Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which GTA was the most disappointing?

200 replies to this topic

Poll: Which GTA was the most disappointing? (246 member(s) have cast votes)

Which GTA was the most disappointing?

1. GTA III (5 votes [2.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.03%

2. GTA Vice City (7 votes [2.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.85%

3. GTA San Andreas (9 votes [3.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.66%

4. GTA IV (45 votes [18.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.29%

5. GTA V (180 votes [73.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote
mzt
  • mzt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:49 PM Edited by mzt, 02 August 2017 - 04:50 PM.

I was really excited for hanggliding in V, and casually boating or fishing on the river. I was excited to see the lighthouse too. But these things never happened, and the lighthouse was underwhelming. V surprised me by making a real feeling pedestrian experience for the first 30 hours, and the trains were cool but unfortunately uncaptainable. But the things i wanted out of it: a really cool outdoors simulator with a city to go to for story missions didn't coem out the way i wanted it to. Not that i didn't enjoy the northern 70% of the map. Some of it exceeded my expectations too. Sandy Shores was great.

zombieslayer777
  • zombieslayer777

my rhino tank's name is gertrude

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:09 AM Edited by zombieslayer777, 04 August 2017 - 12:15 AM.

i voted gta v because everything sucks the music, the gameplay , free roam. the hype train ruined it and every one that was aboard the hype train saw the disspointment of the rushed game when it was finished. if gta san andreas could have three cities , and all the stuff it had then they couldve made five better than it is  i mean the cheats are kind of fun but not as much as fun as san andrea's cheats the cheats for gta sa are so fun that it makes it my favorite gta like if i want a tank in san andreas i just type in the cheat to get it and in v i have to go the base to get a tank and if i am able to get one it dosent last long i enjoy gta online so much more than single player i started up a solo session on gta online and got my tank and went on a rampage . i even like to play gta 4 more than gta v . 

• Algonquin Assassin and Testeuros like this

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:40 AM Edited by piko, 04 August 2017 - 12:52 AM.

Are those all the GTA-games you know?

Anyway, my pick is unsurprisingly V, and all the reasons have probably been said here a dozen times or more so there's no need to recap it all.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

stanier23
  • stanier23

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:53 AM

GTA Advance, when you'll see it, you'll know what I mean

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

Definitely gta 5. Soulness city, boring map, characters and story, pointless side activites. It is not the game I was waiting for......

• Algonquin Assassin, Tycek, Watain and 1 other like this

Watain
  • Watain

Ridin' motorcycles and makin' mayhem in GTA since 1998.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:58 AM

Definitely gta 5. Soulness city, boring map, characters and story, pointless side activites. It is not the game I was waiting for......

You perfectly summed up my own opinion.

I played every "major" GTA installment at least 15-20 times within the first two or three years of release. GTA V has been out for four years and I've played its story mode twice. I'll let that speak for itself.

• Algonquin Assassin and Ertan Soner like this

R3D-RAB1T
  • R3D-RAB1T

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:37 PM

For me the worst is V and LAD, something about lost and damned was terrible, i cant put my finger on it, V was trying to hard with the heists and trevor, i think it just had a too much of a big emphasis on bank robbing and nothing else

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:32 PM Edited by B Dawg, 10 August 2017 - 07:39 PM.

For me the worst is V and LAD, something about lost and damned was terrible

You must be thinking of BOGT/ballad of gay tony. The Lost And Damned is a great game and more than worthy DLC for GTA IV.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:42 AM

GTA IV in the grand scheme of things. Not so much from the first time playing it.

iLLYHiGHROLLER
  • iLLYHiGHROLLER

I'm allergic to dirt weed and wack rappers.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:51 AM

Cinco.

I've only played through story mode twice.. once to get all achievements on 360 and a 2nd time to platinum on PS4.

All other GTAs had waaay more replay value than this one does.

