Red Dead Online - Discussion & Speculation

225 replies to this topic
Pressure Drop
  • Pressure Drop

Rocksteady

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:48 PM

One thing that needs to be implemented IMO is SEPERATE LOBBIES for assisted and free aim.

In GTA, since day 1, if you choose "assisted free aim" setting, you can get into free aim lobbies. This is ridiculous, the free aim lobby should be ONLY for pure free aim, there should be no way to have any assistance whatsoever. The partial assist thing is really dumb, so please don't make that mistake again Rockstar!

• Quintenr95, Pink Pineapple and Neon_Dreaming like this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:36 PM

There should only be 1 lobby. 99% of people are just going to go the the easy assisted aim lobby.

The normal aiming in RDR was great. Lock on for a split second and then free aim. Best of both worlds and full lobbies.

• Feurian42, CobrasCurse and highzman420 like this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:01 PM

Hope we'll see a couple of max payne 3 modes in there, survival, gang wars, all that intense stuff. Paired with that action-on-the-fly thing they got going on in GTA-Online where seemingly always something is going down- I'msure life in the old west won't be boring 

• highzman420 likes this

highzman420
  • highzman420

IM NOT HYPE, IM OBSESSED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:53 PM

Hope we'll see a couple of max payne 3 modes in there, survival, gang wars, all that intense stuff. Paired with that action-on-the-fly thing they got going on in GTA-Online where seemingly always something is going down- I'msure life in the old west won't be boring 

i believe Rockstar wont let us down, its a bit hard to think of what a whole new online experience will look and feel like. But i would like to see the world living and breathing. i think bounties/wanted levels should be revamped. I would like to see something along the lines of freeroam being revamped. Personally i would like to be able to roam the map and walk into a town and not know what will happen.. i would like to see gang hideouts,territories even towns take a whole new turn for the better. Would like if you & your gang members can build or overrun towns, rob banks, trains, produce/smuggle moonshine & tobacco, even be a lawman and hunt bandits. Upgrade hideouts to protect you from bounty hunters & lawmen(online characters) when wanted, like bear traps, dogs, horseblocks & TNT etc. And everything from duels to treasure hunts return from RDR.

CobrasCurse
  • CobrasCurse

Try me you die...Im addicted to ruining your fun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:32 AM

My only thing is i want Combat lobbies & Passive lobbies...passive mode was created with trolls in mind...get rid of it & ill be happy
  • saintsrow, Cameron Star and Gabriela_L like this

DarksunDaFirst
  • DarksunDaFirst

High Elder of the UnSeelie Court

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:27 AM

Eh, depending on map size I'm sure they could do a lot better than 30, depends on how the multiplayer works in general though.

Also depends on how much the Xbone and PS4 can handle.

Ahhhh....remember 256 player lobbies in MAG?

Damn it, 30 is too few. We need 48 or 64.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Pressure Drop
  • Pressure Drop

Rocksteady

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:21 PM

There should only be 1 lobby. 99% of people are just going to go the the easy assisted aim lobby.

The normal aiming in RDR was great. Lock on for a split second and then free aim. Best of both worlds and full lobbies.

That would be a good idea, however it is not like this currently... there is a full assisted and partial assisted mode. The partial assisted is what you are talking about, however, full assisted is put into the same lobby.

IMO, full assisted should be available in single player, but for multiplayer it should not be in the game. There is literally no challenge to the game using full assisted, and the only way to break someones aim is to roll, which can be countered by simply letting go of LT and pressing again. If they can eradicate this fully assisted mode (I believe it is called "casual" in RDR) and have just what you described, that would be fine by me.

• Frantz Fuchs likes this

Gabriela_L
  • Gabriela_L

rebel girl

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:14 PM Edited by Gabriela_L, 26 October 2016 - 06:06 AM.

