Next DLC Speculation Thread

125,462 replies to this topic
Assass1nsH
  • Assass1nsH

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:50 AM

I do think it's time-limited as well because it's available during Heists.
They disabled Special Vehicles, Oppressor, APC, Anti Aircraft Trailer but the Vigilante is ok ?

What does that correlation have to with it?
Maybe because of how op it is? Im not sure where he was trying to go with that either, but anyways I do hope this vehicle is limited time only
I wouldn't say the Vigilante is overpowered tbh. Yeah it may have an infinte machine gun mounted on the front with a few rockets, however it still blows up with one explosive, just like any ordinary vehicle. As many have said, its more of a novelty vehicle than a death machine like the Fully Loaded Ruiner 2000.
Nah in free roam the vilgilante is probably not ideal to use in a fight. But for heist it seems pretty op I mean bullet proof glass with rockets. Throw out the Karuma and use this instead. Either that or I using the term op too loosely idk lol
  • AUScowboy likes this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:09 AM

^fair point. Might make that heist grind a bit too easy, big no no as far as Rickstar are concerned.

Trinitarios214
  • Trinitarios214

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:54 AM

You know, I wish this year's Halloween Weapon is The Joker's Long Barrel Pistol from Batman 1989.
  • Flying Deluxo, Cutter De Blanc, Crimie and 7 others like this

MGgames100
  • MGgames100

MG, not MC...

• Members
  • Poland
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Best Concept 2016 [Tuner DLC]
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:36 AM

Nah in free roam the vilgilante is probably not ideal to use in a fight. But for heist it seems pretty op I mean bullet proof glass with rockets. Throw out the Karuma and use this instead. Either that or I using the term op too loosely idk lol

The glass is not bullet proof tho. It shatters pretty easily.

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

Jester Classic or GTFO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:41 AM

So... maybe this gonna be a first big dlc without any leaks? That would be kinda refreshing. 

I wonder how fast internet would broke if one day R* would drop a map expansion without any headups

Spoiler

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:05 AM

Regarding what we know about the next update (Legendary Motorsports vehicles, weaponised vehicles, Freemode business properties on Maze Bank Foreclosures), I'm hoping:

- the Legendary Motorsport stuff mixes it up a bit - after all, R* did include things like the Virgo and Chino back in the day, so it'd be nice to see some things that aren't just the usual slew of Aston Martins, Lamborghinis, McLarens, etc.

- the weaponised things don't tie into the Freemode property like hangar-able planes or special vehicles, and are literally 'more Gunrunning-style weaponised vehicles', like the Vigilante - i.e., stored in a regular garage slot, customised in an MOC

- the Freemode thing does something different for a change - too much to ask for a new organisation type, and something that isn't either 'big money' or 'military-grade'?

• MGgames100 and alkaline_ like this

Classique
  • Classique

That car manufacturer who likes to mock Declasse.

• Members
  • Denmark
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Helpfulness Award [GTAV]

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

As with the new weaponized vehicles, I would loooove to get my hands on a motorcycle with a wagon + minigun. 

• ryannata likes this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:50 AM

@fun2
The vigilante has been teased by rockstar in the newswire: was it the case for other time limited to-be-released vehicles ?
If it happened to the Sanctus, then it can happen to the Vigilante.

But I don't feel it, it has been so hyped that they would get TONS of support tickets asking "release the vigilante again plz my mom just got me a shark card otherwise I'll kill myself and it ll be all your fault".

Classique
  • Classique

That car manufacturer who likes to mock Declasse.

• Members
  • Denmark
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Helpfulness Award [GTAV]

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

they would get TONS of support tickets asking "release the vigilante again plz my mom just got me a shark card otherwise I'll kill myself and it ll be all your fault".

The sad part is that I can imagine this on the Support forum.

• Perez84, EVOLUT7ON, _47_ and 5 others like this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:22 AM

they would get TONS of support tickets asking "release the vigilante again plz my mom just got me a shark card otherwise I'll kill myself and it ll be all your fault".