O.Z
  • O.Z

Trevor Philips

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

For me the worst is V and LAD, something about lost and damned was terrible

You must be thinking of BOGT/ballad of gay tony. The Lost And Damned is a great game and more than worthy DLC for GTA IV.

Nah. TBOGT beats TLAD in every aspect, except from the pink color scheme 

Jmac
  • Jmac

Old School

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:26 PM

Definitely GTA III for me.  The PC version was riddled with problems and legitimate owners of the game were basically forced to download and install the cracked version to get it to work properly.  GTA Vice City came out shortly afterwards and was a better game in every sense.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:45 AM Edited by CGFforLife, 3 weeks ago.

@CGFforLife

Your opinion is not even valid, I saw some of your posts and it look almost like Osho.. but wait ?! Is that you ?

Spoiler

You should stop embarassing yourself with these hating posts about GTA 4.

Random kid on internet tell me to stop bashing a plastic disk that he's emotionally attached at? that something you don't see everyday

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:52 AM

@CGFforLife
Your opinion is not even valid, I saw some of your posts and it look almost like Osho.. but wait ?! Is that you ?

Spoiler

I'm not Osho but I may behave like him. And beside he's a SA fanboy while i was GTA V fans. And also why did I'm not allowed to hate IV while other can hate V everyday it's not fair
To be honest I don't think you hate GTA IV anywhere as much as you'd like to admit to. To me it just seems like you're trying to mimic ChiroVette now to the point you have a similar signature lol. Even Chiro's admitted to me in private he intentionally turns the wick up (as in the "Snore" jabs).

Maybe you don't like GTA IV and that's fine, but I just get the sense you're only "hating" it to make those that criticise GTA V look like the bad guys with a "right back at you" complex. Osho used to do the same thing.

He always used to balance out his criticisms of GTA IV with positive reinforcement then all of a sudden he lost that edge and started launching a full on assault.

As I confessed last night I'm tired of bashing GTA V myself and whilst my disappointments are still there I just don't see the point of dragging it through the coals.

Then again I've never really hated GTA V. Always thought it was a good game with a lot of unused potential, but I've said so many things about it I regret now.
  • theGTAking101 and CGFforLife like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:38 AM

@CGFforLife

Spoiler

I'm not Osho but I may behave like him. And beside he's a SA fanboy while i was GTA V fans. And also why did I'm not allowed to hate IV while other can hate V everyday it's not fair
To be honest I don't think you hate GTA IV anywhere as much as you'd like to admit to. To me it just seems like you're trying to mimic ChiroVette now to the point you have a similar signature lol. Even Chiro's admitted to me in private he intentionally turns the wick up (as in the "Snore" jabs).

Maybe you don't like GTA IV and that's fine, but I just get the sense you're only "hating" it to make those that criticise GTA V look like the bad guys with a "right back at you" complex. Osho used to do the same thing.

He always used to balance out his criticisms of GTA IV with positive reinforcement then all of a sudden he lost that edge and started launching a full on assault.

As I confessed last night I'm tired of bashing GTA V myself and whilst my disappointments are still there I just don't see the point of dragging it through the coals.

Then again I've never really hated GTA V. Always thought it was a good game with a lot of unused potential, but I've said so many things about it I regret now.
Yes, AA was right.

If I had to admit, I actually liked IV, but most of IV fanboys (not you) just simply keep bashing V and spamming nearly every thread with hate toward V is what make me lose it and suddenly become a IV haters, I hate IV not because the game, but because most butthurt fanboys who simply bash V everyday, but can't take critism toward IV

Honestly none of any GTA games ever disappoint me, III, VC, SA, IV and V are masterpieces, and I had to admit that sometimes I regret it everytime I bash IV, but looking back at V-haters post, that feels lost

I reinstalled IV and EFLC because I missed the game, and the both are actually cool, and since last week, I play both more than V

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:15 AM

GTA :IV - This game felt like a huge down grade from GTA:SA to me, especially in features. I don't hate it, but I'd choose Saints Row 2 over it any day. 

