Photo

GTA Next Music & Radio

197 replies to this topic
CartmanKusanagi
  • CartmanKusanagi

#BoycottOnline

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:47 AM Edited by CartmanKusanagi, 14 August 2017 - 05:48 AM.

I would love electronic/dance stations in the same vein as either (the 90's eurodance songs on) Non-Stop Pop or the TBoGT rendition of Vladivostok FM. I practically discovered electronic music through the GTA games, as odd as that sounds. I liked some of the songs on Soulwax FM, but it was very odd as a whole, let alone compared to the previous electronic stations in the series.

I've also been getting into a lot more Aphex Twin and Tangerine Dream over the past year or so; I wouldn't mind another ambient station.

• Mister Pink likes this

Dan.
  • Dan.

Cop Killa

• Members

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:05 AM

All I ask for is a KDST type station.

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

I want them to bring back Stretch Armstrong but this time with Bobbito Garcia! They could totally have a radio show reminiscent of 89.9 with underground rappers coming in to do freestyle, and just generally funny dialogue. 

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:25 PM Edited by Gokuzbu, 26 August 2017 - 12:44 PM.

More Toto, more Stone Roses, more Black Keys, more Genesis, more Queen, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, The Smiths, Queens of the Stone Age.

More Kanye, more Kendrick, more Dr. Dre, more Snoop Dogg, Schoolboy Q, Vince Staples, Notorious B.I.G, Travis Scott, MF DOOM, Juicy J and 3 6 Mafia.

Have a Trap/Banger Hip Hop station and a conscious rap one so both camps are happy. Have a classic rock station, a modern/grunge station and a prog station with long 8 minute songs by Genesis, Yes, Pink Floyd, King Crimson.

• ryannata likes this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade
  • European-Union

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:28 PM Edited by (Ambient), 26 August 2017 - 05:28 PM.

I'm all for a progressive rock radio station. To the list above, I'd add Steven Wilson (solo, Porcupine Tree & Blackfield), Rush, The Mars Volta, Jethro Tull, Soft Machine, Hawkwind and maybe some Camel too. :p
  • Gokuzbu and Ivan1997GTA like this

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:22 AM

Yeah that all sounds good, Camel are especially awesome.

R3D-RAB1T
  • R3D-RAB1T

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

I wanna hear some 60s like im mafia 3, some rolling stones, jefferson airplane, the temptations, the four tops, sam the sham and the pharohs

EarthGaia
  • EarthGaia

YAOI RULES!

• The Yakuza
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [Music]

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:50 PM

If the next GTA is set in VC, I would love a latin ballad station, a mixture of 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's and today's latin ballads, featuring artists like Chayanne, Franco de Vita, Alexandre Pires, Luis Miguel, Jose Luis Perales, Leonardo Favio, Nino Bravo, Adamo, Sandro, etc...

Fishers Fritz
  • Fishers Fritz

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:44 PM Edited by Fishers Fritz, 30 August 2017 - 09:46 PM.

I know it will not happen, but a radio station that plays exclusively tracks by Joachim Witt would be incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVsxy7CPPGk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTw9N9BW5X0

His music is very diverse and the lyrics are deep.

PlaysGTAinBathwater
  • PlaysGTAinBathwater

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:04 PM

Two GTAs (that I know of, SA and V) have a lot of rural countryside and a terrible country station to go with it. It's cool that R* understands how large a chunk of the market rural America accounts for, but who is this music for?!? The oldest NPCs of Blaine County, or the players?!? GTA's next map will be large, and likely feature countryside, so... let's have some good country music next time around.

RebelRadio and KRose were both way off. RR was all over the place. The two good songs felt like accidents.(Willie Nelson "Whiskey River" and Waylon Jennings "Ain't Livin Long Like This") A lot of the content is older stuff from the 60s or even 50s. (KRose was all oldies) I touched on this in the anti-wishlist by saying something like "less Hank Sr, more Hank Jr."  I'd never heard that J. Cash song about the Duke boy's car, I puked in my mouth a little. Convoy?...WTF? Now, I'm no huge country fan, it wouldn't kill me if the game had no country station at all,  but there is some good stuff, well suited to the game, that could make something like RebelRadio one of the best, rather than worst stations.

