Shooting At Orlando Nightclub

258 replies to this topic
John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:33 PM

Some of you are showing intense levels of hypocrisy. Just as Typhus has just pointed out, if you won't defend/support everyone equally then shut the f*ck up. No-one gives a f*ck about your issues with certain groups of people.
OP made this thread to express support for the victims and their families and you're all playing the blame game.

Half of it is - it's the muslims, those crazy bastards and the other half is - no it's them nutty right wing christians, it's their fault.
It's the fault of the c*nt who pulled the trigger.

I don't even like religion of any kind, I don't believe in it nor do I want to, but I don't intend to use loss of life to whine about how all religion should be banned. Why? Because that's f*cking selfish and ignorant.

Give it a f*cking rest. I can't even help myself from reading this because it's so shocking how selfish some of you are.

It's all well and good to say things like 'who cares about the possible religious motivations, what we should be talking about is the victims', and I agree with the latter, but I'd say it's pretty damn important to establish what influenced this f*ckstick to carry out what he did to do what we can to avoid a similar future incident. The US president has already confirmed this was an act of terror, and the accused just happens to be of Afghani origin. So is it really surprising people are drawing conclusions and making connections?
  • GTA_stu, Skeever, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and 1 other like this

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:38 PM

To ignore the role anti-LGBT legislation in the increase of hate crimes against queer people in the US. The shooter still lived in a country where a politician gets applause for dehumanizing queer people. 

• Otter and Melchior like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

weight of the wind

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:42 PM Edited by Canadian Badass, 12 June 2016 - 06:43 PM.

To ignore the role anti-LGBT legislation in the increase of hate crimes against queer people in the US. The shooter still lived in a country where a politician gets applause for dehumanizing queer people. 

There's a difference between being applauded for making a stupid speech in a hug box and murdering 50 homosexuals. This is beyond a hate crime. Time can heal those wounds, nothing can bring those people back.
  • ten-a-penny, Skeever, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:43 PM

Well...curious to see what an awsome story the coming newspapers will bring me...or maybe they will largly ignore it here in Belgium.

shootings in the USA....its kinda getting old.

unless they can still speculate about this and an IS conection early tomorrow...because IS is kinda the new symbol of evil these days since al qaida got old and we just dont care about things like the LRA

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

DILF in waiting

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

Oh please, wanting gender segregated toilets or believing marriage should be between a man and a woman isn't creating an atmosphere where people are encouraged to grab a gun and kill 50 people at a gay nightclub, or creating an atmosphere where that's seen as ok. You're reaching at straws.

• Abel., trip, Spaghetti Cat and 8 others like this

Abel.
  • Abel.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:48 PM Edited by Failure, 12 June 2016 - 06:52 PM.

There's a real lack of specifics in this discussion. The kind of radicalism I'm on about is Salafi-Jihadism, which has become disturbingly prevalent in the West amongst disaffected young Muslims and in isolated cases is being pushed in mosques which received funding from the Saudis to preach Wahabism.

I'm not on about Ahmadi Muslims, who actively preach peace and coexistence (in no small part due to the huge persecution they've faced), or the (largely Sunni) Kurds who have recently guaranteed minority rights in regions under their control (going so far as to reopen synagogues left by fleeing Iraqi Jews in the 40s and 50s and encouraging Israeli tourism), or the Druze community which draws much from Shia Islam and is universally lauded in Israel for how agreeable and loyal it is. I'm not on about the local kebab shop owners either.

I'm just saying that we should recognise the heightened risk of Islamic terror in today's world, try to understand its causes and not pretend it doesn't exist. We also need a frank discussion about the kind of values being pushed in today's madrasas and faith schools of all kinds. We need to be able to integrate the next generation of Western Muslims.

• Spaghetti Cat and Dealux like this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:49 PM

Just saw this on the news. My condolences to all victims and their families. This news become too often unfortunately. I can see discussion went straight to politics. Slow down people,what if someone you knew died,you wouldnt like then to see their death be used for someones agenda.

• ceszayers likes this

Nice Person
  • Nice Person

KD*

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:02 PM Edited by Mion, 12 June 2016 - 08:48 PM.

This is scary to me because I'm going to Orlando in about 3 weeks... well, Florida. 

It's also grimey to go straight into politics in this thread about an event over 50 people died from, I'd atleast think some of you would type R.I.P but some of you went straight into talking about Moslems or White Christians. 

• *MURDOC* and ceszayers like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:09 PM

God dammit, the first thing I saw when I woke up.

Those idiots really underestimate their God. God says in the Quran that God is the judge, God doesn't need help since God is the creater of the universe and anything God wants happens when God says it happens. We humans have been given freewill to prove to God that we deserve to be created.

