69 replies to this topic
Wiseguy94
  • Wiseguy94

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:46 PM

What was the hardest mission you ever had to deal with? I'll go by game:

GTA 3: The mission with the armored truck that had the bomb in it and you had to defend it. I forget the name. That one gave me a lot of trouble.

Vice City: Supply and Demand. This is probably the hardest mission I've ever done in a GTA game. I always dreaded this one when the title screen appeared. Also the Umberto boat race mission was bad, too.

San Andreas: Believe it or not, The Wrong Side of the Tracks was never an issue for me. I was actually pretty good at that one. The issue for me was the one where Catalina steals a tanker truck and you have to defend it from some guys in a Camaro clone. VERY hard. Also, Zero's plane missions were awful.

GTA IV: The mission where you have to chase the mobsters in a car after that shootout in a construction site. Forget the name.

GTA V: The Big Score, Subtle Approach. The traffic light part. I was never very good at those puzzles. Honorable mention goes to the train jump in Derailed. 

• Crimie Marston likes this

temi4328
  • temi4328

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:21 PM

Dreading having to do Zero's missions on the IPad.

Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:51 PM

Shooting down the p0lanes on Zero's roof was a f*cking nightmare.

Honestly, I never did it. I had to get a friend to do it for me twice.

• killdrivetheftvehicle likes this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:08 PM

VC - Checkpoint Charlie, Bombs Away, Gun Runner, Spilling the Beans.

SA - Robbing Uncle Sam, Wrong Side of the Tracks, Learn to Fly, Vertical Bird, High Noon.

IV - Deconstruction for Beginners, Three Leaf Clover, Tunnel of Death

V - Derailed, Monkey Business (was more annoying than hard).

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:35 PM

A Revenger's Tragedy. That part where you ditch the boat to jump aboard Jacob's helicopter.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:35 PM

Light my pyre

• Pastry likes this

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:43 PM

Air Raid. Just when I thought the rail-shooters were already enough of a pain on a PS2 controller, they throw tiny planes at me and expect me to hit them from a long distance away to minimize damage... yeah, right.

• killdrivetheftvehicle likes this

Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

The f*cking yoga mission. For the simple fact that I want to throw my controller out the window every time I have to do it.

And the irony is that it follows up with one of the most enjoyable parts of the entire game.

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:48 PM

GTA 1: Many of Uncle Fu's and Sammy Deever's missions are exceptionally hard in my opinion.

GTA London (Both '69 and '61): London 1961 is all-around hard as you have to do every mission perfectly to pass. London 1969 missions that were the hardest, I'd say are Jack Parkinson's missions.

GTA 2: Hands down, Conversion Evasion! for the Krishna. The tanks can only be destroyed by blowing up the generators and it wasn't too long ago I finally managed to beat this mission without dying.

GTA III: The only mission I'd say was hard was Grand Theft Aero. The rampages are much harder.
GTA VC: Guardian Angels (that balcony position was a royal pain in the a**) and Demolition Man, with an honourable mention to Keep Your Friends Close...

GTA SA: Zero's missions (particularly speaking New Model Army), A Home in the Hills, and End of the Line.

GTA LCS: The Portland Chainsaw Masquerade, hands down.

GTA VCS: Last Stand stood out to me as VCS' hardest mission.
GTA IV: Both A Revenger's Tragedy and Out of Commission were equally hard, though Undress to Kill and Museum Piece get honourable mentions.

GTA TLaD/TBoGT: This S***'s Cursed and Get Lost for TLaD, and Sexy Time and Bulgarin's missions for TBoGT. Interestingly enough, got gold on Departure Time on first try.

GTA V: Only missions I'd say were hard would be Lamar Down and the Big Score missions. Saving Franklin, Michael and Trevor, though was both a piece of cake and enjoyable.

• Crimie Marston likes this

Light Syde Riandy
  • Light Syde Riandy

LSR

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:41 PM

"Penal - ties", anyone?

