53 replies to this topic
DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Tribute Video
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Parody Film

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:34 PM Edited by DAMND, 27 June 2016 - 09:45 AM.

What is "Object Spooner"?

Object Spooner is simply the map-making feature of Menyoo PC, a single player trainer/mod menu for Grand Theft Auto V. But over the past year it has grown into much more than that.

You can use Object Spooner to build entire interiors:
t34eCTG.gif

Or custom vehicles with props attached:
Xks9RYV.gif

Or dynamic scenarios involving moving objects, pedestrians, and animations:
GqjDnw5.gif

Or a combination of any of the above for movie making:
uhNoYN5.gif

I have used Object Spooner for over a year now, and have been an alpha tester for half that time. In this tutorial I will start at the ground level and teach you everything you need to know, from the absolute basics to stuff I just figured out yesterday. Object Spooner is the most powerful and versatile map making tool that exists for GTA V. I hope that by reading this you'll be inspired to pick it up and eventually make something creative of your own!

One last thing before we get started: if you're not a native English speaker, "Object Spooner" is simply a play on the words "Object Spawner," just as "Menyoo" is a play on "Menu."

The Basics

First you'll need to install Menyoo. This is as simple as downloading it, placing the contents of the rar in your game directory along with a copy of Script Hook V. You will always need the most current copy of the game and of Script Hook V.

Now start your game and press F8 (or whatever hotkey you assign) to open it. Menyoo has full controller support so you can also press Right Button + Left on the d-pad (or its equivalent) as a shortcut.

Scroll down to Object Spooner, and let's get started.

elvw9Rt.pngQqo1l0n.png

Everything in Object Spooner can be done via menu trees while you're walking around in the game world like you normally would. Or, you can enter "Spooner Mode" which is an aerial camera view with a cross hair.

wice3q5.png
8oSYuQ8.png

Spooner Mode is generally easier to use, so we'll start with that. First, let's spawn something.

w75rl7p.pngiHF5qYG.png

In GTA V modding, "Entity" is an umbrella term for objects, pedestrians, and vehicles. Let's spawn an object.

lAq81xz.png

That's a huge list, 8,000+ objects. Way too many to sort through, so let's use the search feature and type in "chair"

E1CgrOe.png

A much more manageable 160 results. And since Spooner Mode has a built in object preview, we can scroll through the list and look at our choices.

gnkiNg5.gif

Look for a button prompt to add an object you like to your Favorites. There's also an option to do this in the property menu, which we'll open in just a second.

When your object is in position, press A (gamepad) or Enter (keyboard) to place it on the ground where we've pointed the crosshairs.

uVxm3Ln.png

Now, there are two different ways you can interact with objects you've already spawned. The first is by using the same system of menus we used to spawn the object. Simply go back to the main Object Spooner menu, and select Manage Entity Database. You'll see a list of objects you've spawned, and a blue arrow will point to whichever one you highlight. Select an object to open the properties menu.

xX2tDDt.gif

OR, you can use Spooner Mode to select objects with your controller/mouse. Now, this might be a little confusing at first, but to use Spooner Mode this way you have to switch it on and then exit out of Menyoo entirely.

TwR5uvi.png

Don't think too hard about it, just do it. And one you've closed Menyoo, you'll find that when you move your crosshairs over an object (and the crosshairs turn green), this dialogue box appears:

CMxPaT0.png

We're just learning the basics now, so "Open property menu" is the only one we'll concern ourselves with.

Moving Things Around

There's a whole lot of stuff in the properties menu, a lot of which is self-explanatory. The most important feature is the one at the very bottom: Manual Placement.

us4foxV.pngaR04Dr4.png

This will let you move your entities into exactly the right place, with much more precision than your controller or mouse would allow you in Spooner Mode.

The top option in this submenu is called "Scroll Sensitivity." I recommend setting it to .1000 or .0100 for the x, y, and z axes.
1N8rnRn.gif

and 10.0000 or 1.0000 for the Pitch, Roll, and Yaw axes.

KDRfRAB.gif

Vehicles and Pedestrians

Vehicles and peds can be placed just as easily as objects in the Spawn Entity menu.

h7wK8ls.png

04a2jsN.png

Deleting

Deleting individual objects individually is as easy as going to Manage Entity Database, hovering over the name of an object you want to delete, and pressing X button.

Z8LLLOH.pnga4iwefL.png

Alternately, you can select the object and delete it from the Property Menu. In Spooner Mode, you can move the cursor over the object (look for the cursor to turn green) and press D-pad Left. I don't recommend this last option, as it can sometimes be hard to tell what the cursor is selecting when you do this, and you may inadvertantly delete something you want to keep. There is no "undo" button in Menyoo.

To delete everything in your database, go to the Removal option at the top of the Manage Entity Database menu. Delete All Entities in Database will take care of everything except markers (and we haven't dealt with those yet).

1ArKsXo.png

U7IiWaw.png

Saving and Loading

Let's pretend that the random smattering of crap we've just laid down is a masterpiece that we want to share with others or continue to work on later. Menyoo's Load/Save options are in the Object Spooner menu under Manage Save Files.

XHvdUhs.png9RKbFVM.png

xUst97q.png

The Waypoint is the point you will be automatically teleported to when you load your map. If you're not using Spooner Mode, you'll have the option to set it to the coordinates you're standing on.

Now whenever you want to load your file for later, just go to Object Spooner > Manage Saved Files > [whatever you named your file]. Then click Load Placements.

IEdoBy5.png
k5bpKmd.png

and voila...

PIxXu5z.png

Your map is loaded. (Plus, if your map contains certain kinds of chairs, the game will spawn peds sitting in them! Consider it a bonus).

You can also use the Load menu to change attributes of your file, such as changing the Reference Point to your character's position, or setting a default Weather to load when the map is loaded.

8eCUOwP.pngZTe37wa.png

Spooner files use the .xml extension. To access your map file, go to [game directory]/MenyooStuff/Spooner

That's all for this introductory lesson, but in the next couple updates I'll get into the meat of what makes Menyoo able to do so much stuff that other mods can't: the Attachment menu. Plus all sorts of other stuff. These posts won't be as pic-heavy once we've got the basics out of the way, I promise.

I'll be able to take questions after I finish all the posts I have planned, because the questions people will ask are probably covered in there. And I've got a ton of stuff to unload here. In the meantime, check out my Youtube channel (link in sig) for some more examples of what you can do with Menyoo.

• Spider-Vice, Gutslab, PhillBellic and 6 others like this

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:38 PM

Approved.

• BlackScout likes this

MAFINS
  • MAFINS

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:56 AM

Ay high five!

• DAMND, SoDank_ItPainsMe and TikoKappa like this

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:10 AM

Dynamic and Non-Dynamic

As mentioned above, the properties menu has plenty of options, most of which are self-explanatory or can be explored with a little trial and error. There are a few, though, that warrant special explanation.

"Dynamic" means that an object can be moved or otherwise influenced by the physics of the gameworld. Non-dynamic objects are frozen in place. (Some trainers call this "Static" but since Menyoo uses a toggle switch, there is no set word for the opposite of "Dynamic." So "Non-Dynamic" is what I'll go with here.)

Setting something to Non-Dynamic is the only way it can be moved above ground level with Manual Placement. This goes for Vehicles and Pedestrians too.

5Dv1CNI.png
wmJBWvU.png

However, you might want to change something's status while you're working. Different types of entities have different reactions to this and it might be confusing at first.

