Safari
  • Safari

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

i would love something like this. 

OPuHY5Y.jpg

they should have throwing knifes or something along the lines of that but nothing too crazy to ruin the western feel of the game 

• SofaKingWet likes this

J.Dillinger Blackheart
  • J.Dillinger Blackheart

IM NOT HYPE, IM OBSESSED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

That's All this dude does is throw knives. but na i agree I got this from a modern western movie. For online I don't mind R* pushing the boundaries as long as sh*t doesn't get too wacky.
  • SofaKingWet likes this

Dr WGA Labriskagni
  • Dr WGA Labriskagni

Dr WGA Labriskagni

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted A week ago

Hopefully they dual aiming with dual wielding...

SofaKingWet
  • SofaKingWet

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

OPuHY5Y.jpg

they should have throwing knifes or something along the lines of that but nothing too crazy to ruin the western feel of the game 

it wouldn't surprise me if they did eventually go down this route, just look at the state of gta5, may as well start calling it saints row  

• J.Dillinger Blackheart likes this

Cozzi
  • Cozzi

Rapping Dope Fiend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

OPuHY5Y.jpg

Is that Danny Trejo? Whats this from? Im going to watch it right now! lol

J.Dillinger Blackheart
  • J.Dillinger Blackheart

IM NOT HYPE, IM OBSESSED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Yup, desperados. A modern-day western in Mexico by Quentin Tarantino. Great movie
  • DexMacLeod and Cozzi like this

OutlawGummyWilly
  • OutlawGummyWilly

Pinkerton Spy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Terrible film. Hope we don't see guns in guitar cases....

• Yelda likes this

DexMacLeod
  • DexMacLeod

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Yup, desperados. A modern-day western in Mexico by Quentin Tarantino. Great movie

Not to be "that guy" but it's a Robert Rodriguez film. It's actually the second movie in a trilogy and if I remember correctly I think Danny Trejo appears as a different character in all three movies.
  • BUT THE BENZ likes this

BUT THE BENZ
  • BUT THE BENZ

How much for the benz?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

^someone had to be "that guy" though, well done.

el mariachi DLC? I can see it now!

• DexMacLeod likes this

J.Dillinger Blackheart
  • J.Dillinger Blackheart

IM NOT HYPE, IM OBSESSED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Not to be "that guy" but it's a Robert Rodriguez film. It's actually the second movie in a trilogy and if I remember correctly I think Danny Trejo appears as a different character in all three movies.
I just remember QT being in so i figured it was his due to his love for westerns. No issue

J.Dillinger Blackheart
  • J.Dillinger Blackheart

IM NOT HYPE, IM OBSESSED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Terrible film. Hope we don't see guns in guitar cases....

have to disagree pimpin. I would love that, especially if it's a option if say we can choose a bandito or desperado character online? HELL YEA

Dr WGA Labriskagni
  • Dr WGA Labriskagni

Dr WGA Labriskagni

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted A week ago

think there will be a CEO mission in the form of a traveling merchant or Farmer. I.e as a Farmer you can pick what you sell "much like bikers business", and for example if your a livestock farmer. You can commit livestock theft to add to your stock much like sourcing cargo. Then when the cattle ring is full you can round it up and heard it as quick as you can to the butcher across the plains. "Exposed to the elements". Like real life it's slow, difficult, risky yet it pays well

As merchant (CEO), you sell raided stock from other warehouses or merchants NPC or player in the form of delivery Carrages that range from fast ones to not so fast ones.

The usual bonus should be induced including new ones like. Selling with a wanted bounty on your head or having kills on bandits along the trail.

J.Dillinger Blackheart
  • J.Dillinger Blackheart

IM NOT HYPE, IM OBSESSED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I wonder will RedDeadOnline be like a rags to riches focus.. I think Town management could be cool. Selling or supplying saloons whiskey, Hiring a sheriff and lawmen, protecting the town from natives and outlaw posse raids. Idk whatever they do I have faith its going to be dope.

DexMacLeod
  • DexMacLeod

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

think there will be a CEO mission in the form of a traveling merchant or Farmer. I.e as a Farmer you can pick what you sell "much like bikers business", and for example if your a livestock farmer. You can commit livestock theft to add to your stock much like sourcing cargo. Then when the cattle ring is full you can round it up and heard it as quick as you can to the butcher across the plains. "Exposed to the elements". Like real life it's slow, difficult, risky yet it pays well

As merchant (CEO), you sell raided stock from other warehouses or merchants NPC or player in the form of delivery Carrages that range from fast ones to not so fast ones.

The usual bonus should be induced including new ones like. Selling with a wanted bounty on your head or having kills on bandits along the trail.

