Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are motorcycles as dangerous as people put them?

54 replies to this topic
WATER DRAGON
  • WATER DRAGON

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:20 AM Edited by WATER DRAGON, 15 June 2016 - 07:23 AM.

Most times the people that say they are dangerous have either never rode one or got traumatized from an accident. I just always wondered this because over the years, correct me if I'm wrong it's gotten safer to ride a motorcycle sense 2012 or so. Also I feel like the statistics are completely off. I feel like there not factoring in a bunch of other things like. Were the riders being irresponsible like not wearing proper gear, SPEEDING or was there big mistakes made by a beginner that could of easily been avoided by anyone. Also how did they die? Road rash is no joke.... I guess cause they either dead or lying to stay out of trouble with the police so you really can't find out? Most people I see riding motorcycles almost always never wear gear. Hell my dad used to have a Harley Davidson and he never wore gear. a good number of people I see riding the fast ones always speed and weave in and out of traffic like GTA and refuse to wear gear. I under stand cars are much safer so the likely hood of getting in a wreck in one of them and living is higher, but just really! Is riding a motorcycle really that dangerous. I always heard this saying while doing my research. "There's two people, people that wrecked a motorcycle and people that haven't yet". But so far I think that's bull sh*t statement. I've never rode a motorcycle but this topic interests me. Why is it we can safely factor things out with cars like Mustangs, Challengers, BMW's and all these other fast cars that young crazy guys love to zoom through the highway in. I don't see know one saying "Oh don't get a muscle car, statistics say they are dangerous get a Honda Civic. Of course a motorcycle being ridden by a good rider is still more dangerous then a muscle car driven by a good driver but you get the point! I also feel like with motorcycles being smaller you might be able to avoid a wreck easier then on a car with good training.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:47 AM Edited by Svip, 15 June 2016 - 07:50 AM.

To ride a motorcycle, you must be willing to ride a motorcycle. But on a whole, motorcycles are incredibly dangerous tools. Cars are dangerous tools as well, moreso than motorcycles, I'd argue, but they 'show their teeth' less often than motorcycles. And while cars can do a lot of damage, motorcycles mostly do damage to their occupants.

Every motorcyclist I've talked to (and it's a lot, actually) have tried falling on their bike. But mostly doing slow speeds, which is the time where it is hardest to balance the motorcycle. But even falling at slow speeds can do a lot of damage to a motorcycle.

But it seems to be pretty common, because motorcycles are heavy and they need care. They are only really easy to drive once you are doing high speeds. Generally speaking; forcing a motorcycle to stop is a dick move. Unlike a car, for instance, you have to keep your foot on the ground while the bike is standing still.

So while you can drive a car feeling a bit under the weather, it will be nigh on impossible to do on a motorcycle. But that apparently doesn't stop people from trying.

Additionally, motorcycles are far quicker at accelerating than cars, something that often astonish new drivers. So most of the wrecking of a motorcycle comes in the early years of being a motorcyclist. In fact, I'd wager - from my experience with motorcycles and driving one myself - that that statement should be; 'there are two kinds of people; people who've wrecked a motorcycle and those who haven't driven one'.

Lack of experience will cause that.

But moreover; a motorcycle offer very little protection in the case of an accident at high speed. Ramming into a car or skidding off the road is likely not to end well on motorcycle. Moreover, car drivers are notoriously bad at spotting motorcyclists. So imagine a car suddenly doing a left turn while a motorcycle was overtaking it (assuming driving on the right, here). You'd be surprised by how often that happens.

If you are experienced with motorcycles, you can do amazing tricks and avoid a lot of danger easily. But you have to be far more alert than when driving a car. Driving a motorcycle requires a lot more of the driver than driving a car, including physical.

To answer your question however; people are probably right. As one motorcyclist put it to me; a motorcycle is the most dangerous thing you can put between your legs.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2015
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 15 June 2016 - 08:39 PM Edited by epoxi, 15 June 2016 - 08:39 PM.

Every motorcyclist I know has broken a bone because of it, and same can be said for many pedal cyclists I know.

Svip has already covered the three main issues that make two wheels so much riskier: visibility, stability and protection. Any two-wheeler is harder to spot so is more likely to get hit, two-wheelers can fall over whereas cars can't, and you are essentially sitting in the open air so there is nothing to absorb the impact in the event of any collision.

I've only ever done mini moto myself lol, and it's a hell of a lot more exciting than go-karting, but I'd still say the risks of motorcycling cannot be overrated.

