Photo

Grand Theft Auto: Max Pack - a complete pack ala GOG

75 replies to this topic
Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:55 AM Edited by Sektor, 12 August 2016 - 08:56 AM.

Jezus Holy Christ, on 12 Aug 2016 - 6:46 PM, said:
Does it work without Steam?

Yes, it doesn't use steam.

• Toshiba-3 and Ivan1997GTA like this

sammystarock
  • sammystarock

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:57 PM

Well, look at this.
I take one of my rare glances at GTAF out of boredom and I find one of the most amazing mods ever.

Great job, Toshiba-3, I love it! :D

• Toshiba-3 likes this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 September 2016 - 09:39 AM

This is simply f*cking amazing. Thank you so much for putting the work into developing this pack. I've always wanted to play real GTA with save states.

• Toshiba-3 likes this

MasterX24
  • MasterX24

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:10 PM

Hey guys, I think there´s a problem in the Grand Theft Auto 1 original game in this pack.

I can´t get pass the third level (Mandarin Mayhem - San Andreas). When I reach the goal score (2000000), I don´t receive the message to talk with Uncle Fu and finish the level. So after finishing all missions I get stuck in the game and can´t go through the next level.

I tried both normal mode and glitch mode and the problem is the same.

Am i missing something here? Is this happening only to me?

Thank you ;).

Toshiba-3
  • Toshiba-3

Building a better polygon

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:42 PM

Hello MasterX24,

I think this is a known bug? Look at this topic: http://gtaforums.com...andarin-mayhem/

I don't know if there ever was a fanmade bugfix issued for that problem.

Maybe you can try going directly to Uncle Fu's garage, despite the red arrow not showing up?

BTW I'm glad this pack was met with such enthusiasm :)

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:05 PM Edited by piko, 27 October 2016 - 11:01 PM.

Thank you. You have given me a chance to experience the only games in the series I haven't had the chance to play yet (except Advance).

Btw, I completed all Kill frenzies in Bent Cop Blues and then game just quit without any crash report or anything?

Jonathan_
  • Jonathan_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:34 PM Edited by Jonathan_, 14 November 2016 - 12:28 PM.

@ Toshiba-3: many, MANY thanks for this pack. I just stumbled upon this. I really appreciate the time and effort you've put into this. I still remember your name from Road Reaction/Carma 2 forums etc. Good times, good times.

Okay, two questions regarding your Max Pack:

1. Is there any way to enable widescreen/1920x1080x32 support using normal/software rendering of GTA and London? The widescreen fix by ThirteenAG does not work with this pack, but perhaps there is another way?

2. Under the options menu (by pressing "4", there is an option "Switch to Direct3D". Enabling this option solves the top menu bar issue, but what exactly changes when I use this setting?

EDIT:

And one question regarding the Original/Rockstar Classics release:

3. The radio stations stop playing after a few seconds. I managed to fix the "police radio while on foot" issue, but even then the radio stations stop working after a few seconds of playing time. Can this be fixed?

Best regards and once again a big pat on the back for your hard work!

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:50 AM Edited by Helegad, 20 November 2016 - 06:09 AM.

Thank you. You have given me a chance to experience the only games in the series I haven't had the chance to play yet (except Advance).

Btw, I completed all Kill frenzies in Bent Cop Blues and then game just quit without any crash report or anything?

I've fixed it. Replace MISSION.ini in GTADATA with the one provided.

Unfortunately, if you're reading this after you've met the bug, you're gonna have to do Bent Cop Blues all over again if you want the reward for all this goddamn hard work.

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

I've fixed it. Replace MISSION.ini in GTADATA with the one provided.

Unfortunately, if you're reading this after you've met the bug, you're gonna have to do Bent Cop Blues all over again if you want the reward for all this goddamn hard work.

Nice, I might not wanna do it again though, I did them all at once anyway before it crashed so that's enough for me :p Btw, I found another bug like this in GTA London 1961, the game quits automatically when I finish the TV Van-mission.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:28 AM

It'll take me a while to get to L1961, but I'll fix it when I come across it :)

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:44 PM

Alright, also I noticed there's a problem selling cars to cranes in London 1961, every car gives only 100 pounds and crane tells you to give him a chance even though hes already picked the car.

Toshiba-3
  • Toshiba-3

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:56 PM Edited by Toshiba-3, 28 November 2016 - 10:22 AM.

Hello guys,

About a widescreen patch for the DOS mode: I guess that on paper it might be possible. However that is something I cannot achieve myself as it requires more editing than a couple byte changes here and there and I'm actually pretty clueless about GTA1's guts.  :breadfish:

The Direct3D mode might perform better for some people. Also lets you use D3D shaders etc. There's nothing particular about it besides that!

