Quantcast

» «
Photo

Red Dead Redemption confessions

46 replies to this topic
JosephStalin
  • JosephStalin

Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.

• BUSTED!
  • Russia

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:59 PM Edited by FuckingYokel, 03 July 2016 - 09:18 PM.

Seeing as Red Dead has its own section now and I like the idea of confessions, I thought why not Red Dead confessions? 

I wanted to kill Abraham Reyes despite him saving John I thought he was a major dick.

Luisa is the most Likable female in any video game I have played, and It was sad when she was killed.

Killing Da Santa was satisfying.

Bonnie annoys me.

I think Red Dead has a very well executed story which is fantastic, but it loses its oomph quicker than say IV or V. 

John Marston is my third favorite Rockstar Protagonist behind Niko Bellic & Max Payne.

And The Truth Will Set You Free is my favorite mission.

Bounty hunting is my favorite side mission/activity.

I hate the Cattle Herding missions.

Feel free to share some confessions.   ;)

• eCola likes this

Canady117
  • Canady117

The Unforgiven

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:57 PM

I have a crush on Bonnie.

I cried the first time I finished John's part of the game.

I also teared up the first time riding into Mexico (due to the sheer brilliance and beauty of what I was witnessing - visually and audibly)

Landon Ricketts is one of my favorite characters of all time (and I want Kurt Russell to play him if we ever get a film adaptation - yes, I dream big) 

• Mister Pink likes this

Efreet
  • Efreet

Has your mother finished mourning your father?

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:36 PM

I barley, if even did, used fast travel options like the stagecoach. I enjoyed my moments looking at the surrounding scenery while going from point A to B.

The only game that I cared about 100%ing it.

The total playtime was over 500 hours, including the time spent on team deathmacthing. I always enjoyed playing in Armadillo map and using LeMat-Revolver.

I bought the game twice because the first disc had a little crack and didn't work after that.

Bought all DLCs and enjoyed most of the new contents, especially new maps. Was good at calling bluff and bluffing others in multiplayer's Liar's dice. I remember winning matches in a row a couple of times :) 

Always played like a decent man and had no intention to cause mayhem, stealing or killing for no purpose. Fame and Honor meters were both full and I had a good reputation!

And of course, for the biggest confession of all time, I am excitedly waiting for the next game in the Red Dead franchise!!

• Mister Pink likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:32 AM

-When I first got the game and played it to death it made me obsessed with Westerns. I ended up buying 3:10 To Yuma, Unforgiven, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly etc.

-Most people didn't seem to like playing as Jack at the end, but I didn't mind. Thought he was decent. 

-West Elizabeth is my least favourite part of the map. It's still beautiful, but I like New Austin and Nuevo Paraiso more.

-Horseshoes is my favourite activity.

-If it were made into a movie I always thought Sam Elliot would be the perfect actor to play Ricketts. ^ Kurt Russell also as a couple of posts above. :p

• Mister Pink, Fallcreek, Payne Killer and 2 others like this

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:05 AM

I've never finished it. As much as I liked the game, I got bored.

I have the GOTY (or whatever it's called) edition but I never bothered to start Undead Nightmare. Because f*ck zombies.

Also, if I didn't have this edition, I know I'd be immensely frustrated and pissed off that the best horse is not available right off the bat. I'd hate to ride those walking horse corpses with no health and stamina. I hate games that deliberately frustrate you with sh*tty equipment at the start and only give you the good stuff 5 minutes before the end.

I launched MP only once, just to see what's up.

It's one of only 2 R* games I don't have in digital format.

• bulldog385 likes this

Alien74
  • Alien74

Player Hater

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:30 AM Edited by Alien1337, 17 February 2017 - 03:20 PM.

I love John's wife.. she's hot as f*ck, I wish there is a "hot coffee" mode from GTA SA or anything alike.

