XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:30 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 07 June 2016 - 06:55 PM.

Hope this isn't a dupe topic. 

I know the music will sort of tie-in with the location in terms of what type of stations we may get etc. What type of radio stations would you like? What type of tracks? Will you be looking forward to new chat shows? 

One my my favourite chat shows was gardening with Maurice featuring Andy Dick as Maurice. I could listen to it over and over. Maybe as I'm older I find it harder to listen to the chat shows more than once. 

I think Rockstar could have a  station that evolves in SP throughout the years after release. Maybe a chat show may last 6 months and then later you'll hear more chat shows released through updates, beginning a year or 6 months after initial release. 

For music, Rockstar are pretty on the mark when it comes to music, bar Fergie or Britney (I know, it's a reflection of real life) and some of the really commercial stuff they put on there. Having a Fly-Lo station was bold, the Funk station was subliminal also the classic Hip Hop station and tracks on the Non-Stop Pop station were boss. I really adore Rockstars music department. I think they're world class in delivery of relevant, enjoyable music.  I was glad that one of the songs I posted in the GTA V topic; Songs You Would Like To See In The Game ended up in V. I thought i was a great coincidence. 

Personally, I would like a return of a Ambient/Electronic music station again or a Warp Radio station like in Sleeping Dogs. 

Some types of tracks I would like would be.. 

The second track is more soundtrack-like. But a little more ambiguous than say a metal track or a hip-hop track where they're usually reserved for particular times. The second track is more ambiguous where it might be used for a driving segment, a chase, exploring the sea or skydiving, hence it's sound-track nature.  Sleeping Dogs has a station that has very eastern flavours that is mostly instrumental. I think it's better than having sound-track cue music that GTA V had in a way. Some times I just want to hear the explostions, the dialogue the sound effects and then if I want the music, I can just stick on the "soundtrack radio station."

Rockstar could even have a radio station for unsigned bands. Imagine being an unsigned band/DJ/music producer and having your track in GTA!?! 

• The Odyssey, ClaudeSpeed1911, evd and 3 others like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:56 PM

I'd like to have a late 1980s-1990s alt. rock station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEJkJBqNwAo

• Mister Pink, The Odyssey, icecoldkilla1467 and 2 others like this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:51 PM

I'm really hoping for a classic rock station similar to LRR from GTA 4 and EFLC or KDST from GTA SA,maybe with some similarities to LSRR mixed in (classic rock and hard rock,like Fortunate Son, Gimme All Your Lovin', Danger Zone, Peace Of Mind, Burning Heart, Dirty White Boy, Photograph...,but none of that soft rock and pop rock stuff).Something similar to V-Rock from GTA VC and VCS or Radio X from GTA SA would also be cool.

• Mister Pink, Shenmue18 and icecoldkilla1467 like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:46 PM Edited by SprayPaintedCraniums, 31 May 2016 - 06:46 PM.

I want an extreme metal station and a hardcore punk station, but with more songs than LCHC...It's playlist was way too small, tbh...Also, another K109 the studio...
  • Mister Pink, Sunrise Driver, B Dawg and 2 others like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The new age of Bowling is here!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:01 PM

A metal station with lots of lesser known/underground bands, mixing Death/Thrash/Black/Grind/Crust/Speed/etc..., something like I posted back in 'Create your own radio station'.

• Mister Pink, Femme Fatale and Payne Killer like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:51 PM Edited by goldadderXD, 01 June 2016 - 03:00 PM.

if the game sets place in los santos ....definatly this: 

Edit: fun to see how you can reconaise many things from gta los santos
  • Mister Pink, Ivan1997GTA and ChoosyCircle like this

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN (Just Kidding f*ck TAKE TWO)

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:40 AM

Live - I Alone (For a rock radio station)

Also

Incubus - Are You In? (If they add somekind of rock station for hard rock or grunge, I'll be happy)

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:13 PM

Some great and diverse suggestions. 

@Phnx: And 80's/90's rock station would be fantastic, especially with acts like Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Pearl Jam etc. 

@LeopardGecko: Always been a fan of Classic Rock and Rockstar have been sublime in their delivery of Classic Rock tracks in the past. I would love to hear more of The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd (where I got my name) Jethro Tull, Canned Heat, The Kinks and Creedance Clearwater Revival

What hasn't been done before that you might think would work in a GTA? 

