Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which GTA was the most disappointing?

200 replies to this topic

Poll: Which GTA was the most disappointing? (245 member(s) have cast votes)

Which GTA was the most disappointing?

1. GTA III (5 votes [2.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

2. GTA Vice City (7 votes [2.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

3. GTA San Andreas (10 votes [4.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

4. GTA IV (45 votes [18.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.37%

5. GTA V (178 votes [72.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:40 PM Edited by Candy_Licker, 07 June 2016 - 03:43 PM.

If you asked me this 6 years ago, I would say GTA IV.

But now its definitely GTA V.

GTA IV felt like a downgrade compared to San Andreas, and it literally was in a few ways(like the map size). But it still felt like a traditional Rockstar game.

GTA V is an abomination to the series, with its cash-cow online mode and its half-assed story mode. I plan to never touch the game again. 

Exactly. I don't want to jump o nthe hate train too much, but the SP def. was disappointing (partly due to my too high expectation I confess, even tho I'm a PC guy and have been forwarned)

GTA IV was not a bad game, but just not my favourite setting (NYY/present time) I dunno, it didn't have that special "GTA flair", and felt just like any other Action game, albeit a very high quality one.

Wish they would go back in time again and do sth. like Vice City.

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

I hope Everyone's having a great Day/Night

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:38 PM

Is this even a question? V obviously. All the things they showed us in trailers and interviews looked really promising. And that sentence was something like ''there will be much to explore'' or ''there's gonna be a lot of side activities'' was the biggest let down. Let alone story. Such a lame and rushed story... I mean, this could have been a great game, what a waste.

they just wanted to hype us, but the trailer is just a lie after we played the actual sh*t
  • Light Syde Riandy and Maibatsu545 like this

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:45 PM Edited by Maibatsu545, 07 June 2016 - 05:46 PM.

I'm gonna say IV. I was so hyped for this game to come out - R* could do no wrong in my eyes. Then I finished the story and realized there was piss all to do besides get in cop chases or take roman bowling. Then when I realized there were no parachutes, gang territories, empire mode of any sort, silenced weapons, heavy weapons, weapon customization, car customization, I realized I had been sold a lemon. People defended R* with "oh its thier first next gen open world game give them a break". Nope, the writing was on the wall: they'd rather leave out features and sell them back to you as DLC than include it at release. GTAOnline only cemented that fact.

In contrast, I could tell V was going to be garabge by the "skeletons" trailer. It's less of a dissapointment because I could tell V was going to be a turd. In hindsight IV actually seems like a better game now even with less features because the game's world, story, and characters aren't as obnoxious as V.
  • Osho likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:38 PM Edited by Tycek, 07 June 2016 - 07:40 PM.

It won't be surprising to many of you, but GTA V was the most disappointing GTA up to date for me. Not because I expected another IV, like some may think, not because I wanted dark, serious and depressing story or for some similar, yet ridiculous reasons.

GTA V was disappointing mostly for one thing for me - I was expecting R* to continue their usual trend and bring game better and bigger than the last time. To use technology and knowledge to craft the most alive and detailed world, to use the best features of the previous titles to bring us something we will play for another 10 years (like I still do with III, VC, VCS, IV, hell I even played GTA 1 again recently). My love for this game died in just two playthroughs and Online isn't something I am very fond of. Such short life span didn't happen in any of the previous GTAs (except Advance, but this sh*t wasn't even made by R*, so it doesn't really count). I haven't bought enhanced edition, simply because I know it won't light the fire again, just like none of "updates" did, so the game is for me officially dead. 

• Jabalous, B Dawg, Shaundi. and 4 others like this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:55 PM Edited by Street Mix, 07 June 2016 - 07:55 PM.

GTA Advance.

I hoped the game would ADVANCE from GTA 1 & 2. But it didn't. Controls are hard, the story is poor, no vibe, no interest in playing.

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:13 PM

GTA IV. Mostly everything I liked in San Andreas was taken away.

• LeonTheKiller, Osho, Jezus Holy Christ and 2 others like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:16 PM

I would say V, but that's partly because it's the only GTA I followed from the start (since GTA IV released). I built so many ideas in my head of what the game would be like, and then the trailers and screenshots and info came out, and things couldn't seem more perfect; there was just no way this game could possibly be worse than GTA IV, which I already loved. But then I played it finally, and it... just wasn't at all how I expected it to be. I still like it, but the game I envisioned prior to its release was a far superior game.
  • Payne Killer, eCola, The Deadite and 1 other like this

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:05 PM

GTA IV. Mostly everything I liked in San Andreas was taken away.

