Photo

Bands/Artists You Instantly Loved After Hearing One Track

42 replies to this topic
Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:25 AM Edited by SprayPaintedCraniums, 01 July 2016 - 01:27 AM.

Title got cut off, which bands did you instantly love after listening to just one of their songs?...For me it's Macabre, I heard about a band that writes songs about serial killers, and I thought to myself: Sounds like my kind of band...I was originally going to listen to all of their albums in the chronological order, starting with Grim Reality...But when I found out that they wrote an entire album about Jeffrey Dahmer, my fanboyism forced me to skip all of their previous albums, and listen to that one first...I instantly loved the album, and the band after listening the opening song...

When Jeffrey Was A Boy

He Didn't Like His Toys

Instead He'd Dissect Roadkill

Because That's What He Enjoyed

Genius lyrics, the drummer's a pro, and come on! They write songs about serial killers, it's awesome...So what about you guys?

Shakermaker
  • Shakermaker

Black Hole Sun

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:42 PM

Audioslave. When I listened to that riff in Show Me How To Live for the first time it was like "WHOA!". No other band hooked me so quickly:

• Aviator10 likes this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:25 AM

Intergalactic Lovers kinda....it's the only group i ever considered going see if they ever give a liveshow in my proximity.

Did not happen yet...but maybe one day, i might.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

I'm lost at sea, don't bother me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:46 PM

Radiohead!

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:37 PM

Radiohead!

Please, no one-word posts.

Thanks and Radiohead are great. 

I think all the bands I love and by love I mean bands I have the whole discography or at least 3 albums. Depeche Mode, AIR, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Beck

Hardluck
  • Hardluck

4+

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:41 PM Edited by HardluckStyle, 06 July 2016 - 11:42 PM.

Martin Garrix.

Blasterjaxx.

Bassjackers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJw7GmyuSPs

Horse_With_No_Name
  • Horse_With_No_Name

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:55 AM

"Hotel California" made me fall in love with the Eagles

"Rocky Mountain High" made me a fan of John Denver

"Have You Ever Seen the Rain" for CCR.
  • Suzuki Azure Vulpine and Night Machine like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:43 AM

Sleep, Lightning Bolt, Dinosaur, Sonic Youth, Nirvana, CCR, Black Sabbath (the first music I ever heard, apparently)... ah f*ck, I'm just a massive fan of music, I simply can't list all of the acts that have hooked me instantly. 

• Mister Pink and Natasha like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:13 PM

Sleep, Lightning Bolt, Dinosaur, Sonic Youth, Nirvana, CCR, Black Sabbath (the first music I ever heard, apparently)... ah f*ck, I'm just a massive fan of music, I simply can't list all of the acts that have hooked me instantly. 

Last night I was half way through a post and then abandoned it. The amount of bands where I loved one track then went of to have all their albums is too much. It would drive you nuts trying to list them all. I'd say especially for you Fuzz given the massive music head you are. 

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:22 PM Edited by El Diablo, 07 July 2016 - 06:33 PM.

too many to name... but off the top of my head?

the Black Keys.

I heard Stack Shot Billy and thought it was some old ass blues song I had never heard before.

when I realized it was brand new music I was immediately sold.

they've become more poppy lately, but their roots are all Delta blues and garage rock.

Tonguegirl
  • Tonguegirl

You being turned on is what turns me on. Anything goes baby.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:14 AM

The Verve; History.

EvilPickle12
  • EvilPickle12

randomly pops up

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:29 AM Edited by EvilPickle12, 05 August 2016 - 08:31 AM.

The Weeknd, i heard The Hills and i REALLY liked it, right now i'm listening to his mixtapes and Kiss Land

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:10 AM

The Dub Pistols, Les Savy Fav, Mayer Hawthorne, Big KRIT, D'Angelo. Among others.

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Jonny Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:13 PM Edited by jrl51592, 16 November 2016 - 03:14 PM.

For me it would be the band, Insomnium. They're a melodic death metal band that I fell in love with after hearing them for the first time on one of my stations on Pandora. If you want to check them out, here's one of my favorite albums from them.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:15 AM

too many to name... but off the top of my head?

the Black Keys.

I heard Stack Shot Billy and thought it was some old ass blues song I had never heard before.

when I realized it was brand new music I was immediately sold.

<snip>

they've become more poppy lately, but their roots are all Delta blues and garage rock.

<snip>

Came in here to post the same exact band as you. Think it was after hearing Little Black Submarines, and I'm not even sure how or when I heard it, probably off a game, but instantly made me want the album it came from, making me realise I'd heard their stuff before without realising, namely Gold On The Ceiling, which appears in adverts if I'm right? Anyway, an album lead to a couple more albums, which lead to getting their full discography, which has now lead to them been in my top 5 bands of all time. Turn Blue was, different, but still brilliant in it's own way.

• El Diablo likes this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:29 AM

Chase & Status - heard "Pieces" in NFS Shift

Rocket Skates
  • Rocket Skates

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:33 AM

Reel Big Fish.

