Photo

GTA TLaD Special Vehicle Guide

222 replies to this topic
Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:19 PM Edited by Son Of Morph, 08 November 2016 - 09:28 PM.

I always assumed it always had a Luster to it and always Gold and no other Colored Luster.  I've got it on an old Save and my current Save and it was always Gold Lustered..

Never mind. Turned off the noise effect and now I can see the gold luster. 

So for 'Get Lost' you have to watch both of the vehicles whilst pushing them and occasionally hop onto the Hexer to move Terry and Clay with you?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:04 PM

I did TLaD three times in total now to 100% and with Special Vehicles and the first two times were with Noise Effect ON as I never knew you could even turn it off or what it meant until I saw a Topic about it in one of these Sections on the Forum.  But on this current playthrough, I had it OFF.  However, with it ON or OFF, I am still able to see the Gold Luster.  It's still rather dull of a Luster, though.  Nevertheless, Special.

Yeah, that's exactly right.  You need to be at the game's mercy to spawn something large initially when you come out of the Prison whilst leaving the Hexer INSIDE the Prison.  If nothing spawns, you need to reload until it happens.  If, and when it does happen, use it to push both the Unique/EC Black and Lustered Laundromat (Only SOMETIMES Lustered) and Unique Prison Bus out of there and once they are out in the street with your pushing Vehicle, then you can get the Hexer out of there and drive it a bit up the road, park it, get off, run on foot back to the pushing Vehicle and Laundromat/Prison Bus and continue to push.  Eventually when you get far from the Prison, you can then call 911 for a Fire Truck and it should come says Melencholia and use it to push the Vehicles a bit easier.  ALWAYS keep the camera on the pushing Vehicle AND Laundromat/Prison Bus.  You don't want them to disappear.  Tbh, Laundromat is rather easy to obtain alone, but with the Prison Bus, it's a nightmare.  I was able to get 2/3 of the distance, just as a test, with only the Laundromat using a random, small Vehicle that spawned outside of the Prison, until the Mission failed due to Clay or Terry "wrecking their Bike."  Don't ask how it happened, all I know is randomly red letters were on the bottom of my screen saying such a thing and I literally was like WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUKK?!?!?  At that point, I gave up the entire quest and went back to an old Save I last made a backup of and had to re-do more than 50% of the game since I had to start over before "Off Route" where I got the Prison Bus with Mission Failure instead and then in "End of Chapter," I got the Unique Laundromat with Mission Passed.  Only in EoC, the Laundromat isn't EC or Lustered like it is in "Get Lost."

If you try it and fail or succeed, let me know how it goes.  There isn't much information on the Get Lost Vehicles, so it would be nice with all the information you have.  By the way, what Platform are you playing on and what "version?"  Episodes from Liberty City?  Single DLC's?  Complete Edition?  Also what Platform?  PS3?  Xbox360?  PC?

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:55 PM

I bought TLAD on the day it came out today I just found out you could turn the noise off. I am on 360 and I have both the DLCs and the EFLC disc but I was using my GTA IV disc at the time meaning it would be DLC.

I succeeded on getting both the Prison Bus and the Laundromat (With a red luster I believe). I managed to workaround the needing to have a large vehicle spawn on the streets by going to the very south of Latchkey Ave, after killing Billy and leaving the Hexer in the prison I then called a Firetruck in the position previously mentioned and it spawns on the north end of the road heading towards where you called it. Then the tedious part begins. Once you leave the prison the radius of leaving the Hexer behind dramatically decreases by around 50%. Once both rare vehicles are outside the prison gates, you head back on the Hexer and park it halfway down the Street. You then need to use the back of the Firetruck to push the rare vehicles somewhat carefully down the road and then, hop back on the Hexer when the rare vehicles are a about 15 metres ahead of the Hexer. Rinse and repeat until you get to the Safehouse.

I did not know the cops would come after you if you kept bumping into a vehicle. I did not attain any stars whilst doing this and the only problem I encountered was the Laundromat catching fire which was quickly extinguished.

I will try and upload pictures tomorrow (They will be bad quality) of the vehicles at Brian's Safehouse. Unfortunately I used an old save from 2013 and I can't remember what I was doing to have a couple of mission fails so the stats will be useless as evidence, you'll just have to take my word that the prison bus is from 'Get Lost'. 