Zyo
  • Zyo

GTAF Crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Scotland

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:23 AM

I learned to ride about 20 years ago, I have been on and off since. Done plenty miles anyways. I have never broken a bone because of it, and never dropped a bike, on tarmac anyways. (I've eaten dirt a few times when young). I'm probably more of a what you would call a cruiser rider though than a sportsbike racer.

Youre really more aware on a bike. Of your surroundings. You can zone out in a car for a bit, you dont do that on a bike. You pay more attention to what other road users are doing, like a lot. You dont have distractions of music and phones ringing, girlfriends chattering. But your also more affected by your environment, cold can be a serious problem on two wheels. Night-time visibility is a major issue, losing track of surface quality and headlight glare from oncoming traffic is at a different level. And rain is a bitch. Manhole covers and even painted lines, you look at it all differently than how you breeze over it in a car.

Svip and epoxi make great points, its good advice as always.

• Switch likes this

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:02 PM

A motorcycle in an of itself is no more dangerous than a car. However, you need to have a lot more awareness, energy, and mental acuity to be able to ride a motorcycle. You have to want to ride. That being said, the large amount of the danger involved with motorcycling comes from cars. If all vehicles were operated with the same level of awareness and care as a motorcycle, there would be no accidents.

Just began riding in October, and I've been in 2 situations. The first one was at 1:30AM Black Friday, where I was a little groggy and fell over at a dead stop in a parking lot. I was just too sleepy to get both feet on the ground before I tipped over.

The next situation was just the other week, Saturday before Memorial Day. I stopped at a stop sign, and the woman behind me assumed I ran the sign, was looking for cross traffic to the left, and rear ended me.

You can be the safest vehicle operator in the world. That will not stop someone else who isn't from hitting you, however. Its all about being aware, and you have to be very comfortable with your mortality to be able to ride.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:06 PM Edited by LeopardGecko, 18 June 2016 - 10:15 PM.

They are dangerous,but I think some people overestimate the danger of riding a motorcycle.A lot of bikers fall in their first months of riding before they get some experience,and even experienced riders can get hit by other vehicles or fall because of something on the road (like a puddle of oil or an animal crossing the road),but there are also some people who rode their entire life and were both careful enough and lucky enough to never have an accident,or at least not a serious one.Wearing gear can help a lot in case of a crash,and turn what would be serious injuries into minor ones.

I had a scooter when I was a kid,and last year bought a cruiser (I've also had another bike a few years ago,but it was a wreck and I sold it before it was repaired,so I never rode it).So far I haven't crashed,but after years of not riding and then getting a bike that's quite different from what I used to ride,I have to admit it took some time to adapt.Hopefully I won't crash in the future either.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:06 AM Edited by SouthLand, 20 June 2016 - 01:08 AM.

I rode my 50cc mopped when I was 14-16 in a very unsafe way. Wheelies, split laning at high speeds, going top speed on places it was better not to... That was my everyday when i drove that bike. One day (I turned 16 a few days before), i went out for lunch with my girlfriend and when we where going back home, it started to rain. i went through corner a faster than i should have gone, without realizing that after the corner there was a pedestrian crossing. Pedestrian crossings when wet can be very slippery so, i tried to go in between the white lines, but i failed and i lost control and fell. The bike rolled for atleast 50m while i rolled for about 10m and my gf the same. I was unhurt, but my gf broke her leg. Seeing her crying in pain made me realize that i had to stop driving my bike like a maniac. I stopped driving bikes until last year that i bought a 125cc scooter and everytime i drive that thing, I can't understand how was i so stupid to put my life in danger and others as well.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:11 AM Edited by *MURDOC*, 20 June 2016 - 01:11 AM.

The most dangerous thing about them seems to be other people who aren't on motorcycles.

Well, that and overconfidence and/or inexperience.

• El Diablo, Android and GTA-Biker like this

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:12 AM Edited by Cudwieser, 22 June 2016 - 12:12 AM.

The most dangerous thing about them seems to be other people who aren't on motorcycles.

Pretty much this. Like a saw, a knife or a gun it isn't the item that is the issue, but the users that are dangerous. An ironic example of the problems are GTA. Bikes are awfully exposed and, while more maneuverable and nippy in traffic, any lack of foresight or any over confidence leaves you even more exposed. Cars may have more protection and is safer for the user, it is potentially more dangerous to others.

At the end of the day, give due vigilance and respect to the car or bike and you should at least be safe within yourself.