Time to place some bets :D

The more I think of it, the more I feel the vigilante will be permanent unlock, just effing expensive.

They dropped the research system, what make us think it will require any? Gas bombs did not require any, as an exemple...

thepiebaker
  • thepiebaker

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:23 AM

Someone posted it as a threat to be unbanned.

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Seems like it's my turn again

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:29 AM

Regarding what we know about the next update (Legendary Motorsports vehicles, weaponised vehicles, Freemode business properties on Maze Bank Foreclosures), I'm hoping:

- the Legendary Motorsport stuff mixes it up a bit - after all, R* did include things like the Virgo and Chino back in the day, so it'd be nice to see some things that aren't just the usual slew of Aston Martins, Lamborghinis, McLarens, etc.

I get what you're saying but the latest Aston Martin on legendary motorsports was a pretty good addition and a bit of a change up from what we've been getting lately. I wouldn't scoff if we got something like a Lagonda, for example, since it's a bit weird and not just another grand tourer.

lagonda.jpg

• ash-274 and ryannata like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:43 AM Edited by Commander S, 12 October 2017 - 08:44 AM.

The Rapid GT Classic was a step in the right direction, definitely - and like I've said elsewhere, I certainly wouldn't object if Ocelot got a similar thing, based on the XJS.

But still, it'd be nice to have something that wasn't a luxury/high-end car more than once in a blue moon - the Retinue was a welcome addition in that direction, but it really wouldn't kill R* to go further out from their usual 'playthings for the conspicuously wealthy' comfort zone... :p

• carnerd3000 likes this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

Im not sure how "rdrcloud" appeared in my mods folder.
Was original files changed somehow?

-tkTCN5i6Lc.jpg

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:21 AM

-tkTCN5i6Lc.jpg

:miranda:  :miranda:  :miranda:  

Perez84
  • Perez84

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:35 AM

Itsfappening.gif

MusicMan05
  • MusicMan05

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

@fun2
The vigilante has been teased by rockstar in the newswire: was it the case for other time limited to-be-released vehicles ?
If it happened to the Sanctus, then it can happen to the Vigilante.

But I don't feel it, it has been so hyped that they would get TONS of support tickets asking "release the vigilante again plz my mom just got me a shark card otherwise I'll kill myself and it ll be all your fault".

I don't recall any Surprise vehicles being shown before hand. I'm also questioning it being limited time for Halloween. Rockstar made zero mention about Halloween in that newswire post. You'd think that if the Vigilante was being released for Halloween, they would have teased it. That post makes it sound like the Vigilante is normal SR drip feed...

I still think there's a possibility the new Halloween content hasn't been added yet and will release in a surprise Halloween Surprise 2017 Update. That way the content will be an actual surprise vs it being leaked two months in advance.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:10 PM

-tkTCN5i6Lc.jpg

It's coming from this mod, apparently: https://www.gta5-mod...orealistic-gtav

For future reference, unless the dlc folder is prefixed with "sp" or "mp", or is called "patchday[number]ng", it's not Rockstar.
  • Gaffa™, RedDagger, eyman and 2 others like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

It's coming from this mod, apparently: https://www.gta5-mod...orealistic-gtav

For future reference, unless the dlc folder is prefixed with "sp" or "mp", or is called "patchday[number]ng", it's not Rockstar.

Thanks for explaining.

Jlindstead
  • Jlindstead

?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:27 PM Edited by Jlindstead, 19 October 2017 - 11:42 AM.

My guess is it'll be time limited. I would also assume that it won't be released in the regular dripfeed schedule, instead coming maybe the Friday before Halloween, similar to the Sanctus last year.

It's definitely coming on Halloween. It falls on a Tuesday this year.

I think SickBoy is right...It will be released on 10/26 or 10/27 for a Halloween weekend event that would end on or before 11/2.  I don't think they will wait for 10/31 to release it because the new COD is released on 11/3...I also think it will be a limited vehicle.

