Photo

Grand Theft Auto: Max Pack - a complete pack ala GOG

75 replies to this topic
Digimanbyte
  • Digimanbyte

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Thank you for this. You did a great job!

• Toshiba-3 likes this

adjwillia
  • adjwillia

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Thanks alot for this- awesome job- cant get the link to work still however- any idea when it will be back up?

Toshiba-3
  • Toshiba-3

Building a better polygon

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Should be good now. Apache config changed apparently :|

adjwillia
  • adjwillia

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Thanks for that- I could download it now. However it now says that the file is damaged and needs to ejected or moved to trash. Im on Mac 10.12 though so that could be the problem?

Toshiba-3
  • Toshiba-3

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

I guess you tried downloading it again? I have a lot of error 206 with this server.

I don't have an OSX VM atm to test it but as it's packed with the usual Apple DMG it should work with any OSX version (it worked with 10.11).

You can also try another software to mount/open it like 7zip.

Don't hesitate to share your feedback once you get it working (or not...) as I don't hear much from the OSX users :)

forelle94
  • forelle94

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Germany

Posted 5 days ago

First of all I'd like to thank you, because I've never been able to run GTA properly on my PC. With your great work I was able to play through Liberty City without any problems :)

But now in San Andreas/Mandarin Mayhem there is a very annoying bug. In the mission where you have to kill the lawyers the game crashes and sends me back into the main menu. This happens everytime I kill the last of the four lawyers and it's really annoying, because I want to play every mission :/

Is there anyone who knows a way to get around this bug? Is there even a way to fail this particular mission?

I tried, but there is no time limit and even if I die it goes on. There is another mission that follows immediately after that and I would like to play it, but I can't without completing (or failing) the mission that comes before...

Toshiba-3
  • Toshiba-3

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Annoying! :(

Helegad has been able to fix another crashing mission by editing MISSION.INI. I have no idea how the debugging works though. I read that you can let the fourth lawyer (Johnsane) escape? You just don't get the gratuitous violence bonus? Maybe that bonus is triggering the crash? Thinking out loud.

I wonder if the crashes only occur in normal mode, or also in Glide/lowres modes... Also wondering if these crashes are introduced by DOSBox/DOSBox DAUM.

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 days ago

London 1961 has a similar problem too with TV Van-mission where if you complete it game will just quit entirely without any warnings and such..

Toshiba-3
  • Toshiba-3

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

Thanks for reporting these crashes, I'll definitely have to look into them for the next update.

If you guys spot more, don't hesitate to post them in here.  :breadfish:

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

wallmeerkat
  • wallmeerkat

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 hours ago Edited by wallmeerkat, 23 hours ago.

Great work Toshiba-3!

I wanted to have a blast on old school GTA - especially London. 1961 is one of the few GTAs I never completed. Launching it shows why - it is insanely difficult with timed missions!

I downloaded both Windows and Mac for my bootcamped Mac.

However trying to launch the Mac Max Pack comes up with the message:

"You can’t open the application “GTA Max Pack” because it may be damaged or incomplete."

(I'm on macOS/OSX Sierra if that has an affect?)

I had a peek through the package contents, and I already had Boxer installed, so I found the workaround:

- Launch Boxer

- Select 'Browse Your Games'

- Open the package 'GTA Max Pack' (RMC - Show Package Contents - Contents/Resources directory)

- Copy the 'GTA Max Pack.boxer' file into the Boxer shelved finder window

- Optional - Properties and hide extension :)

Brilliant work! The music even works!

Minor point about F11 for changing the resolution, as mentioned in the readme - it seems to be mapped on the mac to show desktop. Workaround - CTRL+ESC to exit fullscreen, Emulation-Send Key-F11

London 69 Cut scenes seem to work albeit the animation is out of sync with the sound

FulValBot
  • FulValBot

Snitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 22 hours ago

all music's problems on steam version are caused by mss32.dll; retail version of that file works fine

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 22 hours ago

Only problem now with windows version i can think of are the bugged cutscenes in london 61.

wallmeerkat
  • wallmeerkat

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 hours ago

I never tried the steam version.

I have the full CD versions of GTA and London 69 in the loft, however the last time I installed them and applied a no CD patch, obviously this meant no music.

Installed a "freeloader.com" version a few years ago and seem to remember it had no music either.

The music is part of the character of the games, love the 60s style reggae etc in London.

Thanks again Toshiba-3.

FulValBot
  • FulValBot

Snitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 20 hours ago Edited by FulValBot, 20 hours ago.

that no-cd patch disable all in-game and in-menu musics...

all these problems can gone only with a (impossible) GOG version... (but only with old version of game, not rockstar free version / steam version)

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

wallmeerkat
  • wallmeerkat

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 hours ago

Toshiba3's version worked brilliantly though, was my original point :)

Even got it running on my win10 tablet with glide, looks great!

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 7 hours ago

Another thing I've noticed in London 1961 is the traffic variety, most of the times the faster cars don't spawn in the traffic at all..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users