• MorsPrincipiumEst and SpriteFan274 like this

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:33 PM

Z9sJPuB.jpg

tmcWpSu.jpg

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:59 PM

Absolutely incredible, man!  It makes me want to re-do my TLaD Save now lol

It's possible I re-do it in the future, or more Saves as I mentioned previously.  I just wish I knew what you said and Melancholia said BEFORE attempting these in Get Lost.

It's surely a Red Luster and looks totally sick.  I saw it in Red and Blue, or none at all.

• Son Of Morph likes this

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:08 PM Edited by Son Of Morph, 09 November 2016 - 09:08 PM.

Absolutely incredible, man!  It makes me want to re-do my TLaD Save now lol

It's possible I re-do it in the future, or more Saves as I mentioned previously.  I just wish I knew what you said and Melancholia said BEFORE attempting these in Get Lost.

It's surely a Red Luster and looks totally sick.  I saw it in Red and Blue, or none at all.

Yeah, I'm planning on doing a perfect TLAD save bar 2 mission failures (Roman's Taxi and Flatbed Yankee) and hopefully get a Laundromat with a blue luster this time round.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:15 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 09 November 2016 - 09:16 PM.

Go for it!  It's a short and great game! ;)

I have only 2 Missions Failed in my TLaD Save, too, but it SHOULD only be 1.  The 1 Replay is also from Off Route as you need to Replay the Mission via Text Message so you are teleported away from the Safehouse after blowing the Prison Bus up and failing the Mission.  I wish I got it from Get Lost!

Xv27qkZ.jpg?1

zp9M2MV.jpg?1

My IV and TBoGT Saves are top notch, though:

Spoiler
  • Son Of Morph likes this

COVRA
  • COVRA

The Harwood Butcher!

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:11 PM

What special vehicles are a must in this game? Im doing a special vehicle save in this for the first time...

Also, can you do a starter save on this game?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:22 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 10 November 2016 - 10:53 PM.

Well it all just depends.  If you like easy Special Vehicles, there is plenty.  If you like Special Vehicles that don't require a Mission Failure, there is plenty.  If you like Unique Vehicles, there is plenty.  If you like challenging and time consuming Special Vehicles, there is a couple.  If you like Gang War Vehicles and don't mind reloading constantly to find the ones you are looking for, there is a handful.  Everything in this game is easy to get other than the Unique Prison Bus and Unique/EC Black and Lustered Laundromat from Get Lost, the final Story Mission, and passing the Mission at the same time.  If someone can pull that off, then everything else in TLaD looks like a walk in the park.  But just because most things are easy doesn't mean that you shouldn't go for 100% with Minimum Stats and 16 Special Vehicles.  For my tastes, I like the 16 Special Vehicles I obtained and wouldn't obtain anything different doing a MAIN Save.  If I did more than one Save, I'd of course go for other things I never obtained yet, but the 16 I personally have are my favorites in the game and of the 16 I obtained, I have all of the UNIQUE Vehicles that exist.  Since there is no Proof Vehicles in TLaD, Unique Vehicles are the next best thing to obtain, followed by the EC Vehicles.  The only thing I would want differently in my TLaD Save is a Orange/Black or Blue/White Gang Burrito from a Gang War but never in my lifetime saw one of them even after doing TLaD three times now.  However, I have a regular Unique Gang Burrito, but it's not EC.  I also wish I had 1 Mission Failed instead of 2 Mission Failed + 1 Replay.  Other than that, I find what I have done in TLaD perfect for my tastes in Special Vehicles.  It's up to you to decide what you want to obtain in the end.

EDIT: Forgot to say about the Starter Save.  Yeah, you can do a Starter Save.  Maximum percentage is 16.06% after Clean and Serene.  I have a Starter Save for IV, TLaD, TBoGT, CW, and V.  These were new to me as before I only really knew about the 3D Era and the Starter Save completion.  III = 53% after Luigi's Girls.  VC = 44% before An Old Friend.  SA = 13.37% before Big Smoke.  LCS = 49% after Home Sweet Home.  VCS = 49.20% after Soldier.  IV = 11.95% after The Cousins Bellic.  TLaD = 16.06% after Clean and Serene.  TBoGT = 10.61% after I Luv LC.  CW = 31.86% after Pursuit Farce.  V = 13.30% after Franklin and Lamar.  I have a Starter Save IN FULL for all 10 of these GTA's other than GTA IV where I only reached 9.45% out of 11.95%.  Missing the remaining 2.50% for the remaining 126 Pigeons I need to exterminate while wanted with 6 stars...

