Next DLC Speculation Thread

125,651 replies to this topic
I drive
  • I drive

Street Cat

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:29 PM

LC was scrapped unfortunately, i think they're up to something different like a new game.

However back to the biker dlc, i wonder if the clubhouse(s) will have a garage... i hope so

• ivarblaauw likes this

RealityLS
  • RealityLS

Gaymer here! Part of LGBT Community. Hatred Hurts! Homos

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:10 PM

Could you please explain why we are again talking about a map expansion dlc? I haven't been on the forum recently..

A recent highly leak points to map expansion

iPeluche
  • iPeluche

Snitch

• Members
  • France

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:33 PM

Could you please explain why we are again talking about a map expansion dlc? I haven't been on the forum recently..

What leak ?
  • CUTS3R likes this

Merciful Agent
  • Merciful Agent

Formerly Viper-Venom

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:35 PM

What leak ?

There has not been a leak regarding a map expansion recently.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Walking In The Dark Path AGAIN!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:46 PM

What leak ?
ignore RealityLs, hes just a troll that shall get banned really soon!
  • Shadowfennekin, iLLYHiGHROLLER, Sweet Bellic and 2 others like this

Laker23
  • Laker23

Greatness From Small Beginnings

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:46 PM

Well, there are Everglades in Miami, the proximity of Cuba, Colombian smugglers, Russian Mafiya, Horatio Caine, that long bridge, tuner scene, old people, nostalgia guys, masked maniacs, scammers, hillbillies, nightclubs...
What else?

The GOAT.

I absolutely love Miami irl so I'd personally love to see it go back there with today's graphics. Vice City is still my favourite gta as well, too much love for that game.

• Alvarez and DEADLY-BREED like this

Anachronistic
  • Anachronistic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:32 PM

LC was scrapped unfortunately, i think they're up to something different like a new game.
However back to the biker dlc, i wonder if the clubhouse(s) will have a garage... i hope so

The found code is "personal_mod_garage" and people assume it's going to be a club house. Additionally Yan (and Mach1bud) has said there'll be a sixth garage.