• Suzuki Azure Vulpine likes this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:21 AM Edited by GTA3Rockstar, 22 June 2016 - 12:22 AM.

Exactly!

This is the main concern for motorcycle riders. It's not about if you can be safe on them, it's about the other sh*tty drivers out there.

I knew someone that rode Harleys for 30+ years, no accident whatsoever. Until one day, someone swerved in front of him on a freeway and forced him into the oncoming traffic. You can guess what happened.

Also, my aunt, serious accident that broke her hip 15 or so years ago, while riding on one with her boyfriend. She's had a permanent limp since. The cause? Another sh*tty driver.

Moral of the story, they're as dangerous as people say they are. It doesn't matter if you're experienced or not, one dipsh*t driver on the road will be the problem.

WATER DRAGON
  • WATER DRAGON

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:04 AM

Exactly!

This is the main concern for motorcycle riders. It's not about if you can be safe on them, it's about the other sh*tty drivers out there.

I knew someone that rode Harleys for 30+ years, no accident whatsoever. Until one day, someone swerved in front of him on a freeway and forced him into the oncoming traffic. You can guess what happened.

Also, my aunt, serious accident that broke her hip 15 or so years ago, while riding on one with her boyfriend. She's had a permanent limp since. The cause? Another sh*tty driver.

Moral of the story, they're as dangerous as people say they are. It doesn't matter if you're experienced or not, one dipsh*t driver on the road will be the problem.

We really should start making driving tests harder. The test I did felt way too easy. I don't get how there are so many bad drivers. It's like they get their license from a cereal box.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:24 AM

So while you can drive a car feeling a bit under the weather, it will be nigh on impossible to do on a motorcycle. But that apparently doesn't stop people from trying.

True that. The only time I've taken a proper fall on a motorcycle was when I decided that I'm feeling well enough to ride to the nearby Walmart for some flu medicine. Nope, and not going to make that mistake again.

I wouldn't say that motorcycle is inherently more dangerous, but it's far easier to screw up when motorcycle is involved. Both for the rider and other people on the road. So not only does controlling it requires all of your awareness, unlike the car, but you also have to treat all the other vehicles on the road as if any one of them might be out to kill you. The later is actually a good advice for being on the road in general, but the stakes are generally higher with motorcycle.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:42 AM

Exactly!

We really should start making driving tests harder. The test I did felt way too easy. I don't get how there are so many bad drivers. It's like they get their license from a cereal box.

It's not even that.

People are multitasking in their car, not paying attention, just doing stupid sh*t at the wrong time.

You need to be a defensive driver on the road.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:38 PM

Not just the test. We need to have a requirement for proper driving school analogous to what you have to go through to get a pilot's license. Ideally, include some simulation practice and tests for emergency situation. Like, how you'd actually handle it if you have a front tire blowout doing 70 on a freeway.

The problem is that this would be prohibitively expensive for large segment of population. But the good news is that with the rise of driver-less vehicles, we'll actually have an excuse to do this anyways. My hope is that within a couple of decades, most vehicles on the roads will be autonomous. And few of us who cared to put time into learning the necessary skills can keep riding conventional cars and bikes on the same roads.
  • *MURDOC*, Original Light and Suzuki Azure Vulpine like this

WATER DRAGON
  • WATER DRAGON

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:38 AM

Exactly!

It's not even that.

People are multitasking in their car, not paying attention, just doing stupid sh*t at the wrong time.

You need to be a defensive driver on the road.

That's a another huge deal also. Law enforcement have been trying to catch these multi taskers on their phones but for some reason there's no stopping them. Things would be a lot easier if everyone was forced to drive a manual transmission but that's far too unrealistic unfortunately. Car manufactures are making way too much money with the automatics. I've always wondered if it was possible for there to be some sort of technology that detects smart phones in the drivers seat and locks it to where the only one you can call is 911 in case of an emergency. I'm not knocking automatic transmissions because I'm an automatic driver. My phone gets thrown in the back seat or is in my pocket.

• Suzuki Azure Vulpine likes this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:24 AM

That's a another huge deal also. Law enforcement have been trying to catch these multi taskers on their phones but for some reason there's no stopping them. Things would be a lot easier if everyone was forced to drive a manual transmission but that's far too unrealistic unfortunately. Car manufactures are making way too much money with the automatics. I've always wondered if it was possible for there to be some sort of technology that detects smart phones in the drivers seat and locks it to where the only one you can call is 911 in case of an emergency. I'm not knocking automatic transmissions because I'm an automatic driver. My phone gets thrown in the back seat or is in my pocket.