Pedestrians are easy. Set them as Dynamic and they'll instantly fall to the ground.

1psGpeL.gif

Vehicles, on the other hand, require some kind of contact with the outside world before they will fall into place. The easiest way to do this is to walk right into them.

ii5w9dv.gif

Objects will behave the same way as vehicles, with one exception. Some of them will fall to the ground, while others will fall through the ground.

NvyBTdp.gif

Bye bye, chair.

Other items will move around disproportionately for their size (example: a ramp, when driven onto, will just scoot away). For this reason it's a good idea to keep objects Non-Dynamic unless it's an object made to be crashed into or knocked over, like a mailbox or explosive barrel. For an idea of what kind of props work in this way, go into Director Mode's "Scene Creator" and look at the "dynamic" prop category.

You can set whether objects will spawn as Dynamic in the Object Spooner Settings menu.

qwpo7mu.pngIxGNciw.png

Collision

Another entity property worth briefly explaining is Collision. Collision simply means whether you can move through something.

JjIg18R.png

Turn it off, and...

emBErqF.gif

Easy! This works for vehicles and pedestrians too. However, pedestrians will need to be Non-Dynamic before their Collision is turned off. Otherwise they'll fall right through the ground like the chair in the previous example.

This stuff will be a little more relevant once we get through the next installment: Attaching Entities. (That'll be the fun one. Trust me).

• SoDank_ItPainsMe likes this

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:39 PM Edited by DAMND, 27 June 2016 - 03:09 PM.

Attaching Objects to Vehicles

This is where we get into the interesting stuff. Let's say you find an interesting prop. Like, say, this snowy digger bucket from the prologue,

jMpyXEc.png

Let's throw this onto a vehicle and make a snowplow.

First spawn a vehicle you want to customize. I'm going to use the Tipper dumptruck.

1d306Zb.png

Select the prop, and go to the next to last option in the Property Menu, Attachment Options. Select "Attach to Something" and then pick your vehicle out of the list of spawned entities.

2T7dW9T.pngM7BBCf1.png
B2N4cxw.png

This will attach it to the dead center of the vehicle.

ceOEnfh.png

We want it to be at the front, so we'll adjust the Y axis to move it forward, and the Z axis to get it at the right height. You can use the other axes to change its rotation.

LpajUwz.png

There we go.

When you attach an entity to a vehicle or a pedestrian, you'll have your choice of Bones to attach them to. For Pedestrians, "bone" is meant fairly literally, like skull, arm, chest; for vehicles it means various component parts.

The default bone is the Bodyshell. This is what your object will be attached to when you first attach it. To change bones, you can highlight "Bone" on the Attachment menu.

PZn4hMA.png

Either press left or right to use it as a slider, or you can click on it to get a full list of Bones. The list is very comprehensive so there's no guarantee that all of them will work.

wKHyXfs.png

I've made tons of these vehicles and 99% of the time I attach everything to the Bodyshell bone. You can adjust the position of your attachments all you want, so there's no need to select the part that's closest; just attach it to Bodyshell and move it where it needs to go (this also makes it easy to line up multiple items that you attach).

Attaching objects to wheels will make them spin, and attaching objects to parts that break off (like a bumper) will make that entity fall off along with the part. Experiment around and see what's the best fit for your project.

Let's look at how our snowplow turned out:

aHnT0a4.gif

Almost there. As you can see, the prop we've attached is too low and is clipping through the ground. "Clipping" is the term for a 3d object passing through another 3d object (in this case, the ground) when it shouldn't.

The bucket looked fine in the picture above, so what happened? As it turns out, vehicles get lower to the ground when a passenger is inside. So when you're attaching things to vehicles you should take that into account. I left this in because it's an example of how unexpected things can happen when you're playing around with Object Spooner. There's never a 100% certain way to do anything; you're modding, so you're pushing the game to do things it wasn't necessarily designed to. Expect the unexpected, and roll with it.

When you attach an object to something it automatically becomes Non-Dynamic, regardless of whether the box is ticked in the Property Menu. Judging by the above gif, you might think the same thing applies to Collision, but that's not necessarily true. Attachments are very unpredictable when it comes to collision; sometimes collision will work, sometimes, it won't. You can head off uncertainty by turning off Collision once you've attached an object, but there may be some uses for it that make you keep it on, such as attaching a ramp to the front of a truck.

You can also attach vehicles to other vehicles. This isn't something I have a lot of experience with, but a lot of modders love it. It allows you to take the styling cues of a larger vehicle and superimpose them over a smaller one. For an example of this, watch this guy's video tutorial:

(Skip to 9:20 for the hot car-on-car action).

Saving Vehicles

When you're ready to save your creation, you have two options. You can save what you've made as a Spooner file using the method described in the first entry. Or, if everything you want to save is already attached to the vehicle, you can create a Saved Vehicle that you can spawn anywhere you go, rather than one single location.

To save a vehicle, go to Vehicle Options > Vehicle Spawner > Saved Vehicles > Save Current Vehicle.

3lg0EDk.png8TH7Fwh.png

g1HqyNx.pnghask95g.png

To Load your vehicle, use the same menu.

2YwVujm.pngszRoEP5.png

You can set whether the driver will become invisible when you spawn the car, and also whether your attachments will be Persistent (added to the Spooner database). This is an option because having lots of entities and attachments spawned can be a strain on your memory. If you spawn a vehicle with several attachments, abandon it, spawn another vehicle with attachments, and then another, all the previous attachments would be left in the game world taking up memory. The default option of not making them persistent means they will be deleted when you get far enough away from them.

However, some attachments must be added to the database in order to function properly. This includes anything that is invisible, or any pedestrian performing an animation. If your creation uses either of these elements, make sure Persistent Attachments is toggled on. (And then make sure to delete these attachments from the Spooner Database when you're finished with them).

For examples of what you can make by attaching entities to vehicles, check out these two vehicle packs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs6NDYduIXs

Next time: attaching entities to pedestrians to make outfits!

• Quiet Riot, SoDank_ItPainsMe and meimeiriver like this

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:27 PM

The same principle applies to attaching objects to pedestrians.

First select a prop you want to use.

KY0R4lJ.png

Go through the same Attachment Options menu used in the last post and select "Self". You can also attach objects to any pedestrians in your Spooner database, but for this example, we'll be using our own character.

DjWzeb9.png

Just like "Bodyshell" is the default bone for vehicles, "SKEL_ROOT" is the default bone for pedestrians and will place the object in their midsection.

zAv7njM.png

This time I'm going to use the slider to find the Bone I want. Just go up to "Bone" and hit left or right on the d-pad to cycle through them. This doesn't include all the bones you see in the menu when you press Enter, but it covers some very common ones.

ACtEEKq.png

05sxA9j.png

Once the object is in place, I'll adjust the X, Y, Z, and Pitch, Roll and Yaw until it's in the position I want.

7JTYPTx.gif

Perfect!

It's a good idea to disable Collision on any object you attach to your character. The reason for this is that the camera responds to collision and an object attached to your character can give it fits.

For example, this was the view I was locked into momentarily before turning collision off on my TV prop.

rrCChlI.png

If you've attached objects to a pedestrian in your Spooner Database, you can save that pedestrian along with the rest of your database in the same way we saved Spooner Files in previous posts.

However, if you've attached objects to yourself you don't have that option. That's because Object Spooner will not load anything onto your player character. You can save your player character into the Spooner Database, but that will just load a copy of it when you load the map.

