Play story mode as a ped

15 replies to this topic
kr1ck
  • kr1ck

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Anguilla

Posted 10 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

First of all English is not my native language and I'll try my best to explain how to get this working.

So after a few days of discovering how does GTAV handl its stuff I came up with this:

If you change active character to any model, active model hash will change to hash that based on its name.

That's why game treats you an NPC when you change player to an NPC model.

Hashes are generated by the game within a name and they are used by game scripts.

So the only way to make game treat your active model as a character you want is to change a generated hash to the hash of the character.

Guide:

You will need:

List of hashes: http://lexicongta.com/res/npcs.txt

Cheat Engine.

Let's say you want game to treat S_F_Y_STRIPPER_02 as a PLAYER_TWO (Trevor)

S_F_Y_STRIPPER_02 hex hash is 0x6E0FB794

PLAYER_TWO hex hash is 0x9B810FA2

Change your player model to S_F_Y_STRIPPER_02.

Using Cheat Engine search for 6E0FB794 hex value.

After getting a list with found addresses try to change values to 9B810FA2 (Trevor's hash) one by one until you find the right address.

You can quickly check if game treats you as Trevor by Pressing M. Menu will become orange styled and titled "Trevor".

After that change all other values back to default 6E0FB794.

That's it. Your model can now do whatever Trevor can.

There are some noted bugs with clothes and facial animations in some cutscenes. Save/load also causes a minor clothing bug.

Doing this every time with a Cheat Engine is a little bit complicated. It'd be nice to have a simpler way.

Anyways though I hope you could understand my broken English. And thanks for all community to let me figure this out.

Here is a short video:

• Member's Only and BrownRecluse like this

Member's Only
  • Member's Only

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • Achievement unlocked: used the porkcharsui cheat

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:52 PM Edited by GradeA-Hole, 11 May 2016 - 10:52 PM.

There should be a script to do this automatically.

I would kill to play as my Online character on V.

• Pastry likes this

Phnx
  • Phnx

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:49 PM Edited by Phnx, 12 July 2016 - 03:55 AM.

Oh yeah! :D

I think I found the beginning of a memory pattern. I scanned (8 bytes, exact value) for 9c9effd8 (freemode female) and found that changing that value at 147E4718 and then at 14900718 caused the desired effect. :D

• jedijosh920 likes this

BrownRecluse
  • BrownRecluse

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:38 PM Edited by BrownRecluse, 12 July 2016 - 12:56 PM.

This is great! Playing as the freemode ped in single player and using a trainer, is it possible to access the clothing options available to online players?

Phnx
  • Phnx

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:49 AM

This is great! Playing as the freemode ped in single player and using a trainer, is it possible to access the clothing options available to online players?

You cannot use clothing stores with this method because the game "thinks" you're either Franklin, Michael or Trevor. But you can use Menyoo for example.

BrownRecluse
  • BrownRecluse

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:24 PM Edited by BrownRecluse, 13 July 2016 - 10:46 PM.

I changed the value to make the game think I was Franklin.

I dont know how to change the values using scripthook, but I created a cheat table in cheatengine and set a hotkey to toggle between the value for Franklin and Freemode Male. This allows me to switch to the Multiplayer model and set the clothing and then switch to Franklin and switch back when I need to change clothes because the trainer thinks I am using Franklin's model when I switch the values and wont let me modify the multiplayer model. This and a collection of other mods kinda creates the ability to use the online player in single player and have the benefits of online play(more clothing, yachts,apartments, etc.) Thanks for the find Kr1ck!

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:22 AM Edited by DymeDef, 14 July 2016 - 07:40 AM.

I dont know how to change the values using scripthook, but I created a cheat table in cheatengine and set a hotkey to toggle between the value for Franklin and Freemode Male. This allows me to switch to the Multiplayer model and set the clothing and then switch to Franklin and switch back when I need to change clothes because the trainer thinks I am using Franklin's model when I switch the values and wont let me modify the multiplayer model. This and a collection of other mods kinda creates the ability to use the online player in single player and have the benefits of online play(more clothing, yachts,apartments, etc.) Thanks for the find Kr1ck!

Mind sharing this? I would love to be able to do this with the mod set up I'm using and I've gone through almost every line and haven't found the one that changes the free roam male to a protagonist.

BrownRecluse
  • BrownRecluse

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

Mind sharing this? I would love to be able to do this with the mod set up I'm using and I've gone through almost every line and haven't found the one that changes the free roam male to a protagonist.

The line changes every time because the GTA5.EXE does random address loading

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:34 PM Edited by DymeDef, 14 July 2016 - 02:35 PM.

The line changes every time because the GTA5.EXE does random address loading
How did you get a hotkey to be able to swap between the two if it's always changing?

BrownRecluse
  • BrownRecluse

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:07 PM Edited by BrownRecluse, 14 July 2016 - 03:08 PM.