We've never had a pure Blues station. I could listen to Willie Dixon, BB King, The Doors, John Lee Hooker etc. 

I really enjoyed the Blue Ark (nice reference to Black Ark which is the DJ, Lee 'Scratch' Perry's old studio which he allegedly burnt down in Jamaica). 

Also, another thing I love that Rockstar does is having superstar radio DJ's either playing themselves or parodies of themselves. For example we have Axl Rose doing K-Rock with stories from his time with his old band Crystal Ship (nice reference to the name of a Doors track). I didn't realise it was hime for like a year after playing, lol.  We have Bootsy Collins  on Space FM. As soon as I heard his voice I knew it was him. If you don't know Bootsy Collins, he's one of most famous Funk bass guitarists. He used to play with James Brown, Funkadelic/Parliament etc. You may know tracks he's played bass on such as  Weapon of Choice by Fatboy Slim and Groove is In Heart by Dee-Lite.

Below are two videos of mad genius' Rockstar thought to put in a GTA game as radio DJ's for Space FM and Blue Ark respectively. I love it. 

With keeping with that sort of originality by Rockstar, who would you like to see DJ in GTA Next?

• Sunrise Driver, GTA-Biker, Videogames888 and 2 others like this

evd
  • evd

acid

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:33 PM Edited by evd, 01 June 2016 - 04:35 PM.

if there is a chance to have another game in present time, I just want this to be main theme:

I've posted this tune in some polish language driven topic, and was actually suprised when people reacted positevely to that, Im a bit confused here with some poeple, but that was very pleasant.

definetely has some crime vibe here.

The rest is up to You, what would You like in radio stations, or as MT in different time setting, Im cool wtih that.

• Mister Pink, CartmanKusanagi and EarthGaia like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:52 PM

Well, thanks for posting that. I love it. It's kind of weird, dark electro-dub-jungle with that Amen break in there  for good measure, if that wasn't a pretentious sounding description :p

Also reminds of GTA III for some reason. 

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:43 PM

With keeping with that sort of originality by Rockstar, who would you like to see DJ in GTA Next?

As much as I have nothing against real-life personalities as DJs, I'd like to see fictional characters hosting radio stations. From some points of view, radio hosts created by Rockstar can work better than celebrities playing themselves.

• Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:12 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 02 June 2016 - 12:52 PM.

As much as I have nothing against real-life personalities as DJs, I'd like to see fictional characters hosting radio stations. From some points of view, radio hosts created by Rockstar can work better than celebrities playing themselves.

I think I can understand where you are coming from. Is it because a fictional DJ might get away with saying more controversial or different points of view? 

I think Axl Rose is a good mix of both because he's playing a sort of parody of himself. The stories are kind of true but he's pretending to be someone else. A bit like Raul Duke is actually Hunter S. Thompson. He can sort of say things that don't incriminate himself, yet we know it's him. 

I would be happy for a mix of both. 

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

I think I can understand where you are coming from. Is it because a fictional DJ might get away with saying more controversial or different points of view? 

Not really.

To be honest, fictional DJs would make more sense than real-life celebrity who goes to the United States only because of hosting a radio station.

Pastry
  • Pastry

you know i had to ring-a-ding do it to em

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:16 AM Edited by Pastry, 03 June 2016 - 04:17 AM.

Bright Lights by Gary Clark Jr. Fell in love with it the first time I heard it in Walton's Bar in Max Payne 3.

• Mister Pink and Payne Killer like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:43 AM

How about have GTA Next having truly Dynamic Radio Stations?

This would mean that should you choose to accept, every Quarter, have the Music Tracks and Talk Radio Segments (and perhaps even the Radio Advertisements), be changed over to more current Songs and Discussions?

• Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:50 AM

I wouldn't mind having a station for 80's Rock and Metal. Similar to V-Rock, and of course our friend Lazlow would be the DJ and would be less of a chump than he was in GTA's 4 & 5.  

