233 replies to this topic
MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:03 AM

I mean, I can keep the Backup Save I currently have and just "have it" without finishing it.  Or I can admire the Photo I took.  But despite how insanely rare and special this Mule is, I don't really want it.

Unique Gang Burrito, EC Black Lustered Schafter with Silver Grill, EC Sky Blue Rhapsody, Unique Regina, Unique Hakuchou Custom, Unique Double T Custom, Unique Roman's Taxi, EC Gold Lustered Stretch, Unique/EC Black Lustered Laundromat, Unique Prison Bus, EC Bright Red Turismo, EC Black Oracle, Unique/EC Orange Infernus with Black Stripe, EC Bright Red Cognoscenti, Unique/EC White/Blue Slamvan, and Unique/EC Black Comet. These are the 16 I will get. Won't keep the Mule with Missing Side Panels. I can always get it again if I ever decide to do another Save in TLaD or something, despite how rare it is. I may never find it again, but at least I got a Photo of it so I can always admire how unusual it looks...

The 4 crossed out are the 4 I currently have and after I finish the 10 Angus Bike Thefts later today, I can finally resume the Story Missions and Special Vehicles and get the EC Rhapsody from Off Route.  I am doing things as they unlock before doing Off Route since if all else fails and worse comes to worse and I don't succeed with getting the Prison Bus and Black Lustered Laundromat from Get Lost at the same time while passing the Missions, I can at least go back to a Save that is 49.55% Completion with majority of the things done in the game and just get the Prison Bus with Mission Failure from Off Route like I did in my last 2 Saves.  But I really only want 1 Mission Failure in this new Save from Roman's Holiday for the Unique Roman's Taxi.  No need to fail Off Route for the Unique Prison Bus as it can be obtained during Get Lost and pass the Mission.  No need to get the Unique Laundromat from End of Chapter, either, despite being able to pass to get it, since you can get it during Get Lost and that one is Black and Lustered, making it more special than the one in End of Chapter.  Plus, no tasks in TLaD for Special Vehicles are as time consuming and difficult as the Get Lost Special Vehicles so I really want to do it.  The 3D Era GTA's for Special Vehicles are way harder and I succeeded on literally 99.99% of all them from III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS, so I see no reason why I wouldn't be able to pull this off in TLaD...

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2016 - 01:08 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 12 September 2016 - 01:09 AM.

...And I am back to 49.55% Completion instead of 97.27% like I was today.  All I had to do was pass Get Lost for 100% and obtain the Unique Prison Bus and Unique/EC Black Lustered Laundromat from Get Lost and I'd be done.

I am marking this task as impossible until someone proves me wrong and shows me some documented evidence it's possible.  I won't take anyone's "word" that this is possible.  First of all, if you leave your Bike behind inside the Prison and start pushing these back to Brian's House, you fail the Mission for "leaving Terry and Clay Behind."  If you get both Vehicles outside of the Prison and then get on the Hexer and bring it out of the Prison to lose the wanted level as normal, you'll have to double drive the Hexer and your pushing Vehicle whilst keeping the camera on the Bus/Laundromat at all times or else they disappear, but here is the kicker.  Retards on their Bikes run into things whilst you are pushing these back.  "Clay Wrecked His Bike."  Mission Failed!  Not only does the Mission fail, but you are automatically teleported back to the Lost MC Clubhouse.  You can't fail the Mission and continue to push them.  It won't let you.  I don't know if it's my Version or what, but I have the Episodes from Liberty City (Greatest Hits) Version in the Red Box on PS3 and this is total bullsh*t what is written in my Guide and Lancet Jades Gamefaqs Guide.  None of what he says or I paraphrased for my own Guide is accurate at all.  He completely leaves out the entire part about double driving the Hexer along with your pushing Vehicle whilst pushing both back to the Safehouse.  This task is 85% luck and 15% skill.  Luck because the GAME, which you have no control over, needs to spawn a Mule or massive, large Truck outside the Prison when you come out of it, which is next to impossible to get happen.  I tried with a Contender, Perennial, and just useless sh*tboxes that spawned outside just to see and feel how heavy the Vehicles are.  Laundromat isn't really an issue, but the Prison Bus surely is.  But the worst part about it is getting the Mission to fail for leaving Terry and Clay behind and then being teleported away OR one of those goof balls "wrecking" their Bike by simply bumping into the Bus or Laundromat as they always get in the way.  Luck for a pushing Vehicle, luck that Clay/Terry don't act like retards.  Furthermore, they blast away at the Laundromat since Cops are standing behind it upon blowing away the front entrance of the Prison.

