Posted 2 days ago

How does that negatively affect you?
  • The Irish Hunter likes this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Big Molio, 2 days ago.

How does that negatively affect you?

The question is disingenuous because conversely, some high ranking players who rarely get griefed, and thus who aren't personally negatively affected by them, may still support the principle of private lobbies for the public lobby play modes.

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

President of the LS Coquette Owners Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

This is honestly like pulling teeth.

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Big Molio, 2 days ago.

This is honestly like pulling teeth.

Agreed. The idea of having to be personally affected by something in order to be able to opine on the principle and potential outcome of it is a new one on me.

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

You still haven't answered my question.

Which is a shame because I wanted to list my pros and cons of this subject, but I guess I won't.

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago

You still haven't answered my question.
Which is a shame because I wanted to list my pros and cons of this subject, but I guess I won't.

Ham, it’s a leading question. You want me to say “I won’t be negatively affected by it” which will then, in your mind, justify concluding that any opinion I have on the principle of it as being null and void.

The truth is, I don’t know how it would affect the game, but I don’t particularly see the principle of players esconcing themselves indefinitely in private lobbies doing the public lobby work as conducive to being any better than what we have now.

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

You don't see how it would be better? Well for starters it would be better for the players that want it. They can see that. I can see it would be better. Most people in this thread can see it. You cant. That's no reason to be strongly opposed to it.
  • Semaj 2JZ♢, The Irish Hunter and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago

You cant. That's no reason to be strongly opposed to it.

It usually is.

The Irish Hunter
  • The Irish Hunter

I did something bad and now I have to accept the revolution.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago Edited by The Irish Hunter, 2 days ago.

You cant. That's no reason to be strongly opposed to it.

It usually is.

No, it really isn't. Let's use a very exaggerated example.

Let's say you can't understand gay people. You don't understand why they feel the way they do. That's not a reason to be against them. that just makes you a bigot, and wrong.

Same thing here, on a much, much smaller scale.

Stop derailing this thread. Do you go onto other petitions to tell people why they're wrong too? Would you go up to the school girl at a charity event and sh*t all over her rainforest protection petition aswell? 

• Xiled and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago

Let's say you can't understand gay people. You don't understand why they feel the way they do. That's not a reason to be against them. that just makes you a bigot, and wrong.

Stop derailing this thread. Do you go onto other petitions to tell people why they're wrong too? Would you go up to the school girl at a charity event and sh*t all over her rainforest protection petition too?

No, let’s not use an irrelevant straw man fallacy to try and discredit my opinion. Poor show.

I’m not derailing it, I’m having a civil discussion with people, something some of you seem incapable of, especially you, who for some reason has a great big chip on their shoulder.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2017
    Best Poster in Gaming 2017
    Best Topic 2017 [Microtransactions]
    Most Helpful Member 2017
    Most Helpful GTA Member 2017
    Campaign Poster Winner 2017
    Best Certified Crew 2017 [The Daily Globe]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 days ago

I'm gonna chime in since the discussion is...drifting a little. Discussion on the merits of an idea like this are fine, but try to keep it on the constructive side of things - if you're gonna reply to disagree with someone, make sure you're moving the conversation forwards :santa:

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 days ago

Stop derailing this thread. Do you go onto other petitions to tell people why they're wrong too? Would you go up to the school girl at a charity event and sh*t all over her rainforest protection petition too?

No, let’s not use an irrelevant straw man fallacy to try and discredit my opinion. Poor show.

I’m not derailing it, I’m having a civil discussion with people, something some of you seem incapable of, especially you, who for some reason has a great big chip on their shoulder.

I do feel you negate the crew communities and how they could grow and thrive again.

You see us asking for these changes as 'we want isolation and to never interact'

So far off it's unreal. So yes, I beat the drum... It was suggested that pooling us is the best way to see interaction. And yet you not that 'they do it already' in regards to this sh*t... People interact less when they're alone, no?.

I've seen you complain over being kicked or reported for attacking those that wish to be left alone too, I'm thinking on your part, you'd enjoy the game more knowing those you do approach won't be kicking/reporting you, and actually may embrace your gamestyle. But those kicking you were interacting though, no?. These smaller crew/friend sessions exists everywhere, and you still get to fight players. You're completely unaffected by that, and clearly the game is too, record numbers again, lol.