IV was good and the most improved in terms of Graphics and Characters and story and Plane and parachute etc, were removed due to 9/11 or whatever it was

• Richie Makyura likes this

Ruin
  • Ruin

Desideratum

• The Yakuza
  • Japan

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:59 AM

I will never understand why when someone here doesn't like IV, their fans will immediately come and try and change your mind by defending it (see above).

Plane and parachute etc, were removed due to 9/11 or whatever it was

You're thinking of III, not IV.

• LeonTheKiller, Osho, Awesom-0 and 4 others like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:17 AM

I'm gonna say IV. I was so hyped for this game to come out - R* could do no wrong in my eyes. Then I finished the story and realized there was piss all to do besides get in cop chases or take roman bowling. Then when I realized there were no parachutes, gang territories, empire mode of any sort, silenced weapons, heavy weapons, weapon customization, car customization, I realized I had been sold a lemon. People defended R* with "oh its thier first next gen open world game give them a break". Nope, the writing was on the wall: they'd rather leave out features and sell them back to you as DLC than include it at release. GTAOnline only cemented that fact.

In contrast, I could tell V was going to be garabge by the "skeletons" trailer. It's less of a dissapointment because I could tell V was going to be a turd. In hindsight IV actually seems like a better game now even with less features because the game's world, story, and characters aren't as obnoxious as V.

Wait shouldn't you like GTA V then? Its basically Rockstars answer to SA fans complaints (Tbogt already was in a way)

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:34 AM

GTA V with San Andreas not that far behind. San Andreas didn't feel that great to me coming off Vice City. Once the initial "wow" factor wore off it was then I started to see that CJ wasn't a very good character at all and all the "content" people rave over wasn't to my liking with the exception of a few things..

GTA V came off worse IMO because the trailers and such hyped it up as the second coming of Jesus, but in the end it just left me feeling flat and bewildered. It's still a good game, but definitely not as great as it could've been.

• Journey_95 and eCola like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

GOZERIAN

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:56 AM

Ok, who the f*ck voted Vice City??!!
  • B Dawg, AnDReJ98, Shaundi. and 5 others like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:16 AM

Ok, who the f*ck voted Vice City??!!

GTA 3 fans who wanted a sequel with Claude? But seriously not sure how one can vote for VC, it was an improvement in every way.

• Videogames888 likes this

Frito-Man
  • Frito-Man

Oppai

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:47 AM

So much V hate.... So original.
  • slimeball supreme, Awesom-0 and Al3x_XXI like this

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:01 AM

Wait shouldn't you like GTA V then? Its basically Rockstars answer to SA fans complaints (Tbogt already was in a way)
You're right, I should have based on the pre realease info. But then the game turned out to actually be WORSE than IV. The "heists" (only 2 of which are actually for profit) the abysmal Asset mission system that was added at the last second, the sh*ttier story, less likable characters, and worst of all: mission freedom was reduced even MORE than IV.

at0TH8S.jpg

i was dissapointed by IV, but V turned out to actually somehow be worse than i had anticipated. Now comapred to V gta4 looks like a f*cking masterpiece.
  • deathdealer, Algonquin Assassin and B Dawg like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:08 AM

So much V hate.... So original.

That might be because people actually don't like it as much as the other games

not really a hard concept to grasp
  • deathdealer, gunziness, Shaundi. and 3 others like this

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:44 AM

3 easily for me.

Uncle Vlad
  • Uncle Vlad

annoying dick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:54 AM

Wow, V clearly lies in leadership. Seems it left many GTA fans crying in the shower.

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:48 AM

I will never understand why when someone here doesn't like IV, their fans will immediately come and try and change your mind by defending it (see above).

Plane and parachute etc, were removed due to 9/11 or whatever it was

You're thinking of III, not IV.
but i heard that they were removed due to 9/11 im not sure but they had a reason to remove the planes and such

Mac Tonight
  • Mac Tonight

Mac Tonight, breakfast tomorrow.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:51 AM

Lots of people voted for V. I fully understand why. I would have voted for it as well, but that would kinda make me a hypocrite. I originally LOVED V to death. I played it so long and so often that I thought that it was my favorite for a time. But then as time went on, the problems became more and more noticeable and the annoyances became more and more prevalent. By the time I saw it for what it really was, I already had put in hundreds of hours. To say it was a "disappointment" after so many hours of playtime would make no sense.

