saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:44 AM

Take Two's financial conference call is on 7th February, there's still time yet, it'd be a great time for their investors to reveal *something*

(although it's easy to convince ourselves of that since we're thirsty for info)

2012 still hurts! :p

Oh God yes... That was awful what they did for us.. I remember that random AandA in the summer where they showed 2 screenshots and the whole internet went berserk lol XD 

I fully expect Rockstar marketing to screw the fans again with a frustrating, enraging info drought and clueless, uncoordinated, contentless news releases.  

I remember the TTWO July 2012 conf call, I think it was, when they announced some bad news for GTAV.  TTWO stock went down to $8 per share.  I was actually thinking of buying a little bit then, but I didn't feel like getting screwed twice by Rockstar, if the price continued to decline.  Over the past 4 years, though, it's gone up to high $40's, so I would have made some paper.  Too bad.  

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:57 AM Edited by Noclue_42, 01 February 2017 - 07:59 AM.

just read that after march 6th transferring your characters from PS3/360 to newer platforms  in GTAO will no longer work. making way/space for RDRO? 

btw I hope that RDRO will have gang wars as seen in Max Payne 3, that gameplay, ffffffffff

éX-Driver
  • éX-Driver

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

I really hope the online will not have some stupid animal masks and face paints and other unfitting customisation options, like in gta online that will destroy the feeling of the old west. 
I hope it haves just normal old time clothing and stuff that you could imagine see in real life in those times.

No, what they will have is coat and tails and stovepipe hats that're way taller than any real one. And domino masks and plague masks. They're more period correct, and just as stupid.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

DILF in waiting

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:53 PM

I haven't been keeping up, has there been anything since the trailers?

Anarckhy
  • Anarckhy

Title delayed due to more polishing.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:56 PM

I haven't been keeping up, has there been anything since the trailers?

Nope. Radio silence. 

• GTA_stu likes this

FriendlyFireOFF
  • FriendlyFireOFF

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:18 PM Edited by FriendlyFireOFF, 25 April 2017 - 03:01 PM.

Wonder how the cash card system will work in the old west eh?

CaptainMental
  • CaptainMental

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:36 AM

I hope we see more pay to play, for instance weapons and horses and cabins/farms that one has to pay real money to be able to own. It would sort out a lot of kids from having those advantages and therefore make the game enjoyable since it's supposed to be rated 18 anyways. Plus Rockstar also needs a viable way of making money on online and selling just cash for cash probably won't be sufficient.
  • highzman420 likes this

FriendlyFireOFF
  • FriendlyFireOFF

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:01 PM

Be interesting to see what Online DLC will come.

I saw on another site a while back that a freak of a guy in his 20's posted he wanted My Little Pony to which he was mocked and rightly so. Then again it would keep those freaks from looking at underage stuff for a while. :miranda:

I assume heists will be back at some point. That would be cool.

DexPac
  • DexPac

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:09 PM

I hope we see more pay to play, for instance weapons and horses and cabins/farms that one has to pay real money to be able to own. It would sort out a lot of kids from having those advantages and therefore make the game enjoyable since it's supposed to be rated 18 anyways. Plus Rockstar also needs a viable way of making money on online and selling just cash for cash probably won't be sufficient.

I feel like, with that model, you're going to lose a lot more rational minded adults who can't justify paying real money for a fake barn then kids who've never payed with their own money for anything.
  • B Dawg, The Sullinator, Dee. and 1 other like this

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:42 AM

that sounds absolutely awful

• B Dawg, DexPac, The Sullinator and 2 others like this

Arabia
  • Arabia

Snitch

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:05 AM Edited by Arabia, 30 April 2017 - 05:05 AM.

That sounds p2w.

P2w is horrid, I don't think this is a good idea at all.

I'm pretty sure that without jets, tanks, and other military grade hardware there won't be as much trolling.

• B Dawg and Dee. like this

DexPac
  • DexPac

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

What's everyone's theories on what Sony's timed exclusive content will be? I can't really imagine the online mode having substantial DLC at all, let alone something worth paying for the timed exclusive rights to.

My guess is some sort of PVP modes at most with some clothing and weapons at least.

DGSimo
  • DGSimo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

Could be all PS4 players get a substantial amount of cash to start with exclusive weapons or horses. Perhaps other cosmetic items if online offers customization. They could make certain Gang Hideouts exclusive to PlayStation too.
  • BurnettVice likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

I'm expecting something along the lines of some exclusive clothing options or maybe some exclusive missions at most, can't imagine they'll go too crazy with it.

