Unresolved questions

209 replies to this topic
Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:17 AM

Why does everytime Niko is chasing someone, the buses, the trucks, the bikes and the cars that are on his path are always having an accident or can't drive straight? Is this some sort of a shady plan where members of the IAA are sent to prevent Niko from killing more people?

Why does the Chinese boss that Luis and Tony meet during Chinese Takeout is a different guy wearing the same outfit in This sh*t's cursed? Plastic surgery?

Why is Niko not suspected of the death of Goldberg when he escaped the building without attracting anyone's attention, also, how come nobody decided to check his computer when you can clearly see that the last thing Goldberg saw was Niko's resume? Was Francis charged of this case and decided to make every file related to Niko disappear?

How did Packie never notice the chopper following him to the place where Gracie was held?

How does Cherise even know Niko's name when he meet her again?

• UltraGizmo64, theGTAking101, Uncle Vlad and 1 other like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:34 AM

Why does everytime Niko is chasing someone, the buses, the trucks, the bikes and the cars that are on his path are always having an accident or can't drive straight? Is this some sort of a shady plan where members of the IAA are sent to prevent Niko from killing more people?

No. Its because the chase and all the traffic in the missions are scripted.
Check - Grandtheftwiki.com that reveals more about IVs scripted missions.
Some ex: Bleed Out, No Love Lost, Ivan The Not So Terrible, and many more missions if you search further...
That my friend is the sad reality of the HD GTAs where sacrificing player's freedom sounds cool for Hollywood's B Grade action nowadays.

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:48 AM

No. Its because the chase and all the traffic in the missions are scripted.
Check - Grandtheftwiki.com that reveals more about IVs scripted missions.
Some ex: Bleed Out, No Love Lost, Ivan The Not So Terrible, and many more missions if you search further...
That my friend is the sad reality of the HD GTAs where sacrificing player's freedom sounds cool for Hollywood's B Grade action nowadays.

Yes I know that, the thing is that it happens everytime during mission, scripted chase away, Niko must find this odd that these accident always happen when he's chasing someone .

• theGTAking101 likes this

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:26 AM

How did Packie never notice the chopper following him to the place where Gracie was held?

Cocaine, probably.

• Payne Killer and The Deadite like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:32 AM

Cocaine, probably.

Maybe his Radio was blaring, and as a result, couldn't hear the Helicopter.

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:43 AM Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz, 25 June 2016 - 11:45 AM.

She is a nurse though so I can understand the logic behind it.

I think this type of unrealistic, useless gimmicks are completely at odds with any type of logic because of the game's more grounded feel, and just breaks the immersion otherwise.
What kind of logic is used to make any sense for a nurse to magically send across a quick health boost simply from calling her????
Game mechanics, Osho. Just like CJ carrying a military arsenal in his underwear and sandals in SA. It just destroys any immersion when CJ does that.
  • MiamiViceCity, PhillBellic, UltraGizmo64 and 1 other like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Wanna play with me on PS4? Add me: rph_brasil

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:33 PM

I think this type of unrealistic, useless gimmicks are completely at odds with any type of logic because of the game's more grounded feel, and just breaks the immersion otherwise.
What kind of logic is used to make any sense for a nurse to magically send across a quick health boost simply from calling her????

The same logic that allows Trevor, Michael and Franklin to magically heal by hiding into cover or just standing somewhere for a minute.
It's a game feature that is there to help players, this doesn't really need a logic and you can ignore it, calling her for that is optional, unlike in V where that feature can't even be turned off, now THAT is an annoying gimmicky.

• MiamiViceCity, Street Mix and PhillBellic like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

The same logic that allows Trevor, Michael and Franklin to magically heal by hiding into cover or just standing somewhere for a minute.

How nice of you to share such a useful information, but you seem to have surprisingly overlooked the term "grounded feel" from my post. I don't think the masterpiece GTA SA and the amazing GTA V ever advertised themselves as going for more realism to make it seem more "sense" in terms of the theme and keep everything in the world grounded that even the craziest antics and stupidest gimmicks does not break immersion?
I'm sorry then. I must be playing a wrong game, even though last time I checked those "advertised" features were exclusive to IV and not SA / V???
Strange.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:37 PM

Yeah I guess being able to be calll someone that can give you some advice that restores health isn't exactly realistic. Then again it's not as immersion breaking as floating heart icons that can magically restore health by walking into them.

I don't where the idea came from though that GTA IV ever strided to be a truly realistic game. In this instance R* obviously thought of convenience first.

If it were realistic then we would probably have to go to the hospital where Carmen works and have surgery. Sounds fun right?
  • Official General likes this

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

GTA SA was advertised to be a '90s LA gangster styled game, yet you end up stealing green goo and jetpacks from secret government bases. You suck at trolling Osho, go away.

• MiamiViceCity, universetwisters, Mega and 4 others like this

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:12 PM Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz, 25 June 2016 - 03:17 PM.