To save our creation we need to create an Outfit file. Like the Saved Vehicles in the last post, this is something we can load anywhere on the map, not just the one place we created it. Follow this menu tree:

JhA71Fs.pngfL81rvR.png

SaUoSZ9.pngnA2JQ5n.png

As with vehicles, you'll have the option to make your attachments persistent.

And there you go. You now have the ability to make some truly goofy creations. Here's a video showcase I made for one of my favorites, made by a friend:

• Quiet Riot, SoDank_ItPainsMe and meimeiriver like this

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:10 PM

Pedestrian Basics

So far in this tutorial I haven't done much with Pedestrians besides place them. Pedestrians can be complex and finnicky, but are vital if you want to make machinima or make your map feel "lived in." In this post we'll cover the basics of Pedestrians, and then return to them later in the series for some more advanced tasks.

Still Peds

Pedestrians in GTA V react to the world around them. They'll flee from gunshots and explosions and reckless drivers, will curse you out if you bump into them, and possibly pick a fight with you. It's very impressive AI, but you won't always want your pedestrians to do that. Going into Ped Options and selecting Is Still will keep pedestrians from responding to anything, even you hurting them.

KZDoN1O.pngnhZMkh6.png

Still Peds can be turned on by default for every ped you spawn in the Object Spooner Settings.

One time it helps to have a pedestrian be still is if you've made them Non-Dynamic. Non-Dynamic peds are fixed in one spot, but can still move and attempt to run away-- they just won't go anywhere. It looks a little awkward:

FNlVLxW.gif

This also applies to pedestrians you've attached to vehicles or any other entity, so keep that in mind when using them.

Animations

There are 100,000+ animations in Grand Theft Auto V. These are essential for making movies, but can also add a great deal of human detail to your maps. In Menyoo, you can set an animation for a pedestrian that will loop infinitely by going to Animations in the Ped Options section of the Property Menu.

1kVfPtL.pngnKU4PxF.png

There's a small list of animations to choose from, but you probably won't find exactly what you need. Scroll down to the bottom to find "All Animations."

f82fOgM.png2ebumpS.png

Select "Search." I'm going to search the word "crouch."

Each animation has an Dictionary Name and a Clip Name. For space reasons, Menyoo only displays the Dictionary Name, and when you click on it, takes you to a submenu that displays the Clip Names of all the clips it contains.

For this reason, some of your search results may not contain the word you searched for. But click on the Dictionary Name and you'll see it among the results.

nKJh0II.pngad6IcJs.png

Something to consider when choosing an animation is that it loops. The Ped Options > Animations menu we're using only allows for one animation, which is looped indefinitely. In Grand Theft Auto V, many animations are parts of sets, meaning that they do not return the character to the same position they were in at the start of the animation. Thus, when they loop, they'll look choppy, as the character instantly reverts to a different position at the end of the animation. For an example of this, look at any animation with "intro" or "exit" in its name.

For an animation that loops, you'll need a certain amount of trial and error, but animations with the words "base" and "idle" in them are always a good bet.

Scenarios

Scenarios can be selected from a list, or searched from a list of "All Scenarios." Scenarios are like self-contained sets of animations. With the animation menu, you can only choose a single animation. With scenarios, your pedestrian will flow seamlessly between a base animation and several "idle" animations, which are slight variations. These idles occur at random and make your pedestrian seem much more lifelike than one repeating a single animation ad infinitum.

The drawback of scenarios is that there are only so many of them. If you download Map Editor maps, you've probably seen the same few scenarios used over and over, and used for things they weren't intended for (the Sunbathing scenario for dead bodies always cracks me up). There's much, much greater variety to be found in Animations. You just have to put the work in and search for the one that fits your scene.

Another drawback is that not all scenarios are compatible with all pedestrians. When you look through the All Scenarios list, you'll have more to choose from, but it's much less likely that the scenario you choose will work with any given pedestrian.

Sitting Animations

You'll notice that when you apply a sitting animation or scenario to a pedestrian and place them on top of a sitting surface, it produces an odd levitating effect.

THHcfRe.png

If you attempt to manually move them lower, they'll float back up immediately.

wWc4kSN.gif

You can get around this by making the pedestrian Non-Dynamic, but keep in mind the advice from above about making them Still as well.

nq4C6h7.png

There is a more complex workaround that will allow pedestrians to sit in seats, then get up and run away when they're scared, but this involves the Task Sequencer, which we'll discuss in a later lesson.

Moving and Rotating Pedestrians

Pedestrians can be moved around like any other entity. Unless they are Non-Dynamic, they will even adjust to the elevation of the ground you move them onto. The exception here is rotation. Pedestrians cannot be rotated 360 degrees without causing an odd effect, as if they were stuck in one direction and trying to turn.

You can work around this by applying an Animation. Once an animation is active, your character can be rotated without the effect described above. Rotate them into position, then stop the animation to revert them to normal.

A good animation to use for this is:
Dictionary: mp_sleep
Clip: bind_pose_180

This will make your character completely still, with their arms outstretched, like so:

Q3VplQX.png
Nta1xnr.png
GUQXEeE.png

Pedestrians are also unable to be rotated on the Roll and Pitch axes. To work around this, spawn a small object such as a golf ball and attach your pedestrian to it. You can then rotate the object to the desired position, and it will take the ped with it.

Ragdolling

Another option recently added is "Can Ragdoll." This makes the pedestrian ragdoll if they register even a slight collision. It's fun to mess around with, but this will also snap them out of any animation or scenario you have them playing. It hasn't been thoroughly tested, so my advice is to leave it off unless you want to experiment.

• ech3lon, Quiet Riot, FixingG00D and 2 others like this

FixingG00D
  • FixingG00D

Los Santos Guerrilla Filmmaker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Music Video

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:58 PM

Really really useful and cleared up some issues I experienced such as seat levitating.

Thanks for taking the time to write this.

I look forward to learning the task seqeuncer. Can that chain animations such as base, idle, exit?
  • SoDank_ItPainsMe and meimeiriver like this

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:49 PM

Teleport Markers

Teleport markers are almost self-explanatory. They're markers you place that, when you walk into them, will instantly transport you to another coordinate on the map.

Placing a marker is easy:

Zt50fNe.png5QLJ6Jo.png

Your teleport marker won't send you anywhere until you select the marker you've created from the Manage Markers menu and set a destination, which is as easy as walking to the spot you want and selecting Set to Player Position.

Once you do, you'll see a line with a globe on the end extending from where you've chosen the teleport to take you. You can use this visual to set the direction you'll face when you go through the teleport.

AjWwxo7.png

For a teleport that looks like the ones used in GTA Online, follow these instructions:

(Note: this is purely for looks. Any teleport you choose will function in the same way. I just like to make things look as much like the "official" product as possible.)

Use the following color balance R="93" G="182" B="230" and set opacity to 255. Set scale to 0.75 (Menyoo allows adjustments of .05, but the readout will still say 0.7). Bring the marker to yourself, then lower its Z coordinate by 1.22. Because this marker is partially underground it is non-functional, so you'll need to make an invisible teleport on top of it by creating a marker and setting its opacity to 0. This is the teleport that you'll actually set a destination for.

