and over as I pushed them.  So yeah, a lot can go wrong obtaining these, but it's certainly an awesome task and when you succeed it feels great.  Like you said in PM, this certainly is the hardest task in the entire IV Trilogy Games...

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Hey, do any of you guys know if you must drive to the contact's location during 'Communication Breakdown' to obtain the Glitched Dukes? Because every time I taxi it, it always has the scoop. Any suggestions?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Well, as always, when it comes to GTA, I like to keep certain Stats to a minimum and "Taxis Hailed" Stat as well as anything else to do with Taxis like how many you taken to a location, is something I don't do.  To keep all of these Stats to remain at 0, I don't use Taxis to get around the map "faster."  I drive every where.  Every time I drive to the Dukes during this Mission, it doesn't have the Hood Scoop.  It sometimes does, but you just reload if that is the case.  I am not sure if a Taxi Ride forces it to spawn WITH IT 100% OF THE TIME or not, but I know for certain if you just drive there, it can easily be NE.  I've seen it a handful of times now, but never was interested in getting it.  But when I start TLaD in about 2-3 weeks from now, I am doing two 100% Saves and getting EVERYTHING in this game once and for all and finalizing my work with TLaD, so I will be getting it in a few weeks...

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Well, as always, when it comes to GTA, I like to keep certain Stats to a minimum and "Taxis Hailed" Stat as well as anything else to do with Taxis like how many you taken to a location, is something I don't do.  To keep all of these Stats to remain at 0, I don't use Taxis to get around the map "faster."  I drive every where.  Every time I drive to the Dukes during this Mission, it doesn't have the Hood Scoop.  It sometimes does, but you just reload if that is the case.  I am not sure if a Taxi Ride forces it to spawn WITH IT 100% OF THE TIME or not, but I know for certain if you just drive there, it can easily be NE.  I've seen it a handful of times now, but never was interested in getting it.  But when I start TLaD in about 2-3 weeks from now, I am doing two 100% Saves and getting EVERYTHING in this game once and for all and finalizing my work with TLaD, so I will be getting it in a few weeks...

1. What does NE stand for? No Engine? If that's the case, it technically does still have an engine.

2. I just tried driving their a couple times, and you know what spawns? It's kind of funny actually, not the No Scoop Dukes, but the Dukes that spawns with no scoop! The one that spawns on the streets. Obviously this isn't the one, since the real one has a clear hole in the hood.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 2 days ago.

NE means No Extra.  It's missing "extra" Parts, like this Hood Scoop.  NE Taxi, missing a Light, NE NRG-500, missing Engine and exhausts, etc, etc.  NE always means No Extra.

Yeah, the NE Dukes will have a "hole" where the Hood Scoop should be and look usual...

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Ne means No Extra.  It's missing "extra" Parts, like this Hood Scoop.  NE Taxi, missing a Light, NE NRG-500, missing Engine and exhausts, etc, etc.  NE always means No Extra.

Yeah, the NE Dukes will have a "hole" where the Hood Scoop should be and look usual...

Ok Thanks. Any suggestions on getting the NE Dukes? Or do I have to stick it out and keep reloading like the guide says? Also how do you known which TLAD versions allow you to store cars in Luis' spot? I have the Complete Edition on PS3.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Yeah, just keep reloading and driving to the Dukes.  Eventually it's NE.  Nothing enhances the occurrence.  It's either NE or not.  Just reload until it happens.

I have Episodes from Liberty City (TLaD and TBoGT on the same Disc, without IV as I have IV separately) and my Version can store 16 in TLaD/TBoGT each.  So I'd only imagine the Complete Edition, which is even NEWER should be able to store 16 in TLaD/TBoGT as well...

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago Edited by RedDagger, 2 days ago. merged double post

Yeah, just keep reloading and driving to the Dukes.  Eventually it's NE.  Nothing enhances the occurrence.  It's either NE or not.  Just reload until it happens.

I have Episodes from Liberty City (TLaD and TBoGT on the same Disc, without IV as I have IV separately) and my Version can store 16 in TLaD/TBoGT each.  So I'd only imagine the Complete Edition, which is even NEWER should be able to store 16 in TLaD/TBoGT as well...

Meaning...you can store cars in Luis' spot in the Complete Edition?

:)
http://imgur.com/lSEVcjZ

Was jut wondering, can the NE Dukes spawn in the Highway Reaper variation?

Yerdna555
  • Yerdna555

Collector of special vehicles

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 days ago

16 parking lots in TLaD is possible only on consoles?

There is no such version on the PC, right?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 2 days ago.

Try it out and see for yourself Claude...But The Complete Edition should have Luis' Parking Spaces to use, unless if you're playing PC, which apparently doesn't have them, lol...I can't confirm, though.  Anyone on PC can easily park something there and see if it remains...All these Parking Spaces are available from the start of a New Game and all the way through...

No idea about the NE Dukes...All I know is it's NE and how to get it...

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

Try it out and see for yourself Claude...But The Complete Edition should have Luis' Parking Spaces to use, unless if you're playing PC, which apparently doesn't have them, lol...I can't confirm, though.  Anyone on PC can easily park something there and see if it remains...All these Parking Spaces are available from the start of a New Game and all the way through...

No idea about the NE Dukes...All I know is it's NE and how to get it...

The only reason I haven't checked for myself is because I don't know where his parking spot is, as I have not started my TBOGT play though.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Ah, I see, well it's literally a block away from where Playboy X's Penthouse is in Algonquin.  So close, that you can run on foot between the 2 Parking Spaces in all of 10-15 Seconds, literally...If it's available, you should see the Yellow Block saying "Reserved Parking Only" or something like the rest of them...

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

Ah, I see, well it's literally a block away from where Playboy X's Penthouse is in Algonquin.  So close, that you can run on foot between the 2 Parking Spaces in all of 10-15 Seconds, literally...If it's available, you should see the Yellow Block saying "Reserved Parking Only" or something like the rest of them...

OK I'll try that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users