518 replies to this topic
ZANTHERA
  • ZANTHERA

The colors man... all the colors...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's a minor detail, but I just realised that the light titanium paintjob that i showed above in this page 10 days ago (#B0A89200  with frost white pearl), glows under certain light conditions, but not too much. There is no filter applied in this screenshot:

oCO8Tf8.jpg

It glows because the hex is too high, it looks more like a tan color than titanium, I'd suggest darkening it quite a bit.

Alien Reaper
  • Alien Reaper

Rat

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's a minor detail, but I just realised that the light titanium paintjob that i showed above in this page 10 days ago (#B0A89200  with frost white pearl), glows under certain light conditions, but not too much. There is no filter applied in this screenshot:

oCO8Tf8.jpg

It glows because the hex is too high, it looks more like a tan color than titanium, I'd suggest darkening it quite a bit.

The problem is that with trying to approach the real color it depends so much of where I take the sample from.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

In these photos, depending on where I put the cursor, the saturation can be around 15% or be above 70% or 80%. The lightness changes from 70% to more than 90%. Hue goes from 20 degrees to more than 50 degrees. 

So instead I took the hex from here (not even sure if it's the same titanium paintjob), which has 44 degrees of hue, 15% saturation and 85% lightness. I reduced the lightness to 63% and obtained the color in the zentorno. It is not the color of this Aventador (although it is a good approximation to the parts where the light hits more intensely), but I liked it a lot, and stuck with it. 

Anyway, since many of these modern luxury paintjobs are obtained using three or even  four coats of paint where each coat has a different shade and has enough transparency to allow us to see the coats underneath, and that is why the color seems to change so much depending on the light and the angle of view. It is impossible to know the hex of each coat separately, and In gta we're constrained to just a custom base and a non-custom pearl, except if you use a metal or chrome as a base, with a custom crew color and a pearl on top..

Edwin
  • Edwin

Your special effects are washing away...

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 2 weeks ago

My attempt at Lamborghini's "Verde Metallizato" / "Verde Countach"

#1D4933AA - Worn Green pearlescent

VZmBFxm.png

cjUjltD.png

T4qbQ64.png

hstRLuX.png

• Ursusaurus, crsN, Alien Reaper and 1 other like this

DeXiovi
  • DeXiovi

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

Very-inaccurate Bleu de France (#318CE7)
lNzwRuZ.jpg

This colour doesn't work, any alternative?

action_pumper
  • action_pumper

So rude ,,,, so very rude.

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Try
318CE7AA
318CE700
318CE7FF

oXiMo_
  • oXiMo_

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

flero.jpg

"KRAZE"

rgb (23, 9, 63)

hex #17093FAA

*Ultra Blue Pearlescent

• Caysle likes this

-Kaas
  • -Kaas

I like cheese

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't think this one has been posted yet. Credits to CaptianBackwoods for this gorgeous purple:

hdS.jpg

#160118FF with harbor blue pearlescent. Looks a hell of a lot better ingame.

• CaptianBackwoods, Alien Reaper and 1bbaxter like this

AlphaSierra111996
  • AlphaSierra111996

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's a beautiful purple. Was requested by me and Backwoods did a great job on it. Taken from this GTR.

urtOZq7.jpg
  • -Kaas likes this

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

Proud Killer of Rate The Car Above You

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted A week ago Edited by Mattoropael, A week ago.

Championship White (#EEF2DE00) - Demonstrated in Pure Gold texture and Cream Pearlescent

oZT29DO.jpg

EDIT: Forgot the Inspect Element suffix to the hex, oops.

• Eqaulo and crsN like this

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users