» «
Photo

Did you like Undead Nightmare?

45 replies to this topic
MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:24 PM

Being a fan of zombie flicks (Really anything made by Romero) I absolutely loved Undead Nightmare even if it's been a few years since the last time I played it.

The old west is perfect for a zombie apocalypse IMO. It also had a great, chilling atmosphere. I actually thought the zombified animals were more terrifying. It's an uneasy feeling walking through Tall Trees at night with nothing, but a torch and fearing you might get mauled by a zombie Cougar or Grizzly.

Oh yeah and riding through Jorge's Gap for the first time and realising I was riding into a nasty horde of zombies is something I won't forget.

It was a short game, but seeing as it was DLC I think it achieved its goal.:)
  • 018361, vnus_dmlo, Niobium and 3 others like this

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:37 PM

Yes I did.  I wish R* did more DLC like they did for IV and RDR; amazing story DLC.

• Failure, MiamiViceCity and Misunderstood like this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:09 PM

got a confession to make: only played the DLC for 15 minutes.....wanted to get back to it at some point but never got around to do that, and then I sold my PS3 with all the games.

my problem with it: DO NOT LIKE ZOMBIES....I seemingly can't get into "anything" that includes the brain dead weirdos....

• MiamiViceCity, Street Mix, Ollie23 and 1 other like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:54 PM

The zombies actually somehow made both Tall Trees and Tumbleweed less creepy for me compared to the main game. I guess when you know that there's supernatural stuff going on it makes it less creepy since you're expecting it.

In the main game, I'll be in Tumbleweed and it will be all quiet and ominous especially near the mansion. But in the DLC, the zombies add some life around (or what little life they have) which makes it less ominous, for me at least.

• MiamiViceCity, vnus_dmlo and The Deadite like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:59 PM

The zombies actually somehow made both Tall Trees and Tumbleweed less creepy for me compared to the main game. I guess when you know that there's supernatural stuff going on it makes it less creepy since you're expecting it.

In the main game, I'll be in Tumbleweed and it will be all quiet and ominous especially near the mansion. But in the DLC, the zombies add some life around (or what little life they have) which makes it less ominous, for me at least.

I get what you mean. I find things more creepy when I don't know what to except which is why generally I don't find zombie games/movies to be that scary.

The zombified animals are slightly different because they lurk and literally come out of no where whereas you can see hordes of zombies in the distance.
  • vnus_dmlo, D9fred95 and Payne Killer like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:35 PM

At first I was against the idea, zombies in the Wild West? Using the same characters from the original game again and potentially turning them into jokes? Hell no

But I was pleasantly surprised. It was a lot of fun, with Tlad one of the best DLC's ever. I liked seeing all the characters again, the creepy atmosphere, the zombie variation and those cool new horses etc. Sadly it seems Rockstar's days of making good SP DLC's is over, its all about f*cking Online now.

• MiamiViceCity and vnus_dmlo like this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:56 PM

I enjoyed the Hell of Undead nightmare. Favorite weapon was indeed the Blunderbuss. I really like blowing their brains out.

• MiamiViceCity likes this

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:10 AM Edited by 018361, 29 June 2016 - 01:10 AM.

Yes, Definitely. It was a very fitting DLC for the game in my opinion and just like OP said the zombie animals just made it better. 

• MiamiViceCity likes this

Rocket Skates
  • Rocket Skates

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:07 AM

Yep, I thought it was a great addition to an otherwise already great game.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:56 PM

I never finished it. :(

I started it up, and was enjoying it, but IDK I hit like a point where I just started playing other stuff and it kinda got lost in the shuffle. I still have my 360 and RDR but I haven't felt like going back to finish it. I will enevually, would be nice if MS hurried their ass up and makes it Backwards on the Xbone. 

Switch
  • Switch

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Iraq

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:27 AM

I regret i never got to play it.. Didn't have money to spend on it when it first came out and then i had already sold my xbox 360 when it was too late already.

Alien1337
  • Alien1337

Player Hater

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:55 AM

To be honest I didn't play it much.. dude it's so f*cking difficult (atleast for me) I used to run out of ammo and those fast as f*ck zombies appearing out of grass and attacking me while I need sh*t loads of ammo to take them down...

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Deep down, stronger than all.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:18 AM

I loved it. I loved it when I ran out of ammo and had to switch to the blunderbuss while being overrun by zombies.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:08 PM

The plot was OK and defending towns was little more than filler.  I loved the way the look and sound of RDR was transformed for Undead Nightmare.  I also enjoyed the side quests based on popular folk lore, including unlocking steeds such as the Unicorn.

Achlys
  • Achlys

Rawr

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:27 PM

Yes, I love zombies, literally...

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2016 - 10:47 PM Edited by Piggsy pls, 03 July 2016 - 10:58 PM.

It's one of the only zombie games I actually like, I love the atmosphere and it's a nice break from the main game, more action. The whole DlC gives me a creepy vibe, especially at night, it reminds me a lot of Manhunt. The soundtrack was also killer.