I created a hotkey after I found the line, but when I rebooted the game the line changed. I think I've tracked down the pointer(s) for the address so now the cheat table works without having to change the address each time. Here is the Cheat Table for switching from the Freedmode Male to Franklin, the hotkeys are numpad* to switch to Franklin and numpad - to switch back to the Freemode Male, you can edit the hotkeys in Cheat Engine. If somebody could convert this to a script, that would be awesome. If it makes a difference, I used the Steam version when making this.

https://www.dropbox....si/GTA5.ct?dl=0

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:42 PM

I created a hotkey after I found the line, but when I rebooted the game the line changed. I think I've tracked down the pointer(s) for the address so now the cheat table works without having to change the address each time. Here is the Cheat Table for switching from the Freedmode Male to Franklin, the hotkeys are numpad* to switch to Franklin and numpad - to switch back to the Freemode Male, you can edit the hotkeys in Cheat Engine. If somebody could convert this to a script, that would be awesome. If it makes a difference, I used the Steam version when making this.

Awesome, thanks for this. I'll let you know how it goes.

BrownRecluse
  • BrownRecluse

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:37 PM Edited by BrownRecluse, 15 July 2016 - 03:20 PM.

I noticed that Franklin's special ability is unavailable and when you make a purchase the money does not subtract from Franklin's cash. If anybody knows the addresses or how to find them, let me know.

Update: After chasing around the player ID values in Cheat Engine for a while and getting nowhere, I figured out that if you switch to Franklin, change your player model to the freemode male, toggle the cheat to make the game think you are Franklin, then switch to Michael or Trevor(not using the trainer), then swtich back to Franklin(not using the trainer), and the player model should be Franklin so switch back to the Fremode Male model using the trainer and bring up the interaction menu and it should say Franklin on the top and you can now spend and earn money using the Freemode Male model. Still don't know how to get Franklin's special ability.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:10 AM Edited by nkjellman, 03 August 2016 - 06:10 AM.

I was wondering, do you think you could update this so we can choose to have the game think we are ether Michael, Trevor, or Franklin? I can't seem to find the value to change so it thinks I'm Michael. Michael is closer to what GTA Online is like with the iFruit phone and the Maze Bank Account. lol

BrownRecluse
  • BrownRecluse

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:02 AM

Yeah just edit the cheat table hotkey and replace the value 2602752943 with 225514697 for Michael and 2608926626 for Trevor

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:05 PM Edited by nkjellman, 03 August 2016 - 08:47 PM.

Yeah just edit the cheat table hotkey and replace the value 2602752943 with 225514697 for Michael and 2608926626 for Trevor

I have tried changing it, but Cheat Engine doesn't actually change it. Still stays as Franklin.

Edit: Never mind. I found it.

Edit: I got Trevor to work, but I can't get Michael to work. Could this be due to me loading my save as him? However, it seems that the game thinks Michael is the Freemode Male.

Edit: Not sure what was making it so Michael not work, but I have corrected the error. Now, I wonder if we can change the hud colors to the Freemode hud colors. Back when the premium version of Menyoo worked Online, I noticed that if you have been in GTA Online, then go to Story Mode, and switch your character model to the Freemode Male or Freemode Female, you would have the Freemode hud colors.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:05 PM Edited by nkjellman, 06 October 2016 - 08:49 PM.

First of all English is not my native language and I'll try my best to explain how to get this working.

So after a few days of discovering how does GTAV handl its stuff I came up with this:

If you change active character to any model, active model hash will change to hash that based on its name.

That's why game treats you an NPC when you change player to an NPC model.

Hashes are generated by the game within a name and they are used by game scripts.

So the only way to make game treat your active model as a character you want is to change a generated hash to the hash of the character.

Guide:

You will need:

List of hashes: http://lexicongta.com/res/npcs.txt

Cheat Engine.

Let's say you want game to treat S_F_Y_STRIPPER_02 as a PLAYER_TWO (Trevor)

S_F_Y_STRIPPER_02 hex hash is 0x6E0FB794

PLAYER_TWO hex hash is 0x9B810FA2

Change your player model to S_F_Y_STRIPPER_02.

Using Cheat Engine search for 6E0FB794 hex value.

After getting a list with found addresses try to change values to 9B810FA2 (Trevor's hash) one by one until you find the right address.

You can quickly check if game treats you as Trevor by Pressing M. Menu will become orange styled and titled "Trevor".

After that change all other values back to default 6E0FB794.

That's it. Your model can now do whatever Trevor can.

There are some noted bugs with clothes and facial animations in some cutscenes. Save/load also causes a minor clothing bug.

Doing this every time with a Cheat Engine is a little bit complicated. It'd be nice to have a simpler way.

Anyways though I hope you could understand my broken English. And thanks for all community to let me figure this out.

Here is a short video:

I am having trouble updating this to the latest patch.

Cheat Engine is not being cooperative in terms of letting me change the address to the new address as the box is greyed out and I don't know what address it is. When I search, there are a bunch of them.

Edit: After trying countless addresses, nothing works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users