Nintendo Switch Discussion Topic

322 replies to this topic
KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:26 PM

Awwww yeh, finally the prices on Amazon dropped to an acceptable level, and I put in an order for mine! Will arrive tomorrow! Can't bloody wait!

Made the right choice there, what games you got for it?

• Tchuck likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:34 AM

To start off, Mario Odyssey, Stardew Valley, Golf Story, and Overcooked. Gonna put off BoW until I get far along Odyssey. Will eventually get Mario Kart as well for the multiplayer fun with family.

• KilnerLUFC and Ivan1997GTA like this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:38 PM

Keep meaning to get that Stardew Valley, but always forget to. Guessing you now have your Switch then?

• Tchuck likes this

scalliano
  • scalliano

Undermonetized Minnow

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:06 AM Edited by scalliano, 02 December 2017 - 02:08 AM.

Yeah, decided to hold off on starting BotW until Christmas when I'm off work. Currently playing through Blaster Master 0 and trying in vain to get those remaining moons in Odyssey. If I could just nail that dive-spam trick I'd be golden, but alas and alack.

Also planning on picking up Isaac Afterbirth and Resi Revelations, but need to get the Chrimbo shopping out of the way first ...

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:33 PM

Just got XC2 2 hours ago, Im 1 hour in and made it to this flying harbour and just met my new team with this little girl, the tiger and those 2 dope fighters.
Holy crap the music, the graphic style, the presentation, the combat ( ye Ive only done one fight so far lol, but still ) etc. are pretty amazing.
Ye, I know Im only 1 hour in, but I got a feeling this game is gonna be amazing and prob. one of these few games that can actually be on the same overall experience lvl of a FF7 or Shenmue.
Most of the time I just walked around on this flying harbour looking at things, <3 this game & so many little Pikachus everywhere lol.

Nintendo is rly takin over when it comes to great games this year.
I was starving for a good JRPG since so long after FF15 was another huge letdown,
XC2 is exactly what Ive been looking for. <3

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:46 AM

Yeah, decided to hold off on starting BotW until Christmas when I'm off work. Currently playing through Blaster Master 0 and trying in vain to get those remaining moons in Odyssey. If I could just nail that dive-spam trick I'd be golden, but alas and alack.

When you finally start BoTW, I'd easily advise you to get the DLC pack for the game, especially with the fact that DLC pck #2 is due anytime now, and promises to add so much more to the game. I've not even dared attempt the Master Mode yet since I still can't even beat the damn Lynels on the game, but may be tempted to soon t make the game feel fresh again. Currently just grinding the Shrines and Side Quests till Pack 2 arrives.

And know exactly what you mean with Odyssey, think I spent about a half hour in Donk City just trying to master some of the jumps, feeling pretty proud when I mastered the backwards hat throw, dive on top of hat, throw hat again jump, only to then go on Youtube and see some of the jumps that could be done...yeah, f*ck that!

Just got XC2 2 hours ago, Im 1 hour in and made it to this flying harbour and just met my new team with this little girl, the tiger and those 2 dope fighters.
Holy crap the music, the graphic style, the presentation, the combat ( ye Ive only done one fight so far lol, but still ) etc. are pretty amazing.
Ye, I know Im only 1 hour in, but I got a feeling this game is gonna be amazing and prob. one of these few games that can actually be on the same overall experience lvl of a FF7 or Shenmue.
Most of the time I just walked around on this flying harbour looking at things, <3 this game & so many little Pikachus everywhere lol.

Nintendo is rly takin over when it comes to great games this year.
I was starving for a good JRPG since so long after FF15 was another huge letdown,
XC2 is exactly what Ive been looking for. <3

Can't wait to get my hands on XC2. Can't say I've ever got in to a proper RPG game, let alone a JRPG, but this game had me tempted from the start.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:18 PM

Keep meaning to get that Stardew Valley, but always forget to. Guessing you now have your Switch then?

Yes. I love it. I really, really love it. Whenever I pick it up, I can't put it down for another couple of hours.

So far, the games I've played:

-Super Mario Odyssey: Beautiful, tight, fun, just an all around amazing game. People keep bitching that Nintendo makes too many Mario games (they really don't), but this one is just superb

-Golf Story: God I love this little gem. The golf gameplay is really fun, and the RPG elements are very interesting. Really enjoying my playthrough

-Stardew Valley: Had 100 hours on this on my Steam (wife had 200), but this is the definite version for me. Having it on the backpack, to play whenever I want, brilliant. Really addicting game too, has that "just one more day!" feeling to it, and I enjoy it immensely

-Overcooked: Bought this to have some multiplayer time with the family, really fun game. Going around trying to make recipes and organize ourselves and failing to serve while the kitchen catches fire is priceless. 