One of my favorite things to do was to go by Aurora Basin, Stillwater Creek, and Montana's Ford, and drown zombie using the lasso. Since the water in those areas is safe to go in, you can just jump right in and reel them in with you. And you'll be completely safe since they're coded not to follow you into water. :p

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:10 AM Edited by RogerWho, 04 July 2016 - 03:14 AM.

Like I mentioned in the confessions thread, I've never ever launched it and don't intend to. Not only are zombies old news and impossibly annoying at this point, they were never interesting. Unless somebody gets around to make something with proper original zombies (the ones from Haitian folklore), I'm not touching anything with zombies in it.

Spoiler

• MiamiViceCity and Street Mix like this

Alien1337
  • Alien1337

Player Hater

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 05 July 2016 - 02:23 AM

Ok ok Zombieland is an exception to the rule but only because Emma Stone is in it. I hope they won't make a sequel with her because I'd had to watch it too. sh*t.

Gotta love Emma Stone <3, bud'.

• The Deadite likes this

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

gregg rulz ok

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:48 PM

I think Undead Nightmare provides the most fitting over the top experience in a Video Game.

Is it over the top for a game like RDR? Yes.

But it fits so well into the universe it's set in, and I even sometimes imagine that it's slightly canon (even though the storylines make no sense compared to the original, such as Nastas being around when John is with his family, and MacDougal still in Blackwater.)

• Payne Killer likes this

JosephStalin
  • JosephStalin

Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.

• BUSTED!
  • Russia

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:39 PM Edited by FuckingYokel, 15 July 2016 - 10:41 PM.

To be honest no, I hate horror, I would have rathered a prequel with John & the Gang or a story centred around Landon Ricketts when he was younger. but that would have been no way near as popular so I don't blame Rockstar for going down the horror route.

To be fair I really like this scene. YOU EAT BABIES!  I have a bit of an obsession with bigfoot as does Rockstar it seems. 

• vnus_dmlo and Payne Killer like this

SirGrandTheft
  • SirGrandTheft

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:12 PM

Yes i loved Undead Nightmare it was a great addition to RDR.

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

BRAINSSS

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:56 AM Edited by Midnight Hitman, 16 August 2016 - 12:58 AM.

Yes, a lot.

Not as much as the main campaign but still a lot. There's not much after the story is over, the knife was changed for the torch (for some reason), map "changes" are lazy, the zombie animals are not as effective as the live ones and it was too short but is still RDR... WITH ZOMBIES! Is obviously an odd mix but is really effective.

The soundtrack is another kind of awesome, there's variety in zombies types (my favorite are the ones who crawl like animals) zombies are really well programed (is just the best to blow their heads off and see them dropping dead) the supernatural steeds, Bigfoot (kill me, but i wouldn't mind if he was part of the main campaign) and finally, the change of scenery proves to be quite funny (Seth dancing with the undead is just priceless)
The only thing that would make better everything is if John could find Ross and eat his brains.

Also:

Undead John Marston >>>>> Jack Marston
  • vnus_dmlo, Piggsy pls and Payne Killer like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:47 AM

Considering that I don't like the whole Zombie Theme in General Pop Culture, I quite enjoyed this alternate take on the Red Dead Redemption World.

• Piggsy pls and Neon_Dreaming like this

mx5
  • mx5

Vice City P.I.M.P

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:07 AM

I f*cking loved it, at the time it was pretty fresh. Now, i f*cking hate zombie games. A hole that has been f*cked to dry bone. 

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:36 PM Edited by Original Light, 19 August 2016 - 11:36 PM.

I loved it. It also had infinite replay value, for me at least. Heck, I can't even count how many times I'd just go out in that alleyway ditch in Pikes Creek, or whatever it's called, and just slaughter hordes of zombies for hours on end while looting all of their dead corpses. 

• The Deadite likes this

DarksunDaFirst
  • DarksunDaFirst

High Elder of the UnSeelie Court

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:58 AM

I really havent been into the zombie craze that came about in 2008/09...but I really enjoyed Undead Nightmare. Only other zombie games I liked was Dead Nation and TLOU Remastered.

Hyperlith
  • Hyperlith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:41 AM

I really havent been into the zombie craze that came about in 2008/09...but I really enjoyed Undead Nightmare. Only other zombie games I liked was Dead Nation and TLOU Remastered.

The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned

Mion
  • Mion

KD*

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:04 AM

It's the only RDR I got and It's super fun to play online zombie mode.

RandompedestrianfromLC
  • RandompedestrianfromLC

Liberty City

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:54 PM

Not.

I like red dead redemption and walking dead a lot, but I dont want to mix them.

Worst story ever. ,,and it just suddenly ends, when you think you have played only half of it.

When it ended, I dint even know it did. I just kept playing it like one day thinkin there will be more missions coming,

until: Wait a minute.. did this story end allready? f*ck! I was pissed off

I tought that I had to take over all the towns to get more missions. I did and nothing happened :lol:

..am I only one, that experiensed that?

• Street Mix likes this

Khr0nic_420
  • Khr0nic_420

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:01 AM

Yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users