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:24 PM

@Son of Morph, lol, you inspired me to re-do my TLaD Save I currently have, mainly just for 1 less Mission Failure and Attempt in the Stats as well as 1 less Replay.  I'll probably do it next once I finish off updating all 9 of my Guides...

Furthermore, this time around, I can also get an EC Black Gang Burrito from Action/Reaction instead of the one I currently have now in my Save since it's not EC.  The ones in Action/Reaction are EC Black and you can find EC Orange/Black and EC Blue/White in Gang Wars.  The EC Black Gang Burrito from Action/Reaction is still yet to be added into my Guide.

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:33 PM

I have yet to start my new TLAD save as I have been quite busy with college work, but I will eventually. I am still wondering if the Skylift is even possible to obtain from "Caught with your pants down".

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:19 PM

I haven't started my new Save yet, but I did decide which 16 I will get.  I plan to start in a week or two once I update the final 4 Guides (TLaD, TBoGT, IV, and SA).  5 out of the 16 I currently have in my Save are considered "Rare" Vehicles and not actually Special.  So I will get the same 11 and a new 5.  However, of the same 11, I won't get the Prison Bus from Off Route or the Laundromat from End of Chapter, but both the Prison Bus and Laundromat from Get Lost at the same time and pass the Mission.  The Laundromat is all around better since it's EC Black and also Lustered.  The new 5 I get will be the 3 EC Bikes from Malc's First Random Encounter, EC Bati 800, EC Wolfsbane, and EC Nightblade.  The other 2 I get will be the EC Huntley Sport and EC Habanero from Stubbs' Dirty Laundry Missions.  When I finish, it will only have 1 Mission Failure, as well.  I'll only be failing Roman's Holiday for the Unique Roman's Taxi and that's all.  Despite some of the Random Encounters and/or Stubbs' Dirty Laundry Missions being failed, it doesn't matter since nothing is added to the Stats for Side Missions.  Only the 23 main Story Missions and only Roman's Holiday will count as a Story Mission, thus 1 Failure in the Stats.  Looking forward to starting in the coming weeks.  I am glad I start at 16.06%, as well, and not 0%, since I did the full Starter Save and got a lot done after Clean and Serene...

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:54 PM

I have been working on my TLAD starter save and finally got all 3 friends to 100%. I did up to Liberty City Choppers and got the special Yankee. I unlocked races after this mission so I did six of them and decided to call it day. I'm not entirely sure what vehicles I'll be getting but I know for sure I'll be getting Roman's Taxi, Laundromat and Prison Bus from Get Lost, Double-T Custom, Hakuchou Custom, Regina, and the Gang Burrito.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, I did that in my TLaD Starter Save, too.  Everyone's Like/Respect is maxed to 100% right after Clean and Serene... so I don't need to worry about that.  I did all 50 Seagulls, as well, and Won at all the Minigames. etc, etc.  So the moment I start TLaD, I am ready for the Story and Special Vehicles and such.  But as things unlock, I like to do them and get them over with.  So when I pass "Get Lost," I am 100% at that very moment with nothing else to do for 100%.  Bike Races and Gang Wars unlock early on, so I need to do those and Bike Thefts and Stubbs' Dirty Laundry and such, as well.  I also do 50 Gang Wars for all 5 Weapons that spawn at the Safehouse(s).  Since I don't need to keep reloading for "Rare" Gang War Vehicles this time, it should go fast...

