Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:22 AM

• Payne Killer likes this

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

A Traveler of Both Time and Space.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:44 AM

So... is this, like, the spiritual successor to P.T/Silent Hills?

• DarkSavageDeathlyCloud likes this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:57 AM

No one has a f*cking clue what's it about. Wasn't it said Kojima was working on a new game that got inspired by Uncharted and some other franchise? Really f*cking curious what this turns out to be.

• Mister Pink and Edward Nashton like this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

leftist terrorist

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:49 AM

kojima are you okay?

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:16 AM

I hope this doesn't mean what I think it is to Darryl...
/walkingdead

I love to see that actor in a game (?) though. Nobody seems to have a clue what the f*ck this is all about.
We'll find out soon enough. If this is just a pile of 'weird stuff' then it could suck.

Efreet
  • Efreet

'Jabalous' in a previous life

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:23 PM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 14 June 2016 - 01:24 PM.

I feel that this trailer is more like symbolism of the recent events that Kojima went through regarding Konami and him losing his baby (Metal Gear Solid). He's known for these mind tricks and I don't see how this trailer indicates any form of a game. I am interested in his work and I don't see his next game before 2018. It will take time as he said.

• AndyGanteks likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:10 PM

Classic Kojima. Looks pretty cool & weird at the same time

• zoso80 likes this

Modojo
  • Modojo

DVA 1 Bad Guys 0

• Members
  • United-States
  • GTAF Snapmatic Logo Winner

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:58 PM Edited by Modojo, 14 June 2016 - 06:58 PM.

Reddit seems to be pulling out a lot of interesting theories about the clues within the trailer. 

The dead whales and fish indicates the cetacean stranding (which is probably where Kojima likely got his title from). The baby was probably not even a baby at the time they were washed ashore and that it could either be a male/female. It could also suggest some sort of religious allegory (ex: Adam and Eve). 

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

Well that was certainly...something.  

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:31 PM

This trailer is silly, the name is silly. 

I know, I know, Kojima is a genius or whatever, sure, but what the f*ck is this sh*t?

• El Diablo, The Yokel, Android and 2 others like this

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

🇯🇲 🇬🇭 🇯🇲

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:11 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 14 June 2016 - 09:13 PM.

Reddit seems to be pulling out a lot of interesting theories about the clues within the trailer. 

The dead whales and fish indicates the cetacean stranding (which is probably where Kojima likely got his title from). The baby was probably not even a baby at the time they were washed ashore and that it could either be a male/female. It could also suggest some sort of religious allegory (ex: Adam and Eve).

To me, it looks like some earth-ending event took place, everything looks burned and all the animals are dead, this could be something related to Norman as being some kind of an Adam and everything starting over, and those 5 mysterious figures floating in the sky are some gods or something who picked him and are watching or controlling him, and during the course of the game he has to figure out whats going on eventually and slowly rebuild humanity or something along the lines. Maybe even fight some mythical beasts or something(it's a Kojima game after all). The dogtags he's wearing and the baby could be a sign for potential flashbacks of him losing his wife/kid/baby/entire family before or during the earth-ending event.

It would actually be pretty interesting to see a game with this kind of theme.

A bit of stuff here as well: http://kotaku.com/pe...-koj-1781954066

Either way, i like this a lot.

• The Deadite likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:11 PM Edited by The Yokel, 14 June 2016 - 09:21 PM.

I don't care about CGI trailers that show no gameplay. But I am glad that Kojima is finally free from Konami and free to move away from MGS. He wanted to do it for so long. And perhaps MGS deserves a complete reboot. Or is that blasphemy? I don't know.

Hopefully now that he's able to do that he's also be able to show us that he's still a creative genius and now a hack who got lucky. His heart just wasn't in MGS anymore and that was quite evident even in MGS 4.

• Edward Nashton likes this

Switch
  • Switch

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Iraq

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:35 AM

https://en.wikipedia...acean_stranding This is the phenomena from the trailer. Just speculating, but that seems like sand polluted by oil or something. I dont know but im getting an environmental vibe from it... I love that he stuck with Reedus.

zoso80
  • zoso80

Off playing other games

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:08 AM

I'm very interested in it as well. After P.T., anything that Kojima creates with a horror/dark vibe. I am there. Good times to be on PS4 for sure.