All in all, a totally bullsh*t task.  If someone can provide evidence this is possible or better yet a Video to prove me wrong, by all means, do so.  But I don't think this is possible at all...

I'll have to get the Unique Prison Bus from Off Route via Mission Failure, thus 2 in the Stats instead of 1 which I wanted to do, and I'll have to get the Unique Laundromat from End of Chapter, but it won't be EC Black or Lustered, but can easily pass the Mission to get it.

See?  This is why the HD Era always loses points in my book.  It's so f*cking linear and pathetic.  You move away from someone, Mission Failed!  3D Era allows 95% more freedom and literally can do whatever the f*ck you want in a Mission.  If you want to get out of your Vehicle and run across the Map before returning to the Mission at hand, you may.  Try this in IV, TLaD, TBoGT, or V, Mission Failed!

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:37 PM

Worked my ass off today and went from 49.55% and reached 100.00% with all 16 Special Vehicles I wanted.  Sadly, 2 Missions Failed due to the circumstances above.  I also tried to get the Unique Prison Bus without "replaying" the Mission, but it despawns within 3 to 5 seconds, thus there is no time to drive away from the area and let it renew.  Only way to let it renew is by replaying Off Route and teleporting away from the parking spaces, thus allowing it to renew without you in the area.

Spoiler

It's possible I do more Saves in the future to gather up other Special Vehicles found in this game that I don't have yet.  All in all pretty fun game other than the Get Lost nonsense from above.

• GTAKid667, Melancholia and thehambone like this

Melancholia
  • Melancholia

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:45 AM Edited by Melancholia, 19 September 2016 - 03:49 AM.

All in all, a totally bullsh*t task.  If someone can provide evidence this is possible or better yet a Video to prove me wrong, by all means, do so.  But I don't think this is possible at all...

Hey. I'm sorry for my disappearance, but I had a lot of personal sh*t going on in my life. I also had a problem with the account that I took care of. But it's definitely possible to obtain both the Laundromat and Prison Bus and pass the mission. I can try and take a pic of the stats tomorrow. But when I obtained them both back in April 2014 it took a few tries. First off, I couldn't get a decent vehicle to spawn, so I'd try using regular street vehicles and they'd eventually blow up. But after a while, you can get a good distance away from the prison, you can call a fire truck and that makes things much easier. And I didn't have trouble with Clay wrecking his bike or anything, but I did have struggles with the cops when pushing the cars. They'd get pissed that I would ram into the vehicles. It's an annoying task, and yes, it requires a lot of luck but it's possible on the PS3. The only problem is the Laundromat I got isn't lustered at all.

It was on an old save. I have one mission failure on it due to obtaining the Roman Taxi. I know I'm late and you already got the 100% on the save, and I don't have a video obtaining it, but I can try and take a few pictures to try and prove it.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:32 AM