• BurnettVice and highzman420 like this

infectedG636
  • infectedG636

Red Dead Redemption 2 Prediction Release date: 05/08/2018

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:29 AM

Other than micro transactions, as usual, there will be social club exclusives. Keep the same crew like in gta v and max Payne 3. Maybe some exclusives for members who stick around gta online. I could see a 30 player lobby. Maybe less depending how their servers might work. I say less cause they never added animals on Gta online probably because they knew it would be sh*t or buggy. Depending on what they've been working on for their servers, it could of been inproved.

FriendlyFireOFF
  • FriendlyFireOFF

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:01 AM

Hobby Horsing the new GTA racing? :beerhat:

http://www.craveonli...-taking-finland

hobby-horsing.gif

A.O.D.88
  • A.O.D.88

Brian Jeremy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:07 AM

Oh don't worry online fans, the online will get everything you can think of and then a ton on top of that. If you love online multiplayer rockstar's got you covered in spades.

The SP story mode will not even be a fraction of GTA V's, probably no more than a 5 minute instruction tutorial prepping everyone to jump straight to the online!

Microtransactions and shark cards will be back, bigger and badder then ever so get ready to dig in this October!!

• FriendlyFireOFF likes this

FriendlyFireOFF
  • FriendlyFireOFF

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:53 AM

Oh don't worry online fans, the online will get everything you can think of and then a ton on top of that. If you love online multiplayer rockstar's got you covered in spades.

The SP story mode will not even be a fraction of GTA V's, probably no more than a 5 minute instruction tutorial prepping everyone to jump straight to the online!

Microtransactions and shark cards will be back, bigger and badder then ever so get ready to dig in this October!!

The Benz is that you? :whistle:

• A.O.D.88 likes this

Dee.
  • Dee.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:37 AM

Could be all PS4 players get a substantial amount of cash to start with exclusive weapons or horses. Perhaps other cosmetic items if online offers customization. They could make certain Gang Hideouts exclusive to PlayStation too.

id hate that. it kinda ruined gtav for me because you instantly get 500k at the start of the game

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:20 PM

I apologize if it has been appeared before, as i am not very frequent in this section, but this screenshot might interest you, as this guy is actually a Rockstar employee.

X8Olewl.png

Dee.
  • Dee.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:21 PM

I apologize if it has been appeared before, as i am not very frequent in this section, but this screenshot might interest you, as this guy is actually a Rockstar employee.

X8Olewl.png

extremely..extremely old news.

Arabia
  • Arabia

Snitch

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:29 AM Edited by Arabia, 21 May 2017 - 07:33 AM.

I really hope there are no player blips in free roam.

I hope that for every player that isn't your friend, you're given a general area of where the person may be in a radius around them IF they're wanted and you happen to find a bounty poster for them.

It would make hunting for bounties much much more interesting as you would have to examine the bounty poster and figure out what the player looks like, and this gives the player the opportunity to blend in with crowds at the local saloon or even on the street... It would add a new mechanic to the boring bounty system of GTA:O. It would also reduce troll/dickish behaviour, as little kids don't have enough patience to ride around looking for random people to kill. That way, you don't need passive lobbies/normal lobbies OR passive mode for trolls to show up and kill you then go into passive mode.

OH and proximity VOIP, please. Not global voice chat. I'd hate for me to be immersed in the open world and then all of a sudden hearing some random garbage from a kid who left his mic on. 

• Duxfever, gtafan26, Biter and 2 others like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:33 PM

I really love adversary modes from gta online. I know a lot of people don't like them. I have been thinking lately how cool it would be to see some cool old west styled adversary modes. the way I see it this could be the only way they could get away with some wacky things. look at gta o land grab or tiny racers. land grab is set in the air on a floating grid platform thing. obviously that dosent exist in free mode. it is a very fun mode imo.

for tiny racers like cunning stunts its set in a floating race track in the sky in a top down view. they could have something similar in rdr multiplayer. a top down view of horse racing. with some cool pickups. but no random race track in the sky though. that could be fun.

some of my ideas for adversary modes.