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:02 PM

The hardest GTA mission ever for me was the one where Tommy has to race that fat guy so he would be a getaway driver.His car is faster than Tommy's (I wish we could at least use the car we want,not be forced to use the Sentinel),he drives flawlessly around corners at high speed (unless we shoot his tires,which is hard to do),and the cops don't chase him.With all the other hard missions I got better with practice,but I only managed to pass this one a few times,mostly by pure luck.The worst thing however,is the fact that this mission is pointless because the guy is useless,Tommy has to drive to the bank,and when the cops arrive the dude jumps out of a car and gets shot like a dumbass,so Tommy has to drive again.

dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:49 PM Edited by dewtech_2008, 29 May 2016 - 11:49 PM.

6LvEX1j.png

Although, shout out to the damn RC helicopter mission on Vice city if playing on a word processor, that sh*t is diffcult.

• Sunrise Driver, ROCKSTAR MANIC and Crimie Marston like this

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Killing some f*cking Deadbeats!

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:01 AM Edited by HoleInTheSky, 30 May 2016 - 12:05 AM.

San Andreas - Flight School & Zero's missions (PC controls made them some of the biggest f*cking headaches in gaming). Easy enough on PS2, however with that came the realisation they were just boring, sh*tty missions. 

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:31 AM

NRG-500 Challenge
Getting gold on Burn And Lap
  • Light Syde Riandy likes this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:25 PM

GTA SA

Air Raid absolutely stinks on the Ps2. Not only is it hard to aim freely in first person, but you also have to shoot really TINY planes. And if you miss a few planes too many, it just gets worse. Never bother to shoot the planes if they already drop a bomb. Making them suicide for extra damage is a jerk move.

Oh and god help you if you do the mission during night time. THE WORST. Even if you retry over and over again, you have to keep in mind what the time of the day is so you don't get stuck with night time.

I take Supply Lines over this mission any day. ANY DAY! Even the glitched Ps2 version. That one was easy.

Bonus for End of the Line. Not that it's super hard, but this mission is long, and it's before the era or mission checkpoints. Failed to catch Sweet? Start over. Though I suppose it gives more satisfaction when you beat it compared to new games coddling gamers...

Melancholia
  • Melancholia

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:44 PM Edited by Melancholia, 30 May 2016 - 06:44 PM.

The Staunton Island RC missions on LCS is what nightmares are made of. It always takes numerous frustrating attempts to control that incredibly sensitive RC truck and get to first place. I hate all RC missions outside of GTA III.

As for storyline missions, I always have a hell of a time with Toreno's Last Flight on San Andreas.

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:09 PM

Bonus for End of the Line. Not that it's super hard, but this mission is long, and it's before the era or mission checkpoints. Failed to catch Sweet? Start over. Though I suppose it gives more satisfaction when you beat it compared to new games coddling gamers...

But there was a checkpoint just before the firetruck chase, so not as bad as it could be.

• Sentinel Driver likes this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:37 AM

The hardest GTA mission ever for me was the one where Tommy has to race that fat guy so he would be a getaway driver.His car is faster than Tommy's (I wish we could at least use the car we want,not be forced to use the Sentinel),he drives flawlessly around corners at high speed (unless we shoot his tires,which is hard to do),and the cops don't chase him.With all the other hard missions I got better with practice,but I only managed to pass this one a few times,mostly by pure luck.The worst thing however,is the fact that this mission is pointless because the guy is useless,Tommy has to drive to the bank,and when the cops arrive the dude jumps out of a car and gets shot like a dumbass,so Tommy has to drive again.

Lord, that mission was definitely one of the harder ones in the game. There a few ways you can beat him without actually racing him. I got lucky and Hillary glitched into the ground so I beat him easily.
  • GTA-Biker likes this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:27 AM Edited by EkaSwede, 31 May 2016 - 10:30 AM.

Lord, that mission was definitely one of the harder ones in the game. There a few ways you can beat him without actually racing him. I got lucky and Hillary glitched into the ground so I beat him easily.

Nice. When I was about to beat Hillary, he killed himself. yes, I was ahead of him and he suicided into the water. (Or was it flipping himself upside down and exploding?)

That day... I witnessed the game rage restarting on me.