Gun control needs to be fixed as well. I am not saying take guns away from people but they should atleast put some restriction on it. That bastard who did this legally bought his weapons and ammo. Its scary to know that its this easy for someone like that bastard to buy a gun and kill 50 innocent people trying to have fun. Let that sink in, One person killed 50 persons in minutes. A knife wouldn't have killed so many people in a few minutes.

I doubt ISIS is behind this. They can claim as much as they want but they believe that Shia Muslims are infidels and the shooter is a Shia Muslim so if he was in their "Califate" then he would have been killed.

My condolences to all the victems and all who are affected from this horrible massacre.  

• ten-a-penny likes this

🇯🇲🇯🇲🇯🇲

• BUSTED!
  • Jamaica
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:10 PM

According to NBC the shooter called 911 before the attack and vowed allegiance to ISIS.

According to Reuters ISIS has taken credit for the attack.

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:15 PM

I'm just waiting on the bestgore.com footage which shows something entirely different than the news.
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and Lennart - like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

weight of the wind

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:16 PM

I'm just waiting on the bestgore.com footage which shows something entirely different than the news.

Holy sh*t it's former world heavyweight champion Edge!
  • Azurex, M0rk, Payne Killer and 3 others like this

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:26 PM Edited by Kristian., 12 June 2016 - 07:32 PM.

It would be funny if he was a christian white male who hated homosexuals because his holy book told him so. But then it wouldn't be terrorism, because it's the right god. 

RIP to those who perished in this event. Always despicable for one asshole to ruin everyone's lives.

Right because a mass shooting is basically the same thing as the phenomenon of global jihad. :sarcasm: It's not that you couldn't portray this attack as an act of terrorism but it all depends on how loose your definition for the word "terrorism" is.

Typically, an act of terrorism is an act of violence through which individuals\groups seek to achieve political goals or to coerce others. I'm not sure how this case fits this definition. Was the attacker even part of a terrorist group? We don't know that yet.

Edit: OK, so he might be a jihadist. That's not the same as a Christian killing a bunch of gay guys. The killing of homosexuals as a means of punishment is not a belief that is popular within Christianity at all. As a contrast, in some Islamic countries this is common practice.

• Gay Tony likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:26 PM

Rest in peace to all the victims, a score of probably mostly young lives, all lost. It's so sad for them and their families, but it's also sad that it's not all that surprising to read of yet another terrible tragedy happening.

The Christian Right has introduced 200 anti-LGBT bills in the past 6 months and people are blaming Islam. 

I'm not fighting against your point but I just read this topic and then scrolled by this share on Facebook... a bit of effort wouldn't go amiss if you're just going to post bait without even acknowledging the victims.

6438b957823a014d5e745278db9f4451.png

• El Diablo, Pat, 860 and 6 others like this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

BENEFITS CRISPY FLAPS

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Best New Member in Gen Chat 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:28 PM

Some of you are showing intense levels of hypocrisy. Just as Typhus has just pointed out, if you won't defend/support everyone equally then shut the f*ck up. No-one gives a f*ck about your issues with certain groups of people.
OP made this thread to express support for the victims and their families and you're all playing the blame game.

Half of it is - it's the muslims, those crazy bastards and the other half is - no it's them nutty right wing christians, it's their fault.
It's the fault of the c*nt who pulled the trigger.

I don't even like religion of any kind, I don't believe in it nor do I want to, but I don't intend to use loss of life to whine about how all religion should be banned. Why? Because that's f*cking selfish and ignorant.

Give it a f*cking rest. I can't even help myself from reading this because it's so shocking how selfish some of you are.

It's all well and good to say things like 'who cares about the possible religious motivations, what we should be talking about is the victims', and I agree with the latter, but I'd say it's pretty damn important to establish what influenced this f*ckstick to carry out what he did to do what we can to avoid a similar future incident. The US president has already confirmed this was an act of terror, and the accused just happens to be of Afghani origin. So is it really surprising people are drawing conclusions and making connections?

Of course not. It's what people do.

I have a problem with people who know this and are STILL fighting over it. We know where is he from, who he is - and we certainly know what influenced him. I have a problem with people who know the information we've been given and are still trying to develop their own little stories to prove their points.

My post was mainly aimed at the posters bringing up christianity to counter the comments made about islam. Of course the background of the murderer is important, bu you can't deny people are already using this situation to benefit themselves and their cause. That's my issue.

• Spaghetti Cat likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:29 PM

hey guys lets repeal the 2nd amendment and ban all Muslims from entering the United States.

have I solved the problem yet?

• *MURDOC*, ten-a-penny, Sir Michael and 1 other like this

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:43 PM Edited by This Guy?, 12 June 2016 - 07:43 PM.

