Shooting At Orlando Nightclub

258 replies to this topic
arsenal_fan
  • arsenal_fan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:23 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/36510272

Such a horrific event, the FBI apparently are investigating it as a terrorist attack so it will be interesting to see what develops. 

Anyway R.I.P to the victims 

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:26 PM

Important to note "Domestic Terrorism" i.e, white guy hate group. Since this was a gay bar, it makes sense.

Good f*cking morning, Florida.
  • ten-a-penny, Android, Niobium and 3 others like this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:33 PM Edited by trip, 12 June 2016 - 12:34 PM.

Ahhh...I slept in and just woke up to this.

As always they(news media) want this to be an Islamic terrorism attack. Even the CNN people are having a hard time at reaching for it being a terror attack. One person...apperiently he didn't just blindly mow down people and there was even a hostage situation after he stopped killing.

I'm hoping it's just a nut. Maybe even a nut that has been getting all stirred up over all the trans gender bathroom debates since it turns out this was a gay club.

Crazy stuff regardless. Tragic.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:36 PM

It would be funny if he was a christian white male who hated homosexuals because his holy book told him so. But then it wouldn't be terrorism, because it's the right god. 

RIP to those who perished in this event. Always despicable for one asshole to ruin everyone's lives.

• Niobium, Crossed and DarkSavageDeathlyCloud like this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

P L E B T A S T I C K

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Best New Member in Gen Chat 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:57 PM

Wow.

I just hope the media does the right thing for once and focuses on the victims and finding real answers instead of using the deaths of these innocent people to fuel fire and get people's backs up.

The victims and their families deserve better than that. 

• ten-a-penny and Uncle Vlad like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:16 PM

I saw this on the news a few hours ago. My condolences. It's no doubt a hard time for the families of the victims.

RIP to those who unfortunately perished.
  • Uncle Vlad likes this

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:48 PM

I think Mr.Marley said it best...

• RisingJake, Caysle and Original Light like this

Skeever
  • Skeever

Gone... for now

• Members
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:57 PM

People are boarding the "hate whitey" train already, huh? While it's not my intention to start a political debate...

An FBI spokesman said they were investigating whether the attacker was a "lone wolf". He said the attacker appeared to "have leanings towards" radical Islamist ideology but it was not yet clear whether this was a case of domestic or international terrorism.

Religion aside, my condolences go out to the victims of this attack.

• Uncle Vlad likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• Administrator
  • European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:11 PM

It's incredibly bizarre reading the various comment sections on news articles on the shooting where it's almost as if we now actually have a not insignificant number of people that are actually hoping this is linked to islamic extremism seemingly just so they can in some warped fashion somehow justify their own blind blanket hatred towards the muslim community. 

Absolutely tragic all around. 

• ten-a-penny, Niobium and Uncle Vlad like this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:24 PM Edited by trip, 12 June 2016 - 02:25 PM.

Press conference on now.
50 dead, 53 injured.

Wow...

Abel.
  • Abel.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:33 PM Edited by Failure, 12 June 2016 - 02:38 PM.

It's incredibly bizarre reading the various comment sections on news articles on the shooting where it's almost as if we now actually have a not insignificant number of people that are actually hoping this is linked to islamic extremism seemingly just so they can in some warped fashion somehow justify their own blind blanket hatred towards the muslim community. 

Actually, if this thread is anything to go by, people are desperately hoping the attack was perpetrated by a Christian, no matter how unlikely this would be. Horrific attack regardless.

http://www.timesofis...afghan-descent/

Omar Mateen, 30, of Port St-Lucie, dies in firefight with police; FBI says he may have had links to Islamic terror

Of course we have had homophobic attacks from Christians and Jews before, it's just that in today's climate an Islamic terror attack is more likely. Acknowledging this doesn't make one a bigot, just someone willing to accept reality. The first reaction to something like this should be anger at the perpetrator (regardless of background) and solidarity with the victims.

