Photo

Red Dead Redemption confessions

44 replies to this topic
Caysle
  • Caysle

The Stroke

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:49 PM Edited by Caysle, 01 August 2016 - 09:50 PM.

Couldn't play blackjack for sh*t, used a cheat when I was at %95 completion

Liar's dice was my favorite

I was good at pretending to be a honoured man. And then I'd murder the sh*t of everyone in Thieves' Landing and Casa Madrugada

To roleplay, I'd go to one of the camps in Tall Trees in MP, where I could stock ammo and refill dead-eye. Then I'd wait there to hunt some bears, especially with axe

Spent almost 500 hours in MP, all rifles, all sidearms except mauser, semi-auto shotty and basic sniper rifle were golden. TDM's were pretty good then, not like GTAO

I was super careful with my ammo in UN, never used it outside of missions-tasks

Spoiler

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:01 AM

I never played RDR until about 2014. Never finished Undead Nightmare yet. 

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:25 AM

I never harm Civilians.

I like playing as Jack.

I think Bonnie is the best written Character in the Game.

• Misunderstood and Payne Killer like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:09 PM Edited by Neon_Dreaming, 06 August 2016 - 05:11 PM.

I thought that the Mexico portion of the game drags on for too long, I enjoyed it up to a point but it tends to overstay it's welcome a bit.

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:55 PM Edited by Jabalous, 07 August 2016 - 03:57 PM.

I confess that sometimes I felt bad for killing horses while pursuing or shooting at horse-riding enemies. The mixture of their death animations and sound makes them believable.

• Nameless Foot Soldier likes this

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:15 PM

On the Xbox 360 I never got 100% completion because I couldn't pass the 5 finger fillet in Mexico.

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:24 PM

* I cried a little bit at the end of the game.

Spoiler

I dont think i've ever done that because of a video game... :cry: 

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:11 PM

John Marston became my favorite gaming protagonist before i even finished the game. Undead Nightmare further cemented that.

Even though i knew John was going to die, i still choked up a bit at the scene. Can't imagine how surprised people was at this moment back in 2010.
  • Payne Killer likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:24 PM Edited by Niobium, 22 August 2016 - 10:27 PM.

i purchased RDR twice (once when it came out and another for $15)

i figured john was going to die because i saw my brother playing the game and he wad ahead of me in his playthrough. he was playing as a different character who i didn't know was jack at the time. i still found the scene sad though.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:37 PM

The only reason why I killed the cannibal is because it follows John's morals...

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gingerly Ginger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:42 PM

I didn't know about the game existing until I went to a friend's house and watched him play it. A month or two after the game was released, I bought it for myself and loved the whole game.

I 100% both RDR and Undead Nightmare.

I once wiped out a whole table in Liar's Dice in Multiplayer with just one die left and got the trophy for it.

I would often hunt down and kill other players in Hardcore Free Aim lobbies because I enjoyed it and also because I'm an asshole.

I met my best friend through RDR when I kept sniping him repeatedly and he could never find me. Been friends with him for almost 6yrs now and plan to move closer to him and his girlfriend within a year or two.

I wouldn't play story mode with cheats enabled until I had gotten all of the story mode trophies.

John Marston was the first character in a video game that I had actually felt emotion for upon his death.

It felt so good to kill Edgar Ross.

I contributed to the Wikia for RDR when the game was still new.

I plan on being a Hardcore Free Aim asshole again when RDR2 is released. If Rockstar doesn't f*ck up the multiplayer by not having a Hardcore Free Aim lobby.

Johnson Johnson
  • Johnson Johnson

Que VIADAO BUNITU Hein

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Johnson Johnson, A week ago.

I always kill and skin every dog i see, then i sell only the meat and keep the dog´s fur

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

• I sometimes think Red Dead Redemption is better than GTA:IV, especially the multiplayer. (When it still actually worked.) 

• I 100% completed both RDR and UN.

• I don't know how to play poker, so it was a bitch getting the games beat for 100%.

• I think it was a missed opportunity for R* not to include a zombie free mode for multiplayer.

• I actually dont hate playing as Jack Marston, however i think that R* should of made the cheat code to play as Jack, work to let you play as John after the game is complete.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted A week ago

Confession about the game:

On first playtrought, i never really loved RDR. Sure, it's a good game, but it was released during the "sad era" of videogame and i was fed up of "serious" games with a dramatic twist at the end. Gta IV, MGS IV, TLAD... RDR was (unfortunately) just one too many for my taste

On my next playtroughts... well, actually there was only one more. Never finished that, got bored.

I can objectively say that RDR is a good game... but i can't really go into it no matter what.

Dude, I was the same. I was pissed off at the serious tone all games were taking. Because everything went HD and next get they're well like.. come now, this is serious now. :p  I've been watching serious films and serious TV shows and a lot of these games seemed to want to be treated like movie or TV show and not a game. They just couldn't compare. I thought for some gamers that weren't used to watching a proper crime drama, it was the best thing they've ever seen/play.. so deep! Then you realize they grew up on Fast and Furious films and Super Hero films. No offence to those films but there's hardly a multidimensional character between the lot of them. If your game wants to be taken seriously like a good film or show, I'm going to compare it to the The Wire or The Sopranos or Goodfellas etc. I don't mind if you make obvious references to a film but going all serious in what seems to be the hopes of desperately wanting to be taken seriously like a show of film an the game play not being all there isn't my idea of a great game. 

I was all for games being like movies or shows but then realized that I just want my games to be games. Took me a few years but I'm sure I want my games to have all the game-play elements and the fun ones too locked-in and then build a story that can be supported by by the fun game play. Don't cut out gameplay potential because it doesn't suit the narrative of the plot. And around that time it was story over gameplay for the likes of IV. I think most games have moved on from that time and they're starting to embrace the idea that while cinematic elements in gaming is welcome, they don't need to emulate the formula completely to compete with films. 

silly_nate
  • silly_nate

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Ever since AHS Roanoke came out, I kill anyone I see in Tall Trees while hunting bears and elk and say "you're trespassing on my land!" :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users