a spin on juggernaut my favorite adversary mode from gta o. two teams and one juggernaut carriage on each team. instead of it being a armored suit for the player to wear. the juggernaut is a carriage with heavy armor plating. like the one that Allende and Williamson used to flee in. it has a gatling gun on the back for one gunner to use and another player is the driver. and the regular players are just on horseback fighting the enemy and trying to take out the enemy juggernaut. players are equipped with a stick of dynamite a rife and a pistol. the horses aren't invincible but are armored and can take a lot of damage. the team that destroys the juggernaut carriage or kills all its horses wins.

capture the train. do you remember in the original redemption you could jump on a moving train while on a horse? well start practicing that again because in capture the train you will have to do a lot of that. the train is constantly moving. nothing can stop it. the train is loaded with gold and all you have to do is fight the enemy team and crack the safe to get it. once you board the train you have to get to the safe. and then you have to crack it. just like in a gta o biker mission. there is also 1 gatling gun on the train for a player to use. if a player can take it they have a good advantage on the enemy.

these are all the ideas I have for now. what do you all think? also like gta o every time they add a new adversary mode they would probably do double money and rp. another great incentive to play them. I hope im not the only one here who likes adversary modes. as long as they don't add the wacky stuff in free mode I think it would be awesome. also if anybody has any write down your ideas for some fun unique but not too crazy adversary modes.

Dee.
  • Dee.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:46 PM

I really love adversary modes from gta online. I know a lot of people don't like them. I have been thinking lately how cool it would be to see some cool old west styled adversary modes. the way I see it this could be the only way they could get away with some wacky things. look at gta o land grab or tiny racers. land grab is set in the air on a floating grid platform thing. obviously that dosent exist in free mode. it is a very fun mode imo.

for tiny racers like cunning stunts its set in a floating race track in the sky in a top down view. they could have something similar in rdr multiplayer. a top down view of horse racing. with some cool pickups. but no random race track in the sky though. that could be fun.

some of my ideas for adversary modes.

a spin on juggernaut my favorite adversary mode from gta o. two teams and one juggernaut carriage on each team. instead of it being a armored suit for the player to wear. the juggernaut is a carriage with heavy armor plating. like the one that Allende and Williamson used to flee in. it has a gatling gun on the back for one gunner to use and another player is the driver. and the regular players are just on horseback fighting the enemy and trying to take out the enemy juggernaut. players are equipped with a stick of dynamite a rife and a pistol. the horses aren't invincible but are armored and can take a lot of damage. the team that destroys the juggernaut carriage or kills all its horses wins.

capture the train. do you remember in the original redemption you could jump on a moving train while on a horse? well start practicing that again because in capture the train you will have to do a lot of that. the train is constantly moving. nothing can stop it. the train is loaded with gold and all you have to do is fight the enemy team and crack the safe to get it. once you board the train you have to get to the safe. and then you have to crack it. just like in a gta o biker mission. there is also 1 gatling gun on the train for a player to use. if a player can take it they have a good advantage on the enemy.

these are all the ideas I have for now. what do you all think? also like gta o every time they add a new adversary mode they would probably do double money and rp. another great incentive to play them. I hope im not the only one here who likes adversary modes. as long as they don't add the wacky stuff in free mode I think it would be awesome. also if anybody has any write down your ideas for some fun unique but not too crazy adversary modes.

Yeah I think it would be best if R* would separate their games and not make them too similar. RDR is supposed to be more grounded than GTAV and thank God for that. GTAV has become some 5 year olds fantasy game. Something similar like capture the bag would be cool again but no top down horse carriage thing please

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Jonny Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:22 AM

I want to see the gamemodes from RDR1 be in RDR2 as well as some new ones.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:31 AM

i  don't know if this has been discussed yet so don't be upset if it has. I was thinking earlier about the rank up system. how should it be? should it be like gta online or the original redemption? I like the redemptions legend system. it was cool. you had to work towards all these cool characters and mounts. in gta o you have up to 8000 ranks there is no prestiging system. but you unlock different stuff after each level until 120 I think. correct me if im wrong. after that it feels pointless to get rp. everytime I do double money and rp I always wish I could get extra money in exchange for no rp. right now at the rank im at leveling up dosent matter to me. its mostly just for show. in rdr2 o I want to see more cool unlocks. that's why I hope they bring legend back. it was cool when you unlocked those rare unique mounts and characters. in rdr 2 they could add more legends and more things to unlock. it is also a cool feelng to start from scratch again. with just a cattleman revolver you were out gunned. but if you did co op missions or other game modes you would have higher level pretty quick.