Miscellaneous Load/Save Features

7a4YXxh.png

On the load screen, you can add a note to be displayed when your map loads. You can also choose to have an audio file play. The audio file you play must be in the mp3 format, and placed in the audio folder in your MenyooStuff directory. The game's ability to recognize this file is a little finnicky; for example, I made a map, assigned an audio file to it, tested it, and it worked fine. Then I changed the name of the map (and nothing else) and the audio function didn't work anymore. It's something you'll have to play around with and experiment.

Also note that the audio file cannot be stopped and will play until it's finished. I'd recommend using something very short, if you use it at all.

Delete World Entities (Within Radius) is bugged and doesn't work. It has occasionally crashed my game, so I'd recommend staying away from it altogether.

Start Task Sequences Immediately will only be relevant once you start using the Task Sequencer, which I'll cover in future installments. CD-Image Loading Coordinates is likewise something we'll deal with in later installments, and can be ignored for now.

This concludes the more basic, introductory part of the tutorial. From here on out I'll be giving more advanced tips that aren't necessary to simply use Menyoo, but can greatly expand what you can create with it. If you're reading this far, I'll assume you are more familiar with Menyoo's structure, and will be using much less in the way of screencaps and illustrative gifs.

• SoDank_ItPainsMe and meimeiriver like this

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:55 AM

IPL Loading

IPL Loading is one of the features that truly sets Menyoo apart. IPL is an extension that stands for Item Placement; they are the files that define the coordinates of every 3d model in the game. Certain scenarios in the game require for an IPL to be loaded. For instance, the yacht is not docked off the shore of Vespucci Beach in normal gameplay, but by loading certain IPLs, can be made to appear. Most trainers integrate IPL loading into their teleport menus, so that loading "Single Player Yacht" will not only take you to the correct coordinates, but also load the necessary IPLs.

But what if you want to create a new map based on one of these environments? You could leave instructions in your map to load this or that IPL before loading your map, but it's much easier to load it along with the map, all in one go. Menyoo lets you do this, but not within the game. You'll have to save a map, then find it within the Spooner folder of your MenyooStuff directory, then open it in a text editor.

The only text editor I use to deal with .xml files is Notepad++. It's freeware and it's easy to install and use, so there's no reason not to have it.

Look through the lines of your file and you'll eventually see this:

<IPLsToLoad load_mp_maps="false" load_sp_maps="false" />

First you'll need to set MP Maps and SP Maps to true or false, depending on whether the IPL you're loading is used for Single Player or GTA Online (among possible IPLs you'll want to load, there is very little overlap between these, so it shouldn't be too confusing).

Then input the name of the IPL in this format (we'll use the IPL for the single player yacht, which is smboat)

<IPLsToLoad load_mp_maps="false" load_sp_maps="true">
        <IPL>smboat</IPL>
    </IPLsToLoad>

(Notice that I've changed sp_maps to "true" since this is a single-player only map)

Below the IPL Load line you'll see one that looks like this:

<IPLsToRemove />

Sometimes you'll also need to remove part of a map that corresponds to an IPL, either because it loads automatically as part of the game world, or because the player may have independently loaded it themselves via teleporting at some point before loading your map. The template for removing an IPL is as follows:

<IPLsToRemove>
		<IPL>smboat</IPL>
	</IPLsToRemove>

You can load and unload as many IPLs as you need. For example, the Heist Yacht is larger and more complicated, so it takes several IPLs to load. In addition to that, it's in the same place as the single player yacht, so we have to remove that IPL, or else it will block off parts of the Heist Yacht. Here's what that would look like in code:

<IPLsToLoad load_mp_maps="true" load_sp_maps="false">
		<IPL>hei_yacht_heist</IPL>
		<IPL>hei_yacht_enginrm</IPL>
		<IPL>hei_yacht_Lounge</IPL>
		<IPL>hei_yacht_Bridge</IPL>
		<IPL>hei_yacht_Bar</IPL>
		<IPL>hei_yacht_Bedrm</IPL>
		<IPL>hei_yacht_DistantLights</IPL>
		<IPL>hei_yacht_LODLights</IPL>
	</IPLsToLoad>
	<IPLsToRemove>
		<IPL>smboat</IPL>
	</IPLsToRemove>

Copy and paste that into your xml file and your map will automatically load the Heist Yacht and unload the Single Player Yacht every time its loaded.

These two threads provide most of the IPLs in the game as of its release on PC:

http://gtaforums.com...entry1067452906

http://pastebin.com/FyV5mMma

Just because something is an interior doesn't mean it requires an IPL to load. Many interiors are loaded with the rest of the gameworld, but are in far off locations underneath the map, and the game teleports you there when you "enter" them. For example, the ten car garage from GTA Online is a single location underneath the map. You can set your reference coordinates inside it to load in it when you load your map, or you can set teleport markers to carry you in and out. Remember, though, if something is MP-only you will need to change the mp_maps value referenced above to TRUE, regardless of if you are loading an IPL or not.

Since the game has come out, there have been some DLC updates that have added notable IPLs.

Penthouse apartments:

apa_v_mp_h_01_a

The "a" at the end can be a, b, or c, depending on which of the 3 penthouses you want (they face different directions).

The 01 can be 01 through 08. This corresponds to the interior style.

1=Modern

2=Moody

3=Vibrant

4=Sharp

5=Monochrome

6=Seductive

7=Regal

8=Aqua

You'll need to unload the other 7 interior style IPLs of the location you choose.

Finance & Felony Offices

ex_dt1_02_office_01a

"dt1_02" refers to the location of the office, and can be replaced for the following 4 values

dt1_02=Arcadius Center

dt1_11=Maze Bank

sm_13=Lombank Center

sm_15=Maze Bank West

"01a" refers to the interior style, and can be replaced with the following

01a=Old Spice Warm

01b=Old Spice Classical

01c=Old Spice Vintage

02a=Executive Contrast

02b=Executive Rich (?)

02c=Executive Cool (?)

03a=Power Broker Ice

03b=Power Broker Conservative

03c=Power Broker Polished

the (?) denotes ones I might've mixed up but can't be bothered to boot the game up and double check. You'll figure it out, I'm sure!

• ech3lon, Quiet Riot, R3QQ and 2 others like this

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:54 AM

Tiling Props

This is a subject I get asked the most questions about, but I honestly thought about leaving it out of this guide, because it will be obsolete soon. With advances in OpenIV and GIMS making full-on Model Swaps available, there won't be much need to make interiors piecemeal out of props. But this is how I did it for maps such as Beach Apartment and Room at the Crastenberg.

Start with a prop that has a flat surface with a texture you want to use. These can be difficult to find, and I'll list some of my favorites later.

Copy that prop, and attach the copy to the original. Move the copy on one axis until it is adjacent to the original.

This is the tricky part. When the two objects have space in between them, you'll be able to tell (especially if you have sh*t anti-aliasing like me). If they overlap each other, it will create a rapid-fire flickering effect. It's not possible for me to show it to you in a gif or even a video, because of how fast it moves, but it is very noticeable. You'll need to find the sweet spot where neither of these visual red flags are present. This can often require adjustments of .001 or a thousandth of a unit, but it is possible to get it right.

I'd suggest writing this value down; you'll use it later. Now go to the original object and use the slider on "Copy" to copy the object and its attachments. Now you have 4 objects. Go to the 3rd object, and attach it to the original. Do the same thing you just did, but for the other axis. Write this value down as well. You should now have a seamless grid of 4 objects.