Been watching this on the news all morning, crazy terrible sh*t

fast and bulbous squid
  • fast and bulbous squid

you can call me... SUPERLIGHTDUSKMASTER99

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

Gotta love how some people are already using this tragic event perpetrated by either an insane gunman or an insane terrorist group to degrade such broad groups of people and further their political agenda. Pathetic.
  • *MURDOC* likes this

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:01 PM

Oh please, wanting gender segregated toilets or believing marriage should be between a man and a woman isn't creating an atmosphere where people are encouraged to grab a gun and kill 50 people at a gay nightclub, or creating an atmosphere where that's seen as ok. You're reaching at straws.

In modern predominantly Christian nations you can live comfortably being homosexual than pretty much any Muslim Middle-Eastern nation.

Because although a lot of people on the right (and Christians) and right wing parties in general are not fully supportive of gays it's not like there's the widespread genuine hatred that there was before. I mean that does still exist, but it's not as pervasive as it used it be.

Not enough to pick up a gun and massacre gays. But it does still exist in such a more widespread manner amongst Muslims and that can't be ignored.

Also, rip to the victims.

• GTA_stu, Skeever and ceszayers like this

bodyparts
  • bodyparts

Ай лав США

• The Connection
  • Sweden

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:03 PM

f*cking seriously, guys. pay your respects and leave. 50 people died and all you care about is using it to enforce your own stinky opinion.
  • mr quick likes this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:06 PM Edited by acmilano, 12 June 2016 - 08:06 PM.

A man was arrested in Los Angeles with weapons before he went on Gay Pride in that city. Seems that another tragedy was stopped.

Early Sunday, Santa Monica police received a call about a suspected prowler near Olympic Boulevard and 11th Street. Patrol officers responded and encountered an individual who told officers he was waiting for a friend, according to a law enforcement source familiar with details of the arrest. That led officers to inspect the car and find several weapons – including three rifles, one of them an “assault rifle” -- and a lot of ammunition as well as tannerite, an ingredient that could be used to create a pipe bomb, said the source. The car had Indiana plates.

http://www.latimes.c...snap-story.html

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

You can do anything once.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:06 PM Edited by Sir Michael, 12 June 2016 - 08:09 PM.

hey guys lets repeal the 2nd amendment and ban all Muslims from entering the United States.

have I solved the problem yet?

Not yet. Gotta build a huge wall across the entire country. NOBODY COMES OR LEAVES.

Gun trafficking still gonna be strong as f*ck tho.

Edit: Still, it's pretty tragic what happened. That's an insane body count for one person.

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:12 PM

"the shooter's parents were from Afghanistan? hmmmm.... he must be a muslim terrorist"

-this sh*tty fu*king thread

• mr quick, Finn 7 five 11, ten-a-penny and 2 others like this

Member's Only
  • Member's Only

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • Achievement unlocked: used the porkcharsui cheat

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:19 PM Edited by GradeA-Hole, 12 June 2016 - 08:21 PM.

"the shooter's parents were from Afghanistan? hmmmm.... he must be a muslim terrorist"

He literally pledged alliance to ISIS before entering the Pulse.

Of course he is a f*cking terrorist. 

Doesn't have anything to do with PC.

• *MURDOC*, Carbonox, Gay Tony and 2 others like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

weight of the wind

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:19 PM

911: what kind of emergency is going on fam?
Shooter: just pledge my allegiance to isis
911: say no more
  • Payne Killer and DarkSavageDeathlyCloud like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:23 PM Edited by Niobium, 12 June 2016 - 08:25 PM.

fine, but people are making assumptions that he is a terrorist because his parents are from the middle east.

911: what kind of emergency is going on fam?
Shooter: just pledge my allegiance to isis
911: say no more

you must think you are very clever.

• *MURDOC*, mr quick, ClaudeSpeed1911 and 2 others like this

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

DILF in waiting

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:28 PM

fine, but people are making assumptions that he is a terrorist because his parents are from the middle east.

Yh people just unfairly assume he's a Muslim terrorist because his parents are from Afghanistan. Nothing to do with him pledging allegiance to ISIS and massacring 50 people at a gay nightclub or anything. 

• ten-a-penny, Gay Tony, Skeever and 6 others like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

weight of the wind

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:32 PM

He's just an American born homophobe who loves guns :^). Not an evil Islamic terrorist who thinks his acts put him in the right with his God.
  • GTA_stu, Gay Tony, Skeever and 1 other like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:38 PM Edited by Niobium, 12 June 2016 - 08:38 PM.

people are making assumptions that he is a terrorist because his parents are from the middle east.

Yh people just unfairly assume he's a Muslim terrorist because his parents are from Afghanistan. 

then the fu*k is this 

The U.S. needs to increase it's tolerance and increase it's immigration from Islamic countries. Only that will stop more of this. 

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:38 PM Edited by *MURDOC*, 12 June 2016 - 08:39 PM.

He's just an American born homophobe who loves guns :^). Not an evil Islamic terrorist who thinks his acts put him in the right with his God.

And you're just another clueless idiot.

But that's nothing new.

• Melchior, Finn 7 five 11, ClaudeSpeed1911 and 2 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users