I guess the only downside would be that since there will more than likely be buyable horses and guns. resetting your horses and guns would suck. unless they could do it another way around. but I liked the legend ranking up. it was cool. better than how gta o does it in my opinion. and since we are on the subject of legend and unlocking should they bring back unique mounts? like the zebra donkey or buffalos or bulls? I thought they were cool and fun. now I know what some people are gonna say. no way keep that wacky stuff out of here. but im not talking about adding nitro chrome rocket powered horses. im talking realistic mounts that are unique. heck why cant they add a real zebra? sure it would be weird but it would be very expensive. maybe they could have an import export exotic animals. I have always wanted to have animals from across other countries in gta or rd. so why not? these would be the rarest and most expensive in the game.

you could have a few lions protecting your farm or cabin or whatever you live in. have a zebra to ride. im not saying to turn the whole heartland into an African safari but it would be cool if they add a few rare animals. and knowing rockstar this would be a good way to make money from the cash cards. im sure most people wont want it but I think it could be cool if it is done right. I mean come on who wouldent want to see a lion vs bear fight. and also you wouldent have to have these animals either it would be optional. so what do you all think? please don't hate it is just an idea. I doubt it would be used either. would anyone like to see this?

CnocBride
  • CnocBride

Chairman of Smithwicks Incorporated

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:38 AM

I think, seeing the success of heists within GTA V, there will be a even larger presence of heists within Red Dead Redemption 2. If your like me and played Red Dead a lot you will know about the breaking into safes and stealing the money from there. This was a great source of income and was also pretty fun to try and get away from the sherrifs but sadly it was pretty simple.

I hope Rockstar work on this and introduce more complex heists. I know they will be a little more watered down then GTA V heists due to the fact this is set pre 1920s. I do think this is likely because if you listen to John Marston during cutscenes and he is talking about his life in Dutchs gang you will hear him going on about how he was left for dead by Dutches during a robbery. I would really like to see something like this incorporated into the game. Also the trailer gives us a clue to the fact that we will most likely be in a gang and it could be Dutches gang so maybe we could see some big robberies sometime.

• highzman420 likes this

Dee.
  • Dee.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:49 AM

I think, seeing the success of heists within GTA V, there will be a even larger presence of heists within Red Dead Redemption 2. If your like me and played Red Dead a lot you will know about the breaking into safes and stealing the money from there. This was a great source of income and was also pretty fun to try and get away from the sherrifs but sadly it was pretty simple.

I hope Rockstar work on this and introduce more complex heists. I know they will be a little more watered down then GTA V heists due to the fact this is set pre 1920s. I do think this is likely because if you listen to John Marston during cutscenes and he is talking about his life in Dutchs gang you will hear him going on about how he was left for dead by Dutches during a robbery. I would really like to see something like this incorporated into the game. Also the trailer gives us a clue to the fact that we will most likely be in a gang and it could be Dutches gang so maybe we could see some big robberies sometime.

or this game has its own identity and its own thing going on for it? Idk call me crazy but I prefer games with their own identity. 

IF heists are in the game I hope they're more akin to GTA O and not GTAV because GTAV's were a scriptfest and it became f*cking boring. They were all spectacle and lacked any freedom or new and fun gameplay mechanics. Maybe you could just hire random criminals to tackle a train heist with you and you can execute it anyway you see fit. I'd prefer that

highzman420
  • highzman420

IM NOT HYPE, IM OBSESSED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:02 PM

RDRO is all im really excited about, i hope we can buy Preset Outfits like in the first. I hope heist are given a huge focus and how they can executed. I hope they just build on the heist feature and improve it more in depth. Im praying FACTIONS are the foundation of RDRO. ONLINE is where the longevity lies for me, but all i ask for is a Undead Nightmare 2 DLC and im happy.
  • tonko likes this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:48 AM

i have another good online question for you all. how should red dead redemption online be released? should it be like the original redemption. or like gta online. what I mean is in rdr multiplayer was released when it came out. in gta o it came out a few weeks after the singleplayer came out. I like the way gta o did it. that way you had time to beat the story and explore. find secrets and look for good spots that would be good in multiplayer. it was a good way to get prepared. get a lay of the map. and get used to the gameplay mechanics. like the shooting. horse riding, minigames, good hideout spots etc. I just hope however they do it they prepare for a big release. remember in gta o when on release day it was hard to get in. hopefully this time they will be ready. at least the community wont be as big. but it will still be a lot of players on at once. what do yall think?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users