• GTA-Biker likes this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:48 AM

- Breakbeat, Breaks, Chemical Breaks, Big Beat with some Crystal Method, The Prodigy, Uberzone, Equalizers, Plump DJs and similar

- Contemporary & Hardcore Drum & Bass with Pendulum, Counterstrike, Panacea, Current Value, Qemists, Chase & Status, Calyx, Hallucinator etc.

- Ragga Jungle

- PsyTrance

- Rock & Roll

- Blues as you mentioned

- Detroit Techno & House

- Celtic folk music

• Mister Pink and YA BOY DIRT like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:31 AM

- Detroit Techno & House

Detroit Techno and/or (Chicago) House would be great in GTA VI.

• Mister Pink, Sunrise Driver, evd and 1 other like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:20 AM

I'd like an electronic music station hosted by Calvin Harris.

• YA BOY DIRT likes this

EarthGaia
  • EarthGaia

YAOI RULES!

• The Yakuza
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [Music]

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:01 AM

I'd like a Downtempo radio station, hosted by Thievery Corporation or Tricky together with Skye, bringing the best lounge tracks to chill your mind after murdering or killing:

I think the second song could fit perfect for GTA VI trailer

• Mister Pink, evd and Ivan1997GTA like this

DiscountBatman
  • DiscountBatman

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:04 AM

Country station? For them cowboy moments.

• Osric likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:32 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 05 June 2016 - 08:32 AM.

Great ideas and great tracks posted so far. 

@Pastry: Nice selection.. would sit in with a GTA very nicely. 

@018361: V-Rock was great in Vice City and I could listen to more that, Iron Maiden, Queen, Buckethead, Metallica, Metal Church, Thin Lizzy

@PhillBellic: Dynamic stations would be great but I would prefer only for them to update the adverts and talk-shows and then possibly add music after a year or so. It doe take me a while to get used to all the music but the talk-shows lately, get old very quick. 

@StreetMix: I'd love a Breakbeats or Detroit Techno station too. 

@Phnx: I'm not sure about what you mean with the DJs. For example, Francois K (Electro Choc) is based in New York/Liberty City (I met him once :)), so that made sense. It adds a bit of realism for those that know him and I'm sure half of the people here didn't know him but the people that do, it's a nice easter-egg. I love the way Rockstar doesn't advertise their famous DJ's. It's usually a surprise and most of the time you have to look up the credits to find out. BTW, nice tracks you posted. 

@Lazor Guns: Well, if he's not too busy doing the next Rhianna song :p Might be fun have a Scottish DJ all right.

@GloryBox: That would be great. We could have AIR, Orbital, DJ Shadow, Tricky (as you mentioned), Boards of Canada, Gramatik, Kruder & Dorfmeister...

@DiscountBatman: I loved K-Rose. I never thought I could love Country like that. :D

This could have gone in to Watch Dogs...

• PhillBellic, evd, EarthGaia and 1 other like this

evd
  • evd

acid

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:42 PM

if it had been something modern - distant future:

• Mister Pink and EarthGaia like this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:03 PM

- Rock & Roll

Some oldies station playing 50s-early 60s rock and roll would be cool,something similar to Mafia 2 soundtrack.

• Mister Pink and B Dawg like this

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Soldier

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:01 PM

Hmm, something that hasn't been done yet is a (modern) Darkwave/Coldwave station, which would fit in a dark and gritty setting, like maybe Carcer City.

• Mister Pink, GTKING1st and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:47 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 07 June 2016 - 04:56 PM.

I want a synthwave radio station. Basicly music like in Hotline Miami/Drive/ FC Blood Dragon.

Music like these:

Perturbator Uncanny Valley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP1C-W8A69s

Sonic Mayhem Futurland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG1rl6t0UUA

The ones I posted are more on the heavy side but it would be cool if they did that but the genre is niche so I am not sure if they would ever do it.

• Mister Pink, DaWiesel, GTKING1st and 3 others like this

Mac Tonight
  • Mac Tonight

Mac Tonight, breakfast tomorrow.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:36 AM Edited by Mac Tonight, 08 June 2016 - 09:37 AM.

A REAL rock station for once. Not this soft rock and pop rock sh*t. Last good rock station was V-Rock from VCS. I mean, I liked some of the tracks from LSRR and LRR, but they were such a jumbled mess of sub-genres that it didn't have a consistent theme.

