Unresolved questions

209 replies to this topic
Cluckin' Bell
  • Cluckin' Bell

Time for Take-Three!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:09 AM

Where were Niko's other clothes when his Hove Beach safehouse burned down?

Arran B
  • Arran B

The '80s enthusiast.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:13 AM Edited by Arran B, 28 June 2016 - 02:15 AM.

She is a nurse though so I can understand the logic behind it.

I think this type of unrealistic, useless gimmicks are completely at odds with any type of logic because of the game's more grounded feel, and just breaks the immersion otherwise.
What kind of logic is used to make any sense for a nurse to magically send across a quick health boost simply from calling her????
Jeez. Yeah. And having an arsenal of 10+ weapons in your pocket is damn right realistic too, isn't it?

I find it hilarious how you evidently have so much disregard for IV yet you still choose to visit this part of the forums. I see you posting your hate everywhere. You should definitely get out more, man. Just a thought..
  • MiamiViceCity and The Deadite like this

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:06 AM

Why are there so many abandoned school buses behind the Screamer?

This is more related to TLAD..

I've never understood why arm wrestling was put into the AOD clubhouse.

Given the animosity between The Lost and AOD in the story I wonder why AOD members don't try to attack Johnny in free roam?

If you stay next to them, they will start saying comments and looking at you, then they will attack. The same things happens with Niko and the Russians in Hove Beach after killing Mr Faustin

The Russians in Hove were always aggressive regardless of killing Faustin

Only if you provoke them, if you return after killing M Faustin they just attack you just for standing next to them. Its like jamaicans, if you attack them, they will turn on you, but after meeting Jacob and being friends with him.  they don't attack, they just flee if you attack 'em and they even assist you if get in a fight.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Long Live Tupac Shakur. Legends Never Die.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:21 AM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 28 June 2016 - 04:22 AM.

Why are there so many abandoned school buses behind the Screamer?

This is more related to TLAD..

I've never understood why arm wrestling was put into the AOD clubhouse.

Given the animosity between The Lost and AOD in the story I wonder why AOD members don't try to attack Johnny in free roam?

If you stay next to them, they will start saying comments and looking at you, then they will attack. The same things happens with Niko and the Russians in Hove Beach after killing Mr Faustin

The Russians in Hove were always aggressive regardless of killing Faustin

Only if you provoke them, if you return after killing M Faustin they just attack you just for standing next to them. Its like jamaicans, if you attack them, they will turn on you, but after meeting Jacob and being friends with him.  they don't attack, they just flee if you attack 'em and they even assist you if get in a fight.
It's best not to piss them off. Most of those idiots carry shotguns which deal some serious damage to Niko. (including Johnny and Lius.)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:09 AM

Canonically, Niko never gets busted. If getting busted was part of the story, he probably would get deported.

If he never got busted, then how does he have an entry in the LCPD database?

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:57 AM

Canonically, Niko never gets busted. If getting busted was part of the story, he probably would get deported.

If he never got busted, then how does he have an entry in the LCPD database?

He's probably being watched by them pigs. 

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:00 AM

Jon Gravelli mentions that the LCPD has a file on Niko "an inch thick". So, his activity is definitely known.

IV actually did a really good job at lampshading Niko's immunity from both the law enforcement and vengeful criminals wanting to settle the score. You have both the ULPC and Pegorino directly stating, multiple times, that they are giving Niko protection, aforementioned Gravelli making Niko's record disappear and Francis getting rid of the evidence implicating Niko in Faustin's murder and then looking out for him, for his own sake (since if Niko went down, he'd take Francis with him). Basically, Niko was covered from all angles.

• MiamiViceCity, lilchris131, PhillBellic and 2 others like this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Omm

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:28 AM

As we saw the Theme of GTA:
TBOGT is Nightlife
TLaD is Biker Theme
So what's IV's Theme?

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Rest in peace, Chester.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:35 AM

TBOGT is Nightlife
TLaD is Biker Theme
So what's IV's Theme?

Overall it is the chase of the american dream and an analysis of the american culture by a imigrant.

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:36 PM

TBOGT is Nightlife
TLaD is Biker Theme
So what's IV's Theme?

Typical hired killer. Jason Statham movies look alike.

• Payne Killer likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:46 PM

˄

Yup, agree with both. Though, if I can chime in, the hitman/biker/nightlife are more of a subject of the game, rather than themes, in the traditional, literary sense. They're the setting for the narrative and the characters, the background, but theme is more of a statement, a message that the author wants to convey. Concepts they dig into to examine.