That's because companies are dropping the manual transmissions. Big dogs like Lambo and Ferrari.

Either way, it's too difficult to see what's going on inside the car anyways. People eating, doing their make up, talking on their phone, texting.

Being on a motorcycle, you're just calling for it.

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:47 AM

Not just the test. We need to have a requirement for proper driving school analogous to what you have to go through to get a pilot's license. Ideally, include some simulation practice and tests for emergency situation. Like, how you'd actually handle it if you have a front tire blowout doing 70 on a freeway.

The problem is that this would be prohibitively expensive for large segment of population. But the good news is that with the rise of driver-less vehicles, we'll actually have an excuse to do this anyways. My hope is that within a couple of decades, most vehicles on the roads will be autonomous. And few of us who cared to put time into learning the necessary skills can keep riding conventional cars and bikes on the same roads.

I kind of agree. By and large most test give the skills to operate a vehicle, but not necessarily how to drive a vehicle. In saying that to pass the test you do still have to show some ability of vigilence and consideration by controlling speed and using mirrors, et al. The problems start when drivers a let free. Because training only covers using a car safely and doesn't concentrate on exposure or practice of emergency maneuvers except braking drivers are left either exposed or blase when they get a license. Exposed drivers tend to settle and become decent drivers, but the cocky ones are a different matter.

On a tangent about accidents some riders have had. My late father used to ride bikes and one day he was heading down the Falls Road in Belfast in the 60's on his BSA 650 Super Road Rocket. He was withing the speed limit and doing fine when suddenly and unmarked police car pulled out in front of him. Father knew he couldn't stop in time and was going to hit the car. He stood up and readied for impact. The bike went into the car and father tumbled down the road, saving himself serious injury. The police car was a right-off and the bike wonky from then on.

From then on father drove a car and ALWAYS looked out for bikes as well as cars.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:52 AM

So what you are saying is that 1960s cops should also be given a proper driving test? Hmm... considering the movies I've seen, that sounds about right.
  • Cudwieser likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:34 AM

The other some guy on scooter stops to yield me, and I guess he used the front brake or something and the bike just went mad and he went down pretty fast.

He was really lucky he wasn't going that fast and I like to abid to the speed limits, I was able to stop far enough from him as soon I saw his breaking go bad, a bit faster for one of us and the story could've gone really bad.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:48 AM

Generally speaking, don't break with the front brakes on a motorcycle. Only for emergency stops or when you are stopped.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:14 AM

Generally speaking, don't break with the front brakes on a motorcycle. Only for emergency stops or when you are stopped.

Very bad advice. While rear brake is generally sufficient for gentle braking, applying brakes to both wheels is a good habit and is generally recommended for safety by just about everyone.

When braking with both wheels, you are already feeling the brakes on both wheels and are fully prepared to perform emergency braking if situation changes. People who use rear brake only during normal operation tend to apply rear brake only in panic in emergency.

Moreover, there is no disadvantage to applying the front brake. If it puts you out of control, you are doing something horribly wrong.
  • Cudwieser and Ex Hellraiser like this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:17 PM

Moreover, there is no disadvantage to applying the front brake. If it puts you out of control, you are doing something horribly wrong.

I think it depends on your experience/skill, if you comfortable/aware enough you'll be probably gently press the brake, most people I guess will just go full on and get launched of the bike. Not sure how different it is thought, only used pedal bikes. If there's no sudden need to stop I'd used the rear, or if I need to stop quickly, I'd use the rear the slow down and then use both to stop.

Adrenalist
  • Adrenalist

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:53 AM

1) Front brake only, except when off-road.

2) Confidence, attention, leaving yourself an out, and a slight predisposition to recklessness all help.

3) Target fixation, freezing up, unattentiveness, playing by the rules 100% of the time, will kill you.

-I wish people interested in motorcycles started doing track days, then got licenses to street ride. You can learn more in a single track day than you can in six months of street riding.-

Yes, it's dangerous. Especially post '12. Texting and driving has changed the game quite a bit.

There are people I would recommend riding to, and there are others I would vehemently keep away from motorcycles. I think some are more prone to accidents just given their mental attributes.
  • trip likes this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:30 PM

My bike has a disc on the front and drum on the back,so I use only front brake most of the time.I should get used to using rear brake more.

