Kojima Productions' DEATH STRANDING

40 replies to this topic
Polyphony
  • Polyphony

Cacophony

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:54 PM

Norman is alright, though his unclean emohobo look is getting a bit old.

Mads though... Very entertaining.

Vik
  • Vik

Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

Mads acting in this trailer was genuine gold.

Metalz
  • Metalz

Le Y

• The Yardies
  • Italy

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:18 PM Edited by Metalz, 03 December 2016 - 09:23 PM.

Kojima is talking about Death Stranding. Not sure how long this interview will be but come and watch here: http://live.playstation.com/

Edit:

Yes! It is true! @Guerrilla 's #Decima engine is our engine for #DeathStranding !

https://twitter.com/...159971709034496

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:04 AM

Given the setting, I'm going to take a guess and say that Mads Mikkelsen's character might well be a Nazi - and probably part of one of the weird occult fringe groups who seemed to flourish in Nazi Germany:

https://en.wikipedia...i/Thule_Society

https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Ahnenerbe

The tech would suggest a more futuristic setting. But a look at Kojima's Big Boss-era MGS games shows us that he isn't a big stickler for historical accuracy or allowing historical settings to hobble his love of gadgets and robots.

Though, I am puzzled by the badge Del Toro wears in the trailer. United Cities of America. Is it a company? Or a hint that the game is set in an alternate universe?

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:07 PM

I hope they release the soundtrack. I love the music in that last trailer.

• Vik likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:12 PM

One day everyone will realise that Kojima's ludicrous high-concept nonsense isn't enough to hide the fact that his games are largely repetitive chores to play. 

Con man or genius? 

• Tchuck and bloatedsack like this

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:13 AM

One day everyone will realise that Kojima's ludicrous high-concept nonsense isn't enough to hide the fact that his games are largely repetitive chores to play. 

Con man or genius? 

Pre-MGS3, I'd say he was a genius. Look at the brilliance of Metal Gear Solid 2, he took a huge gamble, gave players the middle finger, and used that same disappointment to tell a story about the power of the computer age, and our own reaction to government authority. The "villain" is a freedom fighter who wants to liberate the people, and the "hero" a government stooge mindlessly trying to kill him because it's part of the "simulation/game".

Yet fast forward to Snake Eater, and the antagonists simply repeat their own names, have zero personality, and don't advance the plot at all. Fast forward to The Phantom Pain, and Kojima f*cks over the entire narrative of the series just to give the player a wink and a nod.

Frankly, as good as Death Stranding looks, Kojima is an egotist. And he should have to sing for his supper and prove he's not just going to rest on his laurels like he's been doing since 2001.

• Tchuck, Fuzzknuckles and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:19 AM

I think the problem with Metal Gear is that he was bored of making them yet the fans wanted more (or maybe Konami). Its the reason MGS4 was a "loveletter" to the fans. The reason MGS was more gameplay is because he wanted doing different things. Its also why I consider Metal Gear Rising one of the best Metal Gears since It knew what it wanted to be and that is make a game about Raiden f*cking sh*t up with an entertaining plot (which makes fun of MGS4). f*cking Konami, should have made Rising 2 instead of making that zombies game.

I think with this one the game might be good since he could make it as different as he wants but there being no one to challenge him at some design choices is what might break somethings. 

I still wish they made a WW2 Metal Gear with The Boss but its a little too late for that now.

• Payne Killer and Darth Absentis like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:17 AM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 05 December 2016 - 11:18 AM.

Frankly, as good as Death Stranding looks, Kojima is an egotist. And he should have to sing for his supper and prove he's not just going to rest on his laurels like he's been doing since 2001.

/thread.

Does Death Stranding look good? I can't tell yet, I've only seen two laughably pretentious trailers that tell us absolutely nothing other than that Norman Reedus is going to make Darryl faces, Del Toro shouldn't be acting in this and Mads is a cut rate Dolph Lundgren impersonator. This looks like it'll be an absolute bloody mess. 

He is far too caught up in making himself look mysterious and genius-like and faffing about with "high" concepts (yeah bruv, you would have to be high to think this teleporting baby sh*t is meaningful or interesting) to bother making his games as interesting or... y'know, actually fun to play as they could be, that they just end up lackluster. Spectacular for the initial hour of "wow, look, Hideo has made another game!"

Then an hour later

"f*ck this sh*t, I have literally been doing the same thing for an hour now and it's still not fun."

Much like Suicide Squad was a film about Margot Robbie's arse, MGS V appeared to be a game about a balloon contraption. Other than that, from what I played of it, it was just another boring grrrrfest for Snake and all the other bullsh*t boring characters Kojima fans seem to love unquestionably. 

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:01 PM

https://www.facebook...155146105891803

Death Stranding 12" record. Random.

Diani The Otter
  • Diani The Otter

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:49 PM Edited by Diani The Otter, 15 March 2017 - 09:49 PM.

Given the setting, I'm going to take a guess and say that Mads Mikkelsen's character might well be a Nazi - and probably part of one of the weird occult fringe groups who seemed to flourish in Nazi Germany:

The tech would suggest a more futuristic setting. But a look at Kojima's Big Boss-era MGS games shows us that he isn't a big stickler for historical accuracy or allowing historical settings to hobble his love of gadgets and robots.

Though, I am puzzled by the badge Del Toro wears in the trailer. United Cities of America. Is it a company? Or a hint that the game is set in an alternate universe?

Given that we see tanks wth tentacles, dead WW2 soldiers attached to cords, weird oily stuff, magic babies and a dude wearing high tech gear it seems to be a parallel world that went terribly wrong. Maybe he read The Mist and liked the general concept enough to use as an idea.

E: I just hope it is not open world, although it probably is
  • Payne Killer likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users