93 replies to this topic
PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:12 AM

Pier Pressure? I didn't know a Freighter was pressing down on them. :p

Phill, you realize calling on my typos is like making fun of a paraplegic because he's unable to walk?

I know. I'm just being flippant there. You don;t need to worry. K? :^:

• The Deadite likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:10 PM

When did R* start to f*ck up? When TBOGT debuted.

Fixed :p
Double fixed.
Don't get me wrong, i love TBOGT but that's the exact moment when they gave up to pier pressure and started backpedaling, with the identity of the HD universe and what the new GTA waa about that is, they went back to square one. Game is great and all but the story and most characters suck, in retrospective TBOGT is a preview of V minus the dumb gameplay.
I still don't demonize R* like everyone seems to do, but who changes the tone of his flagship game twice?

I agree, none the less with your Post. Going further, I did not like the Mission Completion Tally introduced in TBOGT one little bit. That's another example of the decay of the Series, in my opinion.

The mission checklists IMO are just an artificial way of increasing replay value, but I can't say I really blame R* there though as most developers implement this crap now.
  • Niobium likes this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:03 PM

Double fixed.
Don't get me wrong, i love TBOGT but that's the exact moment when they gave up to pier pressure and started backpedaling, with the identity of the HD universe and what the new GTA waa about that is, they went back to square one. Game is great and all but the story and most characters suck, in retrospective TBOGT is a preview of V minus the dumb gameplay.
I still don't demonize R* like everyone seems to do, but who changes the tone of his flagship game twice?

I agree, none the less with your Post. Going further, I did not like the Mission Completion Tally introduced in TBOGT one little bit. That's another example of the decay of the Series, in my opinion.

The mission checklists IMO are just an artificial way of increasing replay value, but I can't say I really blame R* there though as most developers implement this crap now.

One thing I do hate is 100% mission check list, yes I know they are not forced, but knowing me as a GTA perfectionist I still do them. What ever happened to doing the mission how you want?.

• Mister Pink, Algonquin Assassin and PhillBellic like this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:09 AM Edited by Mokrie Dela, 12 September 2016 - 10:10 AM.

Double fixed.

One thing I do hate is 100% mission check list, yes I know they are not forced, but knowing me as a GTA perfectionist I still do them. What ever happened to doing the mission how you want?.
You can blame Ubisoft for that. AC:B was the first game I saw that rammed it down your throat, and every AC game since. I'm not actually sure about the timeline to be fair - maybe BOGT actually did it first, and that screen that hung about for a minute before you could skip it was annoying AF

I dislike mission complete screens - a message that flashes up - like vice city - is fine, but in modern sandbox immersion, is it really necessary? Feels 90's platformy to me

In regards to where rockstar went wrong, in not sure they did. GTAO is making sh*tloads of money so technically the company is more successful than ever. Maybe that money will be injected into gta VI/rdr etc I dunno

But yeah I do think they're misguided; I'm not MP guy

Ps sorry about quite train; trying to delete passages in my phone is nigh on impossible
  • PhillBellic likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:27 PM Edited by Niobium, 14 September 2016 - 08:28 PM.

WHEN THEY MADE TREVOR KILL JOHNNY. FU*K I HATE TREVOR
  • Sunrise Driver likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:42 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 14 September 2016 - 08:43 PM.

The thread is to discuss on how R* went wrong as a company, and with the decisions they made, not within specific parts of their games. Keep that to the GTA V forum, or not at all.

• Gummy  and The Deadite like this

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:16 AM

Double fixed.

What;s wrong with doing the mission how you want and still checking it off the list regardless? I think you're mixing 2 ideas here - you don't like all the possible fail states for certain V missions (and I agree, the freedom is lost, whereas some places you have it, but it's programmed in, so it feels cheap) but that has nothing to do with completed/not completed. 

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 18 September 2016 - 05:08 PM

Definitely with money-printing GTA Online. The singleplayer of V is still a great experience imo!

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:12 AM

they went hipster

DERGaming
  • DERGaming

Dagger

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:58 AM

I feel like they need to stop trying to make there games like other games

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Token black guy.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2016 - 01:34 AM

GTA Online.

• TheWhiteHat likes this

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 October 2016 - 03:54 PM

No GTA V Expansions

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

borger

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:40 PM

they didn't lol
  • straightupmenace likes this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:59 PM

RDR3 announcement. 2nd Biggest mistake they ever made. MC cancellation still remains #1.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:24 AM Edited by Lock N' Stock, 21 October 2016 - 01:27 AM.

