Volatus Helicopter

46 replies to this topic
IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:45 AM

The Nimbus isn't much better; if it were a real jet there would be a lot of wingtip scrapes on the ground.

Could you please elaborate more on that?

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:49 AM

Tried it out... twice.

Despite its ugly af looks, I was actually quite impressed at it's speed. Got me from the Lake Vinewood Estates to my warehouse in East Los Santos very quickly. Unfortunately it can't land for sh*t. Barely managed to land at the warehouse because it constantly flips to its side and lamposts are enough to send the thing flying all over the place, then I flew back to Lake Vinewood Estates, landed it, left it, it flipped to its side. Had no other choice but to blow it up with Grenades and drive down with the second package, leaving some asshole time to get to my final crate and blow it up.

Gave it another go because thieves apparently can survive a Valkyrie getting nuked so I needed to get back to my warehouse fast. Got it near Palmer-Taylor Power Station (where my crates were). Flew to warehouse, had a bit of trouble landing, flew back to Davis Quartz for the second package, landed good enough, flew back to warehouse, landed, was exiting it but the rotors hit a lamppost and the whole f*cking helicopter went flying, it flipped to its side and blew up, killing me as a result and leaving me with not enough time to grab the third crate (the stupid game also despawned the helicopter on my yacht's convenient location when I went to get the third crate so that was really over because there would be no way I'd get back in under 2 minutes).

It is very fast, I give it that, but it's a piece of sh*t otherwise. Costed me $20k, 2 crates, and a death.

Apparently if you own the volatus you can call for a transport and you basically can teleport to your office or any of your warehouses

• Gridl0k likes this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:48 AM

The Nimbus isn't much better; if it were a real jet there would be a lot of wingtip scrapes on the ground.

big-cat-gif-pusheen-see-saw-Favim.com-26

• CrysisAverted, MagicalBasturd and jyssys like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:24 PM

big-cat-gif-pusheen-see-saw-Favim.com-26

Hahahahhahahaha

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:46 AM

I'll assume this is the official volatus appreiciation thread?

afe4ysv.jpg

A51dKrE.jpg

DHsSSrl.jpg

syivxrS.jpg

inside feels roomy

dXNyGPL.jpg

MxL4TjZ.jpg

Cz1Sdzt.jpg

• Los Santos citizen, JonesyBoy, Alvarez and 4 others like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

On the road to 601

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:24 PM

I read a post saying you owning a Volatus lets you call your assistant and teleport to your office, is that a thing?

I only just bought a discount SuperVolito Carbon so skipped the Volatus for now.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:20 PM

This thing looks like take straight from Deus Ex or some other cyberpunk universe.

Haven't bought it yet.

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

I read a post saying you owning a Volatus lets you call your assistant and teleport to your office, is that a thing?

I only just bought a discount SuperVolito Carbon so skipped the Volatus for now.

You read incorrectly.

You can ask your assistant to send a corporate helo to pick you up, and a Carribean woman with a thick accent will show up in a Volito for $5000 and fly you to whatever point you specify. If it's your warehouse or your office, you can trip skip it.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Military geek

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:16 PM

Never had problems with Supervolito, but the Volatus? Holy sh*t...
  • ash-274 likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

On the road to 601

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:39 PM

You read incorrectly.

You can ask your assistant to send a corporate helo to pick you up, and a Carribean woman with a thick accent will show up in a Volito for $5000 and fly you to whatever point you specify. If it's your warehouse or your office, you can trip skip it.

Well that kinda is teleportation, as far as legit play goes. But it's still $5K? Ha.

Sounds like a Merryweather pickup;

-Can you kill the pilot same as?

-Can you rappel in the right circumstances?

I'm getting miserly in my old gta age. Don't want to buy everything any more.

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:55 PM

I'll assume this is the official volatus appreiciation thread?

Spoiler

Thank you for the photos.  The side windows are dark as hell, but they aren't "Pure Black" opaque like I has heard.

A.I.R
  • A.I.R

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:52 PM

It is fast that the buzzard? I like the look and you can spawn in if you are a CEO. Sometime i get bored to use the buzzard and i want to mix the CEO/VIP work using it.

Any advise

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

On the road to 601

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:42 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 23 June 2016 - 01:42 PM.

^ Pretty much as fast, but bigger rotor disc and shonky landing gear (very narrow). It's quite nice otherwise. Still has spawn issues of course;

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

I had a white and gold one (peg of course) spawn yesterday, looked awesome. So they haven't entirely forgotten how to cycle colours, but f*ck you cargobob owners  :r*:

--V--
  • --V--

A Walking Invite Only Session

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:24 PM

So.... like... is it worth it?

I used the Volatus in SP and it handles alright. But is it worth blowing 2.something million on it?
The SuperVolto came with the yacht but I still can't call it from the CEO Vehicles or on the helipad.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:37 PM

So.... like... is it worth it?

I used the Volatus in SP and it handles alright. But is it worth blowing 2.something million on it?
The SuperVolto came with the yacht but I still can't call it from the CEO Vehicles or on the helipad.

What other helicopters do you have? It's a fast, non-passive, luxury helicopter that is too big and too unstable to use effectively in any kind of mission.

- If you want an armed, insta-spawn CEO helicopter, get the Buzzard.

- If you want a faster, unarmed, insta-spawn, non-passive luxury helicopter, get the SuperVolito.

- If you want a fast, non-passive, Pegasus-only luxury helicopter then get the Swift Deluxe.

Volatus really doesn't have a lot going for it. If you have more money than you know what to do with, then sure, go ahead. If you'll notice the dent in your finances then it's a waste of money that you'll regret. Non-essential toy for the super-rich only. Plus it's terrible to fly in first person.

• --V-- likes this

--V--
  • --V--

A Walking Invite Only Session

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:51 PM

Got the Buzzard (for CEO purposes), got the SuperVolto with the yacht but can't call it from Pegasus.

Might get the Swift, though. Cause it's cheaper. Deluxe's still a bit pricey for my taste.
Or might buy the SuperVolto just so I can spawn it from the CEO Vehicles menu.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:56 PM

Classic/Flying Bravo Swift doesn't have the champagne etc in the back and isn't quite as manoeuverable, but you can use passive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users