Yeah, I am in the process of updating this Guide today and will finish updating it today.  I don't know what I should do about Rare Vehicles and Gang War Vehicles.  For instance, I, too, would want to get the Double T Custom and Hakuchou Custom.  In fact, I did get these the first three Saves I did to 100% when doing TLaD, but these are "Rare" Vehicles and can actually be obtained anytime after 100%, simply by entering a Race and failing the Race.  Some of the Bikers in the Race are riding both the Double T Custom and Hakuchou Custom.  Since you can get these at literally anytime, even after 100%, I won't get them anymore since I prefer the Special Vehicles that are once and done.  Once the Story or Side Mission is passed, you can never get them again unless restarting.  Same goes for Gang War Vehicles, despite a Gang Burrito, Slamvan, Comet, and things of that nature found in Gang Wars, they are still not Special Vehicles and just "Rare" as Gang Wars are infinite and these can be obtained at anytime, even after 100%.  I won't be getting any Rare Vehicles.  Only 16 Special Vehicles that are one time only.  After I finish TLaD again, which will be now my 4th time through it.  I will do TBoGT for the SAME reason.  I already have 100% and 0 for all the Stats, but 10 of the 16 Special Vehicles I have are from Drug Wars which like Gang Wars, are infinite and everything from a Drug War is considered "Rare" and not Special.  Because of that, I need to re-do TBoGT, too.  I know which 16 I will get in TBoGT, as well.

So yeah, once these Guides are updated and such, I will start TLaD and TBoGT over again.  In TBoGT, I have the 10.61% Starter Save, so in that game, as well, I don't need to start over at 0%.  Unfortunately in TBoGT, Friend Activities are NOT unlocked at the start of the game, thus I need to wait until after Chinese Takeout to unlock those and get Armando and Henrique to 100% Like, and 50/60% Respect.  Their Respect only can reach 50 and 60%.  It's bugged and is true for all TBoGT Versions and Platforms played.

I'll finish updating both TLaD and TBoGT Guides by Wednesday, which only will leave IV and SA Guides to be updated.  Once they are updated, I will start working on my new TLaD Save!  Can't wait!  Luckily these games I need to re-do are short ones.  They are very short and simple compared to IV, for instance.  Also when I re-do my TBoGT Save, I plan to actually get 100% on all 26 Story Missions.  Since I have Gold on practically everything in Chinatown Wars and have all Gold on literally everything in GTA V for Story Missions and Strangers and Freaks, I will do the same for TBoGT as well.

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:15 PM

Interesting, so I am guessing race failures are not counted on the stats?

I went for all gold on TBoGT and 70 gold on GTA V for the achievements, I don't think I'll ever go gold for all GTA V missions and I imagine that will be an even more frustrating experience than it was to get 70 done. 

So if you ran into EC Gang Burrito or Slamvan in Gang wars would you keep it?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:47 PM

Well, when it comes to "Side Missions" in other GTA's, once the Side Mission or Race has been passed, if you replay it and then fail the Side Mission or Race, it would NOT be added into the Stats.  However, there is a Wins and Losses Stat in IV, TLaD, and TBoGT for these Races that each GTA is given.  I am not entirely 100% sure, but I think even if you pass all nine Bike Races in TLaD, for instance, if you fail one of them later on to get one of the "Rare" Bikes like the Double T Custom and Hakuchou Custom, I believe it's actually adding a "Loss" +1 to the Stats.  Since you can literally get such Rare Vehicles at any time, even after 100%, it's just not worth it, at least in my case to get those.  It's also not worth it in my case to get any of the Rare Vehicles from Gang Wars, either.  Story Missions, Random Encounters, and Stubbs' Dirty Laundry are the main areas of the game where the true Special Vehicles come from.  Rare means you can get them at any time, but just rare to get some of them.  Special means that once that specific Story or Side Mission is passed, you can never get them again unless you start a new game.  Because of this, despite some of the Gang War Vehicles especially being ultra Rare, I am NOT going to obtain them anymore and the same goes for TBoGT with Drug War Vehicles.

As for V, I got that "Solid Gold, Baby" Achievement.  I literally didn't settle for Silver or Bronze on ANYTHING in the Game.  I did all Story Missions with Gold and all Strangers and Freaks with Gold.  I did all Strangers and Freaks, even though only 20 of them are required for 100%.  I did all 66 of them, however, not all 66 count as a Mission for a Medal.  The ones that do count, however, including "The Last One," I believe are 46 if I recall correctly.  When I go to hit Pause and reload the Game, you can see the Mission Names, Medals, Percents that you have got and I literally have Gold on the entire Game.  Same in CW, there is only some instances where I found Gold nearly impossible and just settled for Silver or even Bronze, but in V, I did ALL GOLD/100%.  I even did all 50 Stunt Jumps, 50 Under the Bridges, 15 Knife Flights, Gold on Shooting Range for all 3 Characters, Gold on Flight School, etc, etc.  But when it comes to TBoGT, I never cared to get 100% on the 26 Missions until now.  Since I am doing TBoGT over with, I might as well get 100% on those Missions, too.