Online for red dead has MASSIVE potential.
People against online I can understand where they are coming from as gta online has been a disgrace to people who don't buy shark cards (I'm one off them who's hast bought shark cards, ever)

Huh? Speak for yourself. I never bought a shark card and I still made a lot of money without glitching or grinding. I simply enjoy LTS jobs and make a lot of money out of them, without even really trying. I mean, I guess people who grind to buy certain expensive item get mad at the game, but when you play for fun, doing races and other stuff, you make money without even noticing. At least that is what happens to me and I don't even play that much. Try MMORPG games if you want to see what hard to make money truly means.

dbz_master_SA_4life
  • dbz_master_SA_4life

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:51 PM

I'm not feeling very optimistic for 'RDR online', what we got from GTA 4 complete edition/RDR was excellent and had me playing them from 08 - 2014. Free roam and the various game modes are some of the stuff that were sufficient for me. 

Sobchak
  • Sobchak

"Entrepreneur"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:56 PM

One of the major flaws of GTA Online in my opinion was the abundant places players could hide and camp out for long periods of time (i.e. apartments, garages, offices, etc). It's fine if we have safehouses available for purchase online but they shouldn't be rabbit holes where you are safe from everything indefinitely. That's what made GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption multiplayer fun; you always needed to be on your toes. There was never a place to hide from danger entirely.

Oh and I'm sure shark cards will be back in some way which isn't the worse thing seeing how I'd like to see them charge $2 million plus for a horse lmao.
  • Dee. likes this

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:32 PM

I love every game from R*. They are an amazing company and they never let me down. GTAV it´s one of the best game ever made (that´s a fact); and with the introduction of a new era of Online gaming (GTAO), R* put their hands on fire with something new, revolutionary and very inmersive; it´s true that had many issues on the beginning but it is a new way of play online games, and now is very solid. I don´t like every DLC, but also R* is a company and they need money.

It´s true that R* focus on Online and let SP in the trash, but SP is awesome, i still play once in a while and with first person view it´s amazing.

I´m pretty sure that R* learned too much from GTAO and they will develop a new Online mode for RDR2 (this will be the first game for new consoles), of course they will use a few things of GTAO but now in a better way and with a better knowledge of past mistakes.

I don´t know if the game without "The The Benz" will have a huge impact on RDRO or not but i´m 100% that R* will give us an epic and unique game.

Let´s wait, but c´mon guys is R*, and for me is one of the best (if not) the best company for videogames.

P.S. Sorry for the bad english.

Dee.
  • Dee.

Happy Holidays!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:01 PM

I love every game from R*. They are an amazing company and they never let me down. GTAV it´s one of the best game ever made (that´s a fact); and with the introduction of a new era of Online gaming (GTAO), R* put their hands on fire with something new, revolutionary and very inmersive; it´s true that had many issues on the beginning but it is a new way of play online games, and now is very solid. I don´t like every DLC, but also R* is a company and they need money.

It´s true that R* focus on Online and let SP in the trash, but SP is awesome, i still play once in a while and with first person view it´s amazing.

I´m pretty sure that R* learned too much from GTAO and they will develop a new Online mode for RDR2 (this will be the first game for new consoles), of course they will use a few things of GTAO but now in a better way and with a better knowledge of past mistakes.

I don´t know if the game without "The The Benz" will have a huge impact on RDRO or not but i´m 100% that R* will give us an epic and unique game.

Let´s wait, but c´mon guys is R*, and for me is one of the best (if not) the best company for videogames.

I'm sorry but...lol.

Slow it down a bit 😹😹
  • Chekoloco and assCRACK_98 like this

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:15 PM

I'm sorry but...lol.

Slow it down a bit

Lol! Why? It´s only my opinion... 

Dee.
  • Dee.

Happy Holidays!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:20 PM

I'm sorry but...lol.

Slow it down a bit

Lol! Why? It´s only my opinion... 

Honestly? You sound insane. It read as a satirical representation of MrBossFTWs fanbase but I somehow knew you were serious.

I know its your opinion but...its a bad one

• assCRACK_98 likes this

ibsmokin
  • ibsmokin

Gta junkie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:08 PM Edited by ibsmokin, 29 October 2016 - 07:09 PM.

