Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which GTA was the most disappointing?

200 replies to this topic

Poll: Which GTA was the most disappointing? (246 member(s) have cast votes)

Which GTA was the most disappointing?

1. GTA III (5 votes [2.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.03%

2. GTA Vice City (7 votes [2.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.85%

3. GTA San Andreas (9 votes [3.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.66%

4. GTA IV (45 votes [18.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.29%

5. GTA V (180 votes [73.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote
eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:39 PM

I will never understand why when someone here doesn't like IV, their fans will immediately come and try and change your mind by defending it (see above).

Plane and parachute etc, were removed due to 9/11 or whatever it was

You're thinking of III, not IV.
but i heard that they were removed due to 9/11 im not sure but they had a reason to remove the planes and such

R* believed the IV map was small to ride planes, so they removed the ability to pilot them.

• Awesom-0 and The Deadite like this

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

I hope Everyone's having a great Day/Night

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:53 PM Edited by MikePhilips, 08 June 2016 - 05:53 PM.

I will never understand why when someone here doesn't like IV, their fans will immediately come and try and change your mind by defending it (see above).

but i heard that they were removed due to 9/11 im not sure but they had a reason to remove the planes and such
R* believed the IV map was small to ride planes, so they removed the ability to pilot them.
it doesn't make sense, since we can already see planes flying ;)
Lol

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:34 PM

Lol

I think the reason they removed them is because there's nowhere to take said plane. You take off from the airport and then land where? The whole place is a concrete jungle, not a lot of places on the current map to land. 

• Sunrise Driver, PhillBellic, Awesom-0 and 3 others like this

Ruin
  • Ruin

☿️️

• The Yakuza
  • Japan

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:38 PM Edited by Ruin, 08 June 2016 - 06:39 PM.

But i heard that they were removed due to 9/11 im not sure but they had a reason to remove the planes and such

IV had planes removed because the overall map wasn't that big & because their flying mechanics were too buggy and were scrapped altogether.
Same reason you can swim, but can't go underwater; they didn't figure out all the quirks in time for release.

E: Besides, they were going for "realism". Having the Niko be the same Master-Of-All-Trades that CJ was would probably add even more to the irony of said realism.

• Michael likes this

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

I hope Everyone's having a great Day/Night

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:49 PM

But i heard that they were removed due to 9/11 im not sure but they had a reason to remove the planes and such

IV had planes removed because the overall map wasn't that big & because their flying mechanics were too buggy and were scrapped altogether.
Same reason you can swim, but can't go underwater; they didn't figure out all the quirks in time for release.

good point, and in NY the water was dirty sometimes but i agree that the game was a downgrade to San Andreas in termes of possibilities and the thinks you can do but the improvment was the physics, which introduced the euphoria physics and the better story than the previous games. And graphics of course

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:07 PM

Lol

I think the reason they removed them is because there's nowhere to take said plane. You take off from the airport and then land where? The whole place is a concrete jungle, not a lot of places on the current map to land. 

Are you serious? There are at least several perfectly good highways and avenues in the game. It's not like the people of liberty city are using them for anything important.

epicluca
  • epicluca

Red Dead Remasterdemption

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:18 PM

Definetely GTA Advance or Liberty City Stories. Advance had so much potential for a great game after the previous top down games on PS1, but ended up boring and unmemorable. LCS again failed with the handheld format, but luckily VCS vastly improved on that.

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade
  • European-Union

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:20 PM

GTA V. Overhyped as f*ck.

• Voit Turyv, PhillBellic, Maibatsu545 and 1 other like this

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:25 PM

Are you serious? There are at least several perfectly good highways and avenues in the game. It's not like the people of liberty city are using them for anything important.

Sure but landing on a highway filled with traffic is not exactly always going to work out for you. Plus, it'd also depend on the size of said plane and the skill of the pilot. San Andreas on the other hand had 4 airports you could take off from and land at plus it had plenty of flat, empty terrain to use. In Vice City Stories, you had the beach and several other places to land a small plane. In V, you had two airfields, one airport and once more, plenty of flat places to make a soft landing. IV only has one airport and while I'm sure there are a decent amount of places for a skilled pilot to land, there is not a lot of empty, flat terrain or any other airports to land at. 

dbz_master_SA_4life
  • dbz_master_SA_4life

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:59 PM

GTA V had a weak story mode with some awful main characters and don't even mention the sh*tty antagonists. 