Yeah I guess being able to be calll someone that can give you some advice that restores health isn't exactly realistic. Then again it's not as immersion breaking as floating heart icons that can magically restore health by walking into them.

I don't where the idea came from though that GTA IV ever strided to be a truly realistic game. In this instance R* obviously thought of convenience. If it were realistic then we probably would have to go to the hospital where Carmen works and have surgery. Sounds fun right?

It's all game mechanics. Rockstar didn't try to pretend that IV was not a game, they aimed for realism in the context of story and the way the world reacts to the player, while still making it function as a game, and all games have rules. There's nothing immersion breaking about Carmen's ability.

It's like Dimitri says; "we cannot change the rules".
  • MiamiViceCity, Official General, UltraGizmo64 and 1 other like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:21 PM

I don't where the idea came from though that GTA IV ever strided to be a truly realistic game. In this instance R* obviously thought of convenience. If it were realistic then we probably would have to go to the hospital where Carmen works and have surgery. Sounds fun right?

It's all game mechanics. Rockstar didn't try to pretend that IV was not a game, they aimed for realism in the context of story and the way the world reacts to the player, while still making it function as a game, and all games have rules. There's nothing immersion breaking about Carmen's ability.
It's like Dmitri says; "we cannot change the rules".

Agreed.

To get back on topic I take it you didn't realise she was a nurse? Hope I helped somewhat.:)

Another question.

How are the LCPD so incompetent to not have discovered the gun shops? Seriously a cop walking by could just waltz straight in.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:26 PM

How does Niko not get deported? He's in the country illegally and when he gets busted they just let him go

Canonically, Niko never gets busted. If getting busted was part of the story, he probably would get deported.

-In "Easy As Can Be" when Niko's just stolen Lyle's car how does he know so quickly the pursuers are a threat? He looks over to see the car parked across the street and says "No risks Brucie? Maybe this juicing is f*cking with your head" like after a couple of seconds.

Considering that Brucie had Niko find and kill Lyle, he obviously knew that a car with gangsters pulling up and looking in Niko's direction was going to be trouble.

In the mission "logging in", Roman sends Niko to a internet cafe even though he's in front of a computer.

Why is Roman such a dick to Niko?
Why can't he check out his e-mail in the taxi central?

Niko was new to the city so he wouldn't know where else to find a computer apart from Roman's depot. Who knows, maybe Roman also wanted to set up Niko with Alejandra as well.

Carmen's abilty to heal gunshots over the phone always puzzled me.

She's a nurse, so she obviously knows first-aid. She tells Niko what do do through the phone, and it's Niko healing himself - R* just didn't animate this because most players would find that annoying after a while.

Still more realistic than a street gangster from the hood being able to steal and fly a Jetpack from a heavily guarded military base without any prior experience or knowledge.

I am guessing that this would happen more often if R* would be able to script the traffic so that is happens all the time at random times. Most of the time the crashes are a result of disruption caused by Niko or the people being chased.

Why does the Chinese boss that Luis and Tony meet during Chinese Takeout is a different guy wearing the same outfit in This sh*t's cursed? Plastic surgery?

Canonically, he looks just like he does in TBoGT. But since TLAD came out first and they didn't have much with TBoGT done yet, the models changed. It's the same with Jim Fitzgerald in IV looking extremely different than his TLAD appearance, or Ray Bulgarin compared between IV and TBoGT.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing the radio full-volume or thought it was just a civilian helicopter. There is no explanation for not finding the helicoper hovering right above his house suspicious, though.

To me it never made any sense how Johnny (and the rest of The Lost) is able to freely roam Liberty City while the bridges are locked due to a terrorist threat. If I were a cop in LC, I'd find a biker gang a bigger terrorist threat than an Eastern-European civilian trying to cross the bridge.
  • MiamiViceCity, Official General, PhillBellic and 4 others like this

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:33 PM

To get back on topic I take it you didn't realise she was a nurse? Hope I helped somewhat.:)

Another question.

How are the LCPD so incompetent to not have discovered the gun shops? Seriously a cop walking by could just waltz straight in.

No, I knew. But the topic replies were questions that take stabs at video game logic, and Carmen's ability is definitely one of them.
  • MiamiViceCity likes this

VSVP
  • VSVP

Racist Moron

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:49 PM

Why are numerous GTA characters from the past presumed dead in the clump of tags of graffiti such as CJ, Claude, Toni, Tommy and Vic? Is this a hint that Claude, CJ and the rest may never make a return?

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

__Keep it Old School__

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2016 - 04:00 PM

Why are numerous GTA characters from the past presumed dead in the clump of tags of graffiti such as CJ, Claude, Toni, Tommy and Vic? Is this a hint that Claude, CJ and the rest may never make a return?

Their from a different universe so R* made seem that past 3D protagonist were dead in the events of the HD era which started in IV.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:17 AM Edited by pedinhuh, 26 June 2016 - 02:16 AM.