While the story and narrative in gtav was neat and fun to play. The interraction between the characters was awful, they were all three a bunch of bickering annoying bitches. Couldn't f*cking stand it. Also there were no choices in sp, you want a house? OK you get one and R* decides where it is. If you customize a car you like and it's blown up its gone. You want a garage to store cars. Okay it's across town and everyone has the same one. Again stupid. GtaIV was more immersive in terms of sp choices and how you tailored your experience. As far as rdo goes I will only ever have 1 trusty steed, no need or want for sixty. Same goes for houses. You just know they will find a way to monetize it however. If that's the case I will undoubtedly stick to sp, I played rdr story probly 4 or 5 times and loved it each time, can't wait to see more.
  • Neon_Dreaming likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:41 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 01 November 2016 - 01:42 PM.

I'm hoping online will have a lot of co-op missions especially 2 player ones.

I really enjoy 4 player co-ops if you have the right people which is rare for me and there's more chance of someone quitting.

I think most 4 player co-op missions should have a system in place where if a player quits and NPC jumps in place or they design most of the missions do-able with 2 players or even 3.
  • Chinese Takeout, Cameron Star, Pink Pineapple and 1 other like this

Chinese Takeout
  • Chinese Takeout

"Do, or do not. There is no try." <(-_-)>

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:59 PM Edited by Chinese Takeout, 01 November 2016 - 02:02 PM.

I really enjoy 4 player co-ops if you have the right people which is rare for me and there's more chance of someone quitting.

I think most 4 player co-op missions should have a system in place where if a player quits and NPC jumps in place or they design most of the missions do-able with 2 players or even 3.

QFT. I can't wait for RDROnline for many reasons, but foremost because of my time spent doing co-op in RDR1. My buddies and I are going back through the Outlaws To The End missions on XBone, just to get ready. Anyone who is raging against RDROnline just doesn't understand the joy of "Co-op of the Old West"! ;-)

• Mister Pink and saintsrow like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:04 PM

I just might have to jump online again now that you mention it ☺

Sobchak
  • Sobchak

"Entrepreneur"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:38 PM

The original RDR multiplayer was an overall improvement over GTA IV in my opinion. Hopefully RDRO will be the same.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:55 AM Edited by Revoemag, 02 November 2016 - 09:56 AM.

Rdro is to be successful beyond that of gtao, r* needs to not make the same mistake they did with gtao. Beside the obvious server problems, the game lacked Freemode content. The reason gtao is a giant death match is because there was nothing to do but kill each otherfor a full year I might add. Had CEO, biker, VIP missions been part of the game from the beginning the player base would have been a lot more friendly, more cooperative and now likely to group up verses npcs than verses each other.

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:01 AM

I hope that they actually try this time. Which means not making everything that gets released in the updates (if they choose to go that route) ridiculously overpriced so badly we need your shark cards. Don't be a COD please.

Shabzy_
  • Shabzy_

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:43 PM

I've made a similer video to this topic.

Check it out !

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:40 PM

QFT. I can't wait for RDROnline for many reasons, but foremost because of my time spent doing co-op in RDR1. My buddies and I are going back through the Outlaws To The End missions on XBone, just to get ready. Anyone who is raging against RDROnline just doesn't understand the joy of "Co-op of the Old West"! ;-)

I think it would be a better idea to make Free Roam a co-op type mode with only 4 players. You could still kill eachother but limiting to 4 players could lessen the resources to be used to populating the world with NPCs and animals to make the world feel more alive.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:18 AM

One of the things I enjoyed most was Land Grab. So good in a full map when the whole map is in one spot fighting for the land.

BretMaverick777
  • BretMaverick777

Riverboat Gambler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:15 AM

The thing about GTAO is that it's central pastiche is that everything is driven by greed.  The game, both SP and MP, is essentially about trying to get as rich as possible and buy up everything in sight.   There is nothing at all inherent in that in the Western either as fiction or history, though, so it has no place at all in RDO.   While it's certainly possible to make a go out of being a Rockefeller, Vanderbilt or Carnegie robber baron expanding your empire across the West, that's really not what people look for in a Western novel, movie, TV show, and certainly not in a video game.  