I've got to admit, there's been times when I've been a terrible fanboy of Rockstar in the past, notably on these forums. People pointed out the issues of GTA V that I refused to acknowledge. Sooner or later though, I just couldn't stay in denial. The silence from them regarding GTA V's hype, the cut content, the milking of GTA Online, the refusal to address complaints, and of course the incident involving The Benz. I have admittedly lost alot of respect for them in recent years. Still, the announcement of RDR2 does give me a bit of hope, but there's no way I'm over-hyping myself up again like I did with GTA V.

Then again, what do I know? Take-Two are the ones that own them, so maybe R* aren't in complete control over the decisions made regarding business practices.

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:42 AM

Cancelling the single player expansion for online updates

(this one is personal) Announcing RDR2 in bully's 10th anniversary

• Sunrise Driver and Pedinhuh like this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:35 AM

Cancelling the single player expansion for online updates

(this one is personal) Announcing RDR2 in bully's 10th anniversary

Yeah this as well.

Another one: R* could go a Sleeping Dogs way - release GTA V on PC on day 1 with PS3 and then update PC version with PS4 release (and replace it for new buyers). Yet they made PC gamers wait 1.5 years - the longest wait for GTA PC game.

hoopz71
  • hoopz71

GREEN N WHITE THRU N THRU, Here we go to 5 in a row

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

I think they should've allowed for transferring problems, I transferred from ps3 to ps4 but the ps4 was faulty so had to send back & a week or so later when I got new ps4 R* had taken all my gamecash (38million approx ALL LEGIT) and when I complained I was told the reason they'd took my money was I transferred twice even after I'd explained everything I never got a penny back. I'm still struggling for gtao cash now grr

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:53 AM

468px-GTA-Online.jpg
I had hope for this around 2013, I thought it would create a whole new GTA expierence without destroying single player. Turned this series into babysh*t, f*cking baffles me how people can still put up with this horsesh*t.
  • UltraGizmo64, Piggsy pls, Niobium and 1 other like this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:56 PM

Going with GTA Online as well. This should have been a standalone game. Attaching it to GTA V just sacrifices the quality of the story and characters in favor of trying to milk multiplayer to ridiculous amounts. I found GTA V's plot to be quite bland and the characters were too flat.

Also, Rockstar is going wrong with making GTA Online too PVP-oriented with these recent updates. It's turning the franchise into another Call of Duty or Battlefield.

• Sunrise Driver, UltraGizmo64 and Payne Killer like this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:05 AM

Well the #1 wrong for majority is obvious now - Officially giving a BIG middle finger to all PC gamers.

• B Dawg, anthony, UltraGizmo64 and 2 others like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:21 AM

When R* abandoned Midnight Club, a series beloved by many and a direct competitor on the racing market, just because it wasn't a billion dollar game like GTA.

• Sunrise Driver, B Dawg, anthony and 2 others like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

1#GTA 5/ Online

2#Abandoning MC series

3#f*cking the PC Gaming

4#

5#

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:54 PM

GTA Online

no 'smaller', original and fun games anymore it seems ... only because they don't sell 20+ million copies

• B Dawg likes this

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:31 PM

I find it interesting that so much people bring gta online, i have pretty different opinion about this game compared to majority but i think i can make separate gta v topic about how i feel about the game.

For online i think they went wrong by allowing stuff like insurgents, and lock on rpgs to be pretty easly available.

But for me their biggest downfall is the lack of communication with the comunity, more or less their secrecy is getting annoying now, it's clear they focus a lot about online now and opcoming games, but compared to other companies that at least pretend to listen to the players rockstar layer of secrecy is letting us the feeling that we have no idea what they are listening to, and what they don't care at all about.

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:28 AM Edited by Tao Cheng, 17 July 2017 - 03:30 AM.

Firing the brothers, with them gone I'm concerned with their future projects going into a downhill direction. Midnight Club Los Angeles and GTAV felt like the peak of my loyalty for Rockstar Games.

KonradGM: Their secrecy tactics is to make their games have a long lifespan. I do that with my videos and they slowly creep up to a lot of views.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

...the brothers? Leslie Benz was fired, not the Housers.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:02 AM Edited by BlackScout, 19 July 2017 - 03:03 AM.

...the brothers? Leslie Benz was fired, not the Housers.

Damn, I thought that was Aaron Sarwar, guess I was wrong. Bollocks.

Rockstar is fundamentally broken, it's a miracle they still exist...

To be honest, probably a miracle they ever got all this fame and recognition, they're a f*cking mess and will always be.

Prone to get worse from now on. (Modding fiasco, FiveM, GTAO, etc etc.)

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

Grand Theft Auto Québec TC developer

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

What Rockstar did wrong was to not make any new Midnight Club game since MCLA.

• B Dawg and BLOOD like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 4 weeks ago

What Rockstar did wrong was not making any new non-GTA game in 4 years since the release of V.

• Spaghetti Cat, Leone Family, Rotary and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users