How nice of you to share such a useful information, but you seem to have surprisingly overlooked the term "grounded feel" from my post. I don't think the masterpiece GTA SA and the amazing GTA V ever advertised themselves as going for more realism to make it seem more "sense" in terms of the theme and keep everything in the world grounded that even the craziest antics and stupidest gimmicks does not break immersion?
I'm sorry then. I must be playing a wrong game, even though last time I checked those "advertised" features were exclusive to IV and not SA / V???
Strange.
Far as I'm aware, V is meant to be grounded too, not like IV but still grounded in some reality, while having some room for stupid stuff too(like aliens and FPS health regeneration).

Or else, why the f*ck M, F and T can be ejected out of their cars when they crash head-on against a wall or a car? Or why do they die if they take a long fall and land on the ocean? Or why there is no jetpack?
I can keep going but I think you're mentally developed enough to know where I'm going here.

Anyway, like I said the feature is optional and doesn't have to be a immersion breaker UNLESS you let it be.

Also, here's a little something about that feature you might not know:

If Niko gets shot at, Carmen will tell him that she can't help as she can't treat gunshot wounds over the phone(obviously because the process is a lot more complicated, requires extraction of the bullet via surgery), she can only help Niko with concussion, bruises and cut wounds by offering advices to him through the phonecall, by saying to apply pressure to the wound to avoid blood loss.

So even in feature that is not really that much realistic, they tried to make it as grounded as possible, but this feature is there just for the sake of convenience to the player.
  • MiamiViceCity, Duxfever, PhillBellic and 2 others like this

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:37 AM

Why all taxi drivers look the same? Oh yeah, Rockstar is lazy,

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:17 PM

They don't, stupid malacka.
  • Street Mix, theGTAking101, Uncle Vlad and 1 other like this

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:43 PM

They don't, stupid malacka.

You sure? 90% of them look the same. 

Uncle Vlad
  • Uncle Vlad

annoying dick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:51 PM Edited by Uncle Vlad, 26 June 2016 - 01:51 PM.

Depends on the area. You can see the Greek taxi drivers all over the city, but in Dukes or Alderney there are often white taxi drivers (probably Irish-Americans?) or in the Hove Beach area there are Russian taxi drivers, even female ones. And sometimes there are African-American taxi drivers, for example in Bohan or Norh Holland.

• PhillBellic, Pedinhuh and VSVP like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

THEN I SWALLOD THE EVRYTING

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

Why are there derailed subway cars in the Algonquin bridge at the end of no way on the subway?

Was it Trevor? I bet is Trevor's fault.
  • MiamiViceCity, Legomanarthur, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:16 PM

Why are there derailed subway cars in the Algonquin bridge at the end of no way on the subway?

This has always bugged me to be honest, might be related to the guy reporting a supposed terrorist while sitting on a train on WKTT, he killed an innocent guy and the driver lost control and derailed the train at this exact spot right before that biker and Niko went out of the tunnel.

• The Deadite likes this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:23 PM Edited by Street Mix, 26 June 2016 - 06:37 PM.

Oh yes. No Way On The Subway.

As we progress through the mission, we learn that there's a derailment on the bridge. But how come subway cars (several!!!) come from that direction?

• The Deadite likes this

CarlsonRe
  • CarlsonRe

''It's no problem to kill you.''

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:35 PM

It's a game feature that is there to help players, this doesn't really need a logic and you can ignore it, calling her for that is optional, unlike in V where that feature can't even be turned off, now THAT is an annoying gimmicky.

Alright, enough, the explanation is that she gives health TIPS, but still they do have to explain the obvious ''Just calm down for a minute, baby.'' ''Thanks, Carmen.''

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:19 AM

Meta Question:

Why did they make a separate Police Vehicle Fleet and Law Enforcement Officers for New Alderney? This also affects Public Services as well.

• Pedinhuh and CreepShow like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:19 PM

Why are there so many abandoned school buses behind the Screamer?

This is more related to TLAD..

I've never understood why arm wrestling was put into the AOD clubhouse.

Given the animosity between The Lost and AOD in the story I wonder why AOD members don't try to attack Johnny in free roam?
  • The Deadite likes this

Cluckin' Bell
  • Cluckin' Bell

Bullsh*t at Bullworth

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:47 PM

Nah. Niko will perform an execution on Trevor with the pistol so that Liberty City won't need to worry about that methhead.

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:06 AM

Given the animosity between The Lost and AOD in the story I wonder why AOD members don't try to attack Johnny in free roam?

If you stay next to them, they will start saying comments and looking at you, then they will attack. The same things happens with Niko and the Russians in Hove Beach after killing Mr Faustin

VSVP
  • VSVP

Racist Moron

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:35 AM

If you stay next to them, they will start saying comments and looking at you, then they will attack. The same things happens with Niko and the Russians in Hove Beach after killing Mr Faustin

The Russians in Hove were always aggressive regardless of killing Faustin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users