Professor SmackaDabbah
  • Professor SmackaDabbah

Dananananananana she really loves to break

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:16 PM

Smashing Pumpkins, after I heard 1979 in IV

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:29 PM

Nas.

Came across that shortly after watching Leon the Professional for the first time. Fell in love with the amazing lyricism, storytelling and beats. Truly the greatest of all time.

• Sir Michael likes this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

You can do anything once.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:41 AM Edited by Sir Michael, 16 December 2016 - 12:43 AM.

^ I think the first song I heard from him was either "One Mic" or "Made You Look," afterwards I started diving a bit deeper into his songs. I go through phases where I try to stop listening to Rap (currently in one right now), but whenever a Nas song pop up, I can't help but listen to the song. Him and that generation of rappers had the perfect combination of lyrical content, flow delivery, and beat production. 

A band I instantly loved is CHVRCHES. I actually heard them first on Forza Horizon 2, one of the stations on the game has "The Mother We Share" on it. I didn't know their name at the time since I wasn't paying attention to the names, but I eventually heard more of their songs on Spotify. A remix of "Clearest Blue" popped up on one of the playlists I listened to, and I later heard the original version on Forza Horizon 3; the original version is personally one of my favorite songs from them. Their music is very catchy, I've been hooked ever since. :)

Then there's Megadeth, Iron Maiden, The Weeknd, Bass Drum of Death, the list goes on actually.

• Warlord. likes this

Eternal Donkey
  • Eternal Donkey

Lady Kush :)(:

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:53 AM

I have many,but the most remarkable one was Milton Jackson,with this track

Guy is simply genius,perfect track and perfect musician.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:42 AM

^ I think the first song I heard from him was either "One Mic" or "Made You Look," afterwards I started diving a bit deeper into his songs. I go through phases where I try to stop listening to Rap (currently in one right now), but whenever a Nas song pop up, I can't help but listen to the song. Him and that generation of rappers had the perfect combination of lyrical content, flow delivery, and beat production. 

I feel ya man. I have the same thing. I feel like what sets Nas apart from most other rappers is how he's mainly about the art and the technical intricacies involved in the art form rather than bloating up his ego. I can listen to Nas at any time because he's just so good at what he does.

• Sir Michael likes this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

You can do anything once.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:51 AM

I agree about his focus on the artistic aspect of Rap. He's always been down to earth and consistent, there haven't been times where I thought that he purposefully dumbed down his content to pump more sales. More artists with his emphasis on the genre would be a breath of fresh air in an environment dominated by hype songs and artists that can only maintain a notable following for a few months at a minimum.

PeppersGhost08
  • PeppersGhost08

Part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:04 PM

For me it's got to be Crobot. I learnt they were going to be the support act when I saw Airbourne a few weeks ago so naturally I checked them out...

...and my god, instant love. I hear elements of Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Slash, modern 70's rock revival, Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, Soundgarden and a bunch of others.

There's so much groove and swagger in their music and it's infectiously foot tapping!

Rambo_AFC
  • Rambo_AFC

EC F'N W

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:05 PM

Back in 2000 I fell in love with Slipknot after hearing Purity and Diluted.

f*cking love them still.

Irish45455
  • Irish45455

Irish45455

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:53 PM

Motorhead. I forget which Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game it was (Methinks it was 3 or 4) that had "Ace of Spades" on it, but I listened to that song on repeat and just fell in love with Lemmy and his music. And most recently. Ghost. I was listening to Motorhead Radio on Pandora while filling out job apps, and a song came on that I'd never heard which didn't really fit with the stuff that had been playing. I heard a bit of it, and was like, "Nah. F*ck this." and skipped it. The lyrics kept nagging at me though so I looked it up on YouTube and just like with "Ace of Spades" I listened to "Square Hammer" over and over to the point where I got a headache. Listened to some other Ghost songs like "Year Zero" and "Per Aspera Ad Inferi" and just got hooked.

Queen
  • Queen

Musical Prostitute

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Best Queen Fan
    Nicest Member 2016

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:53 PM

Queen.

• Nico likes this

Synthol
  • Synthol

Credit:purevil101

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

Wonderwall made me love Oasis.

Nico
  • Nico

Amused to death

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:01 PM

The Alan Parsons Project.

First song I heard was "Don't Answer Me" on the radio, like forever ago. Never really cared about them, until I found "I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You" on V, and shortly after I found someone who posted "Eye in the Sky" on the "rate the previous song" thread. The song was very badly rated by the following poster, and the guy who posted it insulted him, critiquing his musical taste (the reply with the rating contained a rap song or similar). I reported the guy for his inmature behavior, and then I listened to the song he posted.

I spent a couple of hours trying to find videos of the song with better audio quality. After that I became a fan.
  • Queen likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Musical Prostitute

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Best Queen Fan
    Nicest Member 2016

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

^I agree with you about Alan Parsons Project. Fab band. Thanks to GTA V and a co worker who gave me a copy of their debut album I was instantly hooked.

• Nico likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users