About the ingame scenario issues, I'm not really knowledgeable about them. Any mission fix is welcome (thanks Helegad) and at some point I'll update the pack with them (also Tomasak controller map). The audio issues with the Windows version would have to be patched within the executable I guess (besides the wav file mishap).

Maybe running ThirteenAG's pack in an XP virtual machine could let the game run in a better shape?

[EDIT] A compromise could be to set 640x400 as the internal resolution and then while retaining correct aspect, it will look like this (notice how the side black bars are much thinner):

LNiEdw8.jpg

However when I try to set 640x400 from the ingame F11 menu, it always crashes, even if I delete PLAYER_A.DAT. So I've set that resolution manually. You can test it yourself by download this modified PLAYER_A.DAT and replacing the original (in GTADATA folder).

http://www.mediafire...q2/PLAYER_A.DAT

Toshiba-3
  • Toshiba-3

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:04 PM

Ok, I found it's possible to modify resolutions by editing the main executable and the UNIVBE config/driver files. However I can't seem to get new resolutions working properly. Best I could do was enable 640x350 (which is even closer to the 16:9 res (640x360)) in GTA24.EXE and this works as that weird resolution was already supported by UNIVBE.

It looks like that:

vyVEw4u.jpg

• Tomasak likes this

FulValBot
  • FulValBot

Snitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:23 PM

I think that is stretched...

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

Pray 4 OpenIV

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 28 November 2016 - 06:12 PM

It's not, but part of FOV is cut instead of added.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:39 AM

It's not, but part of FOV is cut instead of added.

IIRC that's what we call Vert- isn't it? We want Hor+?

• Tomasak likes this

Jonathan_
  • Jonathan_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:00 PM

If possible, yes, Hor+

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:31 AM Edited by piko, 03 December 2016 - 09:34 AM.

I can't take screenshots or video with glide-mode, is this impossible with it? Also, capturing a video with normal mode makes game extremely laggy and unplayable.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:58 PM

I used FRAPS.

https://www.youtube....h?v=MQSFhpUpWLc

Sidaredd
  • Sidaredd

I can run GTA V on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and 1.5 Ghz CPU

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:06 PM

How to install a mod to GTA 1 :p (and London too)

(Example : Cars,guns,maps)

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:08 AM

You can't, the game is completely unmoddable, bye.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:12 AM Edited by Sektor, 08 December 2016 - 01:13 AM.

Most GTA1 mods just get copied to the data folder but some require GTA Cars: http://www.fifengr.c...s/GTA_Cars.html

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:00 AM

Not sure if it's only in my game, but in both chapters in San Andreas, missions completed-counter gets stuck at 10 and doesn't go higher, really bugging when I try to get a perfect run and a screenie of it in level completed-screen  :angry:

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

Doesn't work with glide, screen is black in videos and screenshots. Normal mode is very laggy for me.

badnews
  • badnews

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

Anyone still have this? Links dead? Cheers

Toshiba-3
  • Toshiba-3

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:42 AM

Ah occasional down times! My host isn't the most reliable  :breadfish:

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

pudsey
  • pudsey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:05 PM Edited by pudsey, 20 April 2017 - 09:10 PM.

Tried playing GTA from Steam and it didn't work properly. I found this and it works perfectly. Thank you ever so much for your hard work! The beauty of it being on DOSbox is that the dosbox.conf can be edited for customisability, too.

P.S. It might also be an idea to include Tomasak's Xbox controller config as standard, as I think most people will use a controller for this game.

• Toshiba-3 likes this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

Pray 4 OpenIV

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:44 PM

I request for next update ability to choose gta8.exe (8bit mode?) it looks so nice, like gameboy version :D

• Toshiba-3 likes this

Toshiba-3
  • Toshiba-3

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

Glad to hear this pack still helps people play the original GTA, esp. on Steam :)

I plan on updating the pack at some point. Tomasak's map will be part of the update as well as the Bentcop Blues Frenzy bugfix. Too bad there isn't more bugfixes as several players have reported similar bugs with other missions. I'd also really like to somehow be able to make a widescreen patch but the last time I tried, UNIVBE wasn't very cooperative... 

I really like the 8bit mode as well! At the moment it can be accessed via the Setups (in the Options from the launcher), but it wouldn't hurt to add a shortcut to launch these (despite the '61 one being incomplete).

No idea when I'll take the time to get back into this though, probably during the summer. All my free time is still dedicated to Carma1/2 at the moment.  :breadfish:

• Tomasak, Ub-Oh and Ivan1997GTA like this

Jonathan_
  • Jonathan_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

^^Thank you for your continued support. I really hope you'll be able to somehow get that widescreen patch working. Please take the time you need. All effort is appreciated!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users