Photo

Blastoise1994's workshop thread [Don't call it a comeback]

27 replies to this topic
Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Chief Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:09 AM Edited by Blastoise1994, 26 June 2016 - 09:02 PM.

So uhh... Hey. Like, five or so of you folks might remember me from uhh... I think it was last year? I sort of appeared, hyped a bunch of stuff I was working on and disappeared without a trace... I'm back. Can't guarantee that I'm back, since I probably won't have the free time I have right now forever (long story) but I am working on a couple mods at this moment in time and figured for the sake of preservation, I might as well start a newer, bigger thread where I can document progress on my modding. 

Everything I was working on in my old thread is gone, 100% wiped out. I can probably re-create the Corrado since it was mostly just bits of the Vincent cobbled together in a different way to look more like a coupe, but the Cootie, the X19 and the Geo are all lost to history for now. (I've pretty much accepted _RicH_'s New Beetle from the Myriad Islands mod as the canon 3D universe New Beetle anyways.) For the purpose of not having this happen again, every time I save in Sketchup, I'm going to upload the files to Google Drive and link them under a picture of my current level of progress in this post. Should I disappear again, ANYONE can feel free to continue on where I left off, consider my mods "open source". 

So anyways, without further ado here's what I'm working on right now! 

1995 BF Club 24V [SA]

1995 Volkswagen Golf GTI [MkIII]

Based on Midnight Club II "Fripon X"

Last updated on: 06/25/16 @ 8:09 PM

4LCGmAW.png

Sketchup: https://drive.google...ZTc0bGwyeUIzeU0

1960 BF "Cootie" De Luxe [VC]

1960 Volkswagen Beetle

Custom model

Last updated on: 06/26/16 @ 4:25 AM

1xRAp42.png

Spoiler

Sketchup: https://drive.google...OG5jdXBrcFU3Tlk

• Jinx., universetwisters, LevelDockSix and 13 others like this

FacFerC
  • FacFerC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Argentina
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:24 AM

Good luck with your workshop, i like these 1995 Club
What is the cause of the lost of your works?
  • Blastoise1994 and Pauloso like this

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Chief Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:33 AM

Thanks! 

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure exactly where it all went. I thought I had it all backed up on my external hard drive, but none of it was there.

• FacFerC likes this

Blue
  • Blue

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

• Facade Corporation
  • Portugal
    Best Workshop 2016 [Runner-up]

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:32 AM

Holy sh*t! Just... HOLY sh*t! I can already tell how this is gonna end up. Lovely car you got there! I seriously can't wait to see the final version of it/in game version. Good luck! :^:
  • Blastoise1994 and Pauloso like this

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Chief Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:44 AM Edited by Blastoise1994, 26 June 2016 - 02:02 AM.

Thanks man! Hopefully it'll end up decent! 

Being fair this isn't entirely by my own hands, it's based on the model of the "Fripon X" from Midnight Club II. All I've done so far was make it look stock. :p

EDIT: Minor edit on the '95 Club, I'm also working on a convertible version! Working name is "BF DiCaprio" because it sounds vaguely like Cabrio and that was a popular actor during that time. :p

The wheels there were mainly for fixing some issues with the wheel arches, despite being a FWD vehicle the rear arches on the Midnight Club model were a good bit larger than the fronts. 

Dg5Po8c.png

• Jinx., universetwisters and Pauloso like this

R3W1ND
  • R3W1ND

Twisted

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:53 AM

Hey! Nice Club. Its very well-made. Waiting for ingame screenshots :)
  • Blastoise1994 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:47 AM

Very nice to see you back once again, hopefully I can see your stuff ingame as well as more Foreign-looking vehicles from MC2 :V
  • Blastoise1994 and Blue like this

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Chief Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:34 AM

Thanks to both of you, and yeah hopefully this time I'll actually get some of it converted over and released, aaaaaaa

I remember back in my first run I took a whack at converting over the Ford Puma from MC2 as well, but never finished it. If I can actually keep myself motivated this time I hope to convert over all the MC2 cars that don't really have GTA counterparts. (Which means exempting things like the Supra and the police 300ZX.) I feel like they'd go really well with a "remake" of GTA III or maybe something entirely new. I know there's a Citroen that would look interesting in GTA... :p

Blue
  • Blue

• Facade Corporation
  • Portugal

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:36 PM Edited by MariÝ, 26 June 2016 - 12:36 PM.