The American Dream is a reoccuring, central theme though most of R*'s work. IV is about the search of the American Dream in the modern world, RDR is about spreading of the Dream, the prospect of security, betterment and prosperity it carries and the cost that comes with, MP3 touched upon the American intrusions into foreign affairs and V is about the post-Dream world, with people either facing the reality of it never bringing fulfillment or sating the greed, or giving up on it altogether.

But each game also deals with its own specific themes. For IV, it's how individuals deal with the past and pain and, obviously, revenge. TLaD tackled authority and (dis)regard for consequences and TBoGT integrity and ambition.

• Duxfever, Zello and Voggs like this

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • South-Ossetia

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

So what's IV's Theme?

Revenge, Family & The American Dream. 

reventer
  • reventer

Car Aficionado

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:59 AM

Why does Niko always respawn at a hospital after dieing?

What if... If we died once we wouldn't be able to respawn..
Just like real life :p
jokes aside.

Why does Niko have a old cellphone?

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:03 AM

Why does Niko have a old cellphone?

Because that's Roman's old one. Maybe he hasn't had the chance to get a newer one.

• Cluckin' Bell likes this

Cluckin' Bell
  • Cluckin' Bell

Time for Take-Three!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:25 AM

How come Niko's health restores whenever he gives money to a tramp? Does he feel so good about himself that his heart warms up?

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:56 PM

How come Niko's health restores whenever he gives money to a tramp? Does he feel so good about himself that his heart warms up?

Reptilians Health ray, its gotta be!

• Zello, Payne Killer and Cluckin' Bell like this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Long Live Tupac Shakur. Legends Never Die.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:21 PM

Reptilians Health ray, its gotta be!
It's been like this since since III :p

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:29 PM

@ pedinhuh
Still makes no sense.
Why would a war veteran with a military training need "advices" from a nurse like Carmen on how to treat simple wounds like bruises through the phonecall?

Carmen: Poor baby, just apply pressure to any wound.

I find it really funny that Niko is so naive that he needs to call a nurse to simply put some sense in his head that applying pressure on a wound would stop bleeding. :lol: :lol:

I mean, I'm sure any one would realise this in real life, and this war veteran doesn't???
Niko can eat the food to heal all kinds of wounds without any medical advice, but Niko needs to gain a certain percentage dating with her, sleep with her, and then she will advice Niko on the phone about something that a war veteran should already know.
I find this feature to be the most stupid, most unrealistic that totally breaks the immersion for me, especially, when I realize that Niko is a War Veteran to begin with..
I mean, if its possible for a war veteran to have zero knowledge about something so simple as that then its definitely possible for street gangster from the hood being able to steal and fly a Jetpack from a heavily guarded military base without any prior experience or knowledge, too.

Arran B
  • Arran B

The '80s enthusiast.

• Members

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

In a game where you can take a shotgun shell to the chest and then a few moments later completely heal yourself after eating a f*ckin' burger, I don't find it that irrational or ridiculous. Calling Carmen is also completely optional, I for one have never used it and I'm sure a lot of other people are the same. Oh, and you still haven't responded to my previous post. So what else do you do with your life apart from bashing IV on here?
  • MiamiViceCity likes this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:44 PM

I'm not bashing IV but raising an important question about a war veteran's lack of common sense that needs to make a phonecall for getting such a simple tip that even a layman would be able to understand.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:56 PM

16op2x.jpg

Seriously, Osho.

• MiamiViceCity, theGTAking101, Zello and 4 others like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:42 PM

I mean, if its possible for a war veteran to have zero knowledge about something so simple as that then its definitely possible for street gangster from the hood being able to steal and fly a Jetpack from a heavily guarded military base without any prior experience or knowledge, too.

Even if someone thought the idea of a street thug breaking into a top secret military base was the most retarded idea ever conceived it doesn't change the fact it's required to complete the story.

I've never given it any thought that Carnen's ability has any bearing on Niko's status as a war veteran and he should know how to heal himself.

