Spiderman (PS4 EXCLUSIVE)

46 replies to this topic
Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:56 PM

I hate exclusivity, but I honestly can't fault them this time around.  It's not like they went and secured the rights.  Sony has owned the rights since 1985.

So let's just hope they don't murder this game like they've done to the films and and the mess they've made of the franchise.

Movie rights...... not the game rights.

Otherwise Spidey wouldn't have ever been in games like Lego, Marvel Heroes, Ultimate Alliance, Avengers Alliance and all that other stuff. Much like Namor's not been in anything because of how messy his rights are.

They had no reason to do this other than being the greedy c*nts they are. -_-

Spidey is my favorite hero and I've been waiting FOREVER for a non-movie game. I wanted more Dimensions and Edge of Times.

PhoGarrett
  • PhoGarrett

Formally known as dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:24 PM

Because they paid money to Sony to allow the game to be on the Xbox as well. A sh*tload of money. Now, Activision have no interest in this and Sony don't want to share it now, so it's a different scenario. I just hope they nail this because Spider-Man 2 was my last favourite Spiderman game. The first amazing spiderman was pretty good too, it just got boring too quick and the infamous free web attachments to the cloud was annoying.

"Since New York City is such a famous tourist attraction, planes fly over the city tons of times which allows Spiderman's Web shooters to attach to the 'sky', essentially." - Creative Director of Beenox studio, also a half-assed explanation I made up.
  • The Deadite likes this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:37 AM

Otherwise Spidey wouldn't have ever been in games like Lego, Marvel Heroes, Ultimate Alliance, Avengers Alliance and all that other stuff. Much like Namor's not been in anything because of how messy his rights are.

Spidey is my favorite hero and I've been waiting FOREVER for a non-movie game. I wanted more Dimensions and Edge of Times.

If the game is loosely based on the new Spider-Man reboot, then it's most certainly within Sony jurisdiction.  Only-if it's a standalone game would Sony not be involved.  Spider-Man's appearance in the new Captain America film was a negotiated licensing agreement made with Marvel/Disney.

Given that the new Spider-Man film debuts in 2017 and that this game will likely hit shelves around the same time, then it's safe to assume it's based on the film and that Sony has their hands all over it.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:18 AM

If the game is loosely based on the new Spider-Man reboot, then it's most certainly within Sony jurisdiction.  Only-if it's a standalone game would Sony not be involved.  Spider-Man's appearance in the new Captain America film was a negotiated licensing agreement made with Marvel/Disney.

Given that the new Spider-Man film debuts in 2017 and that this game will likely hit shelves around the same time, then it's safe to assume it's based on the film and that Sony has their hands all over it.
A) they stated that it's not tied to the mcu nor based on it, it's going to be its own original story
B) it's exclusive because marvel themselves approached Sony about it and want Sony and insomniac to be the home of future Spider-Man games

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:08 AM

A) they stated that it's not tied to the mcu nor based on it, it's going to be its own original story

B) it's exclusive because marvel themselves approached Sony about it and want Sony and insomniac to be the home of future Spider-Man games

It doesn't add up.

There's absolutely no benefit to Marvel making it exclusive to PlayStation other than if Sony carried a significant part of the budget.  Chances are that Sony did so in return for publicity of Spider-Man.  It's quite simple, really.  The movie promotes the game and vice versa.  This isn't so far fetched when you consider that Sony already negotiated a similar merchandising deal with Disney, wherein Sony licensed these rights in return for their participation in upcoming Spider-Man films.  That meant Marvel had a say in the new films.  It's a win-win for Sony and Disney, just as this game would be for Sony and Marvel.

I'm looking for a motive.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:31 PM

Ah good ol' spidey
Gotta love him

This game looks great, gonna be a buy for sure

I liked web of shadows but it wasn't a brilliant game

TBH I like 3. But that's simply because I like the black suit.

I dislike the inherent arcade-ness that seems to accompany every Spider-Man game; collecting orbs and levelling up. No thanks.
Keep my eye on this until forget about it anyway
  • Vik likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:31 PM

They could seriously make an incredible game with this.

Apart from the exclusivity, I'm on-board for this (even though I won't be able to play it).

When the first Amazing Spiderman game dropped, I was genuinely surprised to see a spiderman game done right after such a long time. It was by no means great, but it was a damn solid foundation.

That is until the second one game, which was an incredibly f*cked-up cash grab made quickly to tie-in with the movie release.

Just give us an open-world (don't know if it's been revelaed to be open-world, but I can't see them going with a linear game), a good number of side-missions where you apprehend a sh*tload of Spidey's enemies (just follow the example set up by the Arkham games, it works great) with variety, a good story (can't be THAT hard to write a decent Spiderman story), and bam, recipe for success.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:53 PM

(can't be THAT hard to write a decent Spiderman story)

Then why have we had so many awful Spider-Man movies and games in the last 20 years?

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:01 PM

this game looks hella dope, prob. day 1 buy for me :)

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:12 PM

Then why have we had so many awful Spider-Man movies and games in the last 20 years?

Because it's awfully easy to f*ck up when it comes to anything really.

This isn't some Einstein sh*t - I'm not saying I could do it, but I refuse to believe that making a solid Spiderman game would be difficult. It's been done before, time to do it again.

MyName'sJeff
  • MyName'sJeff

Schmidt f*cked the Captain's daughter!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:22 PM

Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2 were amazing. Spider-Man 3 was good, but they completely f*cked Venom up. TAS was decent and the second one was god awful garbage. So in terms of movies, we've done pretty good so far. We're just hoping the Tom Holland one is gonna be fantastic which is clearly heading that way. The first three Spider-Man games based on the movies were absolutely fantastic. Some of the greatest games of all time IMO. Even TAS the game was good, it just lacked a few things which held it back from being the best. I haven't played the others however so I don't know about them.

PhoGarrett
  • PhoGarrett

Formally known as dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Some new footage was released at E3 2017 a few weeks back. Too lazy to drop the link, but what does everyone feel about it?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

That's some exciting sh*t, right there.  

anthony
  • anthony

Welcome to Burger Shots mother f*ckeeeer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by anthony, 2 weeks ago.

I liked everything I saw in this gameplay, except the swinging.

It felt slow and scripted like in TASM2
Same animations / no acrobatics ?
Momentum ?

The game is still a WIP, and the dev said that the web attach to buildings and the swinging is physics and skill based with momentum. But still, whatever Im kind of worried, I just want to see more.

Just so f*cking hope they dont f*cked up the swinging.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 2 weeks ago

Just so f*cking hope they dont f*cked up the swinging.

It's kind of frustrating. The only Spider-Man game to successfully pull off swinging was Spider-Man 2 back in the PS2 days. I'd argue that Web of Shadows was overall a better game and the best Spider-Man game but the swinging wasn't as good as in Spider-Man 2.

• anthony likes this

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by anthony, A week ago.

Yeah unfortunately, in WOS most of the time the web is off, it doesnt stick to the building (though sometime yes) but the feel of momentum and the speed and the fluidity of the animations are amazing; it doesnt feel scripted.

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Behind the scenes with new gameplay footage:

https://twitter.com/...324618088271872

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users