Damn! Midnight Club 2 vehicles! Honestly, this is great. I have a friend who's kinda aiming for the same thing, and he's doing pretty well for himself. Not gonna tell you who it is tho, don't take me wrong, it's just due to privacy terms. I did kinda attempt the same myself, but it's a bit too difficult for me to do so. Well... Good luck, bro!

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Chief Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:05 PM

Thanks! Would you mind telling me which cars they're doing though? That way there's no overlap... Unless they're planning on just straight porting and not changing the model to look stock in which case it wouldn't really matter. :p

Pics of a new car up BTW, 1960 BF "Cootie" De Luxe! Anyone got any suggestions? Does it look GTA enough or is it still too much like the real life Beetle? 

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Chief Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:19 AM Edited by Blastoise1994, 27 June 2016 - 01:24 AM.

Sorry for doubleposting here, but i need some opinions! I'm trying two different front-end types for the Cootie...

A) Like the original Beetle, curves farther in the farther down it goes, looks more like a Beetle but maybe TOO MUCH like a Beetle. Headlights are in fenders.

B) Flat-sided, more appropriate for GTA since it distances the game's model from the original but is still recognized as a Beetle. Headlights are attached to the body.

aDeV3mV.png

• Jinx. and Blue like this

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

amigo

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:10 PM

Maybe do them like here?

gta3_old_03.jpg

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Chief Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:59 AM Edited by Blastoise1994, 05 July 2016 - 10:28 AM.

Ehh, I feel like it looks TOO much like the real Beetle, and that's probably why Rockstar didn't end up keeping the design around in some way. (IMO the Bug from the beta ended up as the BF Injection, because who owns a dune buggy in New York?)

EDIT: If anyone's wondering, I'm still here, I just can't focus because I'm sick...

EDIT 2: For anyone looking, I just decided to edit this post rather than make another one to avoid getting peoples' hopes up. Still sick, it's a tooth infection... Possibly multiple. Pretty freaked out and depressed about it, going to have to get extractions. Can't give a timeframe yet because I don't have insurance and will have to call around to look for a dentist willing to put me in debt to keep me from dying in my twenties from letting my dental hygiene go to sh*t. Work will continue on the Club and the Cootie as soon as I've had the extractions done and have healed up, I promise! 

• Jinx. likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:19 PM

I dunno, I mean it's just impossible to imagine anything the Beetle is to look like anything other than a Beetle, it's just way too iconic. Either keep it based on an actual Beetle and just kill the quality a bit like the VW Bus in San Andreas or stick to converting more sexy European looking cars from MC2.

Baka San
  • Baka San

80's Hero

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:38 AM

Some really nice stuff, I'm really liking the MKIII Golf knockoff (^▽^)

Seeing as I model in Sketchup as well, I decided to have a play with it

08ftmyD.png

Let me know if you need any help, feel free to ask me. Otherwise keep up the good work!

• Blue likes this

Savidge
  • Savidge

kinda still here

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:29 PM

i may be a tad late to peruse this workshop, but i see a very nice assortment of vehicles thus far (even if they're in their preliminary stages). really digging that BF Club though, looks spectacular. i've always had a soft spot for those generations of Golfs.

such a shame to hear that you lost your previous work. i remember you working on that Corrado a while ago and how nice it looked. but, inevitably, these things happen. :(

keep up the awesome work, though! i'm still very impressed with what you have shown here nonetheless!

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:38 AM

The cute looking Cars are back.

Good stuff. :)

Timjab
  • Timjab

Another guy.

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:54 AM Edited by Timjab, 16 September 2016 - 12:00 PM.

