Favorite miniscule details from Red Dead Redemption

49 replies to this topic
DeeDogg_
  • DeeDogg_

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:19 AM

The fact that US Law enforcement won't follow you across the Mexican border and vice versa. Something so satisfying about leaving a group of pissed Marshall's on that bridge. Theyll also often be waiting for you when you come back though...

I like that as well. One time I accidentally shot a a lawman while I was riding my horse and that triggered a huge gunfight and a $4,000 bounty so I escaped to Mexico and stayed there for a very long time. So long that I forgot I had a bounty.

So it surprised me that when I crossed back into New Austin, I was greeted with a "WANTED" symbol and a 4 man group of bounty hunters chasing me and shooting.

I love this game  :lol:

• jrl51592 likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:32 AM

How the Flowers/Plants you pick are so well blended into the surrounding Shrubbery.

• anthony likes this

anthony
  • anthony

Welcome to Burger Shots mother f*ckeeeer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:25 AM Edited by yeahmantiptap, 12 January 2017 - 06:31 AM.

Just picked up an xbox 360 1 months ago and I started to play the game again and WHAOOOOO, I havent played since 2011 and whaoo, I forget how this game was so f*cking amazing, I mean the devs made a true living world, its just unbelievable! really holy sh*t, I just cant say all that I want because my mind is going into 50 directions at once, holy f*cking sh*t, I mean this f*cking game is so far ahead of every open world HOLY sh*t.

the water flowing from the gutters

being attacked by a vulture

people who drink and refreshing themselves

“On top of this is one of the most detailed wildlife simulations seen outside of a Nature/Hunting game, featuring animals that reason about hunger, thirst, and threats to themselves. And there's still Euphoria, our personality-based combat AI, and all the unique player horse AI left to mention.”

“We have over 800 unique character models, each with a unique voice. Over 200 of these have full 24 hour schedules governing their daily life in the world. Each NPC is running a behavior tree — no dummy FSM's for background pedestrians. This allows them to context switch very rapidly, which is necessary with how dynamic the world is. There are personality profiles that extend across game mode — a character who behaves recklessly when facing aggression from the player or another NPC is likely to also play Poker recklessly.”

wtf I was doing back then when I was playing ? its like I re-discover the game, I became older thats why

I start to make some research about the game, the details the tips, thing to know and Ive found some crazy sh*t:

did you know that you can If you crouch beside a hogtied victim, lock onto them with your knife and attack, you will slit their throat? I read somewhere that you can do the same with someone who sleep

You can jump off a building and land on your horse, you can also jump to a train from your horse.

When playing poker, you can watch the other players and sometimes see that they have a "tell"
  • Jabalous, vnus_dmlo, CaptainMental and 1 other like this

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:09 PM Edited by anthony, 16 March 2017 - 04:11 PM.

-This one guy off road (near the Mcfarlane Ranch' exit to Armadillo) running on foot after an another guy on a horse, he just grabbed the fella and stole the beast. lmaoo

-Not far from Armadillo coming from the west, witnessed a suicide by poison; didn't knew that it existed.

• Payne Killer likes this

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:04 AM

I'm pretty sure almost nobody knows this, but after the last cutscene of "Flowers for a Lady" ends, if you touch Billy West's corpse, Annabel's, her head will fall off. That shocked me, and I'm not a very impressionable person. Very cool "detail".
  • vnus_dmlo and anthony like this

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Living Healthy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:30 AM

any1 down for some online rdr action?

Im on ps3, PM me

• Dream-_-Traveler likes this

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:36 PM

There is some unique bat swarm in the game.

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:30 PM Edited by toxluv, 19 March 2017 - 07:31 PM.

There is some unique bat swarm in the game.

What makes those bats even more unique is that they are the only animal specie you can't kill.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

Maybe not miniscule, but the fact that you walk around in the the train and climb and jump on the roof - all while it moved. I was shocked this feature was not in GTAV.

Fubbick
  • Fubbick

Fraunhofer Diffraction

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

The way blood changes color from bright red to dark red over time, just like IRL. Haven't seen that in any other game so far.

• PoeticWhisper and Payne Killer like this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

How in Dead Eye, your Dynamite Stick can be thrown as a Homing Weapon. :lol:

Didn't they patch that?

My PS3 was never connected to the Internet, so it's very much alive on my Copy.