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:40 PM Edited by AUScowboy, 12 October 2017 - 04:40 PM.

Im betting there won't be an additional download for Halloween, just the Vigilante and adv mode.

Hopefully the next DLC will drop in early December, if they drop it a week or two after the dripfeed ends like the last two major DLCs, early December sounds about right.
  • Rafae likes this

Fun 2
  • Fun 2

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgable [GTA] 2015
    Most Helpful Member 2015
    Coolest Member 2015

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:25 PM

Same thing applies to Transform Races, some ppl think it would require additional download when it's already in-game part of the drip-feed.

• Gaffa™, WildBrick142, AUScowboy and 2 others like this

Luigi22
  • Luigi22

Hi there :)

• Members
  • Aland

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:38 PM Edited by Luigi22, 12 October 2017 - 05:42 PM.

Maybe we will finally get those Mansions, could very well be on foreclousure site. I mean what kind of businesses we could still get?. Mega garages for land vehicles is possibility of course

Somehow I can't believe we would be getting anything related to sea like marinas or new business type. Who even uses boats in Online outside missions? Wouldn't be very good update for Shark Card sales too.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:41 PM

Maybe we will finally get those Mansions, could very well be on foreclousure site.

So could a spot in a trailer park out in Blaine County.

I bet $17.37 GTA dollars that the next update releases the Tuesday after this drip feed ends.
  • HARBUJAHN, Rafae, ash-274 and 4 others like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:42 PM

I think SickBoy is right...It will be released on 11/26 or 11/27 for a Halloween weekend event that would end on or before 11/2.  I don't think they will wait for 10/31 to release it because the new COD is released on 11/3...I also think it will be a limited vehicle.

No one gives a fk when the new Call of Duty comes out, least of all Rockstar lol

I see the Vigilante and Condemned adversary mode coming on Halloween, plus bonuses and discounts related to the older items, nothing more.
  • Unruly and AUScowboy like this

Rburns
  • Rburns

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:55 PM Edited by Rburns, 12 October 2017 - 05:55 PM.

- the weaponised things don't tie into the Freemode property like hangar-able planes or special vehicles, and are literally 'more Gunrunning-style weaponised vehicles', like the Vigilante - i.e., stored in a regular garage slot, customised in an MOC

- the Freemode thing does something different for a change - too much to ask for a new organisation type, and something that isn't either 'big money' or 'military-grade'?

Yeah Im waiting for version of the Challenger Demon, called maybe Gauntlet Devil or something like that.

• AllNighter1 and kovaandr like this

Mr_No
  • Mr_No

SpandX Pckg Co CEO

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:02 PM

Here's hoping the Vigilante is not limited (even though it will still be) because I still have no power because of hurricane Maria, and I don't know for how long the power outage will last. Even if this is a more reasonable excuse for them to extend the Vigilante, I don't believe they will.

Lupo-Akane
  • Lupo-Akane

Mi-24 Pilot

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

Maybe we will finally get those Mansions, could very well be on foreclousure site.

So could a spot in a trailer park out in Blaine County.

I bet $17.37 GTA dollars that the next update releases the Tuesday after this drip feed ends.
I would take a trailer home over some of this stuff lol, I just want some old cars from the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and so on.

Some clothing from them years to, but I am also hoping for furry ear headbands for Halloween lol :)

I just want a major sake up that does not include weaponized vehicles, stupid pastel colored army outfits and supers.
  • ash-274 and Sanches like this

AredTarg
  • AredTarg

Arthur Morgan! Keep her in all black!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

Mach said he didnt see mansions coming right ? Or

Lupo-Akane
  • Lupo-Akane

Mi-24 Pilot

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:05 PM Edited by Lupo-Akane, 12 October 2017 - 06:08 PM.

I just wonder how many vehicles can have a rocket taped to them are coming
  • kovaandr and Sanches like this

52 user(s) are reading this topic

14 members, 36 guests, 2 anonymous users