Couldn't be happier with my Switch purchase.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Very Nice Mayor at Cities Skylines

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:49 PM

I'm looking forward for Shin MegaTen 5. If it's at least like Nocturne or DDS, then I'll possibly pick this thing up. Though I think by that time I'll hold myself back..

Shaytan
  • Shaytan

Master of procastination

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:51 AM

I'm glad to see many folks I've had the pleasure to discuss this console with over the last year around here are managing to finally get their hands on their own.

Such a shame it still won't be this year I'll get one myself though, still not good enough deals around here for me, plus (again!) I've got a new guitar that took me all the money I could use to afford one.

Well, I'm planning to be moving out on the next two years, I might buy one by that time for me and my girlfriend if no better console comes out until then, by that time the prices for the games on the used market will be more affordable, too.
  • Tchuck likes this

Gremlin Sombra
  • Gremlin Sombra

Life's good when you're Caveria main.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:36 AM

I don't even have my switch yet but I'm so f*cking happy to have one ordered. There was one little wish I wanted and it was to have Bayonetta 2 ported to switch because I never bothered with the Wii U. Not only that but they announced bayonetta 3.

Reggie, baby...
My body wasn't ready.

I have the Mario Odyssey bundle ordered but they have yet to restock. Can't wait for it to finally be here already.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:37 AM

Well sh*t, my winter bonus came today, and it is lovely. Therefore I'll be treating myself to Zelda, Mario Kart, and Splatoon 2!

Just in time for Zelda too.. New DLC comes today.

And there's motorbikes now. Holy cow yes.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:50 AM Edited by KilnerLUFC, 09 December 2017 - 02:03 AM.

Yes. I love it. I really, really love it. Whenever I pick it up, I can't put it down for another couple of hours.

So far, the games I've played:

-Super Mario Odyssey: Beautiful, tight, fun, just an all around amazing game. People keep bitching that Nintendo makes too many Mario games (they really don't), but this one is just superb

Mario Odyssey manages to feel like a brand new, fresh as f*ck game, yet somehow seems to manage to bring back the glorious elements from other titles. Fantastic game...just a shame other games have seen me not play it for a while now. No spoilers here at all, but there's a certain section in New Donk City that was pretty much up there as one of the best gaming moments in my whole life, absolutely amazing section.

And yes, powered up straight on to Zelda today after the announcement last night. The new challenge can be an absolute bastard at times, and I'm surprised my controller wasn't launched at the screen for how infuriating it was. Managed to get through it though, then spent some time sourcing some new armour...didn't really get chance to start on the main quest proper though - Hopefully get a few hours spare this weekend to do so.

Glad that it won GOTY, but for me, and in my honest opinion, it's still one the weakest Zelda titles that I've played through. Don't get me wrong, the game is beautiful in every single way possible, and the ingenuity that is behind everything is unbelievable, but as a Zelda title, sorry but I'm a little old-school - I miss my dungeons that each had their own feel and theme, with a big boss battle at the end of it, I miss having some form of linear system that meant the NPC's were memorable (Honestly, I care very little for what whats-their-name wants me to go and fetch for them etc), I miss having a proper story driven game, rather than the story been thrown at you in a quick video...List is endless...

This is why I rushed to buy the DLC, as it promised to extend in pack #2, so I'm hoping there's something major to come for me in this update. I keep trying to play the game with an open mind and not keep telling myself it's a Zelda game...but yeah, overall I think even OOT is still a better game to me. 

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:48 AM

Ever since I slotted Zelda in, haven't played anything else. Always just one more shrine, just one more area, just one more thing, it's very addicting. 

• Mr_Rager likes this

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

30 hours in and Im on my way to the main city of chapter 3

having so much fun with XC2 atm

dem this game seems to be longer than persona 5

• Tchuck likes this

Shaytan
  • Shaytan

Master of procastination

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Shaytan, 3 weeks ago.

Being a platform known for housing a big library of indie games, it's a great thing to see small studios going above and beyond to develop the best games with little money and resources. While these titles use to have a lot of originality and a sense of freshness, most are lacking the amount of content bigger studios can deliver, resulting in games that can be fully completed in a day. Well, the developer of the upcoming title Little Devil Inside promises otherwise.

In an interview to the Korean website Inven Global, transcribed by the website WCCF Tech, the developers explained: "The main story is 20 hours, and the total playtime will probably be 100 hours on average. Our intention is for players to have a lingering feeling from the process of slaying monsters and coming back." If the promise verifies at the release, I have to say they'd deliver something many big studios can't nowadays without relying on DLC content.

