fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

What this tool does I convert map placement files like .ipl and .ide from a lot of types from different games to any other?

Yes.
  • ArthurLopes likes this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:06 PM

What this tool does I convert map placement files like .ipl and .ide from a lot of types from different games to any other?

Yes.

Wow, that is really imrpessing, but the problem that there isn't a read-me or a tutorial, because for who dont have programming knowledge (like me) doint know how to use it, but it is a really interresting tool and really useful, i hope you do something like a gui or atleast a tutorial on how to use that tool.

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm developing a tool myself now so that I can customize it as I need it. Will publish it under SAxVCxLC/toolsForInstallation when it's finished. Thanks anyway.

I could share the code for IDE and IPL.
The only problem is that it lacks the documentation.
That's why it's best if you can contact me on Skype, so you can ask me quickly about the code in case you don't know something.

I have read the source code in the subfolders and files of "fastman92 limit adjuster 4.2\source code\fastman92 include\IDE_IPL\" and like what I see there. I'm considering to restart working on a tool using your code basis. However, if your processor tool is based on this source code or something similar, then it would make sense to continue working on your tool instead. Hope that Skype contact is not a prerequisite.

The tool I started developing has some nice features (besides most tags of IPLs, also Radar and Water.dat movement). Unfortunately it is a bit messy (due to learning process about RW formats) and one major thing that is missing is support for Paths. I have read about the different path systems LC, VC, SA, including your own format and consider implementing them. Do you have developed a tool for working with paths already?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users