Quantcast

» «
Photo

Red Dead Online - Discussion & Speculation

216 replies to this topic
Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:00 AM

They're probably going to do the same thing as GTA V to let people experience the single player.

• Android likes this

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

i have another good online question for you all. how should red dead redemption online be released? should it be like the original redemption. or like gta online. what I mean is in rdr multiplayer was released when it came out. in gta o it came out a few weeks after the singleplayer came out. I like the way gta o did it. that way you had time to beat the story and explore. find secrets and look for good spots that would be good in multiplayer. it was a good way to get prepared. get a lay of the map. and get used to the gameplay mechanics. like the shooting. horse riding, minigames, good hideout spots etc. I just hope however they do it they prepare for a big release. remember in gta o when on release day it was hard to get in. hopefully this time they will be ready. at least the community wont be as big. but it will still be a lot of players on at once. what do yall think?

2 weeks to play and get tired of SP and then R* will ride that RDRO train until GTAVI releases

• MojoGamer likes this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

i have another good online question for you all. how should red dead redemption online be released? should it be like the original redemption. or like gta online. what I mean is in rdr multiplayer was released when it came out. in gta o it came out a few weeks after the singleplayer came out. I like the way gta o did it. that way you had time to beat the story and explore. find secrets and look for good spots that would be good in multiplayer. it was a good way to get prepared. get a lay of the map. and get used to the gameplay mechanics. like the shooting. horse riding, minigames, good hideout spots etc. I just hope however they do it they prepare for a big release. remember in gta o when on release day it was hard to get in. hopefully this time they will be ready. at least the community wont be as big. but it will still be a lot of players on at once. what do yall think?

2 weeks to play and get tired of SP and then R* will ride that RDRO train until GTAVI releases

that would be awesome, to see R* support RDO until infinity.....I mean 2023....I mean, whatever.

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

and watch SP get kicked to the curb again... 

Its like poetry

• Ronno and 1898 like this

Drunkard

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:29 PM Edited by 1898, 11 July 2017 - 05:30 PM.

"provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience."

This comment sounds like the emphasis will be MP but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't plenty to do in SP also. At least as much as 1.

• Dee. and highzman420 like this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:19 PM Edited by Noclue_42, 11 July 2017 - 07:22 PM.

you know what, they'd just have to polish the graphics and add a new story/setting. aside from that, they wouldn't have to change anything really from RDR. add the dual wielding ability and I'm sold anyways...I guess

edit: oh I forgot, this is about the future of RDOnline, I never played much online with RDR, just an hour or two maybe. obviously it will be very different but I could see myself liking it, at least parts of it. what I originally said obviously was directed towards singleplayer.

• highzman420 likes this

spidey1234
  • spidey1234

Everything happens for a reason.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

Since RDR 2 presumably takes place before 1911, I guess it's safe to say that flying horses aren't going to be available at any point..

Well, at least we'll have animals again like RDR, it was disappointing that you couldn't be eaten by a shark in GTA Online, not even any birds are present I believe.

I hope Gang Hideouts return, GTA Online had this in the form of Gang Attacks but they were less interesting IMO.

It's obvious that currency will be in Red Dead Online, but I think that items at first will be very cheap at first like GTA Online, then maybe they'll add rocket carriages a year later at the price of $2,000,000.

Very interested in the variety of horses. I wish the fastest horses were to be rare and found in the map, rather than bought, but Horse Cards will stop that from happening.

Sobchak
  • Sobchak

"Entrepreneur"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:27 AM

Rockstar could expand the use of ranches or other properties in Red dead Online. I hope we get a more in-depth property system that involves smaller missions like collecting materials to run a farm or other export businesses present in the setting. They could really take advantage of the idea...hopefully.

• highzman420 likes this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:51 AM

If they still haven't upgraded to dedicated servers, I'm losing my sh*t.

Arabia
  • Arabia

Snitch

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:57 AM

If they still haven't upgraded to dedicated servers, I'm losing my sh*t.

If they do upgrade to dedicated servers, I sure hope they have a wide variety location-wise.

US and EU aren't enough.

Biter
  • Biter

MC President

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:07 AM Edited by Biter, 08 September 2017 - 10:08 AM.

Since RDR 2 presumably takes place before 1911, I guess it's safe to say that flying horses aren't going to be available at any point..

Well, at least we'll have animals again like RDR, it was disappointing that you couldn't be eaten by a shark in GTA Online, not even any birds are present I believe.