Using the 2 values you've written down, you can now expand your grid, using the Copy All Attachments function. Pull up the calculator tool in windows to do the necessary math, and then eyeball it to make sure it looks right. Expanding at an exponential rate, you can build up a pretty massive floor or wall fairly quickly.

There's one caveat to this: your PC may only be able to handle so many attached objects at a time before it crashes. This probably depends on your system specs, since what crashes me hasn't crashed others. So I can't tell you what will crash you, but do be careful and save your work when you get over 100 attachments.

You may want to use several pieces you've created this way, but can't because of the attachment limit. A workaround is to place your grid where you want it, save your map, then open your map's xml file in notepad++. Do a find+replace using these terms

<Attachment isAttached="true" />

replace with

<Attachment isAttached="false" />

This will unattach every object in your map.

Creating "Interiors"

You can use this method to create your own interiors with your new homemade floors and walls. Most buildings in the game have empty space inside with no collision, meaning that once you put down props inside them, you can walk around like any other space in the game. One odd exception is that in some buildings, if you jump while inside a building, you'll be propelled outward.

Aesthetically, the main issue with finding a good building to build inside is that any building that isn't more or less flat on the outside is going to look awkward. 3D models in GTA V like buildings are only visible on their outward facing side. This makes it easy to build panoramic views with floor to ceiling windows, but it also means that if there is any kind of protrusion on the side of the building, it will be visible from some angles in the apartment and not others. It kind of breaks the spell and reminds you you're in an area on a game map that you're not supposed to be.

Another aesthetic issue is that, when you walk too close to the edge of one of these building interiors, the camera will collide with the 3d model of the exterior, causing most of the 3d objects onscreen (including the props you have placed inside) to disappear. When I'm "scouting" buildings to make something inside, I'll usually place prop_huge_display_01 as a floor, and v_ilev_fh_slidingdoor as an outer boundary, to see how far I can walk in a given interior without triggering this effect.

As you can see, this method takes a lot of trial and error and patience, and is really only a jury-rigged way to make fake interiors until better tools come along. But if you want to give it a try, here are some props I have used in the past.

prop_tablesmall_01 - light hardwood floor

prop_dummy_car - beige wall

stone/marble-ish floor - hei_heist_tab_coffee_06

hei_heist_str_sideboardl_03 - darker hardwood floor

des_traincrash_root7 - stone/concrete floor

prop_fib_3b_cover3 - concrete driveway/walkway

Carpet

You can use this same basic idea with various rug props (search "rug" in object search). Use the method above, but don't bother to find the exact edge. Just take the second rug prop and move it up on the z axis .001 or .002. Rugs are irregular (not perfectly flat) so this distance is imperceptible. Make the next one in your grid lower by the same amount and alternate them.

• ech3lon, Quiet Riot, SoDank_ItPainsMe and 1 other like this

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:02 PM

Spawning Interior Props

This is where Object Spooner really sets itself apart from any other map-making software currently available. Maybe I'm a little biased, because I suggested this feature. It's pretty important though: it solves the problem of "invalid object" and lets you spawn the full range of the game's props, anywhere on the map.

You may have noticed that certain props will give you a notification of "Invalid Object" and suggest another location for you to try to spawn them, such as a retail outlet or a residence. You may have also noticed that Menyoo fades the screen to black briefly before loading a map and teleporting you to the map's reference point. Finally, you've probably noticed the CD-Image Loading Coordinate feature that we have avoided using so far.

All of these are related. A few months ago I realized that certain props will spawn or not spawn based on where your character is standing on the map. Furthermore, I realized that once you spawned these props, you could move them anywhere on the map and save them, and as long as you were standing in the same spot when you loaded the saved file, they would load into their new positions (across the map) perfectly.

This was automated and added into Menyoo as the CD-Image Loading Coordinates. If you've entered a CD-Image Loading Coordinate for your map, then loading it will teleport you to that location (after the screen fades to black), and then load everything you've saved in the entity database. It will then teleport you to the reference location and fade the screen back to normal. This allows you to spawn all kinds of cool objects that are normally restricted to certain areas of the map, without giving the player complicated directions about where they need to stand before loading your creation.

For instance, say you want to spawn the prop v_res_msoncabinet (Jimmy's huge TV display unit that's littered with videogames and dvds). It's a really cool, unique prop that has a level of detail most of the other furniture in the game doesn't have. But it can only be spawned when you're standing inside Michael's house, or a few other apartment interiors.

Stand inside Michael's house, go to Manage Saved Files, scroll down below CD-Image Loading Coordinates and select Set to Player Position. Now spawn v_res_msoncabinet if you haven't already. Teleport to any other spot on the map where you want to build a map, then select the cabinet and select "Bring Entity to Self" in the property menu. It should appear in front of you.

Now, save your map, and set the reference coordinates to where you're standing. Now whenever you load the file, that object will be there, meaning you can incorporate it into areas of the map you previously couldn't.

You can repeat this process for as many objects as you want. Spawn them in the proper location, set your CD-Image Loading Coordinate to that location, then move them to wherever you please on the map.

The names of the props will give you an idea about what they are, and what location works best for spawning them. Here's a short reference list:

v_club - clubs, nightlife
bah - Bahama Mama's
cc - comedy club (Split Sides West)
vu - Vanilla Unicorn
rock - Tequila-la
v_res - residential
d - denise (franklin's aunt's room)
fa - franklin's house when he lives with his aunt
fh - franklin when he lives in the Hills
j - janitor, the FIB janitor whose apartment you follow him into (yes, they made an entire interior and subset of props for a 30 second cutscene. the game is full of stuff like this)
lest - lester
m - michael
mp - multiplayer apartment
r - ranch, Madrazo's ranch that was cut from the game and only seen in a cutscene
son, or mson - Jimmy's room
tre - Floyd's apartment
tt - Trevor's Trailer
v_med - medical facilities
lab - Humane Labs
cor - coroner's office/morgue
hosp - hospital (this one takes the cake for me, you literally *drive* through this interior for all of 10 seconds
p - psychiatrist (Michael's shrink)
v_ret - retail outlets
247 - convenience stores
csr - car showroom (Simeon)
fh - farmhouse, the O'Neal Brothers' meth lab that Trevor burns down (this is an interesting classification to me, but I guess it is technically a place of business)
gc - gun club (Ammunation)
ml - meth lab, Trevor's meth lab that he runs above a liquor store. includes liquor store items from downstairs.
ps - Ponsonby's (high end clothes)
ta - tattoo parlors
v_serv - services
bs - barber shop
ct - control tower? at zancudo I think.
v_corp - corporate
face - Facebook (lifeinvader).

Just about any of these props can be spawned in the back room of the Vanilla Unicorn (the strip club). You might wonder why, if that location works for spawning anything, that the CD-Image Loadin Coordinate is even an option, and not just set to that location automatically. Well, it originally was, but then we discovered even more cool stuff you can do with that feature! I'll go over that in the next installment.

• ech3lon, Quiet Riot, FixingG00D and 2 others like this

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:50 PM

Shortly after the new loading sequence was added to Spooner, I discovered that this feature didn't just allow me to spawn previously unavailable interior props, it let me spawn entire sections of the interiors I was in. I could stand in the Motel Room interior and pull up its directory in OpenIV, which looks like this:

218NVLC.png

I started typing in the names of all the ydr models into object spooner's custom input field and voila, they would spawn right in front of me. yft models are also spawnable. (You DON'T need to type in the .ydr and .yft extensions).