Before the past few days, I would of said yes, definitely, to keep the Gang Burrito, Slamvan, or Comet from a Gang War, but after today, my opinion has changed since, despite how incredibly RARE some of those are to find, even after HUNDREDS of Gang Wars have been completed, they can STILL be obtained at any time, if you get lucky to get one to spawn.  Whereas anything from the Story, Random Encounters, and Stubbs' Dirty Laundry are one time only Special Vehicles which you can't get ever again unless you start a new game.  For a MAIN Save, I'd say to get just Special Vehicles, but for a secondary or third Save, you should get Rare Vehicles from Gang Wars and such.

When it comes to TBoGT, since Missions can be replayed to get a lot of the Special Vehicles, it's best to get things that come from Random Encounters and Club Management Missions since these are things in which can NOT be repeated or replayed, unless you start a new game.  So for TBoGT, those Special Vehicles are priority over everything else, in my case.  For the extra space, you can get 6 Unique Vehicles, even though 5 of the 6 can be obtained anytime using a Replay, and for the remaining one or two spots that you have left, you can get the EC Bright Red Comet from Packie and the EC Green and Lustered Vincent from Packie, as well, and both are rather difficult and/or time consuming to get, despite both being obtainable at the end of the game or after 100%, using a Replay.

Ultimately, it's up to you what to get, but the priority is shifted to Special Vehicles in which can NOT be obtained ever again unless you start a new game.  Gang War Vehicles and Race Vehicles in TLaD are rather pointless.  Just like some of the Story Mission Special Vehicles and Drug War Vehicles in TBoGT are rather pointless.  When it comes to III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, CW, and V, I have done this very thing and obtained everything I should of obtained, but when it comes to TLaD and TBoGT, I have quite a few RARE Vehicles that can be obtained any time and because of that, it's good I will be re-doing them.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:08 PM

Guide Updated!  I removed a lot of "Rare" Vehicles from the Guide and it now just includes the truly Special Vehicles in TLaD.  Things like the Double T Custom, Hakuchou Custom, Slamvan, Gang Burrito, Comet and many more Vehicles from Gang Wars aren't actually "Special" Vehicles by definition and fall under the category as "Rare" since despite how Rare some may be, they can be obtained at anytime and because of this, there is no reason to include them in a Special Vehicle Guide.

I also fixed some of the other Entries in the Guide and wrote them better either by adding or removing some information.  Furthermore, I added in Son of Morph's Method to get the Laundromat and Prison Bus during Get Lost using a Fire Truck.  So everything is the way it should be now and I can move onto updating TBoGT Guide.  All I have left for updating is TBoGT, IV, and SA Guides.

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:32 PM Edited by Son Of Morph, 22 November 2016 - 10:38 PM.

I purposely lost a race to see how it affects the stats, this was before I finished all races. A races lost stat appears obviously with a one next to it. Interestingly there are two of the same stat in the Score section, "Number of races won" and "Bike race wins". I am pretty sure racing on bikes is the only form of racing in TLAD.

Edit: Race losses are counted after winning all 12 races.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:03 PM

Lol, sometimes the Stats just don't make sense...

Thanks for confirming.  Yeah, I figured that even once all 12 Bike Races were passed, that if you would lose one later on to obtain one of the Rare Bikes from the Race, it would be added to the Losses.  No worries, though, if you're looking for a Double T Custom or Hakuchou Custom, you can very easily get a Double T Custom after Shifting Weight or from one of Malc's Random Encounters.  As for the Hakuchou Custom, you can get it after Heavy Toll.  Both Bikes are sitting at the end of the Mission once they are passed.  So you can get them without failing anything, but they will still be "Rare" Vehicles since they can be obtained from the Races, which are infinite...

