bodyparts
  • bodyparts

Ай лав США

• The Connection
  • Sweden

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:24 PM

The Filmmaker Topic

k1Q3IDw.gif

Here I thought all kinds of filmmakers from amateur birthday cameraholders to Hollywood audio engineers could discuss filmmaking while wanking eachother off to the crisp sounds of a Clockwork Orange. Welcome.

• Mister Pink, Android and Switch like this

seven50iL
  • seven50iL

Bmw Over Bullsh*t

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:57 PM

Fav vid editor? I like premire pro and final cut

bodyparts
  • bodyparts

Ай лав США

• The Connection
  • Sweden

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:22 PM

oh f*ck, forgot about this. was about to kick off a starter but it must've slipped my mind.

Anyway, adobe all the way, man. I'm poor as f*ck right now, but I got a couple of b-list friends so I tend to use theirs.

Alpha Demigod
  • Alpha Demigod

I love peace and I love all of you

• Members
  • Canada
  • Best Closet Brony 2016

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:36 PM

I love filmmaking. Only problem is I can't talk about it too much on here because my films and artwork usually have my real name on them, and I want to stay anon. But f*ck, I would love to just geek out on cinematography and VFX and talk about it in this friendly game community.

bodyparts
  • bodyparts

Ай лав США

• The Connection
  • Sweden

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:09 PM

^this.

ya shouldn't feel the need to show us your work to discuss it, just like in the graff topic. although if anyone wants to post their films they're very welcome to do so. :)

if anyone is wondering about anything regarding filmmaking, I'm sure that there are people on these forums with a decent answer if my amateur ass fail to perform.

cheers boners.

Alpha Demigod
  • Alpha Demigod

I love peace and I love all of you

• Members
  • Canada
  • Best Closet Brony 2016

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:22 PM Edited by PM-ME-YOUR-TITS-GIRL, 13 July 2016 - 08:26 PM.

Okay. I'll start.

I'm not a professional or anything. I'm an independent, but not even a "proper" one. I haven't gone to film school nor do I have a studio. I don't even go to school for film, but business instead. At heart, I'm just a deadbeat college kid who owns a DSLR camera and likes to make videos. I like to make them look as professional as I can and follow professional workflows. I make screenplays, storyboards, and produce my shots. I then use my VFX skills to make them look even better.

How "legit" are you guys? Or are you just hobbyists like me?

• Mister Pink and bodyparts like this

SLUMPUSSY
  • SLUMPUSSY

the streets is cold dawg like it says in the book

• The Yardies
  • Macau
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:18 AM

i'd like to eventually get a camera to film skateboarding i mean i've f*cked around with entry level dslrs (1100ds) and some 3ccds but id like to grab either the sony vx1000 with the century optics mk1 lens

2d387f96c825b1b14c2e6931a924843f.jpg

or a canon xm2/gl2 with the same lens. old cameras now (vx 1995 xm2 2002) but a vx1000/mk1 combo beats any sort of hd bullsh*t in my eyes. for a loooong time (talking mid 90s up until 07/08) the vx1000 was the camera to film skateboarding until certain directors started taking it towards HD, cameras on cranes all that bullsh*t like if i watch a skate video i want it up close and raw not flying around on dollies.

its still relatively expensive though a good condition vx1k would be £400/500 without the lens and maybe £800 with if you get a good deal but with it being such an old camera theres also the fact you may have to pay for repairs, better off using a seperate camera to capture the footage from since its mini dv tapes and you dont wanna wear out the heads, then you actually have to buy the tapes etc but f*ck that 4:3 aspect ratio with the colours is so worth it

prime example of the colours minus the fact the dude didnt turn off steadyshot so the fisheye vignetting is bouncing around

• bodyparts likes this

bodyparts
  • bodyparts

Ай лав США

• The Connection
  • Sweden

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:40 AM

back in the days my friends and I used to stick our ancient nokias to a mopedhelmet with duct tape to film a POV of us skating down a hill in 60mph, then we would mash it all together to some dank ODB beat with windows movie maker. :)

The filming equipment hasn't changed to the better tbh, but I would say that the quality of the films have. But as said, I can borrow my b-list buddy's camera from time to time. Canon xf200 iirc
  • Mister Pink likes this

SLUMPUSSY
  • SLUMPUSSY

• The Yardies
  • Macau
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:50 PM

in a strange but totally stoked way of events and wanting a camera i was moving some stuff for my uncle and dug out this sh*t

6060759_9346234653.jpg

panasonic nv ds30. anyway he's letting me have the f*ckin thing so im gonna order this sh*t

OPTEKA_43MM_3X_1000.jpg

which should give footage similar to this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:08 PM

I edit and use After Effects only.

It's mostly just a hobby.

bodyparts
  • bodyparts

Ай лав США

• The Connection
  • Sweden

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

Using after effects directly on the footage without using any other editor first is like using a razorblade directly on a six inch beard without cutting it first imho. After effects is to me only for ruining a completely decent movie by throwing in dragons and fire and sh*t. :p

SLUMPUSSY
  • SLUMPUSSY

• The Yardies
  • Macau
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:12 AM

its lit boys

0jmgpar.jpg

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

Been listening to the Indie Film Hustle podcast. Very encouraging podcast. 

Cheat
  • Cheat

HiiiPower

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:13 PM Edited by Cheat, 03 February 2017 - 04:59 AM.

I downloaded Lightworks to edit this short film we made with a bunch of friends. My computer is definitely not designed for this kind of stuff - it's an office laptop from 2010 - but it's been doing its job surprisingly well, except for one thing. There's an audio lag, as in when I'm editing the audio drags behind by a substantial amount, basically making editing impossible. It doesn't exist in the imported product, though, just in editing phase. It didn't happen at first but it's gotten gradually worse and like I said, it's gotten to the point where I really can't work at all. I'm wondering if this means I'm just screwed with this computer or if switching to a less demanding software would work?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users