Yeah, I sent you a PM a couple weeks back to ask how to do this, but knew you weren't around, so I just moved on.  I didn't want to wait weeks just to find out how to do this.  I don't know why, but my luck was outrageously bad with the whole Mission in general.  I couldn't even make it out of the Prison half the time without failing the Mission.  Not cuz I died, but cuz some f*cking "Lost Member Died."  Well, if they keep dying, allow me to go into the Prison on my own!  This Gang that always follows you up your ass is so annoying.  Just like Johnny said during one of the early Story Missions about the other Gang Members always "suckered onto Billy Grey's ass."  Always right on you, but I don't want any of them on me as it makes the entire task harder due to needing to be careful of these retards.  So that was one issue that was annoying as f*ck to me.  They'd always die inside the Prison, thus reloading and needing to do the entire thing again.  Then when I'd finally make it out with those goons NOT dying, nothing big would spawn.  The Laundromat was simple to push with literally ANY Vehicle I could find, but the Prison Bus was the big issue and absolutely NEEDS a massive Vehicle for pushing.  Doesn't spawn?  Need to re-do it all.  But like I said, re-doing the Mission, mostly meant not even making it out of the Prison due to some f*cking weak-as-f*ck Lost Member dying on me.  Mission Failed!

So am I right to assume you need to take the Hexer with you?  In my Greatest Hits EfLC Disc if the Mission fails in any way, shape, or form, I am teleported back to the Lost MC Clubhouse, right in front of the yellow marker to start the Mission for Stubbs again.  I figured I could leave the Hexer inside the Prison, get a large Vehicle to push the Prison Bus or Laundromat back, and then come back to the Prison while the Mission was still running to start pushing the second Vehicle I left behind.  If the Hexer is still inside there, the Vehicles in which spawn inside there, also remain, no matter how far away you are.  But apparently if you leave the Hexer behind, you fail the Mission for leaving Terry/Clay behind.  So is it true?  You need to drive the Hexer a bit up the street, park it, run on foot back to your pushing Vehicle, and then continue to push both at the same time to where the Hexer is, and then repeat until you get back to the Safehouse?  I tried this with the Laundromat alone and got pretty damn far, until it said Clay Wrecked His Bike in red letters on the bottom of my screen.  Mission Failed!  Teleported back to the Lost MC Clubhouse.

How far is "far enough away from the Prison" where you can call for a Fire Truck?  Again, in Lancet Jades, apparently outdated Guide, says nothing of the sort.  It in fact goes off to say a Fire Truck will NEVER come, but apparently one WILL come...If you're just far enough away from the Prison.  Again, this is something you need to be exact on with details?  This entire process confuses the hell out of me due to the fact everything I read is f*cking ancient and completely irrelevant/outdated.

I am confident I could obtain the Laundromat alone and pass the Mission....Eventually after tons of bad luck and wanting to break the damn game in half, lol, but getting the Prison Bus just never works out since nothing good ever spawns and just to make it out of the Prison to find something good is also next to impossible since a Lost Member always dies on me.  They always try and blow away the Laundromat, too, since Cops always hide behind it.  If you use the Combat Shotgun, the Laundromat will blow up.

About Lusters, it's rarer, but surely possible.  I've saw it in EC Black, of course, but also a Dark Red Luster.  More times than not, it's NOT Lustered, but again, with reloading constantly, you can find it with a Luster.  Either way, it looks badass compared to the one in End of Chapter.

I wonder if the Prison Bus in Off Route is BP or something.  I've shot at it trying to wreck it inside the parking space, but after emptying 1,200 rounds of SMG, it wasn't even smoking.  Could just be Increased Health, but it makes me wonder.  I didn't try and do this AFTER obtaining it.  If it's literally BP, then even with a Mission Failure, it's better to get, but if it's not anything special with a BP Property, then the one in Get Lost is better, since you can pass to get it, of course.

Still, though, let me know this stuff.  I'll fix the Guide with RIGHT information unlike 2014, almost 3 years old information.  I also made a Guide for IV and TBoGT if you're interested.  LieutenantCB17 and I are trying to figure out a way to get the Unique Skylift using an Explosive Gun Annihilator that you can obtain from a Mission and have it before starting the Mission for the Skylift.  I am currently doing TBoGT now and am almost done with it.  But luckily this game can get the Skylift even when it's done since it has Mission Replays.  After TBoGT, then I am doing IV and V again.  I took a break from the 3D Era as I can't do much else in it and got everything I wanted, basically.