A reason why I did not buy this game again and haven't played this game since 2014.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:12 PM

I had to vote for V.

It had so much potential with the heist direction they were taking and they blew it. In the end, it suffered many problems that the previous gta games had mainly the economy. It  had many missed opportunities like allowing players to run trevor's drug business which I would have preferred over generic bar # 252. Then online happened and many of the great features they added to it never made it to solo play. I don't do multiplayer, not my thing.

• O.Z likes this

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:21 PM

GTA V

Didn't even come remotely close to what I thought it was going to be. Story, characters, and whole game felt rushed and half-assed.

As far as games, IV was worse, but V was the bigger letdown.

• Osho and Light Syde Riandy like this

Flusak1235
  • Flusak1235

extra large soda

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:23 PM Edited by Flusak1235, 24 August 2016 - 06:36 PM.

gta online was most dissapointing

SAMP and gta 4 mp beats gta online

gta online is mostly about killing everyone and money

Flusak1235
  • Flusak1235

extra large soda

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:35 PM Edited by Flusak1235, 24 August 2016 - 06:44 PM.

only good things i found in GTAV

tuning

clothing

tatoos

graphics

planes

parachutes

shops

more boats

underwater

no annyoing calls

and map

what else i forgot?

the auto aim makes the f*cking game too easy

Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:55 AM

IV

boring as hell.

• --Vega--, Osho, Al3x_XXI and 1 other like this

Bare
  • Bare

fat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:37 AM

I've never been disappointed by a GTA game.

• Sunrise Driver, slimeball supreme and _.BunsJiggle._ like this

Michael
  • Michael

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:57 AM Edited by Bleached, 25 August 2016 - 09:57 AM.

Probably GTA V and GTA Chinatown Wars. Mainly GTA V because it was way too overhyped and because of that I had big expectations, the first day playing Grand Theft Auto V was cool because of the graphics and stuff, but it was just disappointing after completing the storyline. It didn't feel like a good GTA storyline. Some of the missions looked irrelevant and it felt like a lot of things were useless.

• Light Syde Riandy likes this

Vikki_Suicide
  • Vikki_Suicide

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:17 AM

For me it's IV.  I couldn't relate to Nico at all and feature wise I felt it was a step backwards from GTA SA.  V took us right back to SA days and gave us back all (most) of those lovely features!

• Jammsbro and _.BunsJiggle._ like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:25 AM

Probably GTA V and GTA Chinatown Wars. Mainly GTA V because it was way too overhyped and because of that I had big expectations, the first day playing Grand Theft Auto V was cool because of the graphics and stuff, but it was just disappointing after completing the storyline. It didn't feel like a good GTA storyline. Some of the missions looked irrelevant and it felt like a lot of things were useless.

You don'tt minding expanding on your thoughts of CTW?

Michael
  • Michael

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:24 PM

You don't minding expanding on your thoughts of CTW?

My mother gave Chinatown Wars to me as a little gift for my birthday a few years ago, I played it for a while and I personally feel like the controls are just annoying. I don't mind about the graphics, it was also a bit too complicated. I never had the chance to play Chinatown Wars again though, so I hope I can save enough money to buy it again for my Nintendo so I can see if I think differently about it. It's not that I hate Chinatown Wars, I just expected a little bit more of it I guess.
  • PhillBellic likes this

ScottleeSV
  • ScottleeSV

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:41 PM

An impossible question for me. Like trying to decide what I like least out of chocolate, cake, pizza, burgers, or kebabs. All nice, so which one goes?

I went for GTA5. Technically it's the best of all and yet.. I played it less than those other four before quitting.
  • _.BunsJiggle._ likes this

Arran B
  • Arran B

The '80s enthusiast.