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:26 AM

This trailer is silly, the name is silly. 

I know, I know, Kojima is a genius or whatever, sure, but what the f*ck is this sh*t?

You forgot to include fanboying over that guy with his sh*tty haircut from the television show.

A sh*tty haircut, I add, that they carried over to this game.

I hate looking at him. I hate hearing his voice. And most of all I hate his sh*tty, greasy, sh*t haircut.

• *MURDOC* and Android like this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:01 AM

Makes you wonder how much of MGS's greatness was due to Kojima being an amazing game design genius and how much of it was due to Konami knowing when/how to limit him and not let him go too far.

I have a feeling that Sony simply went up to him with a blank cheque and said "We'll fund whatever the hell you want to make. Only limit is that it must run on PS4s." And this is what we get so far. A trailer that really doesn't say anything.

Going to be interesting to see what comes out of it. But I'll argue it'll take a couple of years.

I did laugh at the people saying "Ohh Ohh I bet Konami is regretting/crying now!". And they really aren't, they make far more money with pachinko than with games, which is sad but is the reality.

Oh well.

The floor is yours, mr Kojima. Let's see how much of a genius you are.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:06 PM

weird or crazy, Kojima just made the world talk about it, that says something about what's to come from his studio.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:13 AM

wtf, this just scream silent hills....same actor, a baby...

god, i just need confirmation of something: how posible is it that kojima is going trough with silent hills ?

i mean, coud he have just said: f*ck konami, i am gonna make this game regardless ?

coud he ?!

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:23 AM

New stuff from the Game Awards 2016

• Efreet likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:25 AM

Del Toro and Mads Mikkelsen. Nice. Never played a Kojima game, but I like weird sh*t so this has me excited. Even though they haven't shown any gameplay yet.
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC and Nero like this

Efreet
  • Efreet

'Jabalous' in a previous life

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:48 AM

Typical Kojima madness. Nothing is concrete about what this game is about, but I can see a proper reveal at E3 2017. Maybe finally with gameplay and early 2018 release.

the_grizzly_man
  • the_grizzly_man

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:29 AM

Well, no real idea what was going on in that but it looked amazing. Kojima obviously splashing the cash with Del Torro and Mads Mikkelsen.

The 2nd world war-meets-weird tech-meet organic strangeness reminded me a lot of the Mother Horse Eyes narrative that played out in installments on Reddit https://www.reddit.c.../wiki/narrative

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:03 PM

I can sure say that now I'm going to actually purchase a developed Kojima game. I loved it due to the dark symbolism you peasants can't understand.

• Red XIII and The Deadite like this

Nero
  • Nero

custom grenade pin

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

Will buy for Mads.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:02 PM Edited by Red XIII, 03 December 2016 - 03:03 PM.

Please enlighten us, what does all this symbolism mean, in your own words, ROCKSTARMANIC?
  • ΣΓ likes this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:18 PM

For all we know the game could be total crap like a lot of Japanese games are. The trailers are interesting but they look like CGI. I want actual gameplay footage.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:31 PM

...who is that Mads dude that everyone is sh*tting their pants full all over the internet?

Diani The Otter
  • Diani The Otter

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

So I just the game awards video of deathstranding. It looks like an odd mix of WW2 and modernday military. This game makes me want to buy the pro.

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:24 PM

...who is that Mads dude that everyone is sh*tting their pants full all over the internet?

Madds Mikkelsen - aka, the most attractive man in Denmark (no sh*t). He's a great actor, and you might know him from the Hannibal tv program - most recent thing I can think of.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:48 PM Edited by fashion, 03 December 2016 - 04:48 PM.

Yeah, I googled it and guess you guys think I've been living as a siberian caveman for the last 30 years. Never was into Hannibal or Bond.

I'm a huuge fan of Norman though, from the walking dead series and sh*t myself when they confirmed him as the main protag.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users