Here's my take on Red Dead Online-
1) The game will feature a character creator similar to GTA Online, allowing the player to create their character, select their ancestry & physical features and allot skills.
2) Personal horses instead of personal cars.
3) Cash & RP, returing from GTA Online.
4) Own a barn (similar to a garage in GTA), where the player can store their horses, along with money and their weaponry.
5) Contact Missions - Similar to GTA Online, the player can do Contact Missions, usually designed for 4 players. Doing with friends increases RP or Cash received.
6) Gangs - The player will be able to form a gang, with 9 other RDO players. Gangs unlock players power weapons, armour, horses, more missions and is a quicker way to make money.
7) Heists make a return. A team of 2-4 rob bank, vaults, or trains.
8) Farms - A player can purchase a farm, which generates money after successful product deliveries. Other players can attack it to destroy it or steal the supplies.
9) Activities, like Team Deathmatch, Last Team Standing, Duels, Horse Racing etc.
10) A Red Dead version of Freemode Events, like most headshot kills, horses killed, farthest jumps etc.