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:55 PM

When it comes to getting a large vehicle for pushing the laundry van and prison bus, surely you could get a Flatbed, Yankee, Mule, Steed or a Packer from their fixed spawning points in the Tudor area.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:35 AM

It seemed if I went too far away from the Prison, the Mission would fail for abandoning Terry and Clay, though.  I tried driving a random Vehicle around to go find a large Vehicle, but if I got to where the Police Station is right there, close to the Prison, the Mission would already fail for being too far away.  If you take the Hexer, sure, Terry and Clay will follow you and the Mission won't fail, but then the Prison Bus and Laundromat would vanish from the Prison...

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:31 PM Edited by Son Of Morph, 07 November 2016 - 03:33 PM.

There are also the many Phantoms that spawn in Port Tudor but from what you're saying that still sounds too far away.

So how comes you didn't save the rare Yankee?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:03 PM

From Liberty City Choppers Mission?  Well, there is only 16 spots to store Vehicles and clearly more than 16 Special Vehicles in the entire game, so you need to make sacrifices.  I picked my favorite 16 when I was doing the Save and got those 16.  I have all the "Unique" Vehicles within the Save, too.  It's possible that in the future I do a 2nd Save File, and maybe even a 3rd Save File for TLaD as it's a quick and fun game.  Plus, I have the 16.06% Starter Save, thus never needing to start over at 0% and a lot of the tedious stuff is already done in the beginning after Clean and Serene.  That Black Yankee with Wooden Crate Back wasn't of interest to me for the 1st Save File.

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

IMO, I thought the Yankee would be a lot rarer than a vehicle with an unobtainable colour as it has a unique model and colour (I don't think you can find a Yankee in Black).

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:50 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 07 November 2016 - 06:52 PM.

A Yankee in and of itself isn't special.  The only reason it's special is due to the Black Color and Wooden Crate Back.  That's all.  There is many EC (Exclusive Color) Vehicles in all GTA's, though.  It's nothing new to the Series or TLaD.  The reason why I like GTA the most out of any open world gaming Series out there is the Special Vehicle aspect.  It exists for III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, CW, and V.  There is even a few Special Vehicles in GTA Advance, but no place to store such Vehicles.

A Yankee can spawn on the streets and parked in their spawn locations no problem, just not in Black or with a Wooden Crate Back.  All the Special Vehicles I have in my current Save are either Unique (which means it only spawns once or twice in a Mission or two and can never be found again unless you restart the game) or EC (which means the Color can't be found in traffic, parked, or obtained from a Pay and Spray).

Oh, and the Yankee is very easy to get and requires a Mission Failure.  That's another reason I chose not to go for it.  I was only trying for 1 (despite having 2) Failures in the Stats.  I have 2 since I failed Off Route for the Unique Prison Bus whereas it can be obtained in Get Lost while passing the Mission, but that is where I had issues and nothing was working out.

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:12 PM Edited by Son Of Morph, 07 November 2016 - 07:22 PM.

Fair enough. When I eventually start working on getting rare vehicles for TLAD, the Yankee will be a must for me.

Another open world game similar to Gta called The Getaway: Black Monday also has unique vehicles and garages to store vehicles in. Do you know about this game?  

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:00 PM

Yeah, I mean, I have 2 Saves in SA, 7 Saves in LCS, and 3 Saves (soon to be 4) in VCS, so it won't be an issue for me to do a 2nd Save File for TLaD and go for another 16, different to the ones I already have in my current Save.

Nah, I never heard of it.  In the original "Just Cause" game there is also some Special Vehicles to obtain, even ones with Proofings/Immunities, but it's just not as extensive as GTA.  GTA has been the Godfather of Special Vehicles since 2001, with literally HUNDREDS in games like SA.  I don't even play many games, tbh, only when I was younger in my teens.  I kinda grew out of gaming and only stick to GTA exclusively and own 10 out of the 15 in the Series, excluding I, II, London 69/61, and Advance.