"Folsom Prison Blues" by Jonny Cash is an easy choice, but what about "Ain't No Grave" or "Cocaine Blues"

"You Never Even Called Me By My Name" by David Allen Coe, (joy) or maybe "Jack Daniels If You Please" , "Longhaired Redneck", "If That Ain't Country", "Take This Job and Shove It"

"Uneasy Rider" by Charlie Daniels, or "Wichita Jail", "Long Haired Country Boy"

"Family Tradition" by Hank Williams Jr, another easy choice, but then there's "Mind Your Own Business" and "I'd Love to Knock the Hell Out of You"

"Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw" by Jimmy Buffet

"Highway Patrol" by Junior Brown, not a great song, but a hilarious police chase soundtrack

Willie Nelson... just use "Whiskey River" again, I won't complain

Something else from Waylon Jennings, Johnny Paycheck, Merle Haggard, you know, dudes that lived hard and wrote songs about it. Don't go all George Jones on us. No Patsy Cline, no Loretta Lynn, no Hank Sr, none of that broken heart, I'm in love, mainstream 60's stuff.

Maybe mix in a handful of Southern Rock tracks, rather than one just kinda ending up there by mistake cause it sounds so country. Mississippi Queen, Black Betty, Gimme Three Steps, Whippin Post or Midnight Rider...

I'm sure many players would rather country music not be in the game at all, like "Who listens to this sh*t?" I feel this way about all the house/techno, the 4th rap station, the 3rd rap station, ultra-light rock, radio east los (I think it was called, come on R*, why?) but just remember the opera station in LCS. You might not like the music, but how fitting and f-ing cool that they put an opera station in Liberty City. Bashing through traffic while The Anvil Chorus played...yea!

PlaysGTAinBathwater
  • PlaysGTAinBathwater

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:58 PM

anyway... no more country talk, SOME ROCK SONGS

When the Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin

Fairies Wear Boots or Wizard by Black Sabbath

Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Country Honk, Dancin with Mr. D, Brown Sugar, or Gimme Shelter by The Stones

Whole Lota Rosie by AC/DC

Big Ten Inch Record by Aerosmith

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer by George Thorogood

ALSO...

Wu-tang Wu-Tang Wu-Tang, they on my brain.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:24 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 04 September 2017 - 06:25 PM.

Stranger, weirder more "underground" electronic music. ie. More Aphex Twin, Clark, Plaid, Tipper, Shpongle etc with some Acid, IDM, Ambient and trippy and psychedelic stuff. 

• CartmanKusanagi, (Ambient) and EarthGaia like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

I would like better stations in general. In GTA V, many of the stations suffered from bizarre picks and being very loosely defined. As I mentioned, Soulwax felt like something that would've made sense a decade before GTA V was out, but otherwise felt horribly out of touch with what gets played today. Non-Stop Pop had no real identity other than "poppy/famous songs" which is why Gorillaz and Britney Spears were on the same station. Vinewood Boulevard Radio and Channel X were both utter sh*t and it was pathetic that these were supposed to be the "modern" and "hard" rock stations, respectively. LSRR, while one of the better stations, still suffered from a lack of heavier tracks trying to go for a "yacht rock" feel. I still don't get what WorldWide FM is supposed to be, though I do enjoy it. As for Radio Los Santos? I have no idea why they picked those songs. With a few exceptions, everything on RLS was complete label-manufactured auto-tuned bullsh*t.

And where is the modern music? It was far too few for what is supposed to be a modern GTA, and most of what was present was garbage.

Basically, make it like GTA IV. In that game, the stations were clearly defined and had a purpose. It felt less repetitive despite having fewer songs. Give us classic rock with both softer and harder songs, an actual modern rock station, actual electronic music, a dedicated jazz station, metal, and hip-hop that is actually decent (to be fair, it's harder to come by these days but it still exists). I don't know, just something about GTA IV's soundtrack that completely puts GTA V to shame. It's not perfect, but it just feels like it accomplished what it set out to achieve.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

I tried a prog station out on Independence FM and it worked out beautifully. This needs to happen. The songs would be longer so they can use less and not pay as much licensing costs.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:25 AM Edited by Shyabang Shyabang, 15 September 2017 - 07:26 AM.

If the city will have Quebec or Paris, then Bleu FM:

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Mister Pink, 4 days ago.

If GTA adopted a podcast-type talk show, you know more long-form, who would you go for? Maybe some real podcasters/broadcasters would be great. 

My list:

Marc Maron

Joe Rogan

Adam Carrola

Jim Norton

Anthony Cumia

Bill Burr

Also, radio adverts... Love some radio adverts made by Tim & Eric...

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by VictorVince1239, 4 days ago.

Hopefully artist like Mitch Murder, Tesla Boy, Trevor Something get some love in these games.Couple of examples. 

Also slightly off topic but hoping we can do more with music this year. I want to be able to bring certain songs from the different stations over to an in game Ipod device rather than having to wait around for the song to play on that station. 

A way to add songs of your own would be greatly appreciated too. I mentioned in another thread that rockstar could perhaps make it so saved songs can appear on the radio station playlist much like it did waay back on original xbox when people added songs to their hard drives. 

Both Xbox one and PS4 have this feature so it shouldn't be impossible. 

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 3 days ago

A romantic channel for a romantic night

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users