When I approached the two missions "You Shall Know The Truth" & "And The Truth Shall Set You Free" I thought the gang's boss is John's real father, but nah.

I loved playing in Mexico and I liked that grave robber Seth.

I also like the two brothers/friends that one of them said "They call me El Rato there, which means the cat" and that scientist made my laugh my ass off every time I heard him talking.

I enjoyed playing poker so much and lasso'ing random people, lol.

• Payne Killer likes this

Lester-The-Molester
  • Lester-The-Molester

When there's no cops, anything's legal!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:18 AM

When I checked the stats while jumping between helping the rebels and the Mexican Army, I saw that I had killed 100 rebels and 100 Mexican soldiers. At that moment, all the immersion had shattered and I was completely confused. How could John murder in cold blood all of those rebels fighting for their freedom and then have the balls to go back to their camp and just act as if he did nothing?

Efreet
  • Efreet

Has your mother finished mourning your father?

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:33 PM

When I checked the stats while jumping between helping the rebels and the Mexican Army, I saw that I had killed 100 rebels and 100 Mexican soldiers. At that moment, all the immersion had shattered and I was completely confused. How could John murder in cold blood all of those rebels fighting for their freedom and then have the balls to go back to their camp and just act as if he did nothing?

This is one of the reasons why the Mexico part of the story is my least favorite. I think that Rockstar could've written a better story in Nuevo Paraiso, but do you remember when Archer Fordham told Marston that he ran like a headless chicken in Mexico looking for Bill Williamson? it was a fitting description for what John did there and goes well along the story.   

Lester-The-Molester
  • Lester-The-Molester

When there's no cops, anything's legal!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:15 PM

This is one of the reasons why the Mexico part of the story is my least favorite. I think that Rockstar could've written a better story in Nuevo Paraiso, but do you remember when Archer Fordham told Marston that he ran like a headless chicken in Mexico looking for Bill Williamson? it was a fitting description for what John did there and goes well along the story.   

Yeah, but still. You're right, though. They could've definitely wrote this part better, like maybe give John better motivation to actually help the Mexican Army rather than "we'll help you find Williamson but first you gotta murder every rebel you see".

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:06 AM

I love assaulting Dos Hermanas, and killing every Hermana I see with the shotgun, the double-barrel one.

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:52 AM

The first two times I attempted to play RDR, I absolutely hated it and grew bored of it within the first hour. Over time, playing it again, it kind of grew on me and as I progressed in the story really came to enjoy the game. I'm not a huge fan of Wild Westerns but like I said, it grows on me.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:40 PM

I love Bonnie and right now, starting my third playthrough, I still want John to dump his wife for her.  Even though he's an honorable man (the way I play him) and wouldn't do it.

Seth creeps me the hell out and I tried really hard to kill him on my first play.

The passage to Mexico sequence is the best thing I've experienced in a video game.  So simple but it gave me goosebumps the first time, when I had no idea it was coming. 

The biggest mistake in the game, and the only thing I really dislike about it, is what an annoying jackass Jack Marston is.  With some open world games I just keep playing them long past the end of the story, but with Red Dead I've stopped after the last mission each time.

The second biggest mistake in the game is that multiplayer is just a vacant wasteland.  I wish I liked it more.

Regardless of the above two points, this remains perhaps my favorite game of all time.  The next one, whenever it arrives, is a blind purchase for me.

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:19 PM

You completely missed the point if your take away was that the rebels were fighting for freedom. 

Reyes is no better than Allende, he orders protesters shot for f*ck's sake. John's dialogue towards Reyes reflects this pretty heavily. 

John only gets involved in the conflict to find Bill and Javier, which is why he actively plays both sides until Allende tried to bump him off.

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:36 AM

I like playing as Jack. Sure some people say he's whiny, but give him a chance. Both of his parents passed away faster than you can say "Work you damn nab".