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:57 PM

Is it possible for the Stretch from 'Diamonds in the Rough" not to have the Gold pearlescent effect? The limo in my game doesn't look like it has any pearlescent colour. 

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:59 PM

I always assumed it always had a Luster to it and always Gold and no other Colored Luster.  I've got it on an old Save and my current Save and it was always Gold Lustered..

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:19 PM Edited by Son Of Morph, 08 November 2016 - 09:28 PM.

I always assumed it always had a Luster to it and always Gold and no other Colored Luster.  I've got it on an old Save and my current Save and it was always Gold Lustered..

Never mind. Turned off the noise effect and now I can see the gold luster. 

So for 'Get Lost' you have to watch both of the vehicles whilst pushing them and occasionally hop onto the Hexer to move Terry and Clay with you?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:04 PM

I did TLaD three times in total now to 100% and with Special Vehicles and the first two times were with Noise Effect ON as I never knew you could even turn it off or what it meant until I saw a Topic about it in one of these Sections on the Forum.  But on this current playthrough, I had it OFF.  However, with it ON or OFF, I am still able to see the Gold Luster.  It's still rather dull of a Luster, though.  Nevertheless, Special.

Yeah, that's exactly right.  You need to be at the game's mercy to spawn something large initially when you come out of the Prison whilst leaving the Hexer INSIDE the Prison.  If nothing spawns, you need to reload until it happens.  If, and when it does happen, use it to push both the Unique/EC Black and Lustered Laundromat (Only SOMETIMES Lustered) and Unique Prison Bus out of there and once they are out in the street with your pushing Vehicle, then you can get the Hexer out of there and drive it a bit up the road, park it, get off, run on foot back to the pushing Vehicle and Laundromat/Prison Bus and continue to push.  Eventually when you get far from the Prison, you can then call 911 for a Fire Truck and it should come says Melencholia and use it to push the Vehicles a bit easier.  ALWAYS keep the camera on the pushing Vehicle AND Laundromat/Prison Bus.  You don't want them to disappear.  Tbh, Laundromat is rather easy to obtain alone, but with the Prison Bus, it's a nightmare.  I was able to get 2/3 of the distance, just as a test, with only the Laundromat using a random, small Vehicle that spawned outside of the Prison, until the Mission failed due to Clay or Terry "wrecking their Bike."  Don't ask how it happened, all I know is randomly red letters were on the bottom of my screen saying such a thing and I literally was like WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUKK?!?!?  At that point, I gave up the entire quest and went back to an old Save I last made a backup of and had to re-do more than 50% of the game since I had to start over before "Off Route" where I got the Prison Bus with Mission Failure instead and then in "End of Chapter," I got the Unique Laundromat with Mission Passed.  Only in EoC, the Laundromat isn't EC or Lustered like it is in "Get Lost."

If you try it and fail or succeed, let me know how it goes.  There isn't much information on the Get Lost Vehicles, so it would be nice with all the information you have.  By the way, what Platform are you playing on and what "version?"  Episodes from Liberty City?  Single DLC's?  Complete Edition?  Also what Platform?  PS3?  Xbox360?  PC?

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:55 PM

I bought TLAD on the day it came out today I just found out you could turn the noise off. I am on 360 and I have both the DLCs and the EFLC disc but I was using my GTA IV disc at the time meaning it would be DLC.