• arsenal_fan, lol232, lolleroz and 9 others like this

kk9fan97
  • kk9fan97

#BCforever

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:39 PM Edited by kk9fan97, 12 June 2016 - 02:40 PM.

Wow.

I just hope the media does the right thing for once and focuses on the victims and finding real answers instead of using the deaths of these innocent people to fuel fire and get people's backs up.

unfortunately that probably won't happen. Every single time this type of thing happens the media tends to concentrate on the person or persons that comitted the crime and hardly talk about the victims.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:40 PM

I mean, it's not like Islamists are homophobes or anything...

Anyway, sick c*nt, whatever the motive is.
  • Ruin, ΣΓ, Crossed and 2 others like this

Abel.
  • Abel.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:43 PM Edited by Failure, 12 June 2016 - 02:44 PM.

I mean, it's not like Islamists are homophobes or anything...

Openly expressing homophobic views is always going to cause offence. The issue here is people acting on those impulses and committing violent attacks. Ian Paisley was vehmently homophobic, as is the Westboro Baptist Church. However, neither the former figure nor the latter group actually sought to murder people for being homosexuals.

Homophobia isn't relegated to the Muslim community (you could argue that certain evangelical groups talk about it a lot more). The problem is that fringe elements in the Muslim community are much more likely to be driven to murder.

• Davo the Assassin, Crossed and Uncle Vlad like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:48 PM

Homophobia isn't relegated to the Muslim community

I wasn't in any way suggesting it is.
  • ΣΓ likes this

Uncle Vlad
  • Uncle Vlad

annoying dick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:50 PM Edited by Uncle Vlad, 12 June 2016 - 02:53 PM.

It would be funny if he was a christian white male who hated homosexuals because his holy book told him so. But then it wouldn't be terrorism, because it's the right god.

Firstly, the word "funny" in conjunction with such tragic events seems very inappropriate. Secondly, that´s nonsense. Terrorism isn´t reserved for islamists. Right wing terrorism, left wing terrorism, all kinds of separatists...there were groups like the IRA, the RAF, the Action Directe or the ETA long before islamic terrorism became such a big issue like it is today. So only ignorant idiots would claim that it isn´t terrorism when a christian white male is commiting such a terrible crime.

Apart from that, it´s very cynic to hope that it was an islamist, a christian extremist or somebody else so these events fit into one´s own world view. People who didn´t harm anyone were murdered, that´s what is important.

• Tchuck, Davo the Assassin, Carbonox and 6 others like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• Administrator
  • European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:50 PM

Actually, if this thread is anything to go by, people are desperately hoping the attack was perpetrated by a Christian, no matter how unlikely this would be. Horrific attack regardless.

Going to have to disagree with you on both fronts there. If you read the various comment sections back to when the story first broke, people immediately jumped to muslim extremism when there really was nothing to go on, some other nut would've been just as likely, seeing the rate and complete randomness of mass shootings in the US. Regardless of motive, this is again absolutely tragic and sadly marks a new low. 

• El Diablo, mr quick and Niobium like this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

P L E B T A S T I C K

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Best New Member in Gen Chat 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:52 PM Edited by ceszayers, 12 June 2016 - 02:52 PM.

Wow.

unfortunately that probably won't happen. Every single time this type of thing happens the media tends to concentrate on the person or persons that comitted the crime and hardly talk about the victims.

Yeah, having a shred of faith in the media is my own pointless hope. Everyone has an ulterior motive when speaking of things like this, it doesn't seem like anyone in power/involved with the media truly care.

This whole incident will just be used as a weapon. 

Abel.
  • Abel.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:52 PM Edited by Failure, 12 June 2016 - 03:30 PM.

Homophobia isn't relegated to the Muslim community

I wasn't in any way suggesting it is.