Everything I wrote in the post above about interior props applies to these things as well. As long as your character is in the right portion of the map when you spawn them, they can be moved to any other part of the map and saved there. So if you set your CD-Image Loading Coordinate you can essentially take any interior and move it anywhere else.

There's one catch though, and it's a big one: these objects have no collision. Unless you want to use something purely as decoration, you're going to have to make what I call "fake collision," which is spawning objects in the same place so that they will provide collision, and making them invisible. This is pretty easily done for floors and large walls, but doing a full interior is quite an undertaking. The UFO Interior, which I made with this method, is large and mostly empty, but it still took me forever to create collision for it, simply because it's circular, and there is no easy way to create rounded walls.

The best large props for making large floors, in my experience:
prop_huge_display_01
prop_billboard13
For more detailed examples, simply download one of my maps like the UFO interior and look through the Entity Database to see what I used.

Another catch is that there are lots of parts to these maps. You can see above how many parts there are for the Motel, and that's just a small room. Furthermore these props don't all just line up neatly when attached to the same coordinate. I recommend using the shell as a base, then attaching all these objects to it, then adjusting their offsets until they fit. They usually will only ("only") require you to adjust down to a hundredth of a point.

While these maps come in multiple pieces, these pieces will still usually be pretty large. They're more like layers than jigsaw puzzle pieces. This makes them somewhat challenging to integrate into your own creations. For example I used many of the paintings from the Customizable Apartments in my Loft Apartment map, but I had to work around the fact that most of these paintings spawned in groups, and if I wanted something on one wall, I had to deal with the painting that would spawn on the opposite wall of the original apartment at the same time.

Now, if you're trying to recreate an interior entirely somewhere else, beware that a) lighting may not spawn at all, and if it does it may look completely wrong. There are a lot of complex things like light blockers and reflection blockers that affect how light from the outside world interacts with an interior, and they're not always spawnable. Sometimes they don't even exist, because an interior was only made to be seen during a cutscene that happens at a certain time of day.

Another thing about lights; when you move them from one place to another, usually over a long distance, they'll stop working. Just copy them after you move them and delete the original. The copy should work fine, and, if you save it, keep working when you load the map later.

One thing you'll notice in some interiors is that there is a "duct" or "dt" or "ducttape" file. This is a large, brightly colored shell that fits around the map, except for its windows. Its purpose is to do all those light blocking and reflecting things I mentioned, kind of like you'd wrap something in duct tape to make sure it's secured.

Some maps don't have this, and you'll notice that when you spawn them out in the open, they'll look very saturated in light, as if the walls are made of paper with a light behind it. light will get in at little cracks and generally illuminate the whole thing in a way that doesn't happen with the original. To remedy this, you have to put the map inside a building. Any building will usually suffice, as long as it's large enough. Weirdly, putting the map underground doesn't work for this. Earth/grass/rocks will not block light, but buildings will.

Speaking of buildings, this isn't just limited to interiors, either. You can spawn entire buildings, sections of grass, landscape, anything really. The UFO interior wasn't listed in the directory of interiors, it was just a large prop I found in one of the Hollywood neighborhood folders.

Here, for your reference is a list of interiors, and their locations in OpenIV
x64h.rpf\levels\gta5\interiors

1 fire department
2 morgue
3 janitor's apartment
4 bahama mama's (unreleased)
5 pacific standard bank
7 ammunation with firing range
8 farmhouse (O'neill's)
9 lifeinvader office
10 Fleeca bank and liquor store
11 meat processing plant
13 recycling center
15 simeon's dealership
16 lowend, midrange, and highend MP apartments
19 vanilla unicorn
20 police headquarters (single player version)
21 splitsides comedy club (unreleased)
22 ammunation (no firing range)
23 jewelry store
24 franklin's house in the hills
25 Ft Zancudo control tower
26 Trevor's trailer
27 Storage room from one of the Epsilon missions
28 Humane Labs
29 Foundry
31, 31a, 31b - tunnels
32 Rural bar (Yellow Jack Inn)
33 IAA building
34 Cluckin Bell factory
35 Lester's sweatshop
36 Tattoo parlor #1
37 Bob Mulet's (hairdresser)
38 regular barber shop
39 Trevor's methlab/liquor store and meth trailer (can't remember seeing this. not Trevor's trailer)
40 Hospital
41 Paleto bank
43 carmod shop #2 (unreleased)
44 Michael's house
45 Hayes Auto (chopshop from the Devin missions)
46 carmod shop #1 and 3 (LSC)
47 building next to jewelry store, sheriff's office
48 FIB lobby
49 tatto parlor #2 and motel room (unreleased)
50 cinema (in the game but you never see the whole thing)
51 low end clothing store (Binco)
52 midrange clothing store (Suburban)
53 high end clothing store (Ponsonby's)
54 Lester's house
55 torture room
56 Madrazo's ranch
57 Franklin's aunt's house
58 Solomon's office and stunt stadium (just a collision model but cool)
59 docks control room
60 airport hangar
61 Floyd's apartment
62 Stadium entrance (Fame or Shame audition mission)
63 Union Depository
64 Tequilala
65 psychiatrist's office
66 247 shop (convenience store)
68 gas station
69 "graboffice" still haven't figured out what this is
70 "biker bar" (just a collision model, probably would have been the interior for Hookie's)
71 prison
72 lowend, midrange, and high end MP garages, single player garage
73 FIB building (normal)
74 FIB (destroyed)
75 surgery room (just a collision model)

various metro stations

update\x64\dlcpacks\mpapartment\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\interiors
int_mp_h_01-8 customizable apartments
1 - modern
2 - Moody
3 - Vibrant
4 - Sharp
5 - Monochrome
6 - Seductive
7 - Regal
8 - Aqua

int_mp_stilts_a - white and red stilthouse interior
int_mp_stilts_b - wood finish stilthouse interior
int_mp_yacht - buyable yacht interior

update\x64\dlcpacks\mpheist\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\interiors
apart_high2 - High Life apartment heist additions
apart_high - highend apartment heist additions
garage_high - highend garage heist additions (not sure what these are)
generic_bank - Fleeca
heist_police - expanded police station
mpheist_carrier - carrier
ornate_bank - Pacific Standard
mpheist_yacht - Heist yacht

x64w.rpf\dlcpacks\mpbusiness2\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\interiors
apt_h_01 - High Life apartment
gar_h_01 - High Life new garage (unreleased)

update\x64\dlcpacks\mplowrider\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\interiors\
supermod_garage_int - Benny's

update\x64\dlcpacks\mpexecutive\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5\interiors

int_office_01_dlc - Finance and Felony Update

01=Old Spice Warm

01b=Old Spice Classical

01c=Old Spice Vintage

02=Executive Contrast

02b=Executive Rich (?)

02c=Executive Cool (?)

03=Power Broker Ice

03b=Power Broker Conservative

03c=Power Broker Polished

int_warehouse_large_dlc - large warehouse

int_warehouse_medium_dlc - medium warehouse

int_warehouse_small_dlc - small warehouse

• ech3lon, Quiet Riot, SoDank_ItPainsMe and 1 other like this

SoDank_ItPainsMe
  • SoDank_ItPainsMe

I found a use for the safe

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:53 PM Edited by SoDank_ItPainsMe, 04 July 2016 - 03:55 PM.

Can confirm this guy is the Menyoo Spoonman and mod on the official forum, his posts concerning it are always solid and I've been reading them for months.