I think RDR1 had a great multiplayer experience for minigames, but the free roam had very little to do beyond turn into a PVP killbox for all the other players who were bored out of their skulls.   So what I'd like to see for RDO is very real results for you as a single player, and/or as a posse/gang.   The Wild West is about making a name for yourself, not about getting rich.  So everything should be about establishing a reputation, good or evil, and always trying to be the fastest gun in the West.  Or the best hunter, or best gambler, or best rodeo rider, whatever you want to focus on.   Instead of earning $$$, it should be about earning rep, and you can use that rep to "buy" stylish gear, unique horses, customize your home or your steed or yourself.  Earn titles and literal badges. Run for office --- from sheriff of a one-horse town all the way up to Governor of a new Territory.  Maybe even President.  Have newspaper reporters seek you out for their headlines, or even dime store novelists write a biography about you. Maybe attract key NPCs to your side.   Hell, even something as simple as raise a family.  

GTAO is about getting rich.   RDO should be about getting famous.   A true Legend of the West.  IMHO, that's where the difference between GTAO and RDO should begin, and end. 

• PabtheFab, Cameron Star, Dr WGA Labriskagni and 1 other like this

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:06 AM

Same system with gang matches, grab the bag, hold your own :)

A man can wish..

ARTHUR.
  • ARTHUR.

Johnny Yen

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

The thing about GTAO is that it's central pastiche is that everything is driven by greed.  The game, both SP and MP, is essentially about trying to get as rich as possible and buy up everything in sight.   There is nothing at all inherent in that in the Western either as fiction or history, though, so it has no place at all in RDO.   While it's certainly possible to make a go out of being a Rockefeller, Vanderbilt or Carnegie robber baron expanding your empire across the West, that's really not what people look for in a Western novel, movie, TV show, and certainly not in a video game.  

I think RDR1 had a great multiplayer experience for minigames, but the free roam had very little to do beyond turn into a PVP killbox for all the other players who were bored out of their skulls.   So what I'd like to see for RDO is very real results for you as a single player, and/or as a posse/gang.   The Wild West is about making a name for yourself, not about getting rich.  So everything should be about establishing a reputation, good or evil, and always trying to be the fastest gun in the West.  Or the best hunter, or best gambler, or best rodeo rider, whatever you want to focus on.   Instead of earning $$$, it should be about earning rep, and you can use that rep to "buy" stylish gear, unique horses, customize your home or your steed or yourself.  Earn titles and literal badges. Run for office --- from sheriff of a one-horse town all the way up to Governor of a new Territory.  Maybe even President.  Have newspaper reporters seek you out for their headlines, or even dime store novelists write a biography about you. Maybe attract key NPCs to your side.   Hell, even something as simple as raise a family.  

GTAO is about getting rich.   RDO should be about getting famous.   A true Legend of the West.  IMHO, that's where the difference between GTAO and RDO should begin, and end. 

9F9ibVaDlGf2E.gif

But I want to be a greedy, pragmatic oil baron.

I'm joking I would hate for them to take that route again, it created so many little c*nts in GTA:O. I liked how in Red Dead Redemption everyone was on an equal playing field and all that came into play were skill, tactics and patience.

• saintsrow, Chinese Takeout, Cameron Star and 1 other like this

Chinese Takeout
  • Chinese Takeout

"Do, or do not. There is no try." <(-_-)>

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:04 PM

<snip>

9F9ibVaDlGf2E.gif
But I want to be a greedy, pragmatic oil baron.

tumblr_lpn1mukMig1qdyagco1_500.jpg

I wan't to be a greedy, opportunistic entrepreneur!

• PabtheFab, tonko, ARTHUR. and 1 other like this

ARTHUR.
  • ARTHUR.

Johnny Yen

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:13 PM

tumblr_lpn1mukMig1qdyagco1_500.jpg

I wan't to be a greedy, opportunistic entrepreneur!

MJqMs33Ms5QT6.gif

• PabtheFab, Chinese Takeout, tonko and 1 other like this

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:57 AM

Lol, Swegen!!! :D

• BretMaverick777 likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users