It's just another way of obtaining health presented in a slightly different way than usual. Don't see what the problem is.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:50 PM

The problem is the NEED to make Niko ( even if optional ) phonecall a character for getting a tip on something a war veteran would already know, making him to breakout of his character. It was not really required to introduce such a silly feature which hardly has any significant use. Niko could also ask for tips/advice on something not possible for a war veteran to experience or least likely to have prior knowledge. Since the game was advertised as a realistic game with a more "grounded feel" than its predecessors, it breaks the immersion.
In case of CJ, the fact that its unimaginative for a gangster to be involved in flying a jetpack who has no prior experience or knowledge can be easily assumed on part of the developers as making some creative liberties for offering something unique to experience for the players and presented an interesting way of obtaining jetpack that might not make complete sense for CJs character, but there's no other alternative to obtain the jetpack ( plenty of alternatives already available to restore health in IV and much better than what Carmen's special ability offers ) nor its entirely a waste as an "optional" flyable item, which is fine as many players ( except the anti-SA group ) didn't mind because it still makes sense within the realm of the 3D Universe games that has a noticeably funny, over the top, unrealistic feel. Additionally, the jetpack has its own interesting uses that stands out from other flying vehicles in game.

In case of Niko, its impossible to assume this feature and pass it off as the best "creative liberty" ever in game either for giving players to experience something very interesting, and fun to use, nor as something that Niko would be so inexperienced to make any sense to make that phonecall for getting a tip!

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

rip andrea. a great twd character.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:39 PM

who was after gerry. in the mission i need your clothes boots and motercycle he said somebody has been watching him and ratting him out.

what happens to angus from tlad? he wasent in gta 5 so it makes me wonder if he stayed in lc or moved to ls but is not seen.

also why was the lupisella family not in the game except from being mentioned. they should have had missions involving them.

why did niko ask for help from phill bell and he agrees but never helps.

and last how did niko know florian lived in liberty city? unless i missed something.

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:43 PM

Jesus, and I thought I was nitpicker. Osho is taking it to new levels. 

• MiamiViceCity, Official General, PhillBellic and 5 others like this

Cluckin' Bell
  • Cluckin' Bell

Time for Take-Three!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:36 PM

what happens to angus from tlad? he wasent in gta 5 so it makes me wonder if he stayed in lc or moved to ls but is not seen.

He was probably wise enough to keep his arse in Alderney.

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:55 AM

How did Niko knew that Elizabeta's stolen drugs were located on Colony Island? Neither Liz nor Lil' Jacob mentioned anything of the old hospital to him.

Cluckin' Bell
  • Cluckin' Bell

Time for Take-Three!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:15 AM

Where does Niko go to pinch a loaf or take a leak?

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:28 AM

The problem is the NEED to make Niko ( even if optional ) phonecall a character for getting a tip on something a war veteran would already know, making him to breakout of his character. It was not really required to introduce such a silly feature which hardly has any significant use. Niko could also ask for tips/advice on something not possible for a war veteran to experience or least likely to have prior knowledge. Since the game was advertised as a realistic game with a more "grounded feel" than its predecessors, it breaks the immersion.
In case of CJ, the fact that its unimaginative for a gangster to be involved in flying a jetpack who has no prior experience or knowledge can be easily assumed on part of the developers as making some creative liberties for offering something unique to experience for the players and presented an interesting way of obtaining jetpack that might not make complete sense for CJs character, but there's no other alternative to obtain the jetpack ( plenty of alternatives already available to restore health in IV and much better than what Carmen's special ability offers ) nor its entirely a waste as an "optional" flyable item, which is fine as many players ( except the anti-SA group ) didn't mind because it still makes sense within the realm of the 3D Universe games that has a noticeably funny, over the top, unrealistic feel. Additionally, the jetpack has its own interesting uses that stands out from other flying vehicles in game.

In case of Niko, its impossible to assume this feature and pass it off as the best "creative liberty" ever in game either for giving players to experience something very interesting, and fun to use, nor as something that Niko would be so inexperienced to make any sense to make that phonecall for getting a tip!

You seem to be hung up on this idea that GTA IV was touted as some super realistic game when it really wasn't. When you break it down there are still things about GTA IV that defy reality. Niko can magically spawn vehicles out of thin air with his phone, he can survive falls from heights that would kill a normal human being, he can take point blank gun shots like The Terminator etc.

In general I prefer to avoid the word "realism" because I think it gets thrown around too much. GTA IV is definitely more grounded and not as cartoonish as its predecessors, but it doesn't forget that it's a video game after all.

In the case of Carmen's ability I don't see how such a simple feature designed to give the players another option of gaining health (if they choose to do so) is so detrimental that it can actually make a protagonist break character. It's no more immersion breaking to Niko's status as a war veteran than it is to buy hotdogs that replenish health instantly.

• B Dawg, Official General, Misunderstood and 2 others like this

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:40 AM

I don't know where you got this feeling that IV was ever supposed to be this super realistic crap. Sure, it IS more grounded than 3D era and more "realistic" than the 3D but it's still nowhere near being a realistic game. 

• MiamiViceCity, B Dawg, PhillBellic and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users