Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:29 AM

Undead Nightmare was the first game, movie, TV show etc that included zombies that I loved. Before that if I saw something had zombies in it I stayed away as the whole genre just didn't appeal to me. However being bored and having some spare money lead me to buying Undead Nightmare and it sparked my love of everything to do with zombies. The game itself was great and while it kept close enough to the RDR game it was also unique enough to make it feel seperate from the base game. So thanks to Undead Nightmare not only do I love zombie games now but I also love zombie movies, TV shows, books etc.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:40 AM

I enjoyed it but it was nowhere near as good as the main game. A fun distraction and an interesting new bit of content, but nothing more than that, really. 

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:49 AM

I'm playing through this and the base game. Man, I love it even more now that I'm trying to unlock the Army Of Darkness inspired outfit.

Army-of-Darkness.jpg?x80128

reddeadundead.jpg
Hail to the kings, baby!
  • MiamiViceCity, PhillBellic, ClaudeSpeed1911 and 3 others like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

YOU ARE SO SMALL ITS FUNNY TO ME

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:22 PM

That's some groovy sh*t right there.

• Payne Killer and Vik like this

G.T.
  • G.T.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:55 AM

I am a big fan of zombies. I like how Rockstar includes zombie elements in the game. It makes the game more tense.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:35 PM

It was good, for a zombie game.

I mostly liked getting to ride around on the special horses.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Cook-Islands

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:51 PM

No it's s**t with dark and depressing atmosphere. Like any other zombie game.

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:35 PM

I was a big fan of the Undead Nightmare. The part where John's Family gets infected was a nice addition. It was worth downloading. I hope it gets some sort of revamp when RDR 2 gets released.

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:24 PM

Yes, I did, and that's coming from someone who's not into zombie-themed games. it's not because I liked blowing zombie's heads off, but because I enjoyed the story and the interactions with the original Redemption characters like Seth. Rockstar handled the zombie comedy very well in that expansion.

Aerosmithfan999
  • Aerosmithfan999

The Wackiness Returns

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:11 AM

I really enjoyed playing through the story of Undead Nightmare. Despite the fact that zombie games are ubiquitous, I love the way Rockstar incorporated zombies into the old west setting. Out of all the games I've played in my life, this definitely ranks as one of the most unique. The atmospheric presence of Undead Nightmare is very memorable.

Android
  • Android

gas exists

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:12 AM

I have to admit.. I never played it before. From what everybody says, it's a great expansion, I just wish I personally tried it out. 

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:03 PM

Playing through this again at the moment. Fun times.

NBCtGmx.png

• Spider-Vice likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

I enjoyed the main game but this has to be the worst game I have ever played. I absolutely hate it.

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Mad Max

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:11 PM Edited by Wu-Tang Forever, 02 February 2017 - 05:16 PM.

I'd have much rather had a more EfLC-esque DLC, but as it is, I liked it. I was skeptical as hell because I was sick to death of zombies around the time this came out, and to me, after they made such a perfect, authentic world, it felt kinda stupid.

But when I finally played it, I really enjoyed it. What made it work so surprisingly well for me is that it's not just a zombie game - rather, they added in a bunch more Weird West/folklore trappings like the Chupacabra and even the Sasquatch (and the ending to that sidequest... damn), and working the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse into the game as four horses you can find, break and ride was a brilliant idea. It was also pretty fun how they turned the formula into a zombie survival game with limited ammunition and hordes of undead that can attack you at any time. And the music was freaking great!

God I love the lyrics in this song. "The bells are ringing for the end of the line now / Feels like I'm rowing right down the Styx / But I don't care, I can kill anything, with a gun and a knife and a crucifix" is just so badass.

My only real gripe is that

Spoiler

It's basically just a fun little Treehouse of Horror episode of RDR and doesn't take itself too seriously, while still being pretty damn creepy and frightening at times. Even though I'd still have rather seen a more "serious" DLC that adds to the main story, this is still a fun time I don't regret owning.

And wasn't Red Dead Revolver originally going to be a Weird West game when it was being developed by Capcom, but was made into a more grounded spaghetti western when Rockstar picked it up? I haven't heard anything about that early version of the having zombies (the weirdest thing I've seen is that it had a character who could fly), but either way, this still feels like a cheeky acknowledgement of the original plan for Capcom's RDR.

• HaythamKenway and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:06 PM

The thing about this game is it shows how well R* can make a zombie game. I dont know how well it would work in a more modern time, but I'm sure they can get it right.
  • ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:01 AM Edited by toxluv, 03 February 2017 - 01:03 AM.

I still think that Rockstar Games made Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare to pay homage to Capcom and their vision of the original Red Dead (Revolver) since it was supposed to have over-the-top characteristics. Just take a look at Capcom's Darkwatch: Curse of the West to understand what I'm talking about.

On-topic: I never played Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare even though I had Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition. Once I kill all those f*cking pigeons in GTAIV, play as a dead biker, and have some fun in GTA: The Ballad of Gay Tony's nightlife, I'm going to play Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition, and I'm really looking forward to mutilate them zombies. Even though I feel like zombies are overused in media, who cares? If they're used amazingly, then let it be amazing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users