Many thanks for this really well put together and helpful post dude, will be referring to it in future for sure.

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:31 PM

Task Sequence Manager

You've noticed by now that there are many things, like animations and scenarios, that you can assign to a pedestrian, that they will repeat indefinitely. the Task Sequence Manager is a way to assign tasks to a pedestrian in certain increments of time that you can order however you like. For instance, you can make a guard patrol a given area for 30 seconds, then stop to smoke a cigarette. The sequencer functionality has since been expanded to include tasks for objects and vehicles too.

The task sequencer is the newest and most complex addition to Object Spooner, but ironically, I feel like I have the least to write about it. Each of the available tasks you can assign to a pedestrian, vehicle or object is, while not self-explanatory, easy enough to test out. If you've made it this far and are familiar with what Menyoo can do, it's a lot faster to test these out yourself and see first hand what they entail, rather than to read descriptions. I'll try to touch on a few functions that might not be obvious.

One thing that might cause some confusion is that the sequencer automatically repeats itself unless you use the "End Sequence" task. Otherwise, it will repeat ad infinitum, which can wreak havoc with your maps (in ways that are kind of fun, regardless).

There are three basic functions for moving entities from one spot to another, but they go about it in different ways:
Achieve Velocity: You set a direction, a velocity, and an amount of time to travel. Note that velocity takes effect immediately, so this might be a little awkward if you have a car starting from a standstill.
Achieve Push Force: A one time force is applied to your vehicle. Note the above warning about leaving your tasks on repeat. If you don't have a "Nothing" or "End Sequence" or any other task after this, it will repeat and usually leave your object or vehicle sailing uncontrollably into the sky.
Oscillate to Point: This floats the entity to the point. The settings will roughly determine the speed. The time you set does not affect the speed of your entity. If you set it for longer than it takes the entity to reach its destination, then it will continue to float in place.

Triggerfx - this is Menyoo's name for particle effects. Try them out and see what might fit your scene. If you use the normal menu, the effect will simply loop. If you use the sequencer, you can adjust how long it plays, how much time in between plays, and the size of the effect. There's a lot of fun stuff in there, so be sure to look through it. Sometimes a particle effect may not work if the entity it is attached to is too small or too large. Most of the effects in Menyoo were chosen for pedestrians, so try not to stray too far above or below that size threshold.

Closest Appropriate Action - Remember when I mentioned in the Pedestrian Basics post that there was a way to make your peds sit down such that they could actually get up and run away when frightened? This is it. Spawn a ped next to a chair and set this task (it should probably be the only one you set for that character), and they will spawn in performing a scenario appropriate for that prop, such as sitting in a chair, laying back on a deck chair, etc. You'll have to see which props work with which action; my advice is to look around the game world and see what actions ambient pedestrians are making on which prop. Then select the prop in spooner mode to get its prop ID, add it as a favorite, and use it later. This is still relatively new and may have some hitches. For instance those peds that spawned automatically in the chairs I placed at the end of the very first post? Sometimes those guys will show up even before your pedestrian is warped into the chair you've spawned (seat-stealing bastards!) and your spawned ped will simply off to the side. I haven't yet figured out how to counteract this, but it doesn't happen all the time or even most. Just something to look out for.

Animations - this tool is mostly useful for interspersing animations among other tasks such as patrol. At this point it is not precise enough to string together animations for movie making. The time increments are too large, and even when the xml file is edited to play each animation for its exact length (in milliseconds) there is still an awkward gap between animations. It hasn't been tested to do this so for the time being the best tool for this function is Scene Director by elsewhat.

Change Opacity - this can be useful for a kind of "sleight of hand" in constructing interesting map situations. You could have a plane with rubble props preattached to it crash into the ground, then have the rubble props set to change their opacity from 0% to 100% around the time it would impact (and add a dust cloud via triggerfx to hide the transition). That's just an idea off the top of my head that I never had time to pursue; the possibilities are endless. Check out my Dynamic Plane Crashes for an example of what you can do when you have a lot of sequences running in tandem. Lights are also easy to manipulate through opacity. Setting a light to 0% opacity makes it invisible, so the sequencer can be used to make them turn off and on or flash.

A word about lights (more of a miscellaneous tip than anything specific to the spooner). When they are moved too far at once (e.g. via teleportation) they stop working. This inhibits lights from working on Saved Vehicles (because the lights are automatically spawned at their origin point and teleported to the vehicle). It also means that the teleport function (which can be useful for lots of things) is not ideal for use with lights.

Some tasks have an option to "Keep Task Running After Allotted Time." This is somewhat experimental and not by any means fully tested, but is a basic way to have one entity perform two tasks at once. For instance, if you want to have a pedestrian patrol but also speak to the player, you could set a task for patrolling, tick that box, and set the next task for speech. It's fun to play with if you've mastered everything else in the sequencer, and can lead to some fun and surprising results.

That's about it for the Object Spooner Tutorial. Hopefully a few of you have gotten some ideas and are ready to get creative. I may stick around and post a few other mini-tutorials and answer questions if any come up, but this guide should have you well on your way.

Happy spooning!

nYc95v5.gif

• ech3lon, Quiet Riot and AxelEurope like this

Nikki Putin
  • Nikki Putin

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:30 PM

May this magnificent trainer live for goddamn ever

ech3lon
  • ech3lon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:47 AM

Very informative and detailed write-up. It's actually much more than just a Spooner Tutorial, because you explain some of the lesser known game engine mechanics.

I've got a question for you if you don't mind. As part of a mod I'm working on I wrote a script that loads menyoo (and map editor) maps on the fly during gameplay.

Think of it like the auto-load feature of map editor but without stalling the framerate and only loading maps if the player is getting close to them (i.e. based on the reference coordinates). The goal is to have dozens of maps without the need to micro manage them through game interrupting menus - they will simply load (and unload) automatically during gameplay with proper ped AI and everything.

Naturally, during my tests I also tried several of your (impressive!) maps and while most of them load perfectly fine (for example the custom beach hotel room or the airport hotel room), others do not load properly because I cannot spawn certain objects you used for the map. 

For example, I cannot spawn objects such as "prop_tablesmall_01" (hash 1981475410) or "hei_heist_kit_bin_01" (hash 275188277), which are used in your Loft Apartment map. Even though the objects models load into memory, I am unable to actually spawn them into the world. Now, given what you have explained here, my guess is that this problem is related to the "ImgLoadingCoords". So what I have tried is teleport the player to those "ImgLoadingCoords" and then spawn those objects near the player.

In the case of your Loft Apartment map this seems to be one of the multiplayer apartments. But even when I am standing at those coords (i.e. inside the loaded apartment) I am still unable to spawn these objects (prop_tablesmall_01, hei_heist_kit_bin_01, and so on..). I am enabling the correct MP/SP DLCs and loading the proper IPLs btw. Do you have an idea what I'm missing here? It would be a shame if I can only load half of some of your maps when I release a first version of the mod.

Cheers

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:15 AM

That's odd, because prop_tablesmall_01 should be loadable anywhere on the map, without having to use imgcoords or IPLs at all. I was using that in maps before those features were even added. So that right there suggests that there may be something else wrong with how your mod loads objects. Since I have designed them for menyoo, I couldn't say what would cause an object like that not to load via some other mod, though (I don't even code).

I like the idea though, that's something I've specifically wanted Menyoo to do for a while. I'll be keen to test it when it comes out, or you can pm me a link if you want.