The Kickstarter-funded game by the indie Korean studio Neostream will be available for the PS4, XB1 and PC, but not sooner than on late 2018. While there is no Switch version guaranteed, the developers stated their interest on releasing the title for this platform as well, considering the Kickstarter campaign originally included a version for the Wii U, later dismissed for obvious reasons.

Source: WCCF Tech

https://www.youtube....h?v=Dfuc9VRkZ4o
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 2 weeks ago

Holy sh*t I f*cking love Super Mario Odyssey <3

Shaytan
  • Shaytan

Master of procastination

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted A week ago

Not fresh news, but here it goes: the Nintendo Switch is officially the best-selling console in the first year in the US ever with over 4.8 million units, beating the Wii.

Also, around 50% of the Switch owners have Zelda Breath of the Wild, while around 60% own Mario Odissey. Pretty cool, uh?

• Tchuck likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

No but see, Nintendo is doomed! They're gonna fail! The Switch will flop yet! Then Nintendo will become simply another third party developer, so we can play Mario on our Xboxes and Playstations!

Lol. Every new generation, people say Nintendo is doomed. Here is Nintendo again, proving everyone wrong!

• Shaytan and Ivan1997GTA like this

Shaytan
  • Shaytan

Master of procastination

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted A week ago Edited by Shaytan, A week ago.

Indeed, but I guess that can apply to me as well, I was quite skeptical about it in the beginning as well but I gotta admit you were right from the day we got to see this console. I guess the biggest problem was that people underestimated the actual processing and graphical capabilities of the Switch, a bit to blame on Nintendo's side since they were never clear about that.

It brings the topic Rich mentioned on his video about the subject - if studios weren't entirely sure about this platform at first, now that we can safely say the Switch is a successful console and will remain so at least in the near future, third-party developers see it as a great money-making opportunity, but with the usual twist we've got used to since the last decade or so regarding consoles that require larger changes to the game: crappy ports. And we've seen that coming already with FIFA 17 ([dis]honourable mention to the master of money-making without consideration for the consumers, EA). While an handful of bad games are completely normal among a huge library of good ones, let's hope that doesn't turn into the only third-party support eventually.

Note: Switch subject at 8:36.

• Tchuck likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

If they get Netflix in it, god damn this machine will be great. My PS4 has been the netflix machine for the past couple of months, but now that it's cold, wife and I just use whichever iPhone is at hand to watch it. Having it on the Switch, mannnnnn...

Shaytan
  • Shaytan

Master of procastination

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted A day ago Edited by Shaytan, A day ago.

In yet another totally unexpected Nintendo move, the company has just announced Nintendo Labo, a new type of game/accessory that consists of cardboard pieces that the player can assemble and mount the console and joy-cons into, creating robots that are powered up and controlled by the console. Nintendo's official webpage discribes it as "Nintendo Labo combines the magic of Nintendo Switch with the fun of DIY creations".

There are two announced sets launching in April 20th for $69,99 and $79,99.

qwhqkez2quv2ewxqvlya.png

I gotta say there's something rather nostalgic about these, that makes me remember when I was a kid and loved to build toys out of paper and cardboard. However, I'm not too sure about the durability of the toys for something so expensive - will the player be able to replicate the designs using provided templates in the sets? I'm sure that, after some play, the pieces will eventually break due to the material's fragility and disposable nature.
  • Tchuck and Ivan1997GTA like this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted A day ago Edited by Tchuck, A day ago.

I'm quite confident Nintendo will also sell the cardboard kits separately later on, so that you can build a new one if you need it.

Cardboard can also be resistant too, though, specially those purposely made for being used as toys and stuff. And being disposable is great for the environment too. Seriously excited for this, and am definitely going to pick them up when my bonus comes. 

But more importantly, this feels like Nintendo telling the world "Hey, the Switch isn't just a game console. Look at what else it can do!" and trying to inspire other devs/publishers to go beyond. Nintendo didn't make just a home console that is portable; it made a machine for play. And that's brilliant. More and more the Switch looks like a home run for Nintendo. Kids everywhere will be bugging their parents for one, specially after this. Here in Japan, these kinds of DIY kits for robotics etc are very common. Seriously, Nintendo is going to make mad bank with this. I wonder if/how the other two will respond.

Edit: holy f*ck holy f*ck holy f*ck

Something we've all overlooked in this, for sure. Check out the website.

Right at the bottom, to the right. "Create new ways to play".

This thing also has some basic programming language for you to create your own things! Oh man! This is brilliant!

• Shaytan and Ivan1997GTA like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Labo is the stupidest sh*t I've ever seen.

Wake me when they port Smash

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users