Photo

Graphic Issues on Android

10 replies to this topic
AngelBryan
  • AngelBryan

Night Rider

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:36 AM Edited by Angel Bryan, 15 May 2016 - 07:35 PM.

I have some graphic bugs on GTA San Andreas on Android.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J700M) with Android 5.1.1 lollipop, 1.5 GB of RAM, 1.5 GHz Octa Core Exynos 7580 Processor and a Mali T720 (Single Core) GPU.

Here are some pictures showing the problem: http://imgur.com/a/Z29T4

I will wait until Rockstar optimizes the game for my device but i would like to know why i am having this problems, since i have the same pixelated textures with Vice City and no problems with GTA III.

Have you ever experienced this before? did you find a fix? or fixed itself with the time?

Thanks.
  • wati wati likes this

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:48 AM

This is a known issue on newer devices which Wardrum Studios doesn't care to fix

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:35 AM

It's problem with compression type on Mali GPUs. You can fix it in SA by

Fix for pixelated textures on Mali devices

Extract two .obb to Android/data/com.rockstargames.gtasa/files/. Go to texdb folder, remove all files in subdirectories with etc name and change name dxt to etc.

AngelBryan
  • AngelBryan

Night Rider

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:09 PM

It's problem with compression type on Mali GPUs. You can fix it in SA by

Fix for pixelated textures on Mali devices Extract two .obb to Android/data/com.rockstargames.gtasa/files/. Go to texdb folder, remove all files in subdirectories with etc name and change name dxt to etc.

Did this works with Vice City too? And this solve that weird graphic bug that appears on San Andreas? You know that flickering kind of bug on the screen.

AngelBryan
  • AngelBryan

Night Rider

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:21 PM

This is a known issue on newer devices which Wardrum Studios doesn't care to fix

I already contacted Rockstar support asking if they can add my phone to the incoming supported devices but since is Wardrum Studios who makes the port, do you think i need to contact them instead. Do you think asking on the support services will work? I mean i paid for their product to later find that dosen't work. Is their duty to fix the game and hear their customers right?

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:05 PM

I already contacted Rockstar support asking if they can add my phone to the incoming supported devices but since is Wardrum Studios who makes the port, do you think i need to contact them instead. Do you think asking on the support services will work? I mean i paid for their product to later find that dosen't work. Is their duty to fix the game and hear their customers right?

You can contact them, good luck. My phone (Galaxy S5) has been released in February 2014 and they never bothered to optimise it for VC. My phone can barely handle VC...
  • The_Human likes this

LeaperStone
  • LeaperStone

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:46 AM Edited by LeaperStone, 02 April 2017 - 04:53 AM.

Yes it was occurred to me

NettersDaPro023
  • NettersDaPro023

San Andreas Lover

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:01 PM

My brother has Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime and has this weird graphic issue too. It can't be fixed I guess, just ignore it :)

XNGamer
  • XNGamer

No one in the middle of everyone.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:40 AM Edited by XNGamer, 16 July 2017 - 11:49 AM.

I have a HUAWEI P8 Lite (Android), same annoying problem. It happens on all Samsung, Huawei and LG high-end phones. On iPhone 7 it does not happen, iOS version is optimized.

This glitching is an incompatibility issue: the game was last updated in March 2015 and the only Android capable of running at Max settings is the *Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo Plus*, phone of the same 2015, but it had defects which forced me to change it.

The performance on modern Android phones (samsung s7, s8) is just embarrassing, if someone comes around, please send a notofication nessage to Rockstar about a possible update which would fix these issues.

Also, how Snapdragon struggles with an Unreal Engine game is just awkward.

Masterbobbo
  • Masterbobbo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:38 PM

I saw that there was an update for IOS two months ago, where they resolved some bugs, including the white textures bug blocking the view from time to time. They also resolved the Hunter Helicopter bug where you couldn't use the rockets, since an excess button was blocking the other button (you can see the full list of resolved bugs in that update here https://support.rock...es/115007825208). They should be preparing an update for Android also, I hope.
I can say that I'm a bit disappointed with the mobile version of GTA SA. Guess Wardrum Studious didn't do their work properly. I expected that they would even resolve some of the bugs which were present in the PC version. But those bugs are still there and there are even new ones. Hope they patch up most of the games issues in the near future :)

XNGamer
  • XNGamer

No one in the middle of everyone.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:08 PM Edited by XNGamer, 29 July 2017 - 01:40 PM.

[...] I expected that they would even resolve some of the bugs which were present in the PC version. But those bugs are still there and there are even new ones. Hope they patch up most of the games issues in the near future :)

The mobile port is a copy of the PC / PS / XBOX ports, so it maintains the same exact "universal" bugs without a fix, plus the port-related bugs which need a fix.

I saw that there was an update for IOS two months ago, where they resolved some bugs, including the white textures bug blocking the view from time to time. [...]

Anyway, I didn't know these graphic issues appeared also for the iOS, thanks for the info. I hope the Android patch for these issues comes soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users