Quantcast

» «
Photo

Volition's Agents of Mayhem

59 replies to this topic

Prankster

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:09 PM Edited by 65536, 29 June 2016 - 10:30 AM.

Volition has officially announced Agents of Mayhem, a new Saints Row-like game: 

Saints Row Dev Announces Open-World Single-Player Game "Agents of Mayhem"

The rumors were right. Today, Saints Row developer Volition announced its next game, and as rumored, it's called Agents of Mayhem.

According to the announcement story on IGN, Agents of Mayhem is set in an open-world urban landscape (Seoul, Korea). The tone has a "touch of the whimsical." All of this matches up with the core tenets of the developer's over-the-top and silly Saints Row series.

3073829-20160606_aom_announce_01+%28copy

3073825-20160606_aom_announce_02+%28copy

3073826-20160606_aom_announce_03+%28copy

3073827-20160606_aom_announce_04+%28copy

3073828-20160606_aom_announce_05+%28copy

You play as a squad of three agents, who each have their own unique skills. All of the heroes aren't exactly "good," according to the report. There will be an assortment of guns, gadgets, and abilities, while it's also been confirmed that Agents of Mayhem is a single-player-only title.

For more on Agents of Mayhem, check out the cinematic announcement trailer here on YouTube.

In May, the parent company of Volition's owner Deep Silver filed a trademark application for "Agents of Mayhem." That name also showed up on resumes and demo reels.

Agents of Mayhem comes out in 2017 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Check back later for more on Agents of Mayhem.

Deep Silver acquired Volition and the Saints Row franchise out of THQ's bankruptcy auction for $22.3 million. Ubisoft was the backup bidder, offering $5.4 million.

This article in made by GameSpot.com. Link to original game's GameSpot.com's article: http://www.gamespot....-/1100-6440490/.

Official Trailer:

"Agents of Mayhem" 's official website: http://www.aomthegame.com

Seems it's unknown for now if Volition are going to continue Saints Row series by releasing any Saints Row game, like 5. I suggest all discussions about that new Volition's "Agents of Mayhem" game to be here in this thread. This game seems will be featuring Powers like Saints Row IV had. From screenshots also seems the map of Agents of Mayhem maybe somewhat hybrid between Saints Row 2's Steelwater map and Saints Row IV's Virtual Steelport map combined into one. :p ;)

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:29 PM

Seeing what Saints Row has become since The Third, I'm glad that Volition decided to make their crazy gameplay/crazy story in a new IP rather than with Saints Row. Though it's set in the same universe as SR with Ultor and what it seems a rebooted Saints gang/corporation, it does look interesting, and I'm totally open to a game like that as long as it does not have the Saints Row title above it. Now we just have to wait for an official gameplay trailer.

• Tali vas Normandy and Ivan1997GTA like this

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:32 PM

As of right now, the trailer and the pics screams "generic" all the way.
I'm not ready to write it off from my "to buy" list yet, but i'm not really interested right now...

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:50 AM

Good, Now give us back SR that came before SR3/4.

• 65536 likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:13 AM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 09 June 2016 - 10:13 AM.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looks like every other Volition game I've played. Really not going to put much thought into this one until it's out and down in price. 

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:17 AM

So this is that reboot they were talking about. They had rebooted the series, but in the exact opposite way people were hoping/expecting it to be. Instead of going back to the silly-serious (as opposed to just completely silly), they dropped the name so they can focus entirely on doing over-the-top action without the name "Saints Row" attached to it. This is coming from someone who actually enjoyed SRTT and SRIV. Agents of Mayhem looks like a complete Crackdown clone.

• Shadowfennekin and Ivan1997GTA like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:23 PM

Volition is the definition of sadness and failure, mixed together with dumbness.

Prankster

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:29 PM

I'm worried there might be no any Homies in this game - thing very annoying for me in the last SR game Gat Out of Hell. Also seems there won't be customization or any clothes shops too in this game.  :/

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

A Traveler of Both Time and Space.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:02 PM

I'm surprised they've already announced a sequel for Overwatch - I mean, Battleborn - I mean... what game is this again?

In all seriousness though, judging by the language they've used, this isn't a replacement or reboot of the series, it's a spin-off. Volition likes to tie in all of their games into a single universe, no matter how different they are from one another. Remember, the Saint's Row games serve as a sort of weird prequel to Red Faction as you see the rise to power of the Ultor corporation, the villains of Red Faction. I'm sure the Saints corporation will be treated similarly in this one and Later on they'll release a proper sequel/reboot to the Saint's Row series.

• Ya Boy Punk Fan and Ivan1997GTA like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:32 PM

Boo, just have the super power stuff in Agents and have Saints be back to the way they were in 1-3 gangbangers.

These characters don't even remotely look cool yet all except for the celebrity star. His stunt double died a pointless death, that made me laugh. And his character seems interesting. The big black guy just seems like a forced "bad ass"

• 65536 likes this

iSaint9
  • iSaint9

SASAGEYO! SASAGEYO!

• Van Society
  • Spain

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:08 PM

Volition is the definition of sadness and failure, mixed together with dumbness.