Spoiler

I'm from Europe and 90% of the cars here have manual transmission,but that doesn't do much to stop most people from talking on the phone,eating stuff like sandwiches,burgers,hotdogs,bagels or donuts,women putting on makeup...while driving here (it's harder to do in manual than in automatic,but not impossible).However,I also don't like how manufacturers are stopping to produce manual cars,they are more fun to drive,in my opinion.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:39 AM

1) Front brake only,

2) Confidence, attention, leaving yourself an out,

3) Target fixation,

About a week ago, I was riding down the freeway heading toward a known traffic backup, and we all slowed to about 45 mph, when I noticed a car in lane 3 (far right) merging in to lane 2 (middle) while I was in lane 1 (far left). While I was focusing on him and the likelihood of him cutting in front of me, I noticed traffic in front of me suddenly stopped, and I locked up my rear tire. At no point did I fixate or panic (I'm weird in that I think completely clear in situations like that lol) but I guess I used a little more rear brake than I thought I was. I let up on it before lowsiding and ran onto the emergency lane to my left to avoid landing in someones back seat. The whole time this was happening I was thinking to myself

"you idiot why weren't you just looking straight ahead?"

"why are you using so much rear brake?"

"why were you so close to the car in front?"

"oh cool I'm fishtailing this is fun"

Hindsight is 20/20. No harm, no foul, I kept in control and kept sharp after putting myself in an avoidable situation.

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
  • Snap Battle Season 3 Winner [X360]
    The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:49 AM

I would agree on both points. Mostly because a lot of people drive like c*nts, and sometimes drivers are unpredictable and careless. Everybody is in a rush to get somewhere.

• *MURDOC* likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:59 PM

Yes, it's dangerous. Especially post '12. Texting and driving has changed the game quite a bit.

This was a game changer.

In my state they lifted the helmet law(somewhere in the mid/early 2000s). So between people in cars not paying attention(while texting or on the phone) and dudes riding without helmets I'd say motorcycle riding has gotten less safe since 2012.

Huh? I don't ride sport bikes but isn't breaking on those suppose to be like 70/30% back/front? Laying on a back break will cause your ass end to swing out if it locks up.

I'm a 50/50 break guy unless I want to goof off and swing out my ass end. :)
  • Adrenalist likes this

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

The braking balance in most vehicles is biased front to back with bigger discs/pads/calipers at the front. This is largely down to the weight transfer going forward under braking, implying more weight to the front tyre and thus more friction and braking effort. In a car this isn't an immediate issue unless you over brake and the wheels lock. Bikes can be a fun beast when over applying the front brake, but principly the same applies. Just be a bit gentler with the brakes. Using the rear brakes are like using anchors. No grip until they bite and will more likely drag until the vehicle actually stops. Since a dragging wheel has inconsistant friction it isn't as effective for stopping.

el carlitos
  • el carlitos

Less luxury, more urban style

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:25 PM

I rode my 50cc mopped when I was 14-16 in a very unsafe way. Wheelies, split laning at high speeds, going top speed on places it was better not to... That was my everyday when i drove that bike. One day (I turned 16 a few days before), i went out for lunch with my girlfriend and when we where going back home, it started to rain. i went through corner a faster than i should have gone, without realizing that after the corner there was a pedestrian crossing. Pedestrian crossings when wet can be very slippery so, i tried to go in between the white lines, but i failed and i lost control and fell. The bike rolled for atleast 50m while i rolled for about 10m and my gf the same. I was unhurt, but my gf broke her leg. Seeing her crying in pain made me realize that i had to stop driving my bike like a maniac. I stopped driving bikes until last year that i bought a 125cc scooter and everytime i drive that thing, I can't understand how was i so stupid to put my life in danger and others as well.

What you are describing is so typically for Spain xD. At least few year ago it was. Pretty much everybody was driving like a maniac and if there were no rules. What seems to be pretty cool as it is some kind of anarchy on the roads, at the same time it is dangerous and stupid. Anyways something has changed in the last few year. As now many more driver respect the rules and are wearing helmets. Before it was difficult to see somebody with a helmet. Anyways to answer the question in my point of view. Driving a bike is not dangerous as long as you don´t have an accident. If you have one it will be very dangerous. I am driving a supersport bike since few years without an accident yet but I had some situations were it was very very really very close. If you have to full break when you are accelerating or laying in the curve you are f*cked. The same situation in a car would be easy to master. 

So yes, I can get dangerous. 

Adrenalist
  • Adrenalist

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:21 AM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users