Lucky :(

Patch it? I didn't even KNOW it! My PS3 wasn't even connected either, think I could try it? I got the game on release so I presume mine's would still be workable?

DShadelz
  • DShadelz

Strange Man

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:37 AM

I was recently exploring some parts of RDR, and I found myself up in Dutch van der Linde's cave up in Chochinay. There's an incredible amount of detail in his rooms that you're supposed to just run right past in the only mission that brings you there. Stocked bookshelves with little knick knacks on them, a typewriter, a stuffed owl; the room obviously took a large amount of effort to create. It's not only a testament to Rockstar's​ affinity for detail, but how well written of a character Dutch is.

There's also this from the RDR Wikia on Dutch:

In the mission "And The Truth Will Set You Free", when Dutch is forced off the machine gun, he has a High Power Pistol in his holster. When he is fleeing through the caves, the first time he fires at you is with a High Power Pistol, the second time he fires is with a Semi-automatic Pistol, and when he is cornered, he has a trusty Cattleman Revolver... ...It is possible that Dutch had a Cattleman tucked into his belt or in a pocket as a backup, although sometimes in "The Prodigal Son Returns (To Yale)", he will have a Cattleman in his holster and the Semi-Automatic Pistol in his hand... ...At the edge of the cliff on the mission "And The Truth Will Set You Free" it appears he has been shot in the gut. This is possibly from him dropping the Semi-automatic Pistol while running from John causing it to go off and hit him in the stomach, and if he did drop the Semi-automatic Pistol, that would explain why he is holding the Cattleman Revolver.
  • vnus_dmlo, anthony and Payne Killer like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

There are things in life you cannot choose: how you feel.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:40 PM

The clock at the sheriff's office in Armadillo actually ticks.

During the morning in Mexico you can hear roosters crowing.

Martson's coats don't cover his revolver 😎😎😎

In the saloon at Armadillo people will actually use the toilet that's near the poker room, occasionally people will bump into each other and the piano player will stop and watch the confrontation.

When it's raining Marston will wipe the front of hat, sometimes he'll shiver and wipe his arms.

Before it starts to rain the wind will pick up and grey clouds actually form in the sky.
  • vnus_dmlo, anthony and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:55 PM Edited by anthony, 12 April 2017 - 04:49 PM.

You know how I actually play this game ? I take my time and I "make walk my horse", don't even speed with him unless I'm in danger, I really watch everything and play slowly. On top of that, Marston is in his rancher clothes.

-If you kill everything in a town, it will become a ghost town until you leave and comeback sadly.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

I was truly impressed the first time I shot someone's cigarette out of their mouth.

I remember once I was jumping down the stairs outside Armadillo Saloon, and John landed wrong on a step and ate sh*t face first down the stairs. :lol:

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:32 PM Edited by anthony, 21 April 2017 - 05:39 PM.

What do you guys think if we create a thread "Cool things you didn't know about RDR"? I would love to make a list too, and why not rename this thread ?

Night Machine
  • Night Machine

1980's Time Traveler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:09 PM

I love how you can see the heat radiating off the landscape during the day, especially in the desert.  :cool:

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:52 AM Edited by anthony, 10 June 2017 - 06:12 AM.

http://www.platypota...ead-redemption/

-I entered a poker room and one of the players said "You look like John Marston"(playing with Jack).

-I saw one drunk guy leaving the fire camp in Macfarlane's Ranch lmao.

-I saw one guy buying something at the general store in Macfarlane's Ranch, he actually paid the shopkeeper.

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by jrl51592, 4 weeks ago.

Being able to have a brawl with an NPC without them pulling their gun out unless you pull yours out first. It's so much fun to beat up the townsfolk after knocking back some shots of whiskey.

When you greet an NPC and they'll usually respond with "Hello" or "Good Morning/Evening/Afternoon" depending on what time of day it is. The fact that they acknowledge you is amazing.

NPC's using tools, machinery, and other stuff like that.

I like how Herbert Moon, when he closes his shop for the day, will go across the street and play poker in the Armadillo Saloon.

Rockstar sure knows how to make NPC's come to life.
  • anthony and Payne Killer like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

There are things in life you cannot choose: how you feel.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Payne Killer, 3 weeks ago.

Depending on your honor and fame, NPCs will occasionally give you money or "gifts" like pardon letters and such. Probably my favorite detail.

If you whistle for your horse sometimes the town dog will follow you around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users