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

☭ rip sven ☭

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:22 PM

I've never played past Blackwater in Undead Nightmare.

straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:59 PM

I had this game on the PS3 but then I went to EBGames and traded in for some games I don't even remember.

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

WE STILL LIVE

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:44 PM Edited by Midnight Hitman, 26 July 2016 - 08:45 PM.

I plan to buy this game with the last money i have, finally i found a copy sitting around in a shop. I wanted this f*cking game since forever, don't judge me damnit!

Rent can wait.

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:38 AM

^you missing out motherfu*ker.

• Payne Killer and The Deadite like this

NearExpansion
  • NearExpansion

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:17 PM

I was fortunate to get the game on my last day in a job and had a full summer playing the off line game before venturing into the online world.  Definitely a very memorable set of characters, even the ones who should be annoying (West Dickens, Seth, Irish) help John so they can't be disliked.  Good idea to have varying intensity of online experiences (I'm a crap shooter at the best of times), loved the mini games especially outwitting people at Liars Dice.  Still remember my first hideout attack at Pike's Basin and being impressed by the intensity and achievement on completion. However, the mountain cats attack in the snowy hills was utterly frustrating, took me hours to lure them to the cabin and finally reach the kill target. Great fun with posse mine attacks, slamming cannon balls into the army from the top of the fortress.  Never ever managed a melee kill on a bear.  Also, very few hackers/modders in RDR compared to the worst days of GTAO.  Got the Undead game and was fun but ultimately a short experience, online wave survival game obviously lifted to GTAO.

• Mister Pink likes this

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:20 AM

I don't wanted to kill any animals.

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:44 AM Edited by Niobium, 28 July 2016 - 04:46 AM.

Spoiler

• Absar J Khan likes this

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:31 PM

- I don't like killing horses.

- If my horse ever dies, I just reload my save file.

- I have only used the Improved Campsite once.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:33 PM Edited by Neon_Dreaming, 28 July 2016 - 10:34 PM.

I got a genuine shock when I completed the Flowers for a Lady sidequest, I thought it was going to be a nice moment in between John's quest, but no, it was not.
  • Mister Pink, Awesom-0 and The Deadite like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

WE STILL LIVE

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:57 AM

-I skin every animal on sight if possible.
-I get hungry at the skinning sound.
(Yes, i wrote that right)
-I got parts of the game spoiled by idiots.

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:33 PM Edited by Awesom-0, 31 July 2016 - 05:36 PM.

* I very rarely (if ever) use the campfire fast travel or use taxis in RDR, as id rather just ride my horse everywhere.

* I find it pretty funny to make my own unicorn using a horse and an axe.

* Ive 100% completed both RDR and Undead Nightmare.

• Mister Pink likes this

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:14 PM

Sometimes I get hungry for sausages whenever I'm skinning an animal.

• The Deadite likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:22 AM

jack wasn't that bad
  • Awesom-0 and eCola like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:54 AM

As Jack or John, I would ride to Thieves Landing and wait for that 'lil interactive event when saving a hogtied prostitute. I would complete the event and place the hogtied prostitute on my horse and ride back to the Marston Ranch and place and untie the hogtied lady. She would then clean my house.

Originally I put her on my bed and untied her............but nothing happened. Guess my charming ways weren't good enough.

• Niobium likes this

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:17 PM

Confession about the game:

On first playtrought, i never really loved RDR. Sure, it's a good game, but it was released during the "sad era" of videogame and i was fed up of "serious" games with a dramatic twist at the end. Gta IV, MGS IV, TLAD... RDR was (unfortunately) just one too many for my taste

On my next playtroughts... well, actually there was only one more. Never finished that, got bored.

I can objectively say that RDR is a good game... but i can't really go into it no matter what.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:44 PM

I have never let John's honour go down intentionally, I have to play the game as a good guy or else I feel strangely guilty. Anytime I want to raise hell I have to use the bandana so the honour stat remains unchanged.
  • Caysle and eCola like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users