Blast, you lose the yakuza stinger? I love that model. :'v
BRHOzWv.png

AlexGRFan97
  • AlexGRFan97

Builder of Robots, Conqueror of Arenas

• Members

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:06 AM

I was going to PM Blastoise but then I noticed this post... anyone still have a copy of his BF Cootie or is that gone permanently?

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Chief Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:56 PM

Hi hi! TL;DR: A lot's happened, I've been working a lot IRL because rent doesn't make itself, etc etc... If any of you folks want to take the bare bones of my projects and run wild with them, feel free to! The download links for the .skp files are there under the photos, just remember to credit!

I'd love to continue on my projects, but currently adulting takes a front seat and during the few hours I'm not working, I'm usually too tired to do anything productive. I'm not saying my fingers are broken and I'll never mod again, just that at this point in my life (And during the past few months when I disappeared again... Sorry! @~@;;; ) it just isn't really something I can realistically devote a lot of time to for the foreseeable future... HOWEVER, I do like to draw stuff sometimes, so you might end up seeing a few GTA lore-friendly car designs up, probably in a different topic? Feel free to nab those and run wild with them too, if you want! Pretty much, consider everything I do open source. :p

On the positive side of things, I did end up getting a more powerful laptop and a copy of GTA V, so some of you folks might see me around in GTA Online when/if I ever get a couple days off!

Again, sorry for disappearing like I tend to do, and I hope you're all having a great day!

• universetwisters and FacFerC like this

FacFerC
  • FacFerC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:00 PM

It sadly you cant mod anymore, good luck
Posibly i will take the Club to finalize
  • Jinx. and Blastoise1994 like this

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Chief Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:19 PM

Have at it man! Yeah, I have these ideas for cars I want to do all the time, but there's just no way for me to keep focus when the rest of my life is so busy... Not that I was that great at keeping focus in the first place, which is why I never finish anything. @A@;

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Chief Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Blastoise1994, A week ago.

So... I'm kind of unemployed right now, which means i have a lot of free time waiting for people to call me back about job interviews and stuff, and I've kind of drifted back into doing GTA modding stuff in the meantime. I'll almost definitely disappear again once I find a new job since working the kind of jobs I tend to get sucks up all my time and energy, but I figured I might as well share what I've made with folks here. 

I'm about three days deep into this car I've been working on, but just realized it might be kind of pointless to continue, considering it shares a lot of similarities with the Bravura and might be seen as too similar to really matter all that much. It's a VERY heavily modified version of the Manana made to look like a late 80s/early 90s Dodge Shadow/Plymouth Sundance/Shelby CSX. (I still have backups of the 1960s Cootie and the 1998 Club, this is just a lot easier to do.)

t7FLhex.png

sxa4wEU.png

To really finish this up and release it legitimately, I'll need to fix some transparency issues, fix the shading (Shows up VERY dark ingame for some reason?) and build the damage parts. 

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the grille is actually an extra part. Might make another extra that's the horizontal grille plus some vertical slats as well.
VjQVP7I.png

EDIT 2: Also forgot to mention, if I end up getting a job or end up getting bored of modding or something I'll drop the .dff and .txd files of what I have at that time here for anyone else to mess with as they please.

• Jinx., Leonazix, Stierlitz and 3 others like this

JackProductions
  • JackProductions

Running in the 80s

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I don't think it looks like Bravura at all, also what happened to the Cootie?

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Chief Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I still have the Sketchup file for the 60s one, but the download link for the 2000s one went down ages ago and I don't have any backups, sadly. I've pretty much just come to accept SeaNorris' version from GTA Myriad Islands as the unofficial canon in-universe New Beetle anyways. :p

Blue
  • Blue

• Facade Corporation
  • Portugal

Posted A week ago

Nice kitbash, bro! It's coming along real nice IMHO. Though I gotta agree in that it looks nowhere close to a Bravura. :p

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Chief Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Appreciated! I'm glad to hear people don't think it's too similar to the Bravura, though I guess the Bravura is more of a LeBaron than it is a Shadow/Sundance?

• Blue likes this

Nagletz
  • Nagletz

There is no method in this madness..

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

Another good modder here. Come back'd modder, hehe.
Good cars, especially club-fripon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users