• Members

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:22 AM

GTA V, easily. Overhyped myself for about three years for that sh*t and it was a total letdown.

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

eloi eloi lama sabachthani

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:27 AM Edited by Jezus Holy Christ, 27 August 2016 - 11:27 AM.

IV. My system didn't support it when I bought it in 09, and it already had a lot of fanboys. When I installed it, I was really disappointed. Same happened with V too, but not as much. I think Liberty City should've had a better map. The current map is good, but it feels repetitive. You can drive from one end of the map to the other one and feel no change. Maybe that's because of New York itself, but I get bored very quick when I play IV.

• thatstupidbug, Osho and Vikki_Suicide like this

happygrowls
  • happygrowls

You gotta run and don't look back.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:46 AM

I'm gonna say GTA Online was disappointing at launch because of the horrendous issues, bugs and glitches as well as the lack of the Content Creator and other features that were shown in the Trailer *COUGH* HEISTS *COUGH*.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:50 AM

I'll break the mold here and say that both V and IV weren't dissapointing in the slightest, sure one was boring as f*ck and it becomes a New York Sight Seeing simulator or a physics test game after a while and the Police act like they were still after Chris Dorner in the other one but I did have my fair share of fun between the two. Now the real GTA game that mildly dissapointed me was Liberty City Stories... it looked good... had some good gameplay.. but overall it was just ''Eh''.

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:39 PM Edited by Jezus Holy Christ, 27 August 2016 - 12:41 PM.

I'll break the mold here and say that both V and IV weren't dissapointing in the slightest, sure one was boring as f*ck and it becomes a New York Sight Seeing simulator or a physics test game after a while and the Police act like they were still after Chris Dorner in the other one but I did have my fair share of fun between the two. Now the real GTA game that mildly dissapointed me was Liberty City Stories... it looked good... had some good gameplay.. but overall it was just ''Eh''.

The reason no one talks about LCS & VCS, is that they weren't supposed to be anything special. Not many people care about them.
For many people, GTA is just III,VC,SA,IV and V, while there are 9 more entries to the franchise.

BTW, I think there should be a "Which GTA surprised you" topic. My answer would be VCS, for having that brilliant empire building system. I honestly didn't expect that game to be that good.

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:52 PM

It's GTA V. Everything became worse.
1. Death of Johnny
2. Disappearing of GSF
3. CJ became history
4. Vanishing of the Lost MC etc

Jezus Holy Christ
  • Jezus Holy Christ

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:43 PM Edited by Jezus Holy Christ, 27 August 2016 - 03:47 PM.

1. Death of Johnny
2. Disappearing of GSF
3. CJ became history

1 and 4 are the same.
2 & 3 are bullsh*t. Did you expect them to put CJ and GSF there seriously?! It's HD universe!

There's a hate race on GTA V. Everybody should moan more about it to earn respect in the community, while we all play it and love some things in it.

IV fanboys say "Niko was the best protagonist ever", "Johnny was decent", etc. Like they've forgot how boring LC was. I'm not a fan of super shiny settings but LC wasn't upgraded in HD, like LS was. It felt like the same city from III, with its shortcomings hidden under dark weather as usual, and more landmarks.
  • Al3x_XXI likes this

TheMadeMan
  • TheMadeMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:49 PM

1. Death of Johnny
2. Disappearing of GSF
3. CJ became history

1. Yes, That's sh*tty

2. & 3 those are in 3d universe. IV and V are in HD universe so they can't return

4. That's sh*tty again

Anyways, I would say V. because those sh*tty online focus, Bad driving physics, worse storyline and what? If you can't seem to buy sharkcards, You'll be have nothing at all!

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:30 AM

I would say V, I was mainly disappointed with the driving mechanics and the physics downgrades in general.
I remember when I saw a leak back then of a guy playing and driving a Buccaneer and then crashing against some other car, it looked SO sh*t I couldnt believe it. When I got to play it, the driving was unbearable, I was too used to IV basically, but got kind of used to it eventually.

I was disappointed but not that much though, so I wont vote because Im not very convinced about it.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users