I hope Gang Hideouts return, GTA Online had this in the form of Gang Attacks but they were less interesting IMO.

It's obvious that currency will be in Red Dead Online, but I think that items at first will be very cheap at first like GTA Online, then maybe they'll add rocket carriages a year later at the price of $2,000,000.

Very interested in the variety of horses. I wish the fastest horses were to be rare and found in the map, rather than bought, but Horse Cards will stop that from happening.

You will get flying Pegasus horse DLC! Guaranteed. We have fantasy flying bikes in GTAV and a Batmobile on the way. 

Salulard
  • Salulard

Work, ya damn nag! 🎖

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:37 AM

Buying a farm and selling the crops from the cultivated land either to a town or to nearby farms suffering hardship would be grand.

• highzman420 likes this

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Jonny Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:38 PM

^ To add to that. Being able to sell your crops and lifestock to other players. Even be able to hire other players as farmhands.
  • Salulard and highzman420 like this

Johnson Johnson
  • Johnson Johnson

Que VIADAO BUNITU Hein

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

They should just copy and paste rdr multiplayer and free online, personaly i will never pay ps plus to play online

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

Well then you're out of luck, needing PS+ for online play is mandatory unless the game is F2P.

• Salulard likes this

Johnson Johnson
  • Johnson Johnson

Que VIADAO BUNITU Hein

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:19 AM

Damn rdr multiplayer is still doomed C* didnt even try fix it shame

Melted_INC
  • Melted_INC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:33 AM

"provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience."

This comment sounds like the emphasis will be MP but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't plenty to do in SP also. At least as much as 1.

this sentence scared me when i read it but im pretty confident they won't neglect the single player for this one its been a long time coming

paul
  • paul

We can do this the easy way or the Yard way

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Octopus

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:35 AM

i give it 9 months for the free aim servers to be a ghost town

• Dee. and Van Nelle like this

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Jonny Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:05 PM

Now that we have gotten a general sense of what the story will be about for RDR2, I wonder if online will have it's own story like in GTAO or if it'll be like RDR1's online where we have no narrative. I also doubt we'll have as many RPG elements as was speculated. Arthur doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who has his own ranch or farm nor cares about those things. So I doubt we'll get to run our own in online.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

All indications are that Arthur and the gang spend this entire game moving around running from the law, so any RPG elements will probably not include much settling down.

As far as online, I'm expecting something along the lines of GTA Online.  I doubt it will be as packed with stuff (there's just far less content that is appropriate to the Red Dead setting), but I'm anticipating a similar approach with introductory cut scenes, missions you can do, free roam content of various kinds, deep customization, and (sigh) microtransactions out the butt.

• Rafae and Jon Jon like this

Ben_GTAV
  • Ben_GTAV

Lord Of War

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

So I was just wondering what you guys think about how RDR2 will work Online. I barely played the last one online since I found single player to be much more fun. However, with what GTA V has done for online gameplay the possibilities are endless for RDR2.

Do you think we will be able to purchase multiple houses, shacks, etc? It would be awesome if we could own different places around the map to use as spawn locations like we do in GTA V.

For instance - Id love to own a shack in the middle of the forest and then another shack or house in the snowy mountains. Spawn points would be infinitely more useful in RDR2 since you have to use horses to get around. You cant just hop in a plane or heli to get from point A to point B.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:00 AM

I wanna buy an empty plot of land and build my own log cabin. 

• Ben_GTAV likes this

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Do you have my bag?

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:52 AM

I want to send cougars after your log cabin

• Zello and Dee. like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:39 AM

I want to live in a room above a saloon.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:41 AM

I wanna manage and run a strip saloon

Ben_GTAV
  • Ben_GTAV

Lord Of War

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:52 AM Edited by Ben_GTAV, 01 October 2017 - 01:54 AM.

Thats a dope idea!

I was also thinking maybe Rockstar will let us set up camp in a tent at random locations. Sort of like how they let us choose last location for a spawn location in GTA V.

Thoughts?

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Jonny Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:23 AM

I wonder how many people will bitch about not having enough room in their horse stable to store more horses.
  • DexPac likes this

SprinklesMcFartza
  • SprinklesMcFartza

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:28 AM

I want to have a bear for transportation.
  • MojoGamer likes this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:34 AM

I want a Flying Nimbus and fight zombies. :lol: 

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Do you have my bag?

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:59 AM

I hope character creation is a combination of creating your own character or choosing to play as one. Like what Max Paybe 3 did. No parents bullsh*t though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users