I succeeded on getting both the Prison Bus and the Laundromat (With a red luster I believe). I managed to workaround the needing to have a large vehicle spawn on the streets by going to the very south of Latchkey Ave, after killing Billy and leaving the Hexer in the prison I then called a Firetruck in the position previously mentioned and it spawns on the north end of the road heading towards where you called it. Then the tedious part begins. Once you leave the prison the radius of leaving the Hexer behind dramatically decreases by around 50%. Once both rare vehicles are outside the prison gates, you head back on the Hexer and park it halfway down the Street. You then need to use the back of the Firetruck to push the rare vehicles somewhat carefully down the road and then, hop back on the Hexer when the rare vehicles are a about 15 metres ahead of the Hexer. Rinse and repeat until you get to the Safehouse.

I did not know the cops would come after you if you kept bumping into a vehicle. I did not attain any stars whilst doing this and the only problem I encountered was the Laundromat catching fire which was quickly extinguished.

I will try and upload pictures tomorrow (They will be bad quality) of the vehicles at Brian's Safehouse. Unfortunately I used an old save from 2013 and I can't remember what I was doing to have a couple of mission fails so the stats will be useless as evidence, you'll just have to take my word that the prison bus is from 'Get Lost'. 

• MorsPrincipiumEst and SpriteFan274 like this

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:33 PM

Z9sJPuB.jpg

tmcWpSu.jpg

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:59 PM

Absolutely incredible, man!  It makes me want to re-do my TLaD Save now lol

It's possible I re-do it in the future, or more Saves as I mentioned previously.  I just wish I knew what you said and Melancholia said BEFORE attempting these in Get Lost.

It's surely a Red Luster and looks totally sick.  I saw it in Red and Blue, or none at all.

• Son Of Morph likes this

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:08 PM Edited by Son Of Morph, 09 November 2016 - 09:08 PM.

Absolutely incredible, man!  It makes me want to re-do my TLaD Save now lol

It's possible I re-do it in the future, or more Saves as I mentioned previously.  I just wish I knew what you said and Melancholia said BEFORE attempting these in Get Lost.

It's surely a Red Luster and looks totally sick.  I saw it in Red and Blue, or none at all.

Yeah, I'm planning on doing a perfect TLAD save bar 2 mission failures (Roman's Taxi and Flatbed Yankee) and hopefully get a Laundromat with a blue luster this time round.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:15 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 09 November 2016 - 09:16 PM.

Go for it!  It's a short and great game! ;)

I have only 2 Missions Failed in my TLaD Save, too, but it SHOULD only be 1.  The 1 Replay is also from Off Route as you need to Replay the Mission via Text Message so you are teleported away from the Safehouse after blowing the Prison Bus up and failing the Mission.  I wish I got it from Get Lost!

Xv27qkZ.jpg?1

zp9M2MV.jpg?1

My IV and TBoGT Saves are top notch, though:

Spoiler
  • Son Of Morph likes this

COVRA
  • COVRA

The Harwood Butcher!

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:11 PM

What special vehicles are a must in this game? Im doing a special vehicle save in this for the first time...

Also, can you do a starter save on this game?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:22 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 10 November 2016 - 10:53 PM.

Well it all just depends.  If you like easy Special Vehicles, there is plenty.  If you like Special Vehicles that don't require a Mission Failure, there is plenty.  If you like Unique Vehicles, there is plenty.  If you like challenging and time consuming Special Vehicles, there is a couple.  If you like Gang War Vehicles and don't mind reloading constantly to find the ones you are looking for, there is a handful.  Everything in this game is easy to get other than the Unique Prison Bus and Unique/EC Black and Lustered Laundromat from Get Lost, the final Story Mission, and passing the Mission at the same time.  If someone can pull that off, then everything else in TLaD looks like a walk in the park.  But just because most things are easy doesn't mean that you shouldn't go for 100% with Minimum Stats and 16 Special Vehicles.  For my tastes, I like the 16 Special Vehicles I obtained and wouldn't obtain anything different doing a MAIN Save.  If I did more than one Save, I'd of course go for other things I never obtained yet, but the 16 I personally have are my favorites in the game and of the 16 I obtained, I have all of the UNIQUE Vehicles that exist.  Since there is no Proof Vehicles in TLaD, Unique Vehicles are the next best thing to obtain, followed by the EC Vehicles.  The only thing I would want differently in my TLaD Save is a Orange/Black or Blue/White Gang Burrito from a Gang War but never in my lifetime saw one of them even after doing TLaD three times now.  However, I have a regular Unique Gang Burrito, but it's not EC.  I also wish I had 1 Mission Failed instead of 2 Mission Failed + 1 Replay.  Other than that, I find what I have done in TLaD perfect for my tastes in Special Vehicles.  It's up to you to decide what you want to obtain in the end.