I'd love to see herding cattle return but I can't imagine it being any fun in online. Even with a bunch of other people helping you all it'd take is one person with a couple sticks of dynamite to ruin everything.

Not to mention the logistics of it all. If you have to own a certain type of place in order to do the cattle herding odds are you're going to have several people in the session that all own the same property. That means multiple people trying to herd cattle in and out of the same location which just seems like a mess. There's also the problem of "storing" the cattle. 

I hope Rockstar can figure out a way to make it work but I can't see it.

I wonder will RedDeadOnline be like a rags to riches focus.. I think Town management could be cool. Selling or supplying saloons whiskey, Hiring a sheriff and lawmen, protecting the town from natives and outlaw posse raids. Idk whatever they do I have faith its going to be dope.

I think you'd run into the same problem here with other players just making it impossible to get anything done. Even if you could "claim a town" or something like that it's only a matter of time before other people come and try to take it from you. You'd spend most of your time just playing a glorified version of King of the Hill rather than managing your town. 

J.Dillinger Blackheart
  • J.Dillinger Blackheart

IM NOT HYPE, IM OBSESSED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Like I said, whatever they do I have faith it will be dope. Idc about battling for a town or whatever, online is suppose to be competitive. It was only a thought of what I think would be cool for online if it would be a rags to riches type foundation. R* are good at balancing things, attempting to claim a town could be just a freemode event with a time limit or something idk lol.

Dexter_Morgan
  • Dexter_Morgan

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A week ago Edited by Dexter_Morgan, A week ago.

I really hope Normal, Hardcore and Friendly Free Roam sessions return. In Friendly Free Roam you really didn't have to worry about some trigger happy boobs using the High-Powered Pistol constantly coming after you which made doing Gang Hideouts with randoms and friends much better if you wanted to rank up quick without the hassle.

Obviously, we'll still encounter the players who shoot your horse dead for no reason but luckily a simple whistle will spawn a new one. What would be annoying is a system similar to GTA Online (when your car got destroyed) is if your horse gets shot dead (by either an enemy NPC or player that we would have to go far somewhere to claim another horse). I certainly hope not which would be stupid and a waste of time in my opinion. Just keep it simple with the whistling (as in Red Dead Redemption) for the horse and it comes. Nobody wants to head over to another town just to get it again.
  • Cozzi and Mr. Morgan like this

Cozzi
  • Cozzi

Rapping Dope Fiend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I really hope Normal, Hardcore and Friendly Free Roam sessions return. In Friendly Free Roam you really didn't have to worry about some trigger happy boobs using the High-Powered Pistol constantly coming after you which made doing Gang Hideouts with randoms and friends much better if you wanted to rank up quick without the hassle.

Obviously, we'll still encounter the players who shoot your horse dead for no reason but luckily a simple whistle will spawn a new one. What would be annoying is a system similar to GTA Online (when your car got destroyed) is if your horse gets shot dead (by either an enemy NPC or player that we would have to go far somewhere to claim another horse). I certainly hope not which would be stupid and a waste of time in my opinion. Just keep it simple with the whistling (as in Red Dead Redemption) for the horse and it comes. Nobody wants to head over to another town just to get it again.

I would like a short time limit before you can get your horse again, but people are ruthless assholes so we cant even do that. I wish we didnt have to develop multiplayer games around people being complete assholes to keep from getting trolled the whole time you play..

Dexter_Morgan
  • Dexter_Morgan

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A week ago Edited by Dexter_Morgan, A week ago.

Does anyone think Stronghold should return? This game mode is 50/50 for some people. Some liked it and others disliked it. Thoughts?

bandsy.jpg

TheFranchise
  • TheFranchise

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

I imagine its been discussed in this thread, but I wonder if Rockstar will put an online heist in this game.

Safari
  • Safari

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

I imagine its been discussed in this thread, but I wonder if Rockstar will put an online heist in this game.

its almost certain as they can't do much with online due to the games timeframe they cant drop new shiny things often. Due to this i think they will give us heists and single player DLC as a main way to make money from this game.

• Cozzi likes this

Cozzi
  • Cozzi

Rapping Dope Fiend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

its almost certain as they can't do much with online due to the games timeframe they cant drop new shiny things often. Due to this i think they will give us heists and single player DLC as a main way to make money from this game.

What about added functionality and gameplay aspects?
Also, how would they handle that? I mean if you want to add selling dope to GTA:O, cool, there wasnt much uproar, but if you wanted to put like owning a railroad or cattle ranching on RDR2:O i think that would be seen as taking gameplay aspects from the main game and cutting it and selling it off as dlc. They'll have to package them together and sell them or as free updates on RDR2:O and RDR2 sides equally. I just wouldn't see fans of this type of game taking that lightly if they wanted to add new things to online other than missions and such, and not updating the single-player experience alongside it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users