Aqua
  • Aqua

~~~~

• BUSTED!
  • United-Nations

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

Is there really a map expansion?

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:04 PM

We know nothing pointing to a map expansion.
  • iLLYHiGHROLLER, DEADLY-BREED, Sweet Bellic and 2 others like this

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:11 PM

We know nothing pointing to a map expansion.

Actually we do

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:17 PM

Actually we do

There was originally some stuff but that was shown to be nothing, I'd like to know what this new info is that people are talking about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • CUTS3R likes this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:29 PM Edited by Commander S, 13 August 2016 - 08:30 PM.

More like:

- Yan mentioned a Playstation Insider tweeting something about R* being at PSM (PlayStation Meeting), which is happening on September 7th.

- Speculation about some GTAO-related announcement at PSM.

- Someone invariably mentions 'Liberty City expansion' (because of course they do).

- ...Liberty City confirmed.

:facedesk:

(...or do people not remember this whole same song and dance happening with E3 a few months ago?)

• We Are Ninja, iLLYHiGHROLLER and Sweet Bellic like this

Rippir1600
  • Rippir1600

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:52 PM

Why do we want refurbished maps when we can get new ones?
  • We Are Ninja, Garland137, DeltaShadowZ and 1 other like this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

GTA Forums Decade Member

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:55 PM

Lol, 4k on a port of a ps3/360 game? Thnx but no thnx..

It's not really a port they pretty much rebuilt the whole thing from the ground up for current gen and PC. The current gen versions don't just have higher res textures they have entirely different geometry meshes. This is why the bugs and exploits are often very different on last gen compared to current gen back when they were both being updated. Also we know from code comments that ps4/XB1 was in the development pipeline from the beginning it appears, not ported afterwards.

I'm pretty sure the console versions are mostly ports, whereas the PC version was built from the ground up (partly to support 120fps as that caused some issues at the start apparently). 

DiemessGTA
  • DiemessGTA

Buddah Ho

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:09 PM Edited by DiemessGTA, 13 August 2016 - 09:10 PM.

I find it quite the irony that the moment I lose faith in Map Expansions, rumours arise...

I think it would be a dream to see Gifbrah's map, although bridges would make more sense in terms of the current map. Or we would have to see another large lake at cape catfish.

It would be a dream come true if we will see a map about 3/4 times the size as it is now. The main reason I and millions of others stopped playing is because of the map... It has become boring and I have seen every place after three years.

A Liberty City add on would peak my interest, but wouldn't solve the problem. One thing players want is freedom; the freedom to drive from A to B. From Los Santos to San Fierro. A huge map would make this possible, while just adding another city, with loading times, would divide the playerbase.

I think a map like this would be the best course of action: (imagine if yachts could actually be steered by the player!)
447576MAP2.jpg

oh man! I would die..

vy5ac1.jpg

Rockstar at Playstation Meeting ?

https://mobile.twitt...213941073575936

gta v 4k confirmed!

Lol, 4k on a port of a ps3/360 game? Thnx but no thnx..

I actually wouldn't mind that at all. My 60" 4k Samsung TV needs some love..

• aaronBLUEeyes, DEADLY-BREED and CUTS3R like this

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:24 PM Edited by RedDagger, 13 August 2016 - 09:45 PM.

Now can we go from this...
-snip-

I would love to see a map expansion and the addition of the two major cities from San Andreas added back, as well as some of the smaller towns.

But doing it like this wouldn't make any sense in terms of continuity. How would it be explained that what used to be a coast and an ocean is now land with life?

Granted, Rockstar is under no obligation to keep things realistic, and I'm usually one of the first to point that out. But it seems like too much of a stretch to just add landmass to the existing map.

If anything was added to the current map, I suspect it would be a new island that you could access via boat, plane, or helicopter. It could even be added close enough to be connected via some bridges. Although still not realistic, it's at least perhaps slightly less so than converting a coastline.

Future map expansions that include cities that are geographically farther away could be access via the airport, which answers the following question...

I keep thinking of how a map expansion might work, so let's say it would be Liberty city (given that's it the only HD city that's already made) I would imagine what they would have some type of corona on the east side of the map that you would have to fly through, then some type of loading will kick in like the cloud simulator and finally when Liberty City finishes loading your approaching the city from the west? To make it look like you flew to Liberty city?

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:36 PM

I keep thinking of how a map expansion might work, so let's say it would be Liberty city (given that's it the only HD city that's already made) I would imagine what they would have some type of corona on the east side of the map that you would have to fly through, then some type of loading will kick in like the cloud simulator and finally when Liberty City finishes loading your approaching the city from the west? To make it look like you flew to Liberty city?

It coukd work that way, but the problem is that the playerbase will be divided.
Either it will be a new lobby for 30 players or the lobbies of the two maps will be shared. The first one will make the transition with friends quite hard and even near impossible, the latter will divide the players which might result in one empty map.
Thats why the only way I see this work is one large landmass and/or islands. In which you can fly in realtime to those locations. The main loading time will increase, but it would not divide the playerbase at all. Also the spirit of gta will not be lost (freedom).
It would be weird.  I think they can use the airport as a transition between both maps. But they better not give us a fee to travel every time.
Why no fee? It's not free to travel from Los Angeles to New York City no matter what mode of transportation you take.