EDIT: Forgot to say about the Starter Save.  Yeah, you can do a Starter Save.  Maximum percentage is 16.06% after Clean and Serene.  I have a Starter Save for IV, TLaD, TBoGT, CW, and V.  These were new to me as before I only really knew about the 3D Era and the Starter Save completion.  III = 53% after Luigi's Girls.  VC = 44% before An Old Friend.  SA = 13.37% before Big Smoke.  LCS = 49% after Home Sweet Home.  VCS = 49.20% after Soldier.  IV = 11.95% after The Cousins Bellic.  TLaD = 16.06% after Clean and Serene.  TBoGT = 10.61% after I Luv LC.  CW = 31.86% after Pursuit Farce.  V = 13.30% after Franklin and Lamar.  I have a Starter Save IN FULL for all 10 of these GTA's other than GTA IV where I only reached 9.45% out of 11.95%.  Missing the remaining 2.50% for the remaining 126 Pigeons I need to exterminate while wanted with 6 stars...

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:24 PM

@Son of Morph, lol, you inspired me to re-do my TLaD Save I currently have, mainly just for 1 less Mission Failure and Attempt in the Stats as well as 1 less Replay.  I'll probably do it next once I finish off updating all 9 of my Guides...

Furthermore, this time around, I can also get an EC Black Gang Burrito from Action/Reaction instead of the one I currently have now in my Save since it's not EC.  The ones in Action/Reaction are EC Black and you can find EC Orange/Black and EC Blue/White in Gang Wars.  The EC Black Gang Burrito from Action/Reaction is still yet to be added into my Guide.

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:33 PM

I have yet to start my new TLAD save as I have been quite busy with college work, but I will eventually. I am still wondering if the Skylift is even possible to obtain from "Caught with your pants down".

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:19 PM

I haven't started my new Save yet, but I did decide which 16 I will get.  I plan to start in a week or two once I update the final 4 Guides (TLaD, TBoGT, IV, and SA).  5 out of the 16 I currently have in my Save are considered "Rare" Vehicles and not actually Special.  So I will get the same 11 and a new 5.  However, of the same 11, I won't get the Prison Bus from Off Route or the Laundromat from End of Chapter, but both the Prison Bus and Laundromat from Get Lost at the same time and pass the Mission.  The Laundromat is all around better since it's EC Black and also Lustered.  The new 5 I get will be the 3 EC Bikes from Malc's First Random Encounter, EC Bati 800, EC Wolfsbane, and EC Nightblade.  The other 2 I get will be the EC Huntley Sport and EC Habanero from Stubbs' Dirty Laundry Missions.  When I finish, it will only have 1 Mission Failure, as well.  I'll only be failing Roman's Holiday for the Unique Roman's Taxi and that's all.  Despite some of the Random Encounters and/or Stubbs' Dirty Laundry Missions being failed, it doesn't matter since nothing is added to the Stats for Side Missions.  Only the 23 main Story Missions and only Roman's Holiday will count as a Story Mission, thus 1 Failure in the Stats.  Looking forward to starting in the coming weeks.  I am glad I start at 16.06%, as well, and not 0%, since I did the full Starter Save and got a lot done after Clean and Serene...