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:09 PM Edited by Son Of Morph, 25 November 2016 - 12:26 AM.

How did you manage to save vehicles at Luis' apartment? I parked a test car there a few times to see if it would stay but it seems to take along time to render the parking space and when it does there is no vehicle.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:33 AM

I have Episodes from Liberty City (Greatest Hits).  On my Version, obviously, and as well as The Complete Edition, Luis' Apartment can be used to store two Special Vehicles.  Back when TLaD was first released, you couldn't use his Apartment, thus only 14 spots to store Special Vehicles.  I am not sure if your Version has his Apartment to use, but if it's a newer Version of TLaD, it should.  But you're right.  Sometimes the designated yellow block renders very slowly and Vehicles can vanish.  Sometimes when they appear, they are parked on the side walk and if that is the case, it can also vanish.  I personally drive slowly toward that area when approaching it to assure the Vehicles remain.  I also make a backup Save after every single Special Vehicle I obtain, thus nothing is ever permanently gone and just temporary.

I literally had the Unique/EC Infernus in the parking space, drove by looking at it, drove away and used the camera to look behind me, and it completely vanished.  The parking space is rather strange so take caution and make a backup!

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:41 PM Edited by Son Of Morph, 25 November 2016 - 03:42 PM.

Yeah I figured it may have something to do with a couple of my TLAD saves being created on the DLC version but for my current save I have strictly stayed on the disc version (EFLC). I will experiment some more to see if I can get it to work.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:48 AM

Good news as I will start my TLaD Save either tomorrow or the next day.  Should get a lot done in two days before going back to work and also finish updating the Guides for what I need to now.  I can't wait to get to Get Lost and be 97.?? and just needing the Prison Bus, Laundromat, and to pass the Mission to be done with it.  I gotta finally get those from Get Lost and I will also be patient to get a Luster that looks good.  Either Red or Blue...

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:05 PM Edited by Son Of Morph, 27 November 2016 - 04:31 PM.

The parking spot just seems to be outright broken on 360. If someone could show me it working on a 360 version TLAD that would be great.

Unrelated note: It turns out that the Random Encounter race with Malc counts as a race won but not a Bike race win as, my 'Number of races won' is now 13 and my 'Bike race wins' is still 12 after the Random Encounter race.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:19 PM

Lancet Jades has the 360 Version of these IV, TLaD, and TBoGT Games.  Maybe he can help you.  I believe he thinks only 14 can be stored in his Version, too.  At least that is what he wrote in his Gamefaqs Guide for TLaD 360 Version.  But I can certainly store 16 in total, using Luis' Apartment.  They gave this parking space in later Versions of TLaD and since I have EfLC Greatest Hits, it's newer.  The Complete Edition also has the parking spot able to use.

Btw, I learned today that you can PASS a Bike Race AND obtain one of the Rare Bikes.  Just wait at the finish line using look back camera and simply go through the final checkpoint to win the Race when a Rare Bike is close behind you and after the Race is over, the Bike will be driving around like any normal NPC.  Can just kill the driver or jack the Bike from him.  But again, these aren't good to store since you can literally get them anytime...I am only interested in the one time only Special Vehicles...

Yeah, that is true.  That Random Encounter adds to Races Won Stat, thus 13.

From starting today at 16.06% from my Starter Save, I am already 43.94% Completion, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, 0 Missions Failed, 0 Times Saved, 0 Pay and Spray Visits, and 2 out of 16 Special Vehicles.  I have the Lustered Schafter with Silver Grill and the EC Rhapsody.  The Luster on my Schafter is Orange and imo, one of the better Lusters next to Red.

Tomorrow, I will do some Gang Wars and Bike Thefts as both are now unlocked.  Not until all 10 Bike Thefts are done and 50 Gang Wars will I move on to continuing with the Story and Special Vehicles.  I work Tues, Weds, Thurs, and Sat, but only 4 hours each day, so after work I can very easily continue playing.  It's going to go fast.  Probably be done with it in full within 6 days or a week maximum...

It took longer before, actually, since I kept reloading to find Rare Vehicles in Gang Wars/Drug Wars, but since I don't go for those "Rare" Vehicles anymore, I can just blow through all 50 for both games.  After TLaD is done, I move to TBoGT and re-do that.