As an alternative, I chose IV. When IV was announced, I expected a game like the previous ones: silly, over-the-top and pure, unrealistic fun. When I played it though it was a whole different story. Slow gameplay, gritty and melancholic story, realistic driving and shooting, etc. What I had come to think of as GTA had been crushed with a hammer. I didn't like it. But like GTA V, as I played it through, my opinion of it changed. I got used to the changes and I came to really like it. I still list it as a disappointment though, as it didn't live up to my original expectations.

• Osho likes this

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:22 AM Edited by Turan, 08 June 2016 - 10:23 AM.

GTA IV by a landmile. Boring mission after boring mission after boring mission. With horrible shooting mechanics to top it off. The only reason I ever beat that game was because of the fantastic Liberty City. 

• Ruin, Osho and Al3x_XXI like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Motosoldier

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:24 AM Edited by B Dawg, 08 June 2016 - 11:28 AM.

With horrible shooting mechanics to top it off.

Horrible shooting mechanics? Unless you've been playing the half assed (or maybe they purposely dumbed it down, who the hell knows what was going on in R* HQ during development) PC version with Keyboard&Mouse without the Bulletspread Fix, you're full of crap.

Spoiler

• Journey_95 and Pink Pineapple like this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:52 AM

Shooting mechanics in PC version is fine and shooting is better than in PS3 version.

In turn, GTA 4 PS3 shooting is way ahead of GTASA PS2 one.

Professor SmackaDabbah
  • Professor SmackaDabbah

Dananananananana she really loves to break

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:53 AM

When I first played IV I was disappointed at the lack of features compared to SA but overtime I have gotten over that.

Right now I'd say V was. The protagonists, particularly Franklin, just weren't that interesting, the story itself is more akin to several episodes of a sitcom, none particularly good, than it is just one main story. The antagonists were barely present, the whole story is wrapped up far too quickly and conveniently, and of course there's the problem of like 90% of R*'s attention and effort going towards Online. It seems like R* was putting so much attention towards making a social commentary that they had forgotten to give the game compelling characters or a story.
  • PhillBellic likes this

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

gregg rulz ok

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:59 AM

GTA Online - From the original trailer promises of being able to do "whatever you want" except Heists for almost 2 years, can't steal any car and claim it for yourself, can't get rid of a crappy starter pistol, can't rent properties until you got a better one, limited on if you can do missions solo or not.

And the list goes on.

• Sunrise Driver and Maibatsu545 like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Motosoldier

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:01 PM Edited by B Dawg, 08 June 2016 - 12:02 PM.

Shooting mechanics in PC version is fine and shooting is better than in PS3 version.

How the f*ck is being able to shoot pin point accurately at full auto and or via blind-fire fine? It is not fine, it is downright retarded, especially when enemies don't have that kind of accuracy.

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:37 PM

With horrible shooting mechanics to top it off.

Horrible shooting mechanics? Unless you've been playing the half assed (or maybe they purposely dumbed it down, who the hell knows what was going on in R* HQ during development) PC version with Keyboard&Mouse without the Bulletspread Fix, you're full of crap.

Spoiler

Why so aggressive? Just because you liked the shooting mechanics everyone else should feel the same way? Some people and their favorite games... :whistle:

• M0rk, slimeball supreme, Al3x_XXI and 1 other like this

Videogames888
  • Videogames888

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:45 PM Edited by Videogames888, 08 June 2016 - 02:48 PM.

To be honest, the mechanics is what disappointed GTA V for me. The driving mechanics were dumbed down and ultimately made gameplay less interesting. The fact that your aiming reticle doesn't appear when your blind firing made cover useless IMO. If they were to fix these before release, I honestly wouldn't of been disappointed.

The soundtrack was also pathetic, with little recognizable hits.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:16 PM

GTA V, I mean, I really like the game, but it could have been much much better if it wasnt for the very poor decisions R* made. A complete waste really. 

Its the first game in the series that I could say it lacks identity.  

• The Deadite and Pink Pineapple like this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

🔺

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:33 PM

I haven't.

Every GTA has pleased me to at least some degree. Some to a lesser extent, such as Vice City - but in the end they're all still (at least) great games and the series as a whole doesn't really have any bad games.

Even V - which has gained a reasonable hatedom amongst a large portion of the forums for personally ludicrous reasons, I personally really enjoyed. So idk. I guess I'm not dissapointed or don't dislike any GTAs.

Except Advance. But we don't talk about Advance.
  • Sunrise Driver and Al3x_XXI like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users