No, no, no. Volition also made the first two. Deep Silver is the real cancer of the new Saints Row games.

Nico
  • Nico

We were all equal in the end.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:13 PM

So, Saints Row series is gone? Or this is just a spin-off?

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:42 AM

I'm surprised they're still using Ultor, I believe they aren't able to make Red Faction games after THQ fell and sold off all their properties, which resulted in Red Faction being in the hands of Nordic Games.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:50 PM Edited by thatstupidbug, 16 June 2016 - 10:54 PM.

if it hasn't been posted already, a 5-minutes gameplay video from gamespot

well... ehm... what to say? Some of the youtube comments that totally reflect my POV on this game

It doesn't look bad it looks mediocre, it looks average, it looks meh.

Did this look boring to anyone else?

I know it's not Saints Row and it's not supposed to be Saints Row but still, this looks pretty average.

Why are people so negative? It doesn't look that bad... Repetitive? Sure. And I personally hate the whole "Hero-changing" thing. I get attached to a single character. But it still looks ok, not great, but playable.

PS: From 0:30 - the objective is to survive AISHA's trap... where i've heard this name before? uhm...  :lol:

a journalist from IGN italy tried a 40 minutes closed door demo. The game left him cold. here's some infos about the game

- the game is single player

- the game is set in a VIRTUAL seoul (according to the journalist)

- the general tone is a saturday morning cartoon and comics (we already knew that)

- there's some verticality in the map and random encounters

- the map is procedural generated and different every time EDIT: according to another preview, just the LEGION (the enemies)'s lairs are all procedurally generated, so they're different each time you visit them

- the player can choose 3 team member (that he can switch on the fly) from a pool of 12 characters, but if you want to change your 3 members with some other character you can do it only in specific points in the map

- even if the demo was on pc (with a ps4 dualshock) the graphic wasn't exciting, and the effects and scenery were average

- it's a "simple" game, but isn't as fast-paced as the journalist expected in term of gameplay (he said the game feels "heavy", but i don't understand if it thinks the game is just "slow" or also sloppy)

- there are special moves and "mahyem" moves that can be recharged during gameplay to unleash some devastation. This special moves can be in some way chained together (you do the special with character A, then switch to character B and perform HIS special)

- it's a simple game both in ideas and execution. if you expect a AAA game you'll be really disappointed, otherwise it can be fun as a little, simple game

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:06 AM

Single player, beat-em-up, tag team.

This is Warriors Orochi, with guns.

Nice try snatching a niche game idea, Volition. No way.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:07 AM

They should've just made another Saints Row. I'll pass on this.

• thatstupidbug and Ya Boy Punk Fan like this

Prankster

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:37 PM Edited by 65536, 31 August 2016 - 10:38 AM.

IGN.com has posted an article with questions and answers by Volition about the game at June 28:

ASK THE DEVELOPERS ANYTHING ABOUT AGENTS OF MAYHEM – IGN FIRST

Share. You shall ask, and Volition shall answer.

BY RYAN MCCAFFREY After revealing Agents of Mayhem, the new character-driven, over-the-top open-world action game from the makers of Saints Row, our month of IGN First coverage is winding down. Now that you know more about the game and have seen footage of it in action (see below), we wanted to give you a chance to ask the developers anything about the game. You did, and Volition has answered! See below for new information straight from the horse's mouth.

SuperCerberus asks: Will there be in-game radio stations and licensed music or will there be a completely original score? How will the soundtrack set the tone?
Agents of Mayhem has a completely original score by Malcom Kirby Jr (Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV,) and Cris Velasco (Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2, and most recently Overwatch) Malcom is working on the in-game score, while Cris is developing the musical themes for factions and characters.

dead00dude asks: Seeing as this game is open world can we expect any vehicles for traversal?
Absolutely! There will be a selection of souped-up Agency vehicles to choose from, or you can simply snag any of the npc vehicles in the open world if you prefer. The city of Seoul is your playground to drive around however you want… on the streets, sidewalks, in the fountains, or wherever else you want to explore.

gambitdeadpool asks: All I wanna know is, what the world wants to know is... can we run round blurred butt nekkid?
We wouldn’t dream of dictating what our players do in the privacy of their own home. As far as in-game though, for visual customization we’ve created a variety of skins of each character (but no birthday suits at this time).

Shadow_Enz asks: Are any voice actors from previous Volition games working on Agents of Mayhem?
We have an incredibly talented new voice cast like TC Carson as Hardtack (Kratos from God of War) and Jasika Nicole as Persephone (Fringe) but there will also be some returning talent that our long-time fans will definitely recognize.

Quailen asks: Are we going to see an offline/online co-op mode feature added to the single player experience for AoM or co-op specific content added to the game post launch as DLC?
Agents of Mayhem is built exclusively as a single player experience. We've created the game this way in order to give players the feel of controlling an entire agency of super agents themselves.

SachinBahal asks: What other names did you guys consider for the game before choosing Agents of Mayhem? And can you give us any details about how the Saints are connected to the new game?
It was always called Agents of Mayhem, even at the initial pitch meeting. One of the phrases we’ve had around the studio to describe our fans is “Our players are agents of mayhem, with lots of toys.” It’s a name and phrase that we’ve always loved, and it just clicked as a title for a new IP. This turned into one of those situations where the internal codename for the game ended up turning into the final name of the game.