Or, are those easy targets the real reason man?. C'mon, lol... You know, the one's that are yet to learn of lone methods, as these guys won't be there if changes came, but the fighters will, like it always has been, or is the appeal not there if you're not costing them time or money in the game?. 

I mean, way before all this public only businesses crap, invite/crew sessions thrived, and public lobbies too has always been a battle zone thriving for those wanting, lol.

Na, no argument you can make will make me think pooling us all, and with those consequences for fighting back too, lol Absurd to think interaction would die out with these requests. I'm under no doubt it'll improve too.

R* thought it would hamper card sales, turns out there's more to be had if they allow more freedom for us to interact our way more and more.

• TiberiusMcQueen, Semaj 2JZ♢, kenmy13999 and 3 others like this

Hiroler77`
  • Hiroler77`

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Hiroler77`, 2 days ago.

I do feel you negate the crew communities and how they could grow and thrive again.

You see us asking for these changes as 'we want isolation and to never interact'

So far off it's unreal. So yes, I beat the drum... It was suggested that pooling us is the best way to see interaction. And yet you not that 'they do it already' in regards to this sh*t... People interact less when they're alone, no?.

I've seen you complain over being kicked or reported for attacking those that wish to be left alone too, I'm thinking on your part, you'd enjoy the game more knowing those you do approach won't be kicking/reporting you, and actually may embrace your gamestyle. But those kicking you were interacting though, no?. These smaller crew/friend sessions exists everywhere, and you still get to fight players. You're completely unaffected by that, and clearly the game is too, record numbers again, lol.

Or, are those easy targets the real reason man?. C'mon, lol... You know, the one's that are yet to learn of lone methods, as these guys won't be there if changes came, but the fighters will, like it always has been, or is the appeal not there if you're not costing them time or money in the game?. 

I mean, way before all this public only businesses crap, invite/crew sessions thrived, and public lobbies too has always been a battle zone thriving for those wanting, lol.

Na, no argument you can make will make me think pooling us all, and with those consequences for fighting back too, lol Absurd to think interaction would die out with these requests. I'm under no doubt it'll improve too.

R* thought it would hamper card sales, turns out there's more to be had if they allow more freedom for us to interact our way more and more.

Well said sir/ma'am,  well said.. 

• KWF1981 likes this

Hiroler77`
  • Hiroler77`

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Ok so here is the scenario.

I use one of the tricks to get a solo public session.  Im doing good fighting off NPC enemies on my own then I realize that there are 4 other people in my session.  I continue with my CEO job then all of a sudden I notice someone near and they start shooting so now i have the cops and this other player after me.. i fend him off a couple times but do not succeed in my job.  I'm driving around in circles while he gets all these vehicles that seem indestructible.  He also has help with another player.. So i jump sessions out of frustration. 

The point we are trying to make is, Should i have to put up with this? 

i dont think so.. I should be allowed to play alone or with my friends with no restrictions to the content with in the game.  

Why would i even try to spend any more money on card sharks or anything else if I am not allowed to use all the content available to me in what ever session  want. 

• Xiled, KWF1981 and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

I have changed my mind of this subject...I'd be fine with allowing MC work in private sessions.. why not? If you're  not into PvP and don't want to partake, why would I want to force you to?

Carry on...

• KWF1981 and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A day ago

I mean, at the end of the day, it's just an option and more options in a sandbox game is always good.

Public lobbies will not going to get empty if R* suddenly let us sell in Invite lobbies, far from it, people will still join Public lobbies either to wreck sh*t up or to take a higher risk (and reward) with proper backup and Shark Cards still will sell themselves (they always do).

I mean, GTA is always praised as the ultimate "freedom" game yet we still have these silly restrictions in place.

As Hiroler77` elegantly said, why people would feel more inclined to pay for Shark Cards with said restrictions in place? Players should be encouraged to pay to have more fun, not to jump through the deliberately unfun parts just to be able to have fun.

More options, more freedom, more fun, more Shark Card sales, everyone wins.
  • Xiled likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users