• GTA-Biker likes this

Yorpie
  • Yorpie

I fought the law and the law lost.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:38 AM Edited by Yorpie, 31 May 2016 - 10:46 AM.

Hmm I can't really come up with a mission that really made me rage tbh. When I was younger I had trouble with the SA missions like the low rider contest and the beach party because of having to time the button rights but not really anything else.

On GTA V, Hood Safari, when on the beach with Lamar and having to fight your way to a car with a whole lot of cops coming down with cover being scarce, that wasn't to easy, especially considering you don't want your wanted level to raise. 

Also the mission where you drive over the cargo on the train was not to easy, but that was more due to my own mistakes, failing to jump on the train or falling of while driving over the containers. Although when having to defend Michael, the merryweather snipers did cause for a lot of problems.

On GTA SA, the tanker mission with Catalina is annoying, which is why I now always shoot the two guys in the car first. And the other catalina mission with the quads, that one has gotten me quite a few times.

Also, a lot of people mention wrong side of the tracks on SA being difficult, but what exactly is making it so difficult for you people if I may ask? You simply drive right next to the train and Smoke can kill the vagos pretty quick, unless the PS2 version is harder.
Also another one people are mentioning is Three Leaf Clover in GTA IV, but once again this isn't to hard now is it? I never get below my armor on that one, just keep shooting, aim well and take good cover and that mission is a walk in the park.

• Wiseguy94 likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:40 AM

Catalina's stealing a Tanker mission is difficult? It's as simple as driving to the objective. They either won't be able to keep up at all times or literally can't deal enough damage to blow you up.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:52 PM

Same thing happened when I passed that mission for the first time.Another time I managed to jump out and shoot his tire with an M4 so he was spinning out,and third time I pushed him in some garage so he got stuck behind a wall.I'll start playing VC again soon,this time on PS2 instead of PC,so I'm interested to see will it be any easier with a controller.

• Pavle likes this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:54 PM

Should we all be lucky GTA doesn't have a difficulty setting??  :blink:

So I Not see why any mission should be "hard".

dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:03 PM

Should we all be lucky GTA doesn't have a difficulty setting??  :blink:

So I Not see why any mission should be "hard".

A mission that's hard because you have to think, or takes some skill, is a great thing imo.

A mission that's hard because it's bugged or just downright stupid, is a pain though.

• killdrivetheftvehicle, Light Syde Riandy and DimitriFaustin like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:24 PM

For GTA SA, Cop Wheels. To this day I still haven't been able to complete it.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:32 PM

What's so hard about stealing 4 bikes and driving them onto a truck? :lol:

• Sunrise Driver and Light Syde Riandy like this

MythicalCreature
  • MythicalCreature

meh

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:20 PM

Seems everyone fogot about that damned yardie-killing mission from GTA advance.

Well, everyone who played it, anyway.

Wiseguy94
  • Wiseguy94

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:01 PM

Catalina's stealing a Tanker mission is difficult? It's as simple as driving to the objective. They either won't be able to keep up at all times or literally can't deal enough damage to blow you up.

Well, those guys drive aggressive and there's a damage meter, not to mention one guy shoots at you if I remember correctly. They also get under the trailer and cause you to spin out.

Yorpie
  • Yorpie

I fought the law and the law lost.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:21 PM

Its easy as pie when killing the dudes, but when I first tried years ago I didn't thought of that and they just kept driving underneath the truck causing me to spin or lose the tanker. And I can't drive to fast or else its the same sh*t, drive to slow and they just shoot the thing to bits. I believe the guy in the passenger seat even uses a shotgun if I recall that correctly. 

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:25 PM

GTA 3: Espresso 2 Go is one mission I least look forward to.

GTA Vice City: Death row gave me trouble as a kid, though now I think 'Keep your friends close' is probably the most challenging mission in the game for me.

GTA San Andreas: The majority of them, I'm f*cking sh*te at this game.

GTA V: 'Bury The Hatchet' gave me some trouble on my first playthrough, not very hard now, though the only really challenging missions I can think of is trying to get gold on 'Driller' and the Gauntlets you have to find for the 'Big Score'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users