Reezy115 asks: What other previous IPs gave inspiration for Agents Of Mayhem? I know Saints Row was a major inspiration.
Some of our major inspirations came from outside of gaming like GI Joe, Saturday Morning Cartoons, and comics/movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers. We wanted to create a game that was true to these experiences from other entertainment mediums.

Chibi-Acer asks: Hi Volition! Love your games, any chance we'll ever see another game in the Freespace series?
Never say never, but unfortunately the rights for Freespace are currently with Interplay.

The article contains also a few videos but I cannot get their URLs so I'm not able to include them here so this is why they're missing in my post. You can watch the videos in original IGN's article here: http://www.ign.com/a...hem-a-ign-first.

Seems this game will feature many vehicles agents can store / steal and drive them around Seoul like all main Saints Row games. Seems also the game will be grounded like the Saints Row games before IV and Gat Out of Hell and might include radio stations too...  :O :p

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:07 PM Edited by fashion, 06 July 2016 - 07:22 PM.

So they reason dumbing down features by saying 'u r agent of mayhuhm, here are less cars, no customization stupid music and no co-op cuz u tha hero' man this just keeps getting worse. I'm done here, I don't want to see how they abuse the saints logo in this bullsh*t.

I have a strong feeling this will be a terrible game.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:11 PM

IGN.com has posted an article with questions and answers by Volition about the game at June 28:

Some of our major inspirations came from outside of gaming like GI Joe, Saturday Morning Cartoons, and comics/movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and the Avengers. We wanted to create a game that was true to these experiences from other entertainment mediums.

"How to Kill Your Game and Make it into a Joke 101"

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:43 AM

Long story short. We will never get the sequel to Saints Row 2.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:13 AM Edited by Lazor Guns, 07 July 2016 - 07:15 AM.

Wow, this game doesn't even have licensed music. Guess Deep Silver didn't give them a big enough budget for this piece of sh*t game.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:38 AM

Wow, this game doesn't even have licensed music. Guess Deep Silver didn't give them a big enough budget for this piece of sh*t game.

Probably the investors realized this game is going to be a piece of sh*t. So why bother putting more money in? lol

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Ya Boy Punk Fan
  • Ya Boy Punk Fan

Rest easy, Chester.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:26 AM

I just want a new Saints Row game, man.  :cry:

• 65536 likes this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

So nobody care about this one? Its out,and general responce seems 'meh' or ignoring. 

Let see if what this means to Volition. Swan song or they get into something else.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 4 weeks ago.

Reviews are rather mixed and I was barely interested in it when they announced it. After watching some reviews and gameplay, I decided to wait for a very significant sale, if at all.

Gotta say, it does look cool and wacky but there are only few games that deserve the full price purchase to me at least. AoM isn't one of them.

I got over the fact the old Saints Row is gone but this doesn't look half as bad as I expected.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Supposed Contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by We Are Ninja, 4 weeks ago.

^ There's a decent amount of Saints Row in the game:

Spoiler

Pre-ordered it at GameStop a couple of weeks ago because Saints Row. I didn't pick it up on Tuesday and almost let the pre-order go. But I caved and picked it up on Friday. The clerk told me that he had sold exactly two copies. Then he tried to get me to buy a warranty and pre-order some other stuff. -.-

The game is decidedly meh. I'm 3 or 4 hours in, and I'd give it a 6.5 or so. The gunplay is good, and the city is surprisingly vertical. Pierce and Johnny Gat are the only legitimately cool characters so far. Oh, and Daisy. Overall, there are a lot of missed opportunities here.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

This game is a joke. Just like Volition.

:lol:

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

So nobody care about this one? Its out,and general responce seems 'meh' or ignoring.

I do. I like it. I enjoy it.

As you can see my early responds about this game in this thread, I'm glad to find that this game actually exceeded my expectation and proved me wrong almost in every way. Because the game, you know, actually let me play it as it was advertised to be a chaotic, high-paced run-n-gun, with simple yet deep character building mechanic which leads to a synergistic team build. I also happened to accept that this game isn't Saints Row.

The only thing I don't like from this game is the developer and the publisher.
  • acmilano likes this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I didn't get it.

I'm waiting for a sale. Like a very big sale. And only if Gat's DLC is cheap so I can get him too. I don't care about the female characters I've seen so far, except for Fortune. Viola/Kiki, Shaundi, or Asha would have been better choices. I'm mostly just going to use Pierce, Oleg, and Gat as much as I can.

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Led-By.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think this game does have potential....

The reviews are okay (from what I have watched), the character building seems fun and the chaos is enjoyable (playthroughs look fun, but pretty grindy at lower levels). Those that reach higher levels report it becomes lot more enjoyable and the level of freedom and replayability becomes refreshing....

I will watch for DLC's, bug fixing and sales and pick it up at some point. Having Saint's Row levels of fun and mayhem appeals to me and this gets that right....
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users