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:54 PM

I have been working on my TLAD starter save and finally got all 3 friends to 100%. I did up to Liberty City Choppers and got the special Yankee. I unlocked races after this mission so I did six of them and decided to call it day. I'm not entirely sure what vehicles I'll be getting but I know for sure I'll be getting Roman's Taxi, Laundromat and Prison Bus from Get Lost, Double-T Custom, Hakuchou Custom, Regina, and the Gang Burrito.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, I did that in my TLaD Starter Save, too.  Everyone's Like/Respect is maxed to 100% right after Clean and Serene... so I don't need to worry about that.  I did all 50 Seagulls, as well, and Won at all the Minigames. etc, etc.  So the moment I start TLaD, I am ready for the Story and Special Vehicles and such.  But as things unlock, I like to do them and get them over with.  So when I pass "Get Lost," I am 100% at that very moment with nothing else to do for 100%.  Bike Races and Gang Wars unlock early on, so I need to do those and Bike Thefts and Stubbs' Dirty Laundry and such, as well.  I also do 50 Gang Wars for all 5 Weapons that spawn at the Safehouse(s).  Since I don't need to keep reloading for "Rare" Gang War Vehicles this time, it should go fast...

Yeah, I am in the process of updating this Guide today and will finish updating it today.  I don't know what I should do about Rare Vehicles and Gang War Vehicles.  For instance, I, too, would want to get the Double T Custom and Hakuchou Custom.  In fact, I did get these the first three Saves I did to 100% when doing TLaD, but these are "Rare" Vehicles and can actually be obtained anytime after 100%, simply by entering a Race and failing the Race.  Some of the Bikers in the Race are riding both the Double T Custom and Hakuchou Custom.  Since you can get these at literally anytime, even after 100%, I won't get them anymore since I prefer the Special Vehicles that are once and done.  Once the Story or Side Mission is passed, you can never get them again unless restarting.  Same goes for Gang War Vehicles, despite a Gang Burrito, Slamvan, Comet, and things of that nature found in Gang Wars, they are still not Special Vehicles and just "Rare" as Gang Wars are infinite and these can be obtained at anytime, even after 100%.  I won't be getting any Rare Vehicles.  Only 16 Special Vehicles that are one time only.  After I finish TLaD again, which will be now my 4th time through it.  I will do TBoGT for the SAME reason.  I already have 100% and 0 for all the Stats, but 10 of the 16 Special Vehicles I have are from Drug Wars which like Gang Wars, are infinite and everything from a Drug War is considered "Rare" and not Special.  Because of that, I need to re-do TBoGT, too.  I know which 16 I will get in TBoGT, as well.

So yeah, once these Guides are updated and such, I will start TLaD and TBoGT over again.  In TBoGT, I have the 10.61% Starter Save, so in that game, as well, I don't need to start over at 0%.  Unfortunately in TBoGT, Friend Activities are NOT unlocked at the start of the game, thus I need to wait until after Chinese Takeout to unlock those and get Armando and Henrique to 100% Like, and 50/60% Respect.  Their Respect only can reach 50 and 60%.  It's bugged and is true for all TBoGT Versions and Platforms played.

I'll finish updating both TLaD and TBoGT Guides by Wednesday, which only will leave IV and SA Guides to be updated.  Once they are updated, I will start working on my new TLaD Save!  Can't wait!  Luckily these games I need to re-do are short ones.  They are very short and simple compared to IV, for instance.  Also when I re-do my TBoGT Save, I plan to actually get 100% on all 26 Story Missions.  Since I have Gold on practically everything in Chinatown Wars and have all Gold on literally everything in GTA V for Story Missions and Strangers and Freaks, I will do the same for TBoGT as well.

Son Of Morph
  • Son Of Morph

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:15 PM

Interesting, so I am guessing race failures are not counted on the stats?

I went for all gold on TBoGT and 70 gold on GTA V for the achievements, I don't think I'll ever go gold for all GTA V missions and I imagine that will be an even more frustrating experience than it was to get 70 done. 

So if you ran into EC Gang Burrito or Slamvan in Gang wars would you keep it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users