• ech3lon likes this

Timboski
  • Timboski

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:24 AM

Great guide for an amazing tool.

I am having one problem though. Is there a way to spawn peds that just go about their business by default? i would like to spawn in some mountain lions that would chase down the nearest pes or even just run away. Maybe some dolphins into Franklin's pool. i have peds set to dynamic and not frozen but the just stand there when spawned. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:06 AM

I am having one problem though. Is there a way to spawn peds that just go about their business by default? i would like to spawn in some mountain lions that would chase down the nearest pes or even just run away. Maybe some dolphins into Franklin's pool. i have peds set to dynamic and not frozen but the just stand there when spawned. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

peds don't just automatically "go about their business," there is a huge amount of behavior programmed into them. Where they're walking to, the actions they'll take when they're idle, the other behaviors like having conversations and talking on the phone. As far as I know, not enough of the games scripts are known that you can just take a ped and drop them into X location then have them go about the normal routine that they would do when they spawn naturally in game.

The best we can do right now, with mods, is using the task sequencer, which gives you the basic building blocks of their behavior. You can set an area for them to patrol, or a route to walk on, scenario actions for when they idle, and you can make this a sequence of these behaviors that repeats indefinitely. But it's a good amount of work. Don't underestimate the time you'll spend if you want to get it right.

ech3lon
  • ech3lon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:09 AM Edited by ech3lon, 25 July 2016 - 07:10 AM.

That's odd, because prop_tablesmall_01 should be loadable anywhere on the map, without having to use imgcoords or IPLs at all. I was using that in maps before those features were even added. So that right there suggests that there may be something else wrong with how your mod loads objects. Since I have designed them for menyoo, I couldn't say what would cause an object like that not to load via some other mod, though (I don't even code).

I like the idea though, that's something I've specifically wanted Menyoo to do for a while. I'll be keen to test it when it comes out, or you can pm me a link if you want.

Thanks for your response. Well, at least that explains why my attempts to use imgcoords do not seem to help in any way in this case :)

My way of spawning things _should_ be okay since I am able to spawn all peds, objects and vehicles in most maps flawlessly.

For some weird reason a few objects, such as prop_tablesmall_01 and hei_heist_kit_bin_01 just don't materialize,

even though I can load their actual models into memory (i.e. game engine reports their models as loaded).

If I recall correctly, there used to be some kind of signature based memory patch to "unlock" a number of objects, perhaps this is something menyoo still uses internally? I really don't know at this point.

I'll look into it some more and maybe open a thread in the coding section, since I don't want to bring your thread off topic too much.

I actually need to find some good testers, as the mod is fairly huge (the map loader is only one module of it) and my time for testing is limited. 

If you are interested, I'll be happy to pm you a link once I think the mod has progressed to the testing stage.

Thanks again and should you come up with any new ideas or information don't hesitate to pm me or let me know in this topic. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Cheers

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:26 PM

If I recall correctly, there used to be some kind of signature based memory patch to "unlock" a number of objects, perhaps this is something menyoo still uses internally? I really don't know at this point.

ah yes, it does still use that actually. You might want to run the standalone object unlocker if yours doesn't have that.

AxelEurope
  • AxelEurope

Smoke weed everyday ♫

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:43 PM

I started to use Menyoo by my one, and experiment is a really good way to learn, however I learn a lot of things and I keep them as reference for future projects, all thanks to you DAMND. And you are really good teaching people thank to your gifs.

Timboski
  • Timboski

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:28 PM Edited by Timboski, 26 July 2016 - 07:29 PM.

peds don't just automatically "go about their business," there is a huge amount of behavior programmed into them. Where they're walking to, the actions they'll take when they're idle, the other behaviors like having conversations and talking on the phone. As far as I know, not enough of the games scripts are known that you can just take a ped and drop them into X location then have them go about the normal routine that they would do when they spawn naturally in game.

The best we can do right now, with mods, is using the task sequencer, which gives you the basic building blocks of their behavior. You can set an area for them to patrol, or a route to walk on, scenario actions for when they idle, and you can make this a sequence of these behaviors that repeats indefinitely. But it's a good amount of work. Don't underestimate the time you'll spend if you want to get it right.

Ah ok yeah that makes sense. I'll mess around with it and get them doing stuff then. I could have sworn that the just wandered off in earlier versions of the menu though.

AxelEurope
  • AxelEurope

Smoke weed everyday ♫

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:10 AM Edited by AxelEurope, 20 August 2016 - 04:36 PM.

1. There is a why to copy multiples objects or copy multiples of time a single object and make it duplicate in straight line?
Is because I want make a wall and I'm copy the same object 200 times and is a torture put it correctly with the mouse.

2. A lot of times, I set up a scene with a lot of objets for a project. I close GTA V, and when I come back,directly going to the editor all objects that I put in the scene I was recording disappeared, so is necessary save them and place them where I recorded each time? 

OlePiratos
  • OlePiratos

Player Hater

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:18 PM Edited by OlePiratos, 20 September 2016 - 08:39 PM.

Hi here :santa:..

I have a problem.. I have placed 'folder menyooStuff, Menyoo.asi and ScriptHookV.dll' in the GTA main folder, but when I in StoryMode activate 'F8', nothing happens ???

I use Win10 64Bit. What about an 'dinput8.dll' ??

ScriptHookV is the latest version..

Hope for help, regards Ole...

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:12 PM

1. There is a why to copy multiples objects or copy multiples of time a single object and make it duplicate in straight line?
Is because I want make a wall and I'm copy the same object 200 times and is a torture put it correctly with the mouse.

2. A lot of times, I set up a scene with a lot of objets for a project. I close GTA V, and when I come back,directly going to the editor all objects that I put in the scene I was recording disappeared, so is necessary save them and place them where I recorded each time? 

1. There's a post called "Tilling props" which is exactly what you're asking about?

2. I don't know what you mean, exactly. If you place objects and then record while the objects are there, they should stay there, unless they are the restricted interior props. For those, you can load those up, then delete them, then start the editor, and they should be in your scene if they were there while you were recording.

Hi here :santa:..

I have a problem.. I have placed 'folder menyooStuff, Menyoo.asi and ScriptHookV.dll' in the GTA main folder, but when I in StoryMode activate 'F8', nothing happens ???

I use Win10 64Bit. What about an 'dinput8.dll' ??

ScriptHookV is the latest version..

Hope for help, regards Ole...

There should be a dinput8.dll file in the scripthookV download. For other questions like this you can ask on Menyoo's download page https://www.gta5-mod...ts/menyoo-pc-sp. This thread is just for the object spooner.

OlePiratos
  • OlePiratos

Player Hater

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:30 PM

Hi DAMND :santa:..

Thanks for answers, its me there was a bit tooo fast, so sorry for that :karmaeater:.. It work very fin, nice job :santa:..

HolaLoish
  • HolaLoish

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Argentina

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

Hi DAMND

Look I dont know you can answer me this but i have a little problem, I need to spawn the prop of the heavy revolver for my project, but it doesnt appear in the list, I added it to the list but there is no model with it, what can I do? Thanks :)

DAMND
  • DAMND

SPANKED-up madman

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:14 AM

Try these

w_pi_revolver

w_pi_revolver_hi

I think one of them works and one doesn't

when you figure out which does, then you can also use these two alternate designs

w_pi_revolver_b

w_pi_revolver_g

(or w_pi_revolver_b_hi, w_pi_revolver_g_hi)

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users