If we went back to Las Venturas, I'd LOVE a good western station. Not country, western. Like Marty Robbins and some old Johnny Cash would be great for cruising around the desert.

Synthwave station. I was kind of disappointed when I heard that Nightride FM was cut. Maybe I want it because I'm such a Drive fanboy and I've been playing too much Hotline Miami, but still.

Better stations overall. GTA V had some stuff that was really not needed. Like all of the weird hipster sh*t they added in. With the old games, the radio soundtracks usually reflected upon the popular genres of the era they were covering. But in V it feels like they added stations just to make the selection look bigger. I'm not saying Rockstar has to pander to the masses and not include anything that isn't mainstream. I'm just saying that they could have focused a bit less on adding more stations and focus more on making better stations. Quality over quantity.

Better hosts. I cannot for the life of me remember any radio hosts from IV or V other than that some of them were musicians (Like Kenny Loggins for LSRR) and that's literally it. Sure, celebrities and musicians have played radio hosts before in the series, but they had different personality traits that gave them character and made them very fun to listen to. Name THREE radio hosts from the HD universe that are anywhere near as good as Julio G from Radio Los Santos, Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith from K-DST, Sage from Radio X, Toni from Flash FM, or Lazlow from V-Rock. And no, the talk radio stations don't count. Yeah, I thought so.

Yeah I'm probably gonna get sh*t for this. Oh well

• Mister Pink, ClaudeSpeed1911, Roger Cheeto and 2 others like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:51 PM

Name THREE radio hosts from the HD universe that are anywhere near as good as Julio G from Radio Los Santos, Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith from K-DST, Sage from Radio X, Toni from Flash FM, or Lazlow from V-Rock. And no, the talk radio stations don't count. Yeah, I thought so.

I can't name THREE, but Karl Lagerfeld is more fabulous than all five of them combined...

RandompedestrianfromLC
  • RandompedestrianfromLC

Liberty City

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:37 PM

The eastcoast classics like in IV, but more songs:

300px-TheClassics104.1-GTAIV-advert.jpg

http://gta.wikia.com..._Classics_104.1

Host: DJ Premier

At least one song from illmatic, smiff-n-wessun, Gangstarr, big l, lord finesse, m.o.p, some old fat joe track from represent 1993, group home, etc....

More classic Dj Premier beats the better.

...and also this: Mad Lion -Take it easy https://www.youtube....h?v=VSpNJrppImg

• Mister Pink and slimeball supreme like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The new age of Bowling is here!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:51 PM Edited by B Dawg, 09 June 2016 - 09:17 PM.

A REAL rock station for once. Not this soft rock and pop rock sh*t. Last good rock station was V-Rock from VCS. I mean, I liked some of the tracks from LSRR and LRR, but they were such a jumbled mess of sub-genres that it didn't have a consistent theme.

Have you listened to TLAD/EFLC's version of LRR? That was pure perfection!

Go To Hell by Alice Cooper alone made it the best radio station in the whole series.

Name THREE radio hosts from the HD universe that are anywhere near as good as Julio G from Radio Los Santos, Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith from K-DST, Sage from Radio X, Toni from Flash FM, or Lazlow from V-Rock. And no, the talk radio stations don't count.

Iggy Pop, Jimmy Gestapo, Juliette Lewis.

Better stations overall. GTA V had some stuff that was really not needed. Like all of the weird hipster sh*t they added in. With the old games, the radio soundtracks usually reflected upon the popular genres of the era they were covering. But in V it feels like they added stations just to make the selection look bigger. I'm not saying Rockstar has to pander to the masses and not include anything that isn't mainstream. I'm just saying that they could have focused a bit less on adding more stations and focus more on making better stations. Quality over quantity.

I hated how the Rock & Punk stations were full of mainstream sh*t in V. LSRR was sh*tty soft ballads, and Channel X was sh*tty California Punk with bands that sound like f*cking amateurs and vocalists that sound like f*cking sissies, bland boring sh*t. LCHC in IV on the other hand was aggressive as hell, had a lot of energy to it, and had some killer songs and solos.

The Lowdown was pretty nice though. Rebel Radio was suprisingly good too.

• GTKING1st, ClaudeSpeed1911, GTA-Biker and 2 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users