• CGFforLife likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

I like how if you say GTA IV you get a load of people crying at you :santa:

But really, chill with the unnecessary hostility. It's immature and mostly flaming at this point.
  • Testeuros and CGFforLife like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

@CGFforLife

Spoiler

Yes, AA was right.

If I had to admit, I actually liked IV, but most of IV fanboys (not you) just simply keep bashing V and spamming nearly every thread with hate toward V is what make me lose it and suddenly become a IV haters, I hate IV not because the game, but because most butthurt fanboys who simply bash V everyday, but can't take critism toward IV

Honestly none of any GTA games ever disappoint me, III, VC, SA, IV and V are masterpieces, and I had to admit that sometimes I regret it everytime I bash IV, but looking back at V-haters post, that feels lost

I reinstalled IV and EFLC because I missed the game, and the both are actually cool, and since last week, I play both more than V

I get what you mean. Honestly I like GTA V more than I've always let on. I'm not sure I'd call it a "masterpiece", but it's at least pretty fun game and it looks stunning.

The whole thing about fanboys I get also. It's the same way I used to feel when San Andreas fanboys slung sh*t at GTA IV day after day after day when GTA IV was new. It got to the point where it started souring my perception on the game (San Andreas I mean) because of annoying fanboys and I guess that's what others feel with GTA IV currently. I really should know better seeing as it's something I've experienced myself in the past. It's pretty hypocritical.

Truthfully I don't find any GTA game "disappointing" in the sense where I've shelved them only after a couple of hours never to play again. I even have disappointments in regards to GTA IV, but I mostly just lock them away and enjoy the game as is.

It's what I should've been doing with GTA V rather than let emotion and pride take over. I suppose that sounds a bit silly on a gaming forum, but it's so easy to get caught up in all the drama when you let your guard down.

• CGFforLife likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:52 AM Edited by CGFforLife, 18 August 2017 - 11:01 AM.

@CGFforLife

Spoiler

Yes, AA was right.

I get what you mean. Honestly I like GTA V more than I've always let on. I'm not sure I'd call it a "masterpiece", but it's at least pretty fun game and it looks stunning.

The whole thing about fanboys I get also. It's the same way I used to feel when San Andreas fanboys slung sh*t at GTA IV day after day after day when GTA IV was new. It got to the point where it started souring my perception on the game (San Andreas I mean) because of annoying fanboys and I guess that's what others feel with GTA IV currently. I really should know better seeing as it's something I've experienced myself in the past. It's pretty hypocritical.

Truthfully I don't find any GTA game "disappointing" in the sense where I've shelved them only after a couple of hours never to play again. I even have disappointments in regards to GTA IV, but I mostly just lock them away and enjoy the game as is.

It's what I should've been doing with GTA V rather than let emotion and pride take over. I suppose that sounds a bit silly on a gaming forum, but it's so easy to get caught up in all the drama when you let your guard down.

Yes, even though I show everyone that I was IV-Haters in this forum, deep down, I love IV actually, the only reason why I never revealed it was only because these hypocrite IV fanboys (obviously not you). And just like you, I find GTA V has lot of missed opportunities that would make V even better.

And also about fanboys, people seems to hate newer GTA. I still remember when everyone liked III or VC than SA, then liked SA than IV, then finally, liked IV than V, who know that this phase may be repeated again when next GTA is released, will everyone suddenly like V or actually move on

If there was an IV fanboy that I actually respected then it's you

Eoghan
  • Eoghan

Trippa Snippa

• The Yardies
  • Ireland

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:21 AM

GTA IV: Game seemed dark dull and boring to me so much so that I dropped the game and never came back to it. I haven't played enough of GTA V to properly(Only about half way through the storyline) critique it but from what I played so far it looks and feels great and has the same kind of SA vibe that I loved, guess I'll ready myself for disappointment.

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

Five easily. It's graphics over substance and freeroam mission reskins with slight variations. And no proper drunk physics :(
  • B Dawg likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users