I love Liberty City HD and TLaD owns! :)

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:26 PM

Trying to get a Gang Burrito from a gang war is driving me crazy. I gave up on trying to keep the non-essential bikers alive but the only types of mission I seem to get are Cruising wars and the occasional Siege or Target vehicle. When I get the latter two the enemies are never the AoD.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:40 PM

Just keep reloading until you get AoD and the proper type of Gang War that can spawn backup Gang Burritos.  I am telling you, though.  I went through 101 Gang Wars and have not EVER seen it.  Tomorrow, I will start doing another 50 for this Save, so after, I will be up to 151 in total and I doubt I will see a Gang Burrito in this Save, either.  Other than obtaining one from the Story Missions, there is a slim to none chance you will find one in a Gang War.  But still, it can be obtained ANYTIME from a Gang War since they are infinite.  It's not a one time occurrence or anything.  It can happen anytime and unlimited.  After I finish my Save this time, I only have literally 8 other Special Vehicles that come from the Story in which I can obtain in a 2nd Save File until I have literally all of the one-time-only Special Vehicles in TLaD.  I could also do a 3rd Save where I go for 16 Gang War Vehicles and the Double T Custom and Hakuchou Custom.

I just can't wait to finish the 50 Gang Wars and 10 Bike Thefts which I will work on next over the next two or three days before moving on with "This Sh*t's Cursed" and unlocking the Dave Grossman Random Encounter where I obtain the EC Bright Red Turismo.  The game is basically all down hill and simple after the next two or three days.  Only Gang Wars take me a while to complete.  Everything else is quick and easy.  I'll literally be 97.?? Completion and only need to pass Get Lost for 100% while obtaining my final 2 Special Vehicles (Unique/EC/Lustered Laundromat and Unique Prison Bus).  By this Friday or Saturday I reckon I'll be at Get Lost.  Maybe even by Thursday or something...

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:08 PM Edited by Son Of Morph, 28 November 2016 - 01:09 PM.

When obtaining the Turismo you can kill the lawyer just after he crosses the bridge into Alderney and his body will flop out. Then call a Firetruck and push to Alderney Safehouse. This is what I did and it saves you quite a bit of time. As long as there are no police cars around you shouldn't become wanted.

Yeah I resorted to loading up a save in the clubhouse where the Gang War for Alderney is just a couple of blocks North (Close to the Firetruck). I did get Siege for the AoD a couple of times but the only vehicles scattered around were bikes, and the backup vehicles were bikes too. The Target vehicles is always a Slamvan with Blue/White Slamvans for backup most of the time and sometimes Black/Orange ones. I know this Gang Burrito can be obtained at anytime but it seems like one hell of a trophy to have and for me it has became my most sought after vehicle. At the time of getting the Gang Burrito from 'It's War' I think, I did not realise there was an all black version that could have been obtained from another mission so I am stuck with a non-EC Gang Burrito for this save.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:35 PM

Failing the Random Encounter, though, right?  I usually just wait until he gets back to his house and push it to Alderney parking spaces.  It only takes about 7 minutes to push it there.

Yeah, same sh*t happens to me!  It's always Bikes that come as backup or Slamvans, either White/Blue or Orange/Black.  Those are special and nice to have, but again, just "Rare."  The Gang Burrito despite being Rare is one hell of a Rare Vehicle to say the least.  It's incredibly hard to get spawning in a Gang War and with those EC's.

Yeah, in my old Save I got one from It's War and passed the Mission, but no need since you can get the EC Charcoal Black Gang Burrito from Action/Reaction, and also pass the Mission to get it.  But it's locked and needs to be pushed back to a parking space unlike the ones in It's War.

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:42 PM Edited by Son Of Morph, 28 November 2016 - 01:43 PM.

Yes it fails the mission, a bit riskier but can save a bit of time.

There is not a lot info surrounding the Gang War Gang Burrito apart from a few outdated threads, a few images and a video. I am surprised by how little there is. I know it cannot be obtained from Cruising Wars and I am pretty sure it can spawn on all Islands as I have seen photos of it by the Oil refinery in Alderney, near the multi-story in Algonquin and a photo of a couple of them on a street in Dukes (not exactly sure what street though).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users