Photo

Spiderman (PS4 EXCLUSIVE)

46 replies to this topic
PhoGarrett
  • PhoGarrett

Formally known as dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:12 AM Edited by Dillono, 14 June 2016 - 11:51 PM.

TRAILERS

EVERYTHING WE KNOW SO FAR

• Insomniac Games (Devs of Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, Sunset Overdrive) are making this game.
  • Peter Parker is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.
  • It will be a PlayStation 4 Exclusive. sorry Xbox and PC
  • It won't be a movie tie-in and will feature an original story.
  • Mister Pink, FullMetal, OH NO and 4 others like this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:18 AM

This looks really good.  I really enjoyed the old Spidey games back on Xbox/PS2.

At first, I was unsure as to why it was an exclusive, but then I realized that the rights to Spider-Man are owned by Sony.

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

the chiropractor

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:52 AM

Will this be the next Spiderman 2?

I doubt it but it would be nice

Professor SmackaDabbah
  • Professor SmackaDabbah

Dananananananana she really loves to break

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:25 AM

Looks promising, hopefully it's good. And I'm glad that Sucker Punch isn't making it because that means they can work full steam ahead on presumably the next inFAMOUS
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Nice Person
  • Nice Person

The Ultimate Supreme B)

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:25 AM

I'm pumped for this.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:34 AM

f*cking neato

really cool trailer too.

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:53 AM

Rise of the Tomb Raider Exclusivity PS4 Version. Seriously, I can't believe they made this exclusive  

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:42 PM

Insomniac seems like the right studio for this since they've developed a bunch of platformers before. I'm excited, I really loved Ultimate Spiderman as a kid.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:37 PM

Pretty jealous of you PS guys, Spidey deserves a comeback. I liked Beenox's efforts (Shattered Dimensions and the first ASM game in particular), but they never hit the same pinnacle Treyarch's or Neversoft's games did. Hopefully Insomniac will deliver.

I'm pleasantly surprised that Mister Negative seems to play a large role here too, he is one of the few original post-OMD era villains I really like. One of the good things Beenox have done while they had reins of the franchise is that they weren't just overusing A-listers like Venom over and over again and instead put villains like Smythe in the spotlight. It would be great if Insomniac followed upon that.

• Vik likes this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:43 PM Edited by FullMetal, 14 June 2016 - 01:44 PM.

Looks promising, hopefully it's good. And I'm glad that Sucker Punch isn't making it because that means they can work full steam ahead on presumably the next inFAMOUS

I only played the PS4 infamous game and although it was a solid game it was shamefully a game not filled with that much 'enjoyable' content. Lost interest really quickly and after grinding your powers to the max and pretty much finishing the story (which wasn't that huge to begin with) you're left with a pretty looking dull open world where there's nothing to be done.

They should better do a new IP and something more fleshed out. One of the most entertaining open world games from the last year (apart from the big titles GTAV/The Phantom Pain) was Shadow of Mordor. Now that's how you make a game that offers a sh*tton of gameplay hours. 

This looks great. I heard alot of great commentary about the last Spidey game from the PS2 era I think it was. Let's hope this will be a killer Spidey game aswel!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:48 PM

f*ck that exclusivity though.

• Richard Power Colt and Vik like this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:00 PM

I hate exclusivity, but I honestly can't fault them this time around.  It's not like they went and secured the rights.  Sony has owned the rights since 1985.

So let's just hope they don't murder this game like they've done to the films and and the mess they've made of the franchise.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

Hope this is like the Batman Arkhams series, not a cheap cash grab but actually a solid game series with its own story & characters

Thank god I have a PS4

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:04 PM

Insomniac Games are fantastic, but so far it looks like any Spiderman game ever made, which were pretty boring (in my opinion).

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:16 PM

Insomniac Games are fantastic, but so far it looks like any Spiderman game ever made, which were pretty boring (in my opinion).

How many spidey games have you played (just curious)

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:34 PM Edited by Fireman, 14 June 2016 - 03:34 PM.

Without counting the SNES one, three (or more). Only one i remember enjoying was the PSX Spiderman (probably because I was younger). I watched my brother play Spiderdman 3 and The Amazing Spiderman a lot, they were not really impressive games.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:46 PM

Without counting the SNES one, three (or more). Only one i remember enjoying was the PSX Spiderman (probably because I was younger). I watched my brother play Spiderdman 3 and The Amazing Spiderman a lot, they were not really impressive games.
Do you know if you've ever played ultimate spider man?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:03 PM

No never played that, but from what I can tell the game by Insomniac doesn't look like that neither 

Can you get to the point? :D

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:05 PM

No never played that, but from what I can tell the game by Insomniac doesn't look like that neither 

I was just wondering since Ultimate Spider-Man was an awesome game (a little short on the amount of content though). Probably one of the best comic book games in terms of feeling like a comic (even has comic transitions)
  • Fireman likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:09 PM

Spiderman 2 is by far the most beloved Spiderman game. Who knows if this one will be able to beat it, Insomniac's a pretty good studio.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:10 PM

Amazing Spider-Man 2 on the Ps2 (if I remember right) was one of my favourite games of that generation, I'd happily still play it now. The most recent Spider-Man game, on PS4, gets so close to the feeling of joy of webbing through the city, but has too much forced activity, which feels like unnecessary pressure and kills the fun. 

If we can get a Spidey game that looks THAT nice and gives you the freedom and wonder of that old game, I'm sold. What I'm seeing here looks promising. 

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:31 PM

Wow, did people forget the 2008 Spider-man: Web of Shadows? It was the best one. Better than the awesome and beloved Spider-man 2.

• PhoGarrett, Vik and otachi like this

PhoGarrett
  • PhoGarrett

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:49 PM

Insomniac Games have confirmed the game isn't a tie-in and is a original story. Adding to the OP right now.

• Journey_95 likes this

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:28 AM

that looks promising, considering the talents spidey has theyre still yet to nail a game completely, spidey 2 on ps2 was great, ultimate spider-man too...the beenox were passable but showed promise nonetheless. i hope this could be the one. Thanks for posting.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:54 AM

I have stopped caring about Spider-Man games.

Tell me I'm wrong, but they all are the same. Once I get bored of web swinging, I lose interest.
  • Sunrise Driver likes this

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:48 AM

I was just wondering since Ultimate Spider-Man was an awesome game (a little short on the amount of content though). Probably one of the best comic book games in terms of feeling like a comic (even has comic transitions)

Also, Spiderman 2 was the tits.
Forget what you think about Spiderman games and go play that.
  • gta dad likes this

PhoGarrett
  • PhoGarrett

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:19 PM

Wow, did people forget the 2008 Spider-man: Web of Shadows? It was the best one. Better than the awesome and beloved Spider-man 2.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing.
  • Edward Nashton likes this

MyName'sJeff
  • MyName'sJeff

Schmidt f*cked the Captain's daughter!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:50 PM

This looks amazing, how did I miss this? Hope they do this nicely because this could be a killer exclusive.

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:24 PM

I hate exclusivity, but I honestly can't fault them this time around. It's not like they went and secured the rights. Sony has owned the rights since 1985.

So how come Activision was publishing SM games all the time?

MyName'sJeff
  • MyName'sJeff

Schmidt f*cked the Captain's daughter!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:37 PM

Because they paid money to Sony to allow the game to be on the Xbox as well. A sh*tload of money. Now, Activision have no interest in this and Sony don't want to share it now, so it's a different scenario. I just hope they nail this because Spider-Man 2 was my last favourite Spiderman game. The first amazing spiderman was pretty good too, it just got boring too quick and the infamous free web attachments to the cloud was annoying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users