Sorry mate I didn't try to make out as if you did, just stating a fact (albeit redundantly). Islamists are homophobes as you say, but not all of them are going to be driven to actually murdering people. What we're seeing here is someone who isn't just homophobic, but who is willing to murder people in cold blood on the suspicion that they're gay. In hardline Islamic countries there need to be witnesses to someone committing homosexual acts or hard evidence of their "crime". I'm not defending any Islamist regimes here, I'm just trying to emphasise that what we're dealing with here is better characterised as a Muslim inspired by Salafi-Jihadism; in his mind his victims were criminals simply for being part of the secular West. "Islamism" is a very broad term.

Going to have to disagree with you on both fronts there. If you read the various comment sections back to when the story first broke, people immediately jumped to muslim extremism when there really was nothing to go on, some other nut would've been just as likely, seeing the rate and complete randomness of mass shootings in the US. Regardless of motive, this is again absolutely tragic and a new low. 

I was just on about this thread, in which the first few posts all try to immediately pin the blame on a Christian or otherwise undermine the heightened threat represented by Islamic terror.

Believe me, groups like National Action and Combat 18 are just as bad as the likes of Sharia4UK to me, but I'm not going to go out of my way to pretend that there isn't a risk posed by:

1.Organised Salafist cells;
2.Individuals inspired by the Salafi-Jihadism of groups like ISIS (a case of which is seen here).
  • John Smith and Skeever like this

J32T3R
  • J32T3R

Stone Free

• Members
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:57 PM

Like always they wait till something happens, he was on FBI terror watch list (as of recently they say).

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

proud "conspiracy theorist"

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:04 PM Edited by Stephan90, 12 June 2016 - 03:05 PM.

RIP

doesn't anyone wonder how one single shooter with an assault rifle could kill 50 and injure over 50 without being stopped and disarmed by the party goers in a crowded club?

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

RAD XTREME LEFTIST

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Not Very Punk 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:05 PM

doesn't anyone wonder how one single shooter with an assault rifle could kill 50 and injure over 50 without being stopped and disarmed by the party goers in a crowded club.

I don't know, maybe because he had a f*cking gun?

• Tchuck, Davo the Assassin, mr quick and 19 others like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:09 PM

Deadliest Mass Shooting in US history. That's really saying something. How horrible...

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

DILF in waiting

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:19 PM

The U.S. needs to increase it's tolerance and increase it's immigration from Islamic countries. Only that will stop more of this. 

• Roger Cheeto, Gay Tony and Skeever like this

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:23 PM

Well, let's see how the media will react when the suspects' race and religion is revealed...

Uncle Vlad
  • Uncle Vlad

annoying dick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:23 PM

doesn't anyone wonder how one single shooter with an assault rifle could kill 50 and injure over 50 without being stopped and disarmed by the party goers in a crowded club?

Sadly, I think the chances to overpower a terrorist or a person running amok in such a scenario are close to zero, especially when the perpetrator has a fully automatic weapon. A crowded room, so there´s very few space, people are in panic so the situation gets more and more confusing and, last but not least, he has the element of surprise on his side.

• Niobium likes this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

RAD XTREME LEFTIST

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Not Very Punk 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:24 PM

The U.S. needs to increase it's tolerance and increase it's immigration from Islamic countries. Only that will stop more of this. 

The shooter was a U.S. citizen.

• Davo the Assassin, mr quick, SLUMPUSSY and 8 others like this

Black_Jesus
  • Black_Jesus

Florida Cracker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:31 PM

Sigh, never would I of thought something like this would happen in my city.:(

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:32 PM Edited by The Yokel, 12 June 2016 - 03:33 PM.

It was a crazy person with a gun. It doesn't matter in the slightest where he got his ideas from. Let's not pretend like mass shootings aren't popular among crazies in the US.

• Davo the Assassin, Finn 7 five 11, Banks. and 4 others like this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

Omar Saddiqui Mateen.  Parents born in Afghanistan.  FBI probing ties to Islamic extremist groups.

http://thinkprogress...24/omar-mateen/

Open the flood gates, folks.

• HeavyDuke likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users