The fee doesn't have to be much; maybe $500. I don't think that's an unreasonable cost. I also don't think that most players would do a lot of back-and-forth in a short time span; I suspect that most players would go to one city and stay there for awhile. Especially since the process would probably be like changing sessions, and we all know how long that can take sometimes.

The fee should be waived in any missions that require cross-country travel, should they choose to create any such missions.
  • Sweet Bellic likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

Either it will be a new lobby for 30 players or the lobbies of the two maps will be shared. The first one will make the transition with friends quite hard and even near impossible, the latter will divide the players which might result in one empty map.
Thats why the only way I see this work is one large landmass and/or islands. In which you can fly in realtime to those locations. The main loading time will increase, but it would not divide the playerbase at all. Also the spirit of gta will not be lost (freedom).
It would be weird.  I think they can use the airport as a transition between both maps. But they better not give us a fee to travel every time.
Why no fee? It's not free to travel from Los Angeles to New York City no matter what mode of transportation you take.

The fee doesn't have to be much; maybe $500. I don't think that's an unreasonable cost. I also don't think that most players would do a lot of back-and-forth in a short time span; I suspect that most players would go to one city and stay there for awhile. Especially since the process would probably be like changing sessions, and we all know how long that can take sometimes.

The fee should be waived in any missions that require cross-country travel, should they choose to create any such missions.
if a player own "X" plane it shouldnt pay a fee.

for example the gold plane owners shouldnt pay a fee
  • Fozzie likes this

infectedG636
  • infectedG636

Red Dead Redemption 2 Prediction Release date: 05/08/2018

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:53 PM

Nah, i know they'll give us a big fee. Remember, the game isn't really free. It won't make sense. If it's a map expansion to Liberty City, it would most likely to be paid. I shoot around $10 bucks or less.

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:55 PM

Nah, i know they'll give us a big fee. Remember, the game isn't really free. It won't make sense. If it's a map expansion to Liberty City, it would most likely to be paid. I shoot around $10 bucks or less.
$10 for a Expansion For GTA 5? Nope it's more like $50
  • DEADLY-BREED likes this

infectedG636
  • infectedG636

Red Dead Redemption 2 Prediction Release date: 05/08/2018

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:59 PM

$10 for a Expansion For GTA 5? Nope it's more like $50

i don't know man. That's a lil bit over priced. It's the same price of a sharkcard. I'd say about lil bit much as $20 bucks. 

Pentalarc
  • Pentalarc

Stoner Witch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:05 PM

I still have faith in Liberty City!!!! it could be scrapped but We just might just might get a announcement later this year

Its Probably the next GTA that'll include Vice city since geographically they are close in real life or scrap that altogether and settle in Port Land for some weird reason...
Please give me a Reason Why Liberty city would be The main map for The next GTA
Well maybe because we dont have a HD Universe Vice City? We have a HD Universe Los Santos and Liberty City so i guess Vice City would be next. Also it would fit for GTA 6 or in other word GTA VI or GTA VIce.
vice city would be the one because of the name VIce city apart from that i dont know how they would make it work, the original vice city made sense because it was set in the 80s, where miami was at it "peak", today theres not much going on in that area, atleast not to the scale of the 80s.

Exactly. Miami became famous because of the Cocaine Cowboys which was also a major storyline in Vice City. Those days are long gone and Miami isn't even a major city like New York or Los Angeles. And the last two GTA's were set in the present so I doubt they go back in time again.

Miami isn't only known for the pure Colombian cocaine of the 80's, it's known for a beautiful city with beaches and the best party vibe of all the U.S.A, Why the f*ck would a developer make a game around only one thing? Coke and drug trades. Are you serious now? 
miami is a retirement state, a game there would be really bland!

been placed there would guarantee night clubs and casino maybe, apart from that theres not much going on there.

Has no one seen Burn Notice?

• Garland137 and bulldog385 like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:52 PM

Spoiler

i don't know man. That's a lil bit over priced. It's the same price of a sharkcard. I'd say about lil bit much as $20 bucks. 
i have invested $150 in this game in the past 3 years(buying the game twice), i have got my moneys worth, i'd be happy to pay $20 $30 $40 for a map extension.
  • -Kaas and DEADLY-BREED like this

rodrich266
  • rodrich266

Shut up, sit down, relax

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:56 PM

Spoiler

i have invested $150 in this game in the past 3 years(buying the game twice), i have got my moneys worth, i'd be happy to pay $20 $30 $40 for a map extension.

Yeah me too, bought the CE when it came out and then the standard ps4 version. I would pay for a map expansion as well.
  • DEADLY-BREED likes this

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:58 PM

North Yankton is gonna be a Map expansion too!!!!!!
  • DeltaShadowZ likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:09 PM

North Yankton is gonna be a Map expansion too!!!!!!

This thread gets derailed often as it is, please stop saying random stuff like this without any sources.
  • gtafan26, Shadowfennekin, iLLYHiGHROLLER and 4 others like this

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:33 PM

https://twitter.com/...197152833138688

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:34 PM Edited by Mach1bud, 13 August 2016 - 11:40 PM.

Spoiler

Hmm. Your first post does somewhat confirm that you were right on several points. Who are you?

US Marshal1911
  • US Marshal1911

FIB Liberty City Task Force

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:42 PM

Whatever the next DLC is, R* should let us put crew emblems on the bullet proof vests. That should have been in a long time ago.
  • Pastry, The Gator, Criminal-Fox and 1 other like this

Fezza1999
  • Fezza1999

"All we had to do, was follow the damn train, CJ!"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:53 PM

They